New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery?

+24
Kick
Vibe
CBarca
The Demon of Carthage
sportsczy
McAgger
Raptorgunner
Eman
Unique
boyzis
AnJl
messixaviesta
iftikhar
Kaladin
Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
Hapless_Hans
Chumlum
Sina
S
Jay29
El Gunner
Twoism
urbaNRoots
28 posters

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? Empty New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery?

Post by urbaNRoots Wed May 23, 2018 11:00 am

Welcome and may we never have to change this title!

Last edited by urbaNRoots on Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? Empty Re: New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery?

Post by Twoism Wed May 23, 2018 11:02 am

cheers Expect Ozil watching 12 hours footage of tactical analysis weekly
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? Empty Re: New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery?

Post by El Gunner Wed May 23, 2018 11:16 am

Reasonably excited. Razz
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed May 23, 2018 11:36 am

I've said plenty about him and have my reservations, but I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do and how the team will play next season. It's going to be different, and that's exciting.

Conveniently, he's going to get a full pre-season with most of our key players. Out of the whole squad, only Ospina, Monreal, Elneny, Xhaka, Iwobi, Ozil and Welbeck are going to the World Cup, and I suspect all but Ozil will be back soon anyway. That means Bellerin, Wilshere, Ramsey, Mkhitaryan, Aubameyang and Lacazette will be learning about how he does things right away.

As for friendlies, we've got Atletico, PSG and Chelsea in Singapore this summer, so not the easiest games to begin with.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed May 23, 2018 1:03 pm

His first press conference is at 2PM UK time.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed May 23, 2018 1:11 pm

Look how happy and enthused he looks. Must've been a great feeling to have upgraded from a Lol 1 team to Arsenal Proud
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed May 23, 2018 2:43 pm

From the presser:

Gazidis called Emery's appointment a "surprise", said there must have been a few rewrites.

Confirmed Mislintat and Sanllehi were part of the process. The criteria was: Aggressive and entertaining football, personality according to the club's values, and developing players through detailed tactical instruction.

There was an 8 man long list, "none of them withdrew their interest".

First interview conducted on the 25th April, last on the 15th.

Emery was interviewed on the 10th of May, recommendation was made on the 18th - supported by 100 page dossier.

Emery, Gazidis and Sanellhi flew to Atlanta to meet Stan and Josh Kroenke.

Gazidis has been following Emery since his Valencia days, says it's "noteworthy his teams improve over time".

Emery had "extraordinary knowledge" on the club's players and how he'd improve them.

Emery thanks the Kroenke family, said he had a good meeting and conversation.

Thanks the chairman and the board, Gazidis, Mislintat and Sanellhi. Said after three hours he got a good feeling they'd work well together.

Thanked Arsene Wenger for his legacy and all the things he learned from him.

Acknowledged his English isn't the best, but wanted to address his ambition to the supporters.

"How big a challenge is this for you?" Emery answers in English: "It's a big challenge."

Priorities and targets: Wants to get all the information about the players, speak with them face to face before laying out targets.

Sky journo asks him if Wilshere is in his plans. Emery says he doesn't want to talk about individual players, but says we have good players and need to change the little things.

"How big an act is Wenger to follow?" Emery: "It's a big challenge for me. I'm proud to be here and work after Arsene Wenger."

"How passionately did you fight for this job?" Says the important thing for the first meeting was the connection. Understanding that managing Arsenal was a big responsibility was important for him.

Ornstein asks about his targets, what he wants to achieve and if he needs to spend a lot. Emery says he believes in the squad (I think), club must challenge for all competitions, should be working to become the best team in the Premier League and the world.

Gazidis says that won't be done "in one leap", transfers part of an ongoing discussion with Emery. Highlights his energy and thinks the players will respond well.

Gazidis waffles on about processes and infrastructure and supporting Emery.

Emery says he's very demanding of himself and the players. Likes the team's "personality with the ball". Wants a squad who can press intensely. Highlights possession and pressing as the two important parts of being contenders.

Emery speaking to a Spanish journalist now. Highlights again the connection he felt during meetings, felt everyone was on the same page about what they wanted to achieve.

"What will be success for you this season?" Emery: "Development. Battling for every title. Our objective is to be the best team in Europe. I also want the team to make the fans proud of the side."

"I don't promise today we will win. But I can promise you we will work hard, we will work together, we will work with emotion and fight for our objective."

On Ozil: "He's one of the biggest talents at Arsenal and I want him here."

