Glory
rincon
urbaNRoots
Firenze
33 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Next Numpty?

Next Manchester United manager? - Page 2 Vote_lcap17%Next Manchester United manager? - Page 2 Voting_bar 17% 
[ 4 ]
Next Manchester United manager? - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%Next Manchester United manager? - Page 2 Voting_bar 4% 
[ 1 ]
Next Manchester United manager? - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%Next Manchester United manager? - Page 2 Voting_bar 4% 
[ 1 ]
Next Manchester United manager? - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%Next Manchester United manager? - Page 2 Voting_bar 8% 
[ 2 ]
Next Manchester United manager? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Next Manchester United manager? - Page 2 Voting_bar 0% 
[ 0 ]
Next Manchester United manager? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Next Manchester United manager? - Page 2 Voting_bar 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
Next Manchester United manager? - Page 2 Vote_lcap21%Next Manchester United manager? - Page 2 Voting_bar 21% 
[ 5 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Next Manchester United manager? - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%Next Manchester United manager? - Page 2 Voting_bar 13% 
[ 3 ]
Next Manchester United manager? - Page 2 Vote_lcap29%Next Manchester United manager? - Page 2 Voting_bar 29% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 24

Next Manchester United manager? - Page 2 Empty Re: Next Manchester United manager?

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:25 pm

As for the answers to these two questions:

1. Surely no half-big name with self esteem would accept a caretaker role without any guarantees, midseason to the end of the season. Least of all someone with an existing job.

From the ones without a job, Conte, no way, Jardim who seems to be what RedCafé is expecting, I don't think so, Zidane, no way.
If Utd want one of those, surely they'll come as new permanent managers, even if arguably Jardim might just as well give it a shot before taking over some fucing Saudi club.

Any of the British good old boys, Fat Sam etc, Utd can't do that to their fans, it should probably be some decent U19 or U23 coach.

2. No idea what direction the club will go. Surely Ed would fancy a star name like Zidane, but a DoF might envision a different direction.
If I was them, I'd go full British and install Paul Mitchell from RB Leipzig as DoF and get Eddie Howe as manager, and sell it as a long term project. That would be the most positive and promising development the club could hope for.

But thankfully, I doubt the club will dare to do that.

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Next Manchester United manager? - Page 2 Empty Re: Next Manchester United manager?

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:25 pm

Myesyats wrote:
Art Morte wrote:<---

Really interested how would you approach the Pogba situation. What methods would you use to get the best out of the great talent that he his, how would you steer him into the right path?

The arrow is pointing towards a photo and the man on that photo hmm
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:36 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Myesyats wrote:

Really interested how would you approach the Pogba situation. What methods would you use to get the best out of the great talent that he his, how would you steer him into the right path?

idk who's that
Myesyats
Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:38 pm

Myesyats wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:
Myesyats wrote:

idk who's that

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Allardyce
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:42 pm

Firenze wrote:
Robespierre wrote:I expect Laurent Blanc , low profile after "holy men" as Van Gaal and Mourinho  but palmares and experience ( but not a dinosaur) also as Manchester United player
Moreover he Is French, such as Martial and Pogba.

I see this the most likely atm tbh. Wouldn't be against it.

On the other hand who are some his contenders in the league ?
Pochettino Sarri Emery... I think he is on similar level
He is not Moyes surely, he has played on high levels and won something as manager. He has also coached at high levels , during bitter-sweet experiences under France NT (not exciting, but he met across fraud generation of Menez, Nasri, Gourcuff...) and PSG ( I believe his job should be revalued there).
It's be a rational choice, especially if interim + confirmed if he does well, Manchester United needs of rationality more than the big name at all costs
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:47 pm

Thinking about it, Eddie Howe would be an excellent choice because media will draw parallels to Moyes therefore lowering expectations and if Eddie Howe manages to beat these expectations then he gets the time he needs to make an impact.

I hope they go for a dinosaur like Blanc though.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:48 pm

ok Blanc is out of a job too, I didn't think of him hmm

He would be a decent appointment as caretaker, but would he agree to this? Maybe..
As a permanent manager, I doubt Utd fans would be excited and I think he would be a rather poor choice.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:49 pm

Blanc on a similiar level to Pochettino and Sarri? Laughing He is a scrub.
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:51 pm

If they can convince Pochettino to come in summer, of course that would be a top solution as well.

Maybe after Mourinho has gone and taken the Real job away from the market, Poch might agree to push for this. However, Spurs are ahead of Utd in the current hierarchy.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:52 pm

BusterLfc wrote:Blanc on a similiar level to Pochettino and Sarri? Laughing He is a scrub.

Emery fine since he is proven and Basque but

What has Pochettino done to be considered above Blanc?
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:00 pm

Poch is a serial loser who is more than happy to take the Mourinho approach every game. Ain't nobody got time for that.

@Hans Mitchell's a name that's popular as a candidate for DOF, Howe though? absolutely never happening.

