Myesyats
Unique
Warrior
iftikhar
guest_07
19 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Terrorist attack in NZ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Terrorist attack in NZ?

Post by Unique Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:45 pm

hope our main man kick is ok. hes not been on the forum since it happand. kick let us know you are ok man Thumbs up

Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:32 am

This is the problem with the right wing propoganda. A few of them are terrorists and wouldn't think twice before going on a killing spree. Right wing Media , politicians and Islamic terrorism are directly responsible for creating people like this.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:05 am

Unique wrote:hope our main man kick is ok. hes not been on the forum since it happand. kick let us know you are ok man Thumbs up

I'm pretty sure Kick is safe, his last visit is shown to be yesterday. He does not live in Christschurch and I'm pretty sure he's not Muslim so its unlikely he would be at a mosque.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:38 am

Unique wrote:hope our main man kick is ok. hes not been on the forum since it happand. kick let us know you are ok man Thumbs up
I have been asking this from Day 1.

Hello @Don't call me James, how have you been?
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:43 pm

Appreciate the concern lads, I live in Australia (am a New Zealander by birth) so myself and my family are safe. I also do not have much family in Christchurch.

It does however, it hits close to home as New Zealand is such a peaceful and welcoming country.

Such a heartless act is horrifying and something I never wish to see again.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:45 pm

https://news.sky.com/story/utrecht-tram-shooting-three-people-killed-in-possible-terror-attack-11669489

looks like there could be a terror attack in holland now. maybe a revenge attack from the new zeland shooting but not confirmed yet.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:09 pm

they are saying now its not a terror attack. it was a personal attack
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:29 pm

Unique wrote:they are saying now its not a terror attack. it was a personal attack

He went shooting in a tram, don't think so. Apparently he had ISIS connects and was let go after questioning lmfao Europe your superior human rights do more damage to innocent citizens than good. EU needs to change this.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:32 pm

Nishankly wrote:
Unique wrote:they are saying now its not a terror attack. it was a personal attack

He went shooting in a tram, don't think so. Apparently he had ISIS connects and was let go after questioning lmfao Europe your superior human rights do more damage to innocent citizens than good. EU needs to change this.
on the news they are saying he shot the girl and other people were just in the wrong place at the wrong time and were hit in the cross fire. they are saying he got arrested for rape the other day or something and they think the 2 are linked.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:35 pm

Unique wrote:
Nishankly wrote:

on the news they are saying he shot the girl and other people were just in the wrong place at the wrong time and were hit in the cross fire. they are saying he got arrested for rape the other day or something and they think the 2 are linked.

Oh didn't know about this update.

Still doesn't change human rights and how its bended in the EU, well atleast its not bended in the other way round like in war areas but its still something to be looked upon asap
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:45 pm

Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:00 pm

Unique wrote:

This is probably the most left wing position you've ever posted Proud

India is against you clearly they hate us :/

Anyways, you are standing for peaceful Muslims :bow:

I am more worried about India tbh, we have a right winged nationalist party that hate muslims and it doesn't work when we have one of the highest mulims in the world.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:35 pm

Nishankly wrote:
Unique wrote:

This is probably the most left wing position you've ever posted Proud

India is against you clearly they hate us :/

Anyways, you are standing for peaceful Muslims :bow:

I am more worried about India tbh, we have a right winged nationalist party that hate muslims and it doesn't work when we have one of the highest mulims in the world.
its like this man thinks islam and muslims are the most peaceful people on earth. its like he is thinking islamic terroism does not exist. its like he thinks people just pick on islam and he has no clue why. Laughing Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:35 pm

It is absolutely horrible what happened in NZ, like any other terrorist attack. It's hard to even think of how would I react if someone close to me would've been killed in a terrorist attack and it's obviously a danger that can rise almost anywhere on the globe nowadays. There must be some level of awareness about this and we must try to protect ourselves from this kind of acts as much as we can. It definitely needs to be stopped.

But, at the same time, there's something about terrorist attacks that many people don't think of or don't really understand. Terrorism isn't such a big threat globally as it is generally perceived to be when compared directly to other causes of death. Probably all of us here know what terrorism is, but I'll bring up its definition again for a clearer perspective.

terrorism = the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

It uses violence and intimidation, therefore shocking the viewer and it is politically focused. And how can this work better if not by being perceived as a greater threat than it actually is and getting spread on a broader spectrum of people than anything else? They easily get the whole planet's attention, especially since internet access has become so common all over the world. We must not forget that cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, respiratory diseases, alcohol disorder and homicide cause much much more deaths annually. And these are just a few examples of a longer list.

