Kebab
Thimmy
BarcaLearning
alexjanosik
windkick
19 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Uefa Champions League 2018 thread  - Page 6 Empty Re: Uefa Champions League 2018 thread

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue May 07, 2019 11:13 pm

Winter is Coming wrote:EV should be sacked at the end of the season.

After the way people were over rating him here just a week ago? Laughing

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Uefa Champions League 2018 thread  - Page 6 Empty Re: Uefa Champions League 2018 thread

Post by Winter is Coming Tue May 07, 2019 11:16 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:

I wasn't one of them. I even criticised him after the first game do to his poor tactic which was bailed out by Messi.

He simply isn't good enough to coach at top level and isn't a good enough tactician blew a 3 goal lead 2 years in a row.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue May 07, 2019 11:20 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:

That's just classic GL. If Origi hadn't scored an early goal, Liverpool likely wouldn't have gained that early momentum that made them push forward until the very end. EV would've been a hero and Klopp would've been called a choker, yet again. Instead, it's the other way around. Our kneejerk level is comparable to Youtube comment sections or Goal.com comment sections.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue May 07, 2019 11:32 pm

I never rated him. People shield him from criticism with impressive results but style-of-play wise he's terrible. He basically made the team transform into Atletico Madrid with no spine and much less intensity.

IMO style of play comes first and results second. Valverde does exactly the opposite.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Tue May 07, 2019 11:51 pm

I never rated but said i was impressed bu the results he was getting with our unbalanced squad.

Today everyone shit the bed. Liverpool deserved it today and they should be congratulated.

But two years of humiliation like this is unacceptable. Someone should take responsibility for this, without a doubt.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Wed May 08, 2019 12:10 am

alexjanosik wrote:From what I have seen of them this season, their midfield doesnt create much. Their fullbacks create almost all their chances. It is crucial to shut down their fullbacks. Both Robertson and Arnold have outstanding delivery and it is important to pin them back.

Its criminal the way we allowed Arnold to whip the two balls in.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Wed May 08, 2019 12:15 am

There I was thinking that I would come back after a tough day of work and watch us going through after an intense game. Instead my work gets ruined because of the result and I am most certainly not watching a 4-0 humiliation.

I am guessing the plot is very much the same. We just couldnt cope physically. At this level, match is too intense and physical. Pressing is a major if not the ultimate tactical weapon. You cant not press, have Busquets in midfield, Scruberto at RB and expect to compete at the latter stages of the CL.
Busquets needs to be sold. And why did we start Scruberto? Knew we would be in for a tough tie with the scrub starting?

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Wed May 08, 2019 12:22 am

From the highlights, seems we had multiple chances, really good chances. Unlike the Roma game, where we had none.
Had we taken one of those, would have progressed.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed May 08, 2019 12:36 am

Meh, CL is not our competition. Up until 2006 we had 1 trophy. Then we had some superhuman players like Ronaldinho, Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Alves, Eto'o, Villa, Suarez, Neymar all in their primes and got 4. Now we're back to normal.

Valverde will not be welcome in Barcelona anymore, that's clear, but before him we also lost 0-3 to Juve, 0-4 to PSG etc. so getting Setién or whatever will change sweet f all. Next year Suarez and Messi are 1 year older again and there is no young replacement for them on the horizon.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed May 08, 2019 12:44 am

Also I don't have many explanations for this. Can start with "this player and that player out" or "coach out" but a team of this quality and experience should be easily capable of seeing out a 3-0 lead even without a coach on the sidelines. That corner goal summed it up. Benny Hill music level embarrassement.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Messico Wed May 08, 2019 12:48 am

futbol wrote:Also I don't have many explanations for this. Can start with "this player and that player out" or "coach out" but a team of this quality and experience should be easily capable of seeing out a 3-0 lead even without a coach on the sidelines. That corner goal summed it up. Benny Hill music level embarrassement.

Let's start with the fact that Barca play with 9.5 players every game. Coutinho is invisible and past-it Suarez is actively harmful to the team more than half the time.

