Freeza
Firenze
Luca
Hapless_Hans
S
29 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The Man United war | Featuring Gareth Bale - Page 6 Empty Re: The Man United war | Featuring Gareth Bale

Post by futbol_bill Mon May 28, 2018 2:10 pm

It wouldn’t surprise me if DeGea becomes part of deal!

futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The Man United war | Featuring Gareth Bale - Page 6 Empty Re: The Man United war | Featuring Gareth Bale

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon May 28, 2018 2:16 pm

DDG is a beast, probably the best goalkeeper in the world. There were times I truly wanted him here, and to be honest with you, I still do. But there's something about Navas that keeps me reluctant to let him go.

He made countless mistakes this year, but then he went on to put a godly performance against Bayern with 8 saves total in the return leg. If it wasn't for him we wouldn't have reached the final.

His only problem is consistency. I wouldn't mind going after De Gea, but if we could also convince Navas to be a back-up (highly unlikely I know), it would be the dream scenario for us.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon May 28, 2018 2:20 pm

I'd take Bale + Navas for DDG + Martial actually

as highly as I rate the latter two, Martial is done here

DDG is our best player, served us well over the years, wouldn't begrudge him finally getting his Madrid move

I think that's kinda a fair deal too

Bale is an 80-100m player
Keylor 30-40m (31 yrs old)

DDG 80m
Martial 50m

Seems fair, obviously won't happen like this though
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon May 28, 2018 2:26 pm

Navas rofl

Lads a bum, was a bum before Madrid and will remain a bum when he leaves.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon May 28, 2018 2:35 pm

Navas is better then any keeper in the PL bar De Gea and more decorated than all of them put together. He would be an important asset everywhere he goes
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon May 28, 2018 2:35 pm

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon May 28, 2018 2:41 pm

Valkyrja wrote:Navas is better then any keeper in the PL bar De Gea and more decorated than all of them put together. He would be an important asset everywhere he goes

Nope and that's not a high standard anyway, most PL keepers are very average.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon May 28, 2018 2:42 pm

Jay29 wrote:

Ornstein reporting something other than Arsenal transfers hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon May 28, 2018 2:46 pm

He is though. Aside from DDG, I can't think of anyone better than Navas in PL. Maybe I'm missing someone? (Please don't say Courtois).

In Europe however, the list is quite long. DDG, Neuer, Ter Stegen and Oblak are all better than him. I can't think of anyone else, but I might be forgetting someone important.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon May 28, 2018 3:02 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Navas rofl

Lads a bum, was a bum before Madrid and will remain a bum when he leaves.

You clearly didn't watch his 15/16 and 16/17 performances. I, for one, believe he was the most consistent, top performing and most reliable goalkeeper in the world in 15/16, and I don't believe any other Real Madrid player was more decisive than him that season. He's been far less consistent and more prone to making blunders since then, for some reason, but he's clearly no scrub.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon May 28, 2018 3:17 pm

As much as I would like DeGea, you have to give credit to Navas. He has made some errors again this year, but when we needed him most he was outstanding.

Mole is just trolling! :fishing:

I agree with DoC assessment. The other possible replacements are Allison and Kepa. They both may become great porteros, but at the moment it’s hard to say they are better or may be than Navas.

We need to acknowledge why this portero change is possibly being done. It’s part of the rejuvenation by replacing older players. At least with De Gea, we know we are not only getting a younger portero, but a better, more consistent one. With the other two, it’s not so obvious this is the right nor logical move.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon May 28, 2018 3:56 pm

Navas is a top 5 GK in the world atm, for sure, probably over the last 3 seasons too.

DDG
Neuer (RIP, is he ever gonna return?)
Oblak
Navas

Courtois, Lloris, Cech etc have regressed massively in that same time frame IMO

I'll need more than 1 great season from Ter Stegen to consider him top 5. Him or this Alisson lad (I'll take peoples word for it, didnt watch him enough) round out the top 5 I imagine

anyway GK obviously shouldn't be a priority for Madrid but they've wanted DDG for years, and I'd gladly take Navas in return. It was supposed to haven't during FAXGATE a few seasons ago anyway.

..so DDG as part of the Bayol deal to bring the price down on the Welsh Maestro and then we sign Navas separately sounds perfect for all involved

then Madrid can sign Nerman or McFrappe from QSG with their own money + Bayol funds
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon May 28, 2018 3:58 pm

You misspelt Buffon 4 times there
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon May 28, 2018 4:22 pm

Real Madrid will demand a staggering £200m for Gareth Bale this summer. (Source: Daily Star)
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon May 28, 2018 4:38 pm

Top 5 rofl

All he is a mid table keeper carried by an elite team, or at least that's what GL told me.

Need to make your mind up tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Mon May 28, 2018 4:59 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Top 5 rofl

All he is a mid table keeper carried by an elite team, or at least that's what GL told me.

Need to make your mind up tbh.
well there's your problem.

I would actually like to see bale martial swap.
Martial is not being used correctly by mourinho. Zidane will unleash martials true potential. certain players need the right coach to truly shine. martial and mourinho was a match made in hell from day 0. they dont fit each other at all.

players like martial need a coach who promotes freedom in attack and doesnt ptb.
Zidane is that coach.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon May 28, 2018 6:12 pm

sportsczy wrote:Market isn't broken. That's the beauty with market economics... it's all about supply and demand.

It's not. There's also hype, hysteria, idiocy, chaos, fraud, and corruption.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon May 28, 2018 7:07 pm

It's not broken but it has definitely gone belly-up. Supply and demand is a major factor but there should always be a ceiling, a cap that goes hand in hand with the player's talent and/or marketing power.

What we're seeing today is the consequence of a crazy trend initially ignited by Madrid and brought later on to a whole new level by the PSGs, Citys, Uniteds and Barcelonas of this world.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed May 30, 2018 12:04 pm

Manchester United will offer Real Madrid £121.8m for 28-year-old winger Gareth Bale. (Source: AS)
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed May 30, 2018 12:07 pm

seems like an oddly specific number
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed May 30, 2018 12:08 pm

Its 140M in Euros
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed May 30, 2018 12:10 pm

140m for an injury prone 29 year old

would probably make us the biggest laughing stock in football ffs

though tbf it's not all that much to us, just posted record revenue Proud

can already feel the IntercontinenalMercato title already my waist
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 30, 2018 12:20 pm

You have the title of laughing stock champions tbf.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed May 30, 2018 12:29 pm

Firenze wrote:seems like an oddly specific number

those indeed oddly specific numbers occur IMO if people who transfer those rumours from SPanish papers to the British twitter audience use some online currency calculator to convert the € to £ figures
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 30, 2018 12:31 pm

Everyone should use brexit money to avoid such silly occurrences tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Wed May 30, 2018 5:22 pm

yall were the laughing stock already when you bought pogba for mad cash. now Pogba is looking out the door regretting returning to manutd because yall appointed the worst possible coach for creative, attacking players.

well yall did win a europa league last year so i guess yall got a return on your investment?
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next