Mr Nick09
Firenze
Art Morte
The Demon of Carthage
sportsczy
52 posters

Page 10 of 37 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 23 ... 37  Next

Go down

L'Equipe:  PSG open to selling Neymar - Page 10 Empty Re: L'Equipe: PSG open to selling Neymar

Post by Doc Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:18 pm

Like Tito and us signing anyone, I am really cynical when it comes to our La Liga chances so if we do win it, I'm gonna celebrate it as if I actually contributed ffs.

Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

L'Equipe:  PSG open to selling Neymar - Page 10 Empty Re: L'Equipe: PSG open to selling Neymar

Post by sportsczy Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:34 pm

You know that, despite his undeniable world class talent, Neymar is a complete cancer for the team.  He doesn't train much, he's a horrible example for the younger kids on the squad, leaves the team whenever he feels like it AND forces his team to play at his pace/style.

I thought he showed out at Barca so much because of the presence of Messi...  but it became far worse at PSG.  

To boot, PSG actually performed better without him last season for the most part...  the team wasn't as sexy; but it was FAR more balanced.  If they had Cavani instead of Di Maria (lol) or Choupo Motting playing striker, they would have been devastating because the danger was coming from left, right and center.   With Neymar, they were predictable and lopsided... which didn't matter against the lesser teams; but was an obvious crutch against better sides in CL.

Anyhow, that's my rant on Neymar, who has great talent but an absolute shit attitude.

I don't think any club should block a player that wants to move... but the club has to pay up. Barca needs to pay up. They made PSG pay and there's no reason PSG should't do the same to them.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:37 pm

L'Equipe:  PSG open to selling Neymar - Page 10 Giphy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:38 pm

Barca has beaten Madrid in 8 of the last 10 leagues. Madrid has consecutive 3rd place finishes.

What in the world has Madrid done this summer to suggest they will win? Laughing
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:42 pm

And what is this rationalization of Neymar's impact? We already saw him at Barca. We see him at PSG. Nerman is monstrous talent whose bad attitude doesn't stop him from beating scrub teams. They would (continue to) destroy the league.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:11 pm

I leave you for a couple days, just a couple days, and you turn this place into a shithouse, Madrid fans.

Okay, let me try to clarify some things to the GL community:

1. sports is downplaying Neymar because he can't bear the thought of a non-French club snaking the best player from the most powerful and richest club in France. If he knew Madrid even had the slightest of chances to land him, he would be highfiving strangers in the night bus.

2. As things stand, Madrid still has no chance of competing with Barça in the league; even without Neymar. Hazard will improve the team a little bit, but Madrid still hasn't fixed the problems in the midfield area. They're wasting time chasing after Pogba while turning a blind eye to obtainable talent like Ndombele and even Pepe. If Barça gets Neymar, might as well give them the trophy in September.

3. Barça may not be able to afford Neymar with a straight cash deal, but they have exciting players who could sweeten the deal for them; mainly Coutinho who would walk into PSG's starting 11.

4. There's a rumor circulating on GL that Barça can't pay their players without loans. Would please those who support such claim come forward with the evidence from a reputable source? Cause all I see here is them kicking our asses almost every window, getting galacticos for fun while we are forced to wait until they are in the last year of their contract to have a chance.

5. Neymar changed his attitude when he left Barça for a smaller club. Do you seriously think that after a failed experience in Paris, he would bring the same attitude back to Barça? Like seriously?! It would be his last chance to redeem himself as they wouldn't be many suitors left if he acted like a spoiled brat at Barça as well. I expect him to be a model professional for them without any shenanigans. And he would be taking turns with MSG carving us open every clasico.

6. Don't be salty Madrid fans. Barcelona are just investing more into their squad than we are, and if we end up trophyless again, it'll be our own fault.

With that being said, I'm gonna return to my boring sunday activities, and please oh please, don't fuck up this place again. Ciao!
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:45 pm

PSG doesn't want Coutinho and more importantly, doesn't like Barcelona. They probably hate them at this point. They would want cash, lots of it and perhaps Dembele as Mbappe is his teammate on the French team.