So, to get to my point, I believe we must work our way in raising awareness about the importance of changing the perspective on terrorism when seen in this paradigm of how much a threat it is compared to other more urgent issues that we have. This will actually lower the effectiveness of the terrorist attacks which by definition seek world wide recognition. This way we will implicitly focus more on more urgent problems, such as those that I've mentioned above.

We should not feed terrorism by promoting it and letting it live on the web with the help of multimedia platforms. There should be very strict policies regarding this in every country and with the help of police and secret services, media and influential IT companies should tackle this issue by leaving it out as much as possible. It's good to get news about these events, but a brief notice and a warning about them should be enough. Don't overreact, don't repeatedly show video footage until everyone starts to panic, which is exactly what happens every time there is an attack. Shock and horror everywhere, which is a natural reaction, and this is the only way it truly works for them.

There's no doubt it isn't easy to approach this issue and find a definitive solution for it but, as things stand right now, we're not actually eradicating terrorism and I expect a new wave of attacks in the coming years like we've had in the mid 2010s.

My thoughts are with those affected and their families.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:50 pm

Vlad the Impaler wrote:It is absolutely horrible what happened in NZ, like any other terrorist attack. It's hard to even think of how would I react if someone close to me would've been killed in a terrorist attack and it's obviously a danger that can rise almost anywhere on the globe nowadays. There must be awareness about this and we must try to protect ourselves from this kind of acts as much as we can. It definitely needs to be stopped.

But, at the same time, there's something about terrorist attacks that many people don't think of or don't really understand. Terrorism isn't such a big threat globally as it is generally perceived to be when compared directly to other causes of death. Probably all of us here know what terrorism is, but I'll bring up its definition again for a clearer perspective.

terrorism = the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

It uses violence and intimidation, therefore shocking the viewer and it is politically focused. And how can this work better if not by being perceived as a greater threat than it actually is and getting spread on a broader spectrum of people than anything else? They easily get the whole planet's attention, especially since internet access has become so common all over the world. We must not forget that cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, respiratory diseases, alcohol disorder and homicide cause much much more deaths annually. And these are just a few examples of a longer list.

So, to get to my point, I believe we must work our way in raising awareness about the importance of changing the perspective on terrorism when seen in this paradigm of how much a threat it is compared to other more urgent issues that we have. This will actually lower the effectiveness of the terrorist attacks which by definition seek world wide recognition. This way we will implicitly focus more on more urgent problems, such as those that I've mentioned above.

We should not feed terrorism by promoting it and letting it live on the web with the help of multimedia platforms. There should be very strict policies regarding this in every country and with the help of police and secret services, media and influential IT companies should tackle this issue by leaving it out as much as possible. It's good to get news about these events, but a brief notice and a warning about them should be enough. Don't overreact, don't repeatedly show video footage until everyone starts to panic which is basically what happens every time we have an attack. Shock and horror everywhere, which is a natural reaction, but only this way it works.

There's no doubt it isn't easy to approach this issue and find a definitive solution for it but, as things stand right now, we're not actually eradicating terrorism and I expect a new wave of attacks in the coming years like we've had in the mid 2010s.

My thoughts are with those affected and their families.
we were successful in eradicating the nazis because we attacked the ideology at the source. how can we begin to stop islamic terrorism when the world is to scared to even admit where the source of this ideology comes from.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:09 am

Firstly, that quote wasn't necessary considering that my post was very long and just above yours.  Razz

Secondly, Nazis were a different kind of threat and I want to believe we've learned to deal better with extreme situations. We can't really wage war on terrorism, we need to focus on the environmental and social reasons for the extremist behavior and change it from within. Extremists seek martyrdom because of many different reasons, but the main ones that have been identified with evidence are the promise of a better after life aka purification, getting glorification instead of staying irrelevant. It's true it is somewhat derived from Islamism, but it's a sensible line there that we should be able to see, between the vast majority of non violent people and those adopted into this terrorist machinery that is ISIS for example.

I wouldn't point fingers towards Islamism if that's what you're saying. Yet, I believe its core was remodeled and used as a mean of expansion of this ugly phenomenon.

It's basically trying to manipulate the miserable ones into believing they can put and end to the shame and the self disgust they are living with, through a radical ideology that brainwashes them into living with a solid purpose, yet with incredibly wrong values.

