Best young player of top national teams? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Best young player of top national teams?

+11
Robespierre
Jay29
BarrileteCosmico
Freeza
Great Leader Sprucenuce
McLewis
danyjr
zigra
urbaNRoots
rincon
Art Morte
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Best young player of top national teams? Empty Best young player of top national teams?

Post by Art Morte Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:54 pm

I got to thinking about the best young player - not older than 23 - for the top national teams. And I don't mean teenagers who might become great, I mean players who've already established themselves.

Here's my list:

France - Mbabbe
Germany - Sane / Kimmich?
Brazil - Jesus?
Spain - ???
Italy - ???
Argentina - Correa / Simeone?
Belgium - ???
Netherlands - ???
Portugal - Andre Silva?
England - Rashford?

Isn't that a pretty bad situation? What's happened to world-class young talent?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Best young player of top national teams? Empty Re: Best young player of top national teams?

Post by rincon Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:23 pm

Pellegrini or Romagnoli

Argentina can't be Correa/Simeone, I don't know the age of all their players but there has to be someone else.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Best young player of top national teams? Empty Re: Best young player of top national teams?

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:08 pm

Spain - Asensio
Netherlands - de Ligt/de Jong
England - Sancho
Belgium - Tielemans

Not bad at all.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:34 pm

I honestly don't know how many established top players younger than 24 you usually have so - is it bad? No idea.
But I'm certainly not worried about the future when looking at the young players we have today.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:29 pm

Argentina - Pavón/Lo Celso

Pretty average both of them tbh. Not the next Messi or Kun. Not even the next Dybala or Icardi if I'm honest.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:45 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Spain - Asensio
England - Sancho
Belgium - Tielemans

Not bad at all.

zigra wrote:I honestly don't know how many established top players younger than 24 you usually have so - is it bad? No idea.
But I'm certainly not worried about the future when looking at the young players we have today.

I'm kinda surprised how upbeat you guys are about today's top young talent.

Look at it this way: how many of these NTs have a 23-or-younger player who looks set to at least match the biggest talent of the previous generation?

No one from Argentina, Portugal or Brazil is going to match Messi, Ronaldo or Neymar, that much seems clear.

Is Pellegrini or Romagnoli going to match Pirlo? No.
Is Tielemans going to match Hazard? No.
Is Marco fucking Asensio going to match anybody? No.
Is Rashford or Sancho going to match Rooney, Lampard or Gerrard? I don't think so.
Is De Ligt or De Jong going to match Robben? I don't think so.

Mbabbe has the potential to match and overtake his older countrymen and maybe Sane or Kimmich or someone else can match Özil/Muller/Lahm/Schweini. But elsewhere it seems to me like the best talent of the latest generation isn't as good as the best talent of the couple of previous generations.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:47 am

In defense of Pellegrini, he is a completely different player to Pirlo as he isn't a deep-lying playmaking midfielder. It's perhaps more apt to say he's not on Totti, ADP or Baggio's level given they all played similar positions.

Your point is still well taken though.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:56 am

Also i wouldn't be surprised if Sancho and Rashford perform better than the older generation Art mentioned.

Although it's two different times and worlds and as I've mentioned before the national team is probably in a better state structurally than it has since i was kid.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:28 am

Speaking for USA here, it's definitely Pulisic.

Right now, I think he's nowhere near Donovan or Dempsey, who are absolute legends. He's perhaps more technical talented than they were at his age and stage of development, but they brought so much more to our game than just that. They were clutch in the highest pressure situations imaginable for USA. He hasn't displayed that yet. Maybe when it's all said and done, he ends his career having surpassed them both, but right now, he's done nothing yet. And there's nothing wrong with that.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:36 am

Denmark: Andreas Christenen on NT / Dolberg on club level

Sadly he doesn't play on club level anymore it seems
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:37 am

danyjr wrote:Argentina - Pavón/Lo Celso

Pretty average both of them tbh. Not the next Messi or Kun. Not even the next Dybala or Icardi if I'm honest.
I'll take Lautaro over both

But honestly if we all knew who the best 18byear old of each country is we would be the best paid scout at a top club. Surely Argentina won't produce another Messi, but I'm sure we will have another Kun in 5 years.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:48 am

Art Morte wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:Spain - Asensio
England - Sancho
Belgium - Tielemans

Not bad at all.

zigra wrote:I honestly don't know how many established top players younger than 24 you usually have so - is it bad? No idea.

I'm kinda surprised how upbeat you guys are about today's top young talent.

Look at it this way: how many of these NTs have a 23-or-younger player who looks set to at least match the biggest talent of the previous generation?

No one from Argentina, Portugal or Brazil is going to match Messi, Ronaldo or Neymar, that much seems clear.

Is Rashford or Sancho going to match Rooney, Lampard or Gerrard? I don't think so.

Mbabbe has the potential to match and overtake his older countrymen and maybe Sane or Kimmich or someone else can match Özil/Muller/Lahm/Schweini. But elsewhere it seems to me like the best talent of the latest generation isn't as good as the best talent of the couple of previous generations.

I only tried to mention the best talents of the countries you put a question mark on, was not trying to make a point.

