Why are most of Real Madrid's CLs not memorable? - Page 3 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Why are most of Real Madrid's CLs not memorable?

+45
Thimmy
Vibe
Turok_TTZ
danyjr
guest_07
jibers
Superstone Mariomintsch
Kick
Clutch
titosantill
BusterLfc
Casciavit
guest7
chad4401
Unique
Winter is Coming
M99
Hapless_Hans
boyzis
Art Morte
Zees
farfan
sportsczy
Doc
Nishankly
terrance511
ronalessi
FalcaoPunch
S
BarcaLearning
Mr Nick09
Firenze
The Demon of Carthage
Robespierre
VanDeezNuts
The Madrid One
Harmonica
zigra
Valkyrja
Freeza
futbol_bill
halamadrid2
Lucifer
Mamad
Great Leader Sprucenuce
49 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Why are most of Real Madrid's CLs not memorable? - Page 3 Empty Re: Why are most of Real Madrid's CLs not memorable?

Post by M99 Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:15 pm

Doc wrote:Bayern's CL was more memorable according to whom? Seriously, what exactly are you basing this on? I don't mind the discussion but you're not really giving much other than what seems like your personal point of view and not a general consensus.

I am bemused by this. Pep's Barca okay, but who the hell talks about Heynckes Bayern more than Zidane winning 3 in a row or the Decima?

Strange thread. Not memorable according to who exactly?Where is this elusive everyone?

M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Why are most of Real Madrid's CLs not memorable? - Page 3 Empty Re: Why are most of Real Madrid's CLs not memorable?

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:20 pm

Don't be tricked by this thread. Just a distraction that Messi has yet again temporarily retired from Argentina today. The creativity of the Messi Army is great, he has been irrelevant for like 3-4 years while Kommander dominated football
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:26 pm

I honestly had doubts about Mole being a Barcelona fan AND a closet Messi fanboy. This thread settles it.

Change that PSG logo, mate. You're not fooling anyone.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:41 pm

It's always memorable to fans and it'll be among the historical feat, however it's a bit nitpicking and lacks context.

Neutrals overall don't care who remembers Cryuff Barcelona? 99 United (treble)? Mou Inter (treble)? Jupp Bayern Munich (treble)? MSN Barcelona (treble)? Spain national team (Euro 08, WC 10, Euro 12) Not many speak about it. Among all the historically winning teams Cruyff Ajax, Saachi Milan and Pep Barcelona sit in a table of their own to many not because just of winning, but what appeals to most in the way they revolutionised the game.. Herrera Inter in the 3 years won 2 Serie A and 2 European Cups in a row, Saachi Milan won 1 Serie A and 2 European Cups in a row, yet Saachi team is talked about more, Cruyff Ajax won 3 European cups, as did Bayern in the 70's, Ajax yet talked about more, Pep Barcelona V Zidane Madrid, it's Pep Barcelona that comes out on top.

This is why 70's Netherlands and 80's Brazil are talked about despite not winning anything, but they were a joy to watch for neutrals.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:42 pm

I think the way teams were cheated in games v Madrid is why people don’t remember them much.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:43 pm

Unique wrote:I think the way teams were cheated in games v Madrid is why people don’t remember them much.

That's basically happens to everyone almost every dominate team has had favourable calls. I mean look at our game VS Chelsea in 09. Nobody outside of rivals would care about this Laughing
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:50 pm

Winter is Coming wrote:
Unique wrote:I think the way teams were cheated in games v Madrid is why people don’t remember them much.

That's basically happens to everyone almost every dominate team has had favourable calls. I mean look at our game VS Chelsea in 09. Nobody outside of rivals would care about this Laughing
I agree but there’s getting a few calls and a bit of luck and there’s Madrid.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:52 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:I honestly had doubts about Mole being a Barcelona fan AND a closet Messi fanboy. This thread settles it.

Change that PSG logo, mate. You're not fooling anyone.

I mean i have barely watched a Barca game in more than 3 years(probably longer), everyone on this forum has watched more than i have. If i was such a fanboy i wouldn't miss a game.

