Kebab
Thimmy
BarcaLearning
alexjanosik
windkick
19 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Uefa Champions League 2018 thread  - Page 3 Empty Re: Uefa Champions League 2018 thread

Post by windkick Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:35 am

Who do you want to face next, in order of the most to the least?

Teams in final 8

Ajax
Liverpool
Porto
City
Spurs
Juventus
United

windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Uefa Champions League 2018 thread  - Page 3 Empty Re: Uefa Champions League 2018 thread

Post by alexjanosik Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:38 am

I havent watched Porto but still in order of preference,

Porto
Ajax
Spurs
Liverpool
City
United
Juventus

Dont fancy the last 2 in a two legged tie.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:42 am

Juventus is the only team I'd like to avoid over 2 legs. We suck donkey balls away from home on Italian soil.

Different story in a final. Juve winning a CL final won't happen in my lifetime, Barca losing a CL final won't happen in my lifetime either.

Porto would be the easiest but Liverpool would be juicy because I don't remember playing them. I only have some cloudy memory from the eary 00s when Xavi assisted against them with a ridiculous throughball after a 40+ passing sequence. Would be something new. Also I don't rate them that highly. They just run a lot but don't have enough quality to be concidered among tier 1 teams (with all due respect to their achievements, I'm in favour of them domestically).

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:54 am

That particular fixture ended 2-2 on aggregate. Rafa won 2-1 in Spain against all the odds (you guys were the defending champions that year) but Barcelona almost won it all in Anfield (1-0 it ended). Before that, very cloudy memories of a draw and a win for Barcelona back in 2001.

Either way, Barcelona could take Liverpool head on though Mane would be a serious issue. Not so much Salah.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:21 am

They beat the crap out of us in a pre season friendly last summer but its a friendly so take it with a grain of salt. I believe it was at Wembley.

We handled Spurs pretty easily in the groups so I think they would be doable. Of course Ajax and Porto are the 2 easiest. City has that Pep X factor, and last time we faced Juve we were held completely down over 2 legs so I would be lying if I said that doesnt worry me.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:14 am

Have to say, atmosphere was electric.
Camp Nou is dead for most games, even CL knockouts. last night the atmosphere was special.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:05 am

futbol wrote:Messi was actually choking in the first half, Suarez was the driving force for the first 2 goals. Messi played 2 balls to the left wing when it was 3-1 and Lyon were open on the break but overall he had a meh game despite 2 goals and 2 assists. That one shot he attempted from the right side of the box, if he was feeling confident, he would have normally dribbled across the box from right to left and then put it in the net. He just took an easy first time shot instead.

I've watched him for so many years, I can easily tell when he is playing nervously.

Needs to do more to reach Ronaldo's clutchness level.

What exactly did Ronaldo do apart from those 2 headers and the penalty though? Pls dont say he motivated and raised everyones game like the others Very Happy Im biased yes, but I just dont agree all that with Ronaldo like he had the perfect game. Again, he was able to score goals in the biggest games yes, but overall in the game? Really dont think he was all that.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:21 am

Seriously some fear MAn U? I guess shouldnt underestimate anyone, and Skojear has really turned things around, and they have the players, but their defense is pretty bad.

Porto like everyone dont know anything on them updated Razz

Ajax I would like even just for the football similarities and to really see our new player, etc.

Spurs I would be confident.

Liverpool, similarily they got strengths but dont think good enough to threaten us really.

Juve, they got the experience and smarts, but still even with Ronaldo, I fancy us over them.

Man C, I fear them most, they have kept on improving under Pep and I try to follow and support them in the EPL Very Happy They really got the skills and speed to better us u get the feeling, but their defending and experience is the weakness of course.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:45 pm

I'm not sure why Messi is getting criticised here. He played extremely well, scored twice, put it on the plate a few times for his team mates, won balls, made runs behind Lyon's defence. He actually put a decent defensive good work rate in too. You guys seem to expect too much from him. Who would you rather have instead of him? Ronaldo? The guy who provides zero during build up, has no vision for an attacker but of course at the right place at the right time almost every time?