And that's it. Spoke English 90%. Limited expression and not at all fluid, but he did very well in front of English journos for the first time.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed May 23, 2018 2:57 pm

Some actual quotes from Emery:

“My English is not the very best now and I want to make an effort to speak with you to explain my ambition. I am very excited for this opportunity at a big club, a great city and stadium.”

On Wenger: “For all coaches in the world you are a reference. I learned with him all the things in football.”

On the challenge: “In my career every year I grow up with a new challenge. For me the challenge is a dream come true.”

His immediate priorities: “Now? To know you. And all the conversations with Ivan and people who work here, to give me all the information about the club. I know all the players, I think they are very important and I want to speak individually with them face to face.”

On meetings with the board: “In all the meetings with the people – Ivan, Raul, Sven – the connection was very important. We spoke about all they want and I want to work together, on this club, this responsibility. To know my ambition, my passion. It is a big responsibility but I think this feeling is very important and my experiences with big clubs are important. All the conversations are very good.”

On targets: “I believe in the players we have here. We can grow with these players and the objective is to work hard with these talented players, to work to be a candidate for all the titles in the future. Then it’s very important for the club, after two years outside the Champions League, to work towards this, to arrive and be the best team in the Premier League and also the world.”

On his style of football: “In my career I am very demanding for all, demanding of the players also. My idea is to be a protagonist for all of the match. We play against teams with this personality, and I think the history here shows they love playing with possession of the ball. I like this, and when you don’t have possession of the ball I want a squad very, very intense in pressing. It’s two things that are very important for me. Being a protagonist, possession of the ball, and pressing.”

What would be success?: “Success would be developing, and that’s about battling for every title. It’s in Arsenal’s history and it’s in my history as well. We want to be among the best teams in Europe. I want the team to make the fans proud of the side. I know they are already but I want to make them even more so.”

On how to win the PL/CL: “All titles are important for us. We can, and want to be, candidates for them. I don’t promise today we will win, but I can promise you we will work hard, will work together, will work with emotion, demanding to find all the objectives.”

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed May 23, 2018 3:15 pm

Welcome cheers
Nothing we can do about it but to get behind him and hope for the Best
excited for fresh start
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Wed May 23, 2018 3:29 pm

Thumbs up
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed May 23, 2018 3:40 pm

It looks his assistant is going to be Juan Carlos Carcedo, who tends to go where Emery goes. Word is he's a total nutjob who enjoys screaming a lot on the touchline.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed May 23, 2018 3:42 pm

Emeryyyyyy :bow: cheers banana
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed May 23, 2018 4:00 pm

Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed May 23, 2018 5:07 pm

NEW BOSS Cool
New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? Dd5BlAmU8AAev0s
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed May 23, 2018 5:15 pm

stop with that "boss" thing will you

who are your, Man United?

It's embarrassing.

He's not your boss. He's the manager/coach of the first team.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed May 23, 2018 5:32 pm

True true, will take time to get used to the change
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed May 23, 2018 5:33 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:stop with that "boss" thing will you

who are your, Man United?

It's embarrassing.

He's not your boss. He's the manager/coach of the first team.

So edgy.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed May 23, 2018 9:04 pm

EMERYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed May 23, 2018 9:05 pm

'I'd prefer to win 5-4 than to win 1-0'

https://www.arsenal.com/#CeTl6H8pxDWFK1Gw.99

Emery OUT.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 23, 2018 9:06 pm

That's a damn lie if ever I've seen one Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed May 23, 2018 10:38 pm

Watching all the interviews and press conference. He presents himself really well. Guy has something special about him. You can tell he is genuinely excited to manage the team and help us improve and carry us forward. He must have seriously impressed the board and you can tell that by his demeanor

you can't help but feel excited for next season. How is he going to improve the squad. What tactical innovations he is going to bring. Who is he going to keep? Will he build the team around certain players?

Hopefully the fanbase is all behind him.

Welcome Unai

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed May 23, 2018 10:38 pm

Credit to Gazidis for destroying every Internet Bullshit Artist out there today:

"Those who know won't speak, and those that speak don't know."

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed May 23, 2018 10:42 pm

ffs

I wonder who the 8 candidates were though?

Moyes
Big Sam
Pardew
Arteta
Emery
Henry
Vieira
Ancelotti

?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed May 23, 2018 10:51 pm

Moyes
Big Sam
Pardew
Arteta
Emery
Rodgers
Pippo
Viera
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu May 24, 2018 5:48 am

RealGunner wrote:ffs

I wonder who the 8 candidates were though?

Moyes
Big Sam
Pardew
Arteta
Emery
Henry
Vieira
Ancelotti

?

Balague mentioned Fonseca and Benitez.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next