Barcelona may need to go to the IMF to see if they organise a lil loan tbh.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:58 pm

sportsczy wrote:I don't know about that Doc.  Zidane would have won La Liga in this first season if he hadn't taken over so late and won it in his second season.  The third season...  the veteran players decided not to show up until February and we sold off all our depth with no replacement.

This time around, there's proper competition and the veteran players are under pressure from the word go.  I think we're going to compete hard in La Liga.

On the other side, Barcelona keep buying strikers... when they don't need strikers...  and didn't address the issue on the back line at all.  Pique is a shadow of himself, Umtiti is injured too often, Lenglet is good but not great, Alba can't defend and I have no idea who plays as RB....  forget the depth back there too.

Once we sign Pogba, we're better in the midfield and defense by a significant margin.  Our attack should be ok... but Barca has the obvious edge there.

I think we take La Liga actually.  My concern is CL because it takes a season to really get the new players integrated into a team and CL doesn't forgive.

Better in the defense and midfield. Nowhere close. Pique was the best CB in the world last season along with VVD. Lenglet had a terrific first season too. With Mats in goal, thats a solid 3. Alba is certainly better than current Marcelo. RB is a worry but defense as a whole is still better than Madrid's.

In FDJ and Arthur, we have the 2 best midfield talents in the world. Add in Vidal and Rakitic, its a better midfield than any combo Madrid has.

Madrid has a better forward line because structure will be better balanced. We have to cater to Messi.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:59 pm

Doc wrote:PSG doesn't want Coutinho and more importantly, doesn't like Barcelona. They probably hate them at this point. They would want cash, lots of it and perhaps Dembele as Mbappe is his teammate on the French team.

PSG don't want Coutinho but United do. And their desperation level will make them pay big bucks.

That's half of the €200m sorted.

Spoiler:
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:08 pm

@myesyats; holding against his will? he signed a contract. if you sign a contract you either see out your contract or the buying club pays what the seller wants, which is the release fee. pretty much what utd is doing with pogba, and i can't get mad at them. a pressing issue with psg is, its the usual suspect that keeps coming after their players, barcelona have done this with thiago silva, verratti and now neymar. psg has a right to be upset, nobody put a gun to neymar's head to move there. and even barca was upset when he left

@sportsczy, i don't think anyone at santos, brazil (Who even made him their captain) nor barcelona has referred to neymar as a cancer. this thing with psg is a one-off (actually caused by psg themselves). if he was such a cancer, his former teammates won't want him back. same thing i said for pogba, the utd issue may be a one off, considering juve and france haven't had a bad word to say about him

i wish i could believe these barcelona money issue situation, but i can't. i can't cos i've been hearing it for years now, even when they had their former president, the guy who was arrested. my hope is psg don't sell, or if they do, they collect all their money in full. how this will affect an mbappe move is a huge concern of mine.

Last edited by titosantill on Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:46 pm; edited 3 times in total
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:15 pm

sportsczy wrote:You know that, despite his undeniable world class talent, Neymar is a complete cancer for the team.  He doesn't train much, he's a horrible example for the younger kids on the squad, leaves the team whenever he feels like it AND forces his team to play at his pace/style.

I thought he showed out at Barca so much because of the presence of Messi...  but it became far worse at PSG.  

To boot, PSG actually performed better without him last season for the most part...  the team wasn't as sexy; but it was FAR more balanced.  If they had Cavani instead of Di Maria (lol) or Choupo Motting playing striker, they would have been devastating because the danger was coming from left, right and center.   With Neymar, they were predictable and lopsided... which didn't matter against the lesser teams; but was an obvious crutch against better sides in CL.

Anyhow, that's my rant on Neymar, who has great talent but an absolute shit attitude.

terrible post

you're just mad because he's thrice the player ThiccZard is
Myesyats
Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:34 pm

Neymar against Madrid in UCL was literally a 1 man show and we couldn't stop him to save our lives. PSG probably beats us if Neymar plays the return leg in Paris that season. My issue about neymar isnt about what Barca are now, hes their next messi and will be terrorizing us for years. God forbid I cant truly enjoy another world class talent because it's at our expense.