Seriously, Barcelona fans are so spoilt. I wonder who you're going to blame when he retires and your team goes back to where it belonged before he started playing. Playing 'Cruyffian Football' but finishing 4th in the league Laughing
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:58 pm

Whatever Messi does Futbol will twist it in a way so that Ronaldo looks better. That's his shtick these days lol
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:08 pm

Futbol is a troll i dont take his posts serious. But one guy seriously has a propaganda against Messi and you all know who he is. Lately he even started to celebrate ronaldo's goals
Kebab
Kebab
Cant go to the last pages in mobile version. There is no page numbers

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:12 pm

That messi assist to pique come out of nowhere, even from tv screen i couldnt see it, but he saw it. That was the highlight of his performance for me
Kebab
Kebab
Cant go to the last pages in mobile version. There is no page numbers

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:15 pm

Dembele injured again...... We're stuck with Coutinho forever lol
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:33 am

Dont get the Coutinho criticism, atleast for the Lyon game. He played well, combined extremely well with Alba, passed quickly, looked dangerous and got a goal. I was pleased with his performance.

hopefully, he starts getting goals again.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:40 pm

So we got Man U, once past them we will very likely get Liverpool, thoughts?

Also if Man C eventually beat Juve on the other side of the bracket and we beat them to win it, it would go a long way to prove the league argument Very Happy We'd be the EPL team killers Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:16 am

Didnt want to face United. Still, happy that we wont face Juve before final. I think we are the odds on favorites for the CL. The team seems to perform much better in the CL. Hopefully, our players make it injury free from the intl break and hopefully they get rest before the QF.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:16 pm

Odds are actually City, then Juventus and then Barça.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:49 pm

Makes sense that the odds are in favor of a team who has never won CL Laughing
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:59 pm

No idea how bookies calculate and decide their odds... to give Man C such small odds to be the favourites, despite having so little experience... it really shows that good they have been this season? The bookies odds is one of the best way to see and predict anything since money is the most important factor, they dont wanna lose money Razz

I think we are the second favourites and then Juve, otherwise its a close second. There are often upsets in football, but otherwise it would be likely be us vs Pep for the final Very Happy Hopefully.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:21 pm

Perhaps because City are playing the best football in Europe right now Rolling Eyes
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:18 am

Oh semis...how I’ve missed you.
How does everyone feel about Liverpool?

And wow at Ajax! I think they can get past Spurs, but not City.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:43 am

Easiest path to CL glory ever, no sweat lol

We will obliterate Liverpool and a potential final against City/Spurs/Ajax will be a formality for Messi.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:03 pm

I am really scared of this Liverpool. They had been playing very well as a team for two good seasons. I need a good result at home.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:40 pm

This is the same Liverpool that got rekt by Sevilla 2 seasons ago in a Cup final and finished 2 places below Manchester United last season in the Premier League. They are on a good run and they also run a lot on the pitch but they lack quality, despite all the hype. Henderson and 33 year old Milner is their midfield. You think we going out against that now that we are so close to another treble? lol

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:45 pm

futbol wrote:This is the same Liverpool that got rekt by Sevilla 2 seasons ago in a Cup final and finished 2 places below Manchester United last season in the Premier League. They are on a good run and they also run a lot on the pitch but they lack quality, despite all the hype. Henderson and 33 year old Milner is their midfield. You think we going out against that now that we are so close to another treble? lol

Not saying you won't win but it's not the same Liverpool at all lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:47 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
futbol wrote:This is the same Liverpool that got rekt by Sevilla 2 seasons ago in a Cup final and finished 2 places below Manchester United last season in the Premier League. They are on a good run and they also run a lot on the pitch but they lack quality, despite all the hype. Henderson and 33 year old Milner is their midfield. You think we going out against that now that we are so close to another treble? lol

Not saying you won't win but it's not the same Liverpool at all lol.

They added a goalkeeper (irrelevant) and defender who is a huge hype job so far. What else?

And Salah is of course nowhere near his 1 season wonder form from last season. 2 goals in his last 11 games.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next