Sure this generation does not look as good as players in their prime but Lampard, Pirlo weren‘t seen as such either at 20-21, they were young players who hadn‘t estabilished themselves— you know the ones you don‘t want us to mention in this thread.

I don‘t think football is at risk of lacking generational talent, if that is your point, because you have the likes of Havertz (Germany), Nelson (England), Barella (Italy), Lautaro (Argentina), Rodrygo (Brazil), who haven‘t estabilished themselves yet but look incredibly talented.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:53 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:

But honestly if we all knew who the best 18byear old of each country is we would be the best paid scout at a top club. Surely Argentina won't produce another Messi, but I'm sure we will have another Kun in 5 years.

He is very di María and I despise that guy Laughing
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:57 am

I find it stranger than you can this with any certainty at all.

By all accounts, the young players mentioned in this thread are very good players with potentially great careers ahead of them, provided they remain injury free. That's all we can say about them, because until they actually do something, there's no way we can compare them to great players of older generations.

I will point out though, that a lot of the players you mention didn't find consistency or an environment to showcase their best skills until their early-to-mid 20s. Not every great player establishes himself as a teenager.

I bet most of us would have dismissed Harry Kane when he was a teenager playing on loan in the Championship. He didn't make a breakthrough until he was 21. Now he's probably going to surpass Alan Shearer's PL goal record. Or look at Salah. A bright young player at Basel, but inconsistent throughout his early 20s, until all of a sudden at age 25 he has a 44 goal season and is now considered one of the best players in the world.

Then you get the other side of it, with guys like Fabregas and Michael Owen, who were outstanding as teenagers but faded as their careers went on.

The conclusion I take from this is that there will always be great players in every generation... but we don't know with any certainty where they'll come from or who'll it be, because sometimes the obviously talented players don't go on to have stellar careers.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:06 am

^ That's why I said in the op that I don't mean teenagers whose potential is yet totally unknown, rather I mean 20-to-23-year-olds (or thereabouts).

And it just seems to me that there's a lack of "talismanic" talent there.

Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:54 pm

Hard to say about Italy , everyone looks like average if compared with other European talents
Chiesa hype is finished
We should look at Zaniolo for next months, if his hype is credible or not
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:58 pm

Arty , Simeone Is terrible Laughing
Just a teetotal Andy Carroll
(Edit : well I suppose I should change example with you)
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:01 pm

danyjr wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:

He is very di María and I despise that guy Laughing

Do you despise Lautaro? Why

Anyway Icardi and Dybala aren' t considerered young players anymore ?
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:06 pm

Jay29 wrote:

I find it stranger than you can this with any certainty at all.

By all accounts, the young players mentioned in this thread are very good players with potentially great careers ahead of them, provided they remain injury free. That's all we can say about them, because until they actually do something, there's no way we can compare them to great players of older generations.

I will point out though, that a lot of the players you mention didn't find consistency or an environment to showcase their best skills until their early-to-mid 20s. Not every great player establishes himself as a teenager.

I bet most of us would have dismissed Harry Kane when he was a teenager playing on loan in the Championship. He didn't make a breakthrough until he was 21. Now he's probably going to surpass Alan Shearer's PL goal record. Or look at Salah. A bright young player at Basel, but inconsistent throughout his early 20s, until all of a sudden at age 25 he has a 44 goal season and is now considered one of the best players in the world.

Then you get the other side of it, with guys like Fabregas and Michael Owen, who were outstanding as teenagers but faded as their careers went on.

The conclusion I take from this is that there will always be great players in every generation... but we don't know with any certainty where they'll come from or who'll it be, because sometimes the obviously talented players don't go on to have stellar careers.

I've mentioned this a few times before, players peak at different ages. Yet, all early peakers seem to get hyped to the heavens before they've achieved anything. It's not rational, but it's fun, I guess Very Happy

Do you guys remember Bojan Krkic? The guy was an absolute legend at Barca's youth academy. Now, he's 28 and struggling for playing time at Stoke city.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:08 pm

McLewis wrote:Speaking for USA here, it's definitely Pulisic.

Right now, I think he's nowhere near Donovan or Dempsey, who are absolute legends. He's perhaps more technical talented than they were at his age and stage of development, but they brought so much more to our game than just that. They were clutch in the highest pressure situations imaginable for USA. He hasn't displayed that yet. Maybe when it's all said and done, he ends his career having surpassed them both, but right now, he's done nothing yet. And there's nothing wrong with that.

Well yeah, he's been on the team how long? And so young too.

It will happen eventually. He will be the best American player of all time
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:12 pm

Not difficult to being him tbh
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:55 pm

Süle, Sané, Kimmich, Werner, Goretzka, Brandt
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:22 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Süle, Sané, Kimmich, Werner, Goretzka, Brandt

You just never listen to me, do you? No wonder I keep cheating on you.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:27 pm

Art Morte wrote:

They've all Nt appearances in the double figures and are almost all starters, they're all starting for big clubs regularly, why don't they fit your requirements?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:25 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Art Morte wrote:

They've all Nt appearances in the double figures and are almost all starters, they're all starting for big clubs regularly, why don't they fit your requirements?

The point was to compare them to the previous generation greats. My argument is that the best of the current young players coming through are worse than the previous generation's best, almost across the board when it comes to the big footballing nations.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next