So, that's where I believe we should work. Education, access to information, put an end to structural violence. Fortunately, we have people who are actually doing a lot of research on structural violence nowadays.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:24 am

Vlad the Impaler wrote:Firstly, that quote wasn't necessary considering that my post was very long and just above yours.  Razz

Secondly, Nazis were a different kind of threat and I want to believe we've learned trying to deal better with extreme situations. We can't really wage war on terrorism, we need to focus on the environmental and social reasons for the extremist behavior and change it from within. Extremists seek martyrdom because of many different reasons, but the main ones that have been identified with evidence are the promise of a better after life aka purification, getting glorification instead of staying irrelevant. It's true it is somewhat derived from Islamism, but it's a sensible line there that we should be able to see, between the vast majority of non violent people and those adopted into this terrorist machinery that is ISIS for example.

It's basically trying to manipulate the miserable ones into believing they can put and end to the shame and the self disgust they are living with, through a radical ideology that brainwashes them into living with a solid purpose, yet with incredibly wrong values.

So, that's where I believe we should work. Education, access to information, put an end to structural violence. Fortunately, we have people who are actually doing a lot of research on structural violence nowadays.
if we can educate people into thinking that a 1500 year old book is a fairytail and not something you should believe to kill people then im all for it. but good luck with that.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:34 am

With a thorough plan and the right minds, I think it is possible to tackle terrorism on long term. And, personally, I'd say we would be fools for not trying before going berzerk with bombing. I think it's quite clear what could be the consequences of that and how unethical and immoral would be, considering we cannot specifically target only the culpable ones.

Last edited by Vlad the Impaler on Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:15 am

Unique wrote:
Vlad the Impaler wrote:Firstly, that quote wasn't necessary considering that my post was very long and just above yours.  Razz

Secondly, Nazis were a different kind of threat and I want to believe we've learned trying to deal better with extreme situations. We can't really wage war on terrorism, we need to focus on the environmental and social reasons for the extremist behavior and change it from within. Extremists seek martyrdom because of many different reasons, but the main ones that have been identified with evidence are the promise of a better after life aka purification, getting glorification instead of staying irrelevant. It's true it is somewhat derived from Islamism, but it's a sensible line there that we should be able to see, between the vast majority of non violent people and those adopted into this terrorist machinery that is ISIS for example.

if we can educate people into thinking that a 1500 year old book is a fairytail and not something you should believe to kill people then im all for it. but good luck with that.

This thread about white supremacist terrorist in NZ, yet blame others

You should learn more if your knowledge is like, ISIS = Islam

I don't label all white men as terrorist even though their governments terrorized mostly Muslim countries before & currently (Afghanistan, Libya, Iraq)

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:26 am

Vlad the Impaler wrote:With the right plan and the right minds, I think it is possible to make a thorough plan to tackle terrorism on long term. And, personally, I'd say we would be fools for not trying before going berzerk with bombing. I think it's quite clear what could be the consequences of that and how unethical and immoral would be, considering we cannot specifically target only the culpable ones.
man the problem is the holy book they follow. you have 1.6 billion people that think the quran is the last word of god. they think mohamed is the perfect man that ever lived. now if you read about mohamed or the quran it says that mohamed beheaded the non believers. he raped the wives of the dead non believers. he marred a 6yo girl and had sex with her when she was 9yo. he forced people to convert to islam and he tortured and piliged anyone that was not muslim. now im not saying all muslims will do the things mohamed did but if you brain wash enough kids by telling them that mohamed is the perfect man what kind of people do you think it will create. how the fuck can you brain wash kids by telling them that the perfect man was a war lord rapist pedo murderer and wonder why we have terrorists and child rape gangs in europe. am i the only person in the world that can see the link here. if i teach my kids from the day they are born that hitler is the perfect man how do you think they will grow up.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:43 am

Unique wrote:
Vlad the Impaler wrote:With the right plan and the right minds, I think it is possible to make a thorough plan to tackle terrorism on long term. And, personally, I'd say we would be fools for not trying before going berzerk with bombing. I think it's quite clear what could be the consequences of that and how unethical and immoral would be, considering we cannot specifically target only the culpable ones.
man the problem is the holy book they follow. you have 1.6 billion people that think the quran is the last word of god. they think mohamed is the perfect man that ever lived. now if you read about mohamed or the quran it says that mohamed beheaded the non believers. he raped the wives of the dead non believers. he marred a 6yo girl and had sex with her when she was 9yo. he forced people to convert to islam and he tortured and piliged anyone that was not muslim. now im not saying all muslims will do the things mohamed did but if you brain wash enough kids by telling them that mohamed is the perfect man what kind of people do you think it will create. how the fuck can you brain wash kids by telling them that the perfect man was a war lord rapist pedo murderer and wonder why we have terrorists and child rape gangs in europe. am i the only person in the world that can see the link here. if i teach my kids from the day they are born that hitler is the perfect man how do you think they will grow up.