This forum can bring up old jokes which don't even make sense all it wants but the reality is something very different.

Not my fault i'm a person with balanced views which interferes with Nick's biased trolling tbh.

I even gave reasons behind my view point instead of blindly trolling and resorting to cheap jokes which don't even make sense.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:55 pm

Mole slowly turning into Harmonica.

Just instead of stats he’s writing “I never watch football anyway” every time
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:56 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:That's funny considering our 16/17 team was better than Heynckes' Bayern

That's funny considering 16/17 Bayern were better than your 16/17 team

Yet we walked past you like you weren't there and you couldn't touch us. Do I have to remember you how your team chased Modric's and Kroos' shadows in both legs and how Marcelo dribbled your entire team Laughing

Less to say about CR destroying best CB in the world Boateng and fecked best GK Manu rofl
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:58 pm

M99 wrote:
Doc wrote:Bayern's CL was more memorable according to whom? Seriously, what exactly are you basing this on? I don't mind the discussion but you're not really giving much other than what seems like your personal point of view and not a general consensus.

I am bemused by this. Pep's Barca okay, but who the hell talks about Heynckes Bayern more than Zidane winning 3 in a row or the Decima?

Strange thread. Not memorable according to who exactly?Where is this elusive everyone?

Specifically i see more people talking about that Bayern team after their triumpth and how dominant they were perceived to be to this day than i do any of Madrid's successes.

Nobody talks about them, as i said both Barca and Bayern receive more discussion than any of Madrid's do despite the fact they won more.

I never see anyone who isn't a Madrid fan talking about any of it. Even La Decima which was supposed to be a big deal was mostly ignored after the fact, where as Bayern's wasn't and Barca's definitely wasn't.

As i said most of their wins have mostly been ignored by neutrals, literally nobody cares. Which is strange as i've been told history remembers the winners.

Evidently it doesn't.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:05 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
M99 wrote:

Specifically i see more people talking about that Bayern team after their triumpth and how dominant they were perceived to be to this day than i do any of Madrid's successes.

Nobody talks about them, as i said both Barca and Bayern receive more discussion than any of Madrid's do despite the fact they won more.

I never see anyone who isn't a Madrid fan talking about any of it. Even La Decima which was supposed to be a big deal was mostly ignored after the fact, where as Bayern's wasn't and Barca's definitely wasn't.

As i said most of their wins have mostly been ignored by neutrals, literally nobody cares. Which is strange as i've been told history remembers the winners.

Evidently it doesn't.

Probably because they remember a specific season. What's to remember about our 4 ? Destroying Bayern 4-0 and making fun of arrogant Neuer ? Ramos scoring a late equlizer in the CL final ? Murdering Buyern, Pathetico and 7uve with CR scoring like 10 goals in the process ? How everyone expected us to go out against PSG but beating them over to legs ? CR scoring a bycicle kick against Juve ? Bale doing the same in the final ? Laughing

There's too many tbh. It's easy just to remember that we won 4 in 5 years Proud
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:07 pm

Because Madrid brings out the salt in fans and pundits, how many finals were the team expected to lose? Like all of them:lol:, end of the day it doesn't matter how much its talk about or not, its historical and will forever be mentioned going forward.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:08 pm

sportsczy wrote:Ramos' header at the last second.
Zidane winning his first CL as a manager and bringing us back from the brink of disaster.
Repeating as CL champions - First time in the modern era - while dominating favored Juventus. CR breaking CL goalscoring record while scoring 7 or something like that in the semis and final.
Bale crazy goal. CR bicycle kick. 3rd in a row.

opposing fans just don't want to remember lol. Convenient denial.

/thread

I tried my best avoiding this thread because I want it to be neutral but this is waaaaay to true
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:12 pm

They'll be known as the 3peat winners which is as good as it gets really. Laughing

I think all of their CL wins had memorable and controversial moments. La Decima, Wolfsburg comeback, winning on pens, 16/17 was prob the best CL team in the last few years, and the entire run last season which seemingly involved some black magic.