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:46 pm

Imagine claiming Neymar and Griezmann don't defend. Laughing Do you even watch football? Neymar and Griezmann work hard off the ball.

Neymar will never cause issues at Barca. He loved it at Barca, it was the best time in his life, he had a reputation of being "top 3" in the world and at some point "better than Ronaldo". He was about to win the Ballon d'Or sooner or later. The MSN love-in where they deliberately tried to set eachter other up all the time was ridiculous to watch. Give him 1 season back in Barca and he will be regarded as the undisputed top 2 player in the world again alongside Messi. While at PSG he is compared to French Walcott. Laughing

Everything went downhill once he left to a club smaller in stature than Leeds United. He realized his mistake and wants back home. It happens.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:49 pm

He loved Barca so much, he left the first chance he got. True love right there and you still can't afford Neymar. Funnel all that love to Griezmann imo.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:54 pm

He left because the hype got to his head (he's a Burger flipper if he weren't talented at football type of guy after all) and he got ahead of himself. He thought he was going to be like a God, bringing PSG the treble single-handedly and everyone bowing down to him during Ballon d'Or Gala while earning gazillions of dirty Arab oil money. Panned out a little different and he got brought down back to earth.

No hard feelings, it happens. We all make mistakes. Come back home, champ. Proud

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:56 pm

Mistakes is what makes us hooman.

Also, Griezmann is better than Hazard as well. Don't let Perez fool you, you havent had that great of a transfer window so stop rejoicing in Barca's misery.
Myesyats
Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:57 pm

Keep hearing this 'Barça doesn't have the money" but your most reliable source so far has been The Mirror Laughing

Also Madrid fans talking shit about Neymar's defensive contribution when they have Hazard rofl
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:17 am

danyjr wrote: Also Madrid fans talking shit about Neymar's defensive contribution when they have Hazard rofl
just wait til we get pogba

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:22 am

rofl

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:59 am

Madrid fan, singular. Also, Barca has money, they just don't have buying Neymar money. It's cool, I do hope you buy him as I cannot wait for my dear friend futbol's comments after they get KO in the CL to an English team.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:12 am

Idk why some of yall think Barca losing CLthe past few years = they'll never win again. Literally everyone but 1 team goes through this every year

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:32 am

I’ll keep it simple. Neymar would improve any team, including ours, instantly. The attitude thing is BS and has been exaggerated by the French Media.

We already have Hazard, so I’m not gonna say he is our top priority, but a player that good would undeniably improve us
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:41 am

Clutch wrote:
danyjr wrote: Also Madrid fans talking shit about Neymar's defensive contribution when they have Hazard rofl
just wait til we get pogba

Yes, Pogba will prove everyone wrong with his trademark, defensive contributions.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:26 am

If he plays the way he does for NT.... absolutely. He's been a beast for NT defensively the past 12 months. Why? he has Kante, a proper DM, to back him up. So there no hesitation or fear. Casemiro will (hopefully if Casemiro is on his game) provide a similar level of comfort.

also, as with France having griezmann, you have hazard at Madrid. He doesn't need to force the issue to create a play. So his position becomes far more sound on the pitch.

Yeah... teammates count lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:36 am

"Neymar works hard off the ball"

rofl rofl rofl rofl
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:41 am

Neymar's defensive contribution is underrated imo. He was the one who was doing the most donkey work from MSN. Didn't he also accept playing as a LM in a 4-4-2 for PSG in some key games at the start of the season?

Look if Barca gets an easy run up then obviously they can win the CL. I just think that once they come up against tough teams MSN will struggle. They don't have the same offensive dynamics as they did in 2015. They're also all older now too.

Barca does need a LW though. If you watched their previous CL ties the lack of pace on the left was a serious issue. Dembele is a RW and Coutinho is too slow. Griezmann's better in the middle and his 1v1 skills aren't good enough to play on the wing where he can't even cut in to his stronger foot.

Mane would've been an amazing signing tbh.

Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 37 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 23 ... 37  Next