VanDeezNuts
The Demon of Carthage
Beautiful Football
Mr Nick09
Hapless_Hans
34 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

José Mourinho's Return to Real Madrid - Page 3 Empty Re: José Mourinho's Return to Real Madrid

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:43 pm

rincon wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:It's sportmediaset in Italy saying that Mourinho will be appointed... I don't know their credibility but Madrid medias don't say that at all.

All main Madrid medias say the same, Perez wants Zidane to come back, he called him, and Zidane did not give an answer yet. Mourinho is not first choice eventhough some of our directors want him to be appointed.

main Madrid medias: Florentino wants Mourinho hmm
https://as.com/futbol/2019/03/08/primera/1552015211_169961.html?m1=cG9ydGFkYV9wb3J0YWRh&m2=UmVhbCBNYWRyaWQ%3D&m3=Mw%3D%3D&m4=bm9ybWFs
https://as.com/futbol/2019/03/06/champions/1551873253_444157.html

also main Madrid medias: "Mou is without a doubt one of the preferred choices of Florentino Perez"
https://www.marca.com/futbol/real-madrid/2019/03/07/5c80f222e5fdeae4588b456f.html

The article from AS is written by Tomas Roncero who has never broken any news about Madrid. He is a clown literally, known for his extremes reactions on El chiringuito. He is not reliable

The Marca article is saying that Mourinho is a potential candidate, not that he will be appointed on Monday

Again due to the convergence of stories from the traditionally reliable medias in Spain, the story is that Perez contacted Zidane first and Zizou did not give an answer. Mourinho is also being considered because he is available. The problem is that Perez would want someone to come in right away to finish the season because they don't think Solari can continue.

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

José Mourinho's Return to Real Madrid - Page 3 Empty Re: José Mourinho's Return to Real Madrid

Post by RealGunner Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:44 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
RealGunner wrote:
CBarca wrote:How does this guy keep getting jobs?

Because he is one of the most successful managers of this century

What has that got to do with his viability of his performance as manager in 2018 though?

BRB getting R9 to come out of retirement to save my striker problem IMO.

Because he has still won 3 trophies just within the last 2 years lol.

Madrid would still be in the CL if he was in charge of them before the Ajax games. No disrespect to Ajax.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:58 pm

@rincon, just to be clear Mourinho's name as definitely come up in the conversation for new coach, there is no doubt about that. Primary target is Zidane but I don't think Zidane would want to come back right now. So if Perez doesn't want to wait he might hire Mourinho.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:58 pm

I get that he's still a good KO coach IMO, but his league performance shouldn't be ignored.

His last year at Chelsea they were struggling for relegation when he was sacked and obviously this year at Man Yoo speaks for itself.

He's really done at the top level and any club trying to hire him is quite frankly stupid IMO.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:02 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I get that he's still a good KO coach IMO, but his league performance shouldn't be ignored.

Good what? Laughing

Have you watched Man United vs Sevilla last year? Don't think so, lol.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:55 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymN1q4ZvviM
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:51 am

For me Mourinho job at Madrid was massively underrated

Real got knocked out at round of 16 for many years before him. Mou reached semi-finals every year and that 2012 was sliding door in his Real Madrid story . Semi-final lost  just after penalty kicks , same year of Liga. It could be a "double" and who knows..

His Real Madrid played also better football than that under Zidane IMO

Anyway he has built that basis that has given glory to Real

Having said that , I didn't expect his return at all and I don't know if it can work (again, for me)
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:10 am

Vlad the Impaler wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I get that he's still a good KO coach IMO, but his league performance shouldn't be ignored.

Good what? Laughing

I have actually, i just don't think that's enough information to dictate anything. Unlike his league performance which obviously is.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:20 am

Well, he was not a good KO coach at Man United. Managed to get us eliminated early in the league cup with one of the worst ever performances we’ve had. A good KO coach can’t let such embarassment happen.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:31 am

Vlad the Impaler wrote:

Good what? Laughing

He won also Europa League tbh
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:34 am

Yeah, he was OKish, but definitely didn’t feel like he was a good KO coach overall while he was managing us.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:40 am

Yes he made definitely better in league than KO last year . For me that 2nd place deserved to be re-evaluated as good result to be honest. On the contrary the elimination against Sevilla was so bad, not just for the opponent ( ffs their coach was Vincenzo Montella ) but also for the matches .. Sevilla outclassed it
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:41 am

Robespierre wrote:For me Mourinho job at Madrid was massively underrated

Real got knocked out at round of 16 for many years before him. Mou reached semi-finals every year and that 2012 was sliding door in his Real Madrid story . Semi-final lost  just after penalty kicks , same year of Liga. It could be a "double" and who knows..