Literally every chance Barca created today was through Messi.

Rakitic has been poor throughout 2019, Busquets is pretty much done, and Barca have a coward at the helm.

I think these reasons are more than enough to cover the jist.

El Messico
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by El Messico Wed May 08, 2019 12:49 am

alexjanosik wrote:There I was thinking that I would come back after a tough day of work and watch us going through after an intense game. Instead my work gets ruined because of the result and I am most certainly not watching a 4-0 humiliation.

I am guessing the plot is very much the same. We just couldnt cope physically. At this level, match is too intense and physical. Pressing is a major if not the ultimate tactical weapon. You cant not press, have Busquets in midfield, Scruberto at RB and expect to compete at the latter stages of the CL.
Busquets needs to be sold. And why did we start Scruberto? Knew we would be in for a tough tie with the scrub starting?

Imagine thinking Busquets and Roberto were the main reason for the defeat today...smh.

El Messico
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Wed May 08, 2019 12:52 am

futbol wrote:Meh, CL is not our competition. Up until 2006 we had 1 trophy. Then we had some superhuman players like Ronaldinho, Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Alves, Eto'o, Villa, Suarez, Neymar all in their primes and got 4. Now we're back to normal.

Valverde will not be welcome in Barcelona anymore, that's clear, but before him we also lost 0-3 to Juve, 0-4 to PSG etc. so getting Setién or whatever will change sweet f all. Next year Suarez and Messi are 1 year older again and there is no young replacement for them on the horizon.

This is true and cannot be stated enough. The CL has historically not been our competition. With the change in style, I did expect to compete this year.
To your other point, also true. A team of this experience should see out a tie with a 3-0 first leg lead.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed May 08, 2019 12:53 am

alexjanosik wrote:From the highlights, seems we had multiple chances, really good chances. Unlike the Roma game, where we had none.
The flip side to this is that Liverpool also had a lot of good chances in the first leg that they didn't score.

I also didn't watch as I was at work, but I have to wonder at the kind of motivation level that Emery is able to get out of the team when they all think they're already through. We've seen it many times when we needlessly lost points in the league after Madrid just dropped points.

Liverpool played an intense match over the weekend and were without 2 of their starters. We rested ours during the weekend and had a full team.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Wed May 08, 2019 12:57 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
alexjanosik wrote:From the highlights, seems we had multiple chances, really good chances. Unlike the Roma game, where we had none.
The flip side to this is that Liverpool also had a lot of good chances in the first leg that they didn't score.

I also didn't watch as I was at work, but I have to wonder at the kind of motivation level that Emery is able to get out of the team when they all think they're already through. We've seen it many times when we needlessly lost points in the league after Madrid just dropped points.

Liverpool played an intense match over the weekend and were without 2 of their starters. We rested ours during the weekend and had a full team.

Oh, they were definitely the better side over the two legs and are deservedly through.
It is inexcusable to an extent. The entire team rested while they played Newcastle. Salah and Firminho out. No excuses.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed May 08, 2019 2:03 am

As always, Barca GL is absolutely reasonable in what was a very unreasonable result. Meanwhile, over at Barcaforum, it's everyone's fault but Messi apparently.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed May 08, 2019 2:12 am

Doc wrote:As always, Barca GL is absolutely reasonable in what was a very unreasonable result. Meanwhile, over at Barcaforum, it's everyone's fault but Messi apparently.

In fairness in particularly this campaign it really wasn't much his fault he did the best he could. If there is a player who can have an off day it's him, but the issue is when he does no one can perform to help us through.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zenmaster Wed May 08, 2019 2:44 am

There a lot of area where the improvement is needed. CL is the best measure for that. In CL taking no chance is losing.
zenmaster
zenmaster
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed May 08, 2019 3:04 am

El Messico wrote:
alexjanosik wrote:There I was thinking that I would come back after a tough day of work and watch us going through after an intense game. Instead my work gets ruined because of the result and I am most certainly not watching a 4-0 humiliation.

