Mr Nick09
Unique
Hapless_Hans
24 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Arsene Wenger Sack Watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsene Wenger Sack Watch

Post by Dante Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:33 am

farfan wrote:Lovren wasn't even good enough for Lyon but somehow he still starts for a supposed PL contender? rofl

And here i was trying to remember Liverpool's CBs without googling them . 1 more left.

Or do they play with 3 at the back too?? i give up if there's two more

Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:06 am

Dante wrote:
farfan wrote:Lovren wasn't even good enough for Lyon but somehow he still starts for a supposed PL contender? rofl

And here i was trying to remember Liverpool's CBs without googling them . 1 more left.

Or do they play with 3 at the back too?? i give up if there's two more

They play a standard 4 in the back with world class something James Milner as a LB. Is Karius still a 'Pool player?
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:26 am

Luca wrote:
Unique wrote:
ES wrote:Pool is just a terrible side, no WC player that elevates them really
Liverpool have a squad of world class players but the defensive planning from the manager lets the team down.

Arsene Wenger Sack Watch - Page 2 19672a9cf9defd511436c98c561b963514d08e86
don't pay any attention to things I say to ES. My older brother always told me the best thing to do when people talk silly to you just talk silly back to them so that's what I do with him.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:49 pm

Man we've seen it time and time again, Klopp decides to