I definitely think Blanc would take a caretaker role until the end of the season. I want to see that, cuz I'm skeptical about him long-term
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:02 pm

Arquitescu wrote:
BusterLfc wrote:Blanc on a similiar level to Pochettino and Sarri? Laughing He is a scrub.

Emery fine since he is proven and Basque but

What has Pochettino done to be considered above Blanc?

What more can Pochettino do with the budget he has?
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:05 pm

Firenze wrote:
@Hans Mitchell's a name that's popular as a candidate for DOF, Howe though? absolutely never happening.

I realize it's not happening I wonder why this is a such a nogo though.

He's already doing better than current United with a Bournemouth team that is Championship level financially, he's playing expansive football which is a style that is much better to transport into a bigger club, and he's used this style to storm with his team from 4th division to PL? And he's not even 40?

How is this guy not being hyped more? All about him screams one in a lifetime managerial talent. I'd take him at Bayern in an instant without thinking twice.
Klopp called him "one of the best managers I've ever met" the other week, and that was after the game, not expectation management Laughing

If I ever saw a young manager that deserved to get a shot at a big job, ad confidence and patience put into him, it's Howe.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:09 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:As for the answers to these two questions:

1. Surely no half-big name with self esteem would accept a caretaker role without any guarantees, midseason to the end of the season. Least of all someone with an existing job.

From the ones without a job, Conte, no way, Jardim who seems to be what RedCafé is expecting, I don't think so, Zidane, no way.
If Utd want one of those, surely they'll come as new permanent managers, even if arguably Jardim might just as well give it a shot before taking over some fucing Saudi club.

Any of the British good old boys, Fat Sam etc, Utd can't do that to their fans, it should probably be some decent U19 or U23 coach.

2. No idea what direction the club will go. Surely Ed would fancy a star name like Zidane, but a DoF might envision a different direction.
If I was them, I'd go full British and install Paul Mitchell from RB Leipzig as DoF and get Eddie Howe as manager, and sell it as a long term project. That would be the most positive and promising development the club could hope for.

But thankfully, I doubt the club will dare to do that.

This. But as you implied, the morons who run the club would continue to see ourselves as entitled (even after continuously being proved wrong) and will think such an appointment as beneath the club.

Eddie Howe  along with a top DoF would have been a really refreshing change, after all the years of mind numbing cluelessness and mediocrity. And if doesnt work out well, at least it wouldnt be this damning and toxic. We can always give him a short contract in the beginning to reduce the risk. I think what this Mourinho saga has taught us is that if we try to sacrifice our ideals in exchange of short term success, most often than not, it wont work.

Just on the tactical side, the guy is miles ahead of the current Mourinho. Plus his man management is pretty good. Plays good attacking football and will give plenty of chances to youth.

Anyway, no point going in detail as 100% it wont happen. The club will appoint someone like a Conte instead and we will continue going down the slope sadly.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:15 pm

It's funny that Eddie Howe is considered beneath Man Utd's level but Blanc is somehow an acceptable guy. The kind of logic that brought Mourinho to Man Utd.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:27 pm

Should get Roy Keane as caretaker tbh. Would see a personality shift in Jogba by Sat.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:40 pm

Myesyats wrote:

He needs to be a CAM with freedom. The deeper you play him in midfield the less you get out of him. In fact, you could even try him out as striker, given how limited Lukaku is.

De Gea
W h a t e v e r
Herrera - Fred - Fellaini
Rashford - Pogba - Martial

:coffee:
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:42 pm

Firenze wrote:Should get Roy Keane as caretaker tbh. Would see a personality shift in Jogba by Sat.

LMAO
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:51 pm

Solskjaer Laughing

Good lord, wouldn't even take him over Gattuso
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:55 pm

Hilarious if it's Solskjaer. That's a Scottish Premier League level appointment right there. Then again, United have nothing to play for, really, so it doesn't really matter.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:19 pm

That would be a beyond than dumb appointment Laughing

Disagree there's nothing to play for.
Top 4 as a long shot, EL to save face, the club is still in the CL, FA cup still happening, every league position means money, not to speak of the reputation damage that an even more embarrassing performance will bring. Season's not even half played.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:24 pm

Hans, would you stop wishing Jose on Madrid? Please, have some decency for once in your life.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:27 pm

Doc wrote:Hans, would you stop wishing Jose on Madrid? Please, have some decency for once in your life.

I can't expect you to believe me @Doc but actually I have a lot of decency in my life all the time just in this particular case no I don't want to have any sorry
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:38 pm

:bow:
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:41 pm

That's a proper coach. If you look, you're seeing a lot of that school of old man Johan in his hand gestures and a bit of that Sir Alex way of yelling at players for doing some shit.

This is your Zidane @Firenze It'll be fine. It's fine. It's totally fine.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:51 pm

Solskjær to United and Mou to Madrid :bow:
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next