But tbh in a way I don't disagree. I remember saying that Madrid fans aside I haven't really read or seen casual fans gas this Madrid side up as the GOAT. I mean if a team wins 3 CL's in a row you'd expect that to be the unanimous opinion.

One could argue that it was because their wins in 2016 and 2018 weren't that impressive. Or perhaps it was because they only won 1 La Liga during that time frame.

I think it has more to do with because the memorable CL sides were incredibly dominant and did it with their own style. It seems like the highly praised CL winners are the ones who won the treble. Additionally, teams who actually impacted football and the way it was played.

Pep's Barca created a possession craze like never been seen. The narrative with Heynckes' Bayern is that they ended possession and brought athletic and physical players back into fashion. I think Ancelotti's Madrid also helped with that but not to the degree that the 7-0 did.

It's those details that can have some effect on how the team is viewed. Those teams had an impact on how football is played. In the grand scheme of things I don't think Zidane's Madrid had a huge effect on football. Even the narrative with them is that they show how important a qualitative advantage is combined with experienced players and a motivating coach who is good at controlling the details in CL knockout rounds.

So yeah, that's how I see it. I still believe they're a memorable team, especially their 2014 and 2017 team. However, if someone's making the argument that they aren't as memorable as some other teams I can see why they think that. They just haven't changed the way football is played like some other historically great teams.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:13 pm

The best thing about this thread is it brings out people from hiding just so they can bitterly respond to something they have no clue about rofl

I'm better than i thought.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:13 pm

'Wolfsburg comeback' says it all, really Laughing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by terrance511 Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:14 pm

that's not true, many neutrals like farfan talks about madrid recent success

it use to be neutrals like mole spam about how pep side+back pass is the best thing in football ever.

guess if u spent 90% of your life on a forum, post content is all your remember instead of real life event.
terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:16 pm

chad4401 wrote:Because Madrid brings out the salt in fans and pundits, how many finals were the team expected to lose? Like all of them:lol:, end of the day it doesn't matter how much its talk about or not, its historical and will forever be mentioned going forward.

I got chad to post again.

Thread is instantly more memorable than any of Madrid's CLs :bow:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:18 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:'Wolfsburg comeback' says it all, really Laughing

Lmao Laughing

Tbf, I'm pretty sure after the 2-0 loss was when Madrid stopped trying to build from the back and settled with a Casemiro-Modric-Kroos midfield. Madrid fans can correct me if I'm wrong.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:23 pm

Probably because they wouldn't even play in some of those finals if there weren't major referee mistakes in their favour
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:25 pm

terrance511 wrote:that's not true, many neutrals like farfan talks about madrid recent success

it use to be neutrals like mole spam about how pep side+back pass is the best thing in football ever.

guess if u spent 90% of your life on a forum, post content is all your remember instead of real life event.

You know someone is mad when they resort to insults lmao.

Funny thing is the bit about sideways passing is basically the opposite of what i like to watch, so you even failed at that.

Well done there i suppose.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:26 pm

Unpopular opinion: Mole's opinion is only good when he actually watches football, which isn't often enough Laughing I liked his opinions this WC though, probably because it was one of the few times he watched the games!
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by terrance511 Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:30 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
terrance511 wrote:that's not true, many neutrals like farfan talks about madrid recent success

You know someone is mad when they resort to insults lmao.

Funny thing is the bit about sideways passing is basically the opposite of what i like to watch, so you even failed at that.

Well done there i suppose.

wait, which part did i insult?

u must had felt insulted

lol
terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:30 pm

guest7 wrote:Unpopular opinion: Mole's opinion is only good when he actually watches football, which isn't often enough Laughing I liked his opinions this WC though, probably because it was one of the few times he watched the games!

That's not unpopular though as everyone gives me shit for it lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:36 pm

just read this entire thread ffs

unreal amount of heat, don't think I've ever seen something like this before

you still make a valid point though Molenation
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next