Imagine thinking Busquets and Roberto were the main reason for the defeat today...smh.

Busquets was absolutely getting run over
Don’t get me started on roberto. He is an awful player who is lucky to play for barca.

Surprisingly I think Pique, Lenglet, Messi, and Vidal played well. The CB’s can’t do much if the box is being battered by crosses and don’t have protection from the midfield. You can’t play a pragmatic style and not have the athleticism to cope.. its not gonna happen.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed May 08, 2019 3:08 am

Also, just wow at buying Coutinho. Even spending money on someone like Mahrez or even Zaha would be better.

Coutinho is a limited player and should not be playing for Barca
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Wed May 08, 2019 3:44 am

Doc wrote:As always, Barca GL is absolutely reasonable in what was a very unreasonable result. Meanwhile, over at Barcaforum, it's everyone's fault but Messi apparently.

It should be called Messiforum. All fans of Messi more than the club.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed May 08, 2019 11:35 am

Why do you check Barcaforum?
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed May 08, 2019 12:23 pm

El Messico wrote:
futbol wrote:Also I don't have many explanations for this. Can start with "this player and that player out" or "coach out" but a team of this quality and experience should be easily capable of seeing out a 3-0 lead even without a coach on the sidelines. That corner goal summed it up. Benny Hill music level embarrassement.

Let's start with the fact that Barca play with 9.5 players every game. Coutinho is invisible and past-it Suarez is actively harmful to the team more than half the time.

Literally every chance Barca created today was through Messi.

Rakitic has been poor throughout 2019, Busquets is pretty much done, and Barca have a coward at the helm.

I think these reasons are more than enough to cover the jist.

You can say that but at the end of the day they scored a goal from an individual Alba mistake who assisted the first goal despite playing the season of his life, ter Stegen could have done MUCH better in the 2nd (use your feet maybe?) despite also playing a great season and the 4th goal is Benny Hill level failure. Messi himself had probably the best chance in the first half but instead of shooting opted to stop and cut inside for reasons only known to him.

You can say the coach is at fault and shouldn't have sat back but going at the best counterattacking side in the world with 30 year olds like Messi, Suarez, Busquets, Rakitic wouldn't have guaranteed sweet f all. We didn't lose 0-4 to PSG or 0-3 to Juve or even 0-2 to Atletico in CL away games because we sat back under Valverde.

We are officially PSG now. Replacing Busquets with De Jong will surely help a lot next season but if we truly go for Griezmann we'll have the same structural problems. How do you play anything else but 4-4-2 with Messi and Griezmann in the side and where does Dembélé fit in? 4-4-2 where the middle line is Dembélé-Arthur-FDJ-Roberto? And which supposed elite coach is available who knows how to win these sort of games? Mourinho? Laughing

As far as I'm concerned we are done now. We are at the stage where Man United were in Ferguson's last 2 years. We have about 2 more years of Messi in his prime who will dominate domestically and then we'll have to replace the entire team: Messi, Suarez, Rakitic, Busquets, Alba, Pique. If Griezmann comes he'll be 29 come next season as well. Building around Arthur, Dembélé, De Jong and Lenglet? Sure, fine, but not exactly a CL winning formula.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed May 08, 2019 12:32 pm

We don't have any sort of luck in these games. Real Madrid got destroyed 0-3 by Juventus at home but somehow they got an extra time penalty while we get scored on from a corner where no one pays attention to make it 0-4. Just typical.

On the other hand we got destroyed by Henderson-Milner midfield and Origi-Shakira frontline. Highest wage bill in all sports. Laughing If they don't donate 50 % of their wages for a good cause these players have no shame.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed May 08, 2019 1:13 pm

danyjr wrote:
Why do you check Barcaforum?

Like reading other folks pov when it comes to Barcelona who are not from here and most importantly, not my own. Been doing this for a long time.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed May 08, 2019 1:27 pm

Barcaforum is mainly worried about Messi's Ballon d'Or chances. Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next