His Real Madrid played also better football than that under Zidane IMO

Anyway he has built that basis that has given glory to Real

Having said that , I didn't expect his return at all and I don't know if it can work (again, for me)

Everyone acknowledges what he did with Madrid, but after those achievements he left with the club up in flames. Then he started the same fire for Chelsea and for United.

It's fun to see Madrid burn some more.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:47 am

Saying he left with the club up in flames is an understatement.

But please don't talk like we have already hired him back lol. At this point, I hope Zidane takes the job and is given power to turn over the squad
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:15 am

Robespierre wrote:
Vlad the Impaler wrote:

Good what? Laughing

He won also Europa League tbh

Yeah, but as unconvincingly as it gets. We had one of the easiest runs ever in that competition. The teams we faced in the KOs were St Etienne, Anderlecht, Celta Vigo and Ajax in the final ofc. Laughing And each of those wins were nervy narrow ones. We were this close to getting knocked out in the semis by a John Guidetti goal towards the end.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:22 pm

Mou is the best coach at Refdrid the past decade. Definitely got more out of Refdrid than Zidane. He got them fighting again, given the referee help. What Zidane did, was to rely only in officials and referees to gift couple titles. I would be more afraid of Mou returning than Zidane, now that there's VAR.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:36 pm

Mourinho is the worst manager any club could possibly hire. Real would be better off hiring Tedesco, or staying with Solari.

Past it both from a personality, and a coaching approach, stand point.
He harbors his resentments, is immune to criticism or doubt, fallls out with everyone, plays demonstrably bad and unsuccessful football, has a media approach which has been found out, is completely inept at cultivating young players, signing the right players, or managing a squad.
The only thing he guarantees is immediate and hard to repair damage to both the sporting and the publicity side of the club.

Would be absolutely fantastic if he were indeed to get the job back.
I was 80% trolling when I started the campaign, but turns out I'm right even when I'm not serious.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:53 pm

I'm getting inside info that Pep Fraudiola is close to Juve?

Perhaps Allegri to Madrid then?
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:52 pm

Myesyats wrote:I'm getting inside info that Pep Fraudiola is close to Juve?

Perhaps Allegri to Madrid then?

I do not think Guardiola leaves City for Juve , but Allegri Is going to leave surely though .
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:54 pm

The reason why it's only Zidane and Mourinho being talked about now is because the club want the person to come in now, those guys are free and have the advantage of knowing the club already
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:26 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Mourinho is the worst manager any club could possibly hire. Real would be better off hiring Tedesco, or staying with Solari.

Past it both from a personality, and a coaching approach, stand point.
He harbors his resentments, is immune to criticism or doubt, fallls out with everyone, plays demonstrably bad and unsuccessful football, has a media approach which has been found out, is completely inept at cultivating young players, signing the right players, or managing a squad.
The only thing he guarantees is immediate and hard to repair damage to both the sporting and the publicity side of the club.

Would be absolutely fantastic if he were indeed to get the job back.
I was 80% trolling when I started the campaign, but turns out I'm right even when I'm not serious.

He's done as a coach.

The most people can point to is a Europa League with a squad that was 500 million pounds more expensive than any other team in the tournament, and he had a really easy route in the EL as well. As well as the mickeyist of mickey mouse cups, the EFL

Other than that, his last two managerial forays have lead to dressing room mutiny, some of the most expensive squads in world football facing relegation, buying aging players as always while ostracizing valuable young talent, terrible football, and worst of all, cowardly football against big teams. Never playing to win, only playing not to lose.

Watching the effect Mourinho had on Firenze week in week out was horrifying to watch in real time. Became miserable watching his own team. Look at him now. Rejuvenated and full of life
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:35 pm

makes no sense hiring someone to come in now. last thing we need is another situation where it papers over the cracks and flo convinces himself that this squad, which has lost 3 comps in 4 days is somehow good, because they are washing a bunch of garbage teams to close the season. finish the season with what we have , but make arrangements prior to and get an idea on how you want to build, and actually listen to the manager you hire with respect to arrivals and departures

any manager who accepts to come in now, should be the manager we do NOT hire; cos i don't think any manager with a shred of self worth or self respect will take this job at this time. and the kind of manager we need is one with self respect not a stooge

and we need to quit this digging a hole for ourselves and then looking for someone to cover our mess ups half way. we screwed up, lets at least see our mess up through till the end , and look to avoid those mess ups going forward
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:08 pm

Hahahahahaha
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:09 pm

Mourinho to PSG then, change the title please
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:11 pm

Thanks Hans neymar
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:12 pm

Kaladin wrote:Mourinho to PSG then, change the title please

Mourinho to Inter imo, I think PSG are extending Tuchel's contract.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next