ok, i will stop reply to a liar

have a nice day Smile

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:02 am

guest_07 wrote:
Unique wrote:

ok, i will stop reply to a liar

have a nice day Smile
i will except im a liar if you can prove to me that mohamed did not do the things i said he did. please respond. you have 2 choices here. you can except mohamed did the things that your holy book said he did and love him anyway. or you can except mohamed did the things your holy book says and think he was a very bad man. which is it.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:23 am

guest_07 wrote:
Unique wrote:

This thread about white supremacist terrorist in NZ, yet blame others

You should learn more if your knowledge is like, ISIS = Islam

I don't label all white men as terrorist even though their governments terrorized mostly Muslim countries before & currently (Afghanistan, Libya, Iraq)
yeah mate its like our government forced them countries to hang gay people. to cut the genitals from young girls. to stone women to death. to cut the hands from kids who steal food to eat. to sentence rape victims to death unless they have 3 males as a witness. to sentence people to death for blasphemy. to beat your wife when you get bored. islam sounds like so much fun.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:30 am

Unique wrote:man the problem is the holy book they follow. you have 1.6 billion people that think the quran is the last word of god. they think mohamed is the perfect man that ever lived. now if you read about mohamed or the quran it says that mohamed beheaded the non believers. he raped the wives of the dead non believers. he marred a 6yo girl and had sex with her when she was 9yo. he forced people to convert to islam and he tortured and piliged anyone that was not muslim. now im not saying all muslims will do the things mohamed did but if you brain wash enough kids by telling them that mohamed is the perfect man what kind of people do you think it will create. how the fuck can you brain wash kids by telling them that the perfect man was a war lord rapist pedo murderer and wonder why we have terrorists and child rape gangs in europe. am i the only person in the world that can see the link here. if i teach my kids from the day they are born that hitler is the perfect man how do you think they will grow up.

I wouldn't be so sure. How do you know there are 1.6 billion who really believe this? I tend to disagree.

I know that the basic Islamic religious law is derived from the Quran and there are many controversial aspects regarding different terms like "Jihad" or the punishments for different types of crimes which range from stoning to death and amputation of hands to crucifixion. There are many things that look pretty wrong on the surface. Its known that Muslim scriptures can easily become a source of justification for those who participate in extremely violent acts such as mass murder and child-molestation.

However, it is important to acknowledge that many scholars say most of those who act violently are misinterpreting the nature of Quran's content and use it as a mean of justification for their acts.

I agree to some extent that it does no good to put a book like this (with many violent references) in the hands of children by the wrong people or for the wrong reasons and it could prove to be fatal or dangerous (could be and is to some degree the same with the Bible), but let me remind you that if you check carefully, you can find statistics showing that violent crimes are more common in non-Muslim populations than they are in Muslim populations. The average homicide rate in Muslim countries is less than a third than it is in the non-Muslim countries and less than a fifth than in the Christian countries (you can find on Wikipedia a reference to a statistical study conducted by Professor Steven Fish published by Oxford University Press).

Different surveys show that Muslim populations have an overwhelmingly negative view of ISIS. Also, a textual analysis on the Quran and Bible conducted by Tom Anderson (software engineer) found that violence is more frequent in the Bible than in the Quran (you can find more in-depth stats about this with a simple search on Google).

Taking into consideration the evidence and what I wrote in the above posts, I think it would be wiser to not superficially judge 1.6 billion people. There are probably contextual social and political facts which are even unknown to us that might have triggered many radical Jihadists in the past and many people/governments could use a long hard look in the mirror before pointing fingers towards Muslims in general. It's clear to me that economical assassinations and oppressions of the past, plus other environmental/religious factors combined with chance and the wrong people at the wrong time, have had a heavy influence on the levels of terrorism we've had in the last decades, but the fine line between the non-violent Islamic people and the violent ones should become much more visible and be better grasped globally, otherwise terrorism will continue to succeed in dividing and hurting people.  tongue

Could you please explain in detail how would you tackle terrorism and why would you do it like that? Also, it seems that you act like you know the supreme truth, having no hesitation in indirectly assigning labels or judging people without going deeper than what you can see at the surface. Some people could find it insulting to treat them like they are completely blind or stupid.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:37 am

Nishankly wrote:

Fuck off.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:35 am

I'm sorry but Indians judging others' human rights is quite ridiculous.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next