Firenze
Nishankly
RealGunner
51 posters

Page 18 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18

Go down

El Clasico 18/19 - Page 18 Empty Re: El Clasico 18/19

Post by danyjr Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:34 pm

If only Higuaín and Morata were still at Madrid...

danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:37 pm

both are terrible players, no thanks
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:44 pm

danyjr wrote:If only Higuaín and Morata were still at Madrid...

The Higuaín of 3-4 seasons ago, sure. I still think he's always been a Champions League choker, though.

Morata has never proven that he's capable of sustaining a desirable performance level as a starter, and his confidence seemed to plummet shortly after he joined Chelsea. Maybe he finally realized his own shortcomings? Either way, he seems a lost cause at this stage in his carreer.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:49 pm

I have a feeling we will face Barca two more times this season in CL. and i hope 1) Llorente gets fit 2)Isco gets back to form by then. not gonna solve our problems in attack and defence but will help us improve.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:55 pm

Thimmy wrote:

The Higuaín of 3-4 seasons ago, sure. I still think he's always been a Champions League choker, though.

Morata has never proven that he's capable of sustaining a desirable performance level as a starter, and his confidence seemed to plummet shortly after he joined Chelsea. Maybe he finally realized his own shortcomings? Either way, he seems a lost cause at this stage in his carreer.
As if your current strikers are any better...honestly how many big games has Benzema scored at? He chokes just as many times as Higuaín in big matches. His record vs big teams is poor, even in CL. How many has he scored against Barça?
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:05 pm

Mamad wrote:I have a feeling we will face Barca two more times this season in CL. and i hope 1) Llorente gets fit 2)Isco gets back to form by then. not gonna solve our problems in attack and defence but will help us improve.
He's joining his idol Messi at Barça next season Proud
El Clasico 18/19 - Page 18 QcTRpWg
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:31 pm

danyjr wrote:
Thimmy wrote:

He chokes just as many times as Higuaín in big matches. His record vs big teams is poor, even in CL.

He has as many CL semi-final goals as Messi, he scored in a final, he scored 3 decisive goals in two semi-finals against Bayern, he scored against Dortmund in 2012 while Ozil, Higuain, and Ronaldo missed sitters.

His CL record is impeccable no matter how you spin it. Higuain isn't even in the same stratosphere.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:35 pm

danyjr wrote:
Thimmy wrote:

As if your current strikers are any better...honestly how many big games has Benzema scored at? He chokes just as many times as Higuaín in big matches. His record vs big teams is poor, even in CL. How many has he scored against Barça?

Yeah.. I'd really prefer to avoid discussions regarding Benzema, I'm getting too old for that crap. His hardcore fans are seriously bad-tempered, irritable, sensitive, short-fuzed, cantankerous and cancer-inducing.

That said, if we're going to bring in someone, I would definitely prefer if they are younger than Higuaín and more useful than Morata. I suppose beggars can't be choosers, but Higuaín would likely cost more than he's worth, and no one wants to deal with Morata's delusional sense of entitlement. We already gave him a chance to play to his strengths, which was coming in from the bench and scoring. He wanted to pursue his first team chances elsewhere instead. Good riddance to him.

Last edited by Thimmy on Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:35 pm

I could safely say Benzema has done way more in those big games than Higuain ever could and possibly ever would. He's usually reliable in that sense, he is just no longer a reliable goal scorer which is why I have no idea why Solari doesn't use Mariano. Benzema needs another striker to play off of or with.

Oh wait, I know why, it's because Solari is a terrible manager who honestly knows as much about tactics as, well, us.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:29 pm

Mamad wrote:I have a feeling we will face Barca two more times this season in CL. and i hope 1) Llorente gets fit 2)Isco gets back to form by then. not gonna solve our problems in attack and defence but will help us improve.

Now that’s the definition of optimism. Isn’t the rule you can’t face a club from same country until semis? If so, then Mamad is expecting to get by the qtrs!!! LOL
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:15 pm

Quarterfinals. You can't face a club from the same country in the r16, after which, all is fair game. See City vs Liverpool in last year's CL QF.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:43 am

Mamad wrote:Not to be a hater but Barca didn't impress me a bit in these two games.

Messi is 50% of what he used to be, Suarez can be clinical ( once in 10 games ) but is getting sluggish, Dembele is still raw and your midfield without the ball is slow as hell.

we have lost our last 3 games in bernabeu, two against barca and one against Girona. but Girona had more dangerous chances on our goal than Barca had in two games.

Congrats for Liga and Copa wins, looking forward to see you crash out of CL again.

So Barca will have 2 trophies and Madrid zero. Not great but fine by me.
Myesyats
Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:51 am

ummm I'd rather not be kicked out of every competition by Barca. Winning nothing is enough for me

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:15 am

yeah i'm in no mood for another clasico (and i use the terlm 'clasico' loosely). it was like bringing plastic cutlery to a gun fight.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:43 pm

titosantill wrote:yeah i'm in no mood for another clasico (and i use the terlm 'clasico' loosely). it was like bringing plastic cutlery to a gun fight.

And not even a plastic fork, those weird spoon/fork hybrids (sporks?) that I don't think even breaks the skin.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:17 pm

farfan wrote:He has as many CL semi-final goals as Messi, he scored in a final, he scored 3 decisive goals in two semi-finals against Bayern, he scored against Dortmund in 2012 while Ozil, Higuain, and Ronaldo missed sitters.

His CL record is impeccable no matter how you spin it. Higuain isn't even in the same stratosphere.
Typical Benzema bumboy excuse Laughing Hiding behind his "decisive" CL stats.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:51 pm

Benzema in CL is good. very good. Liga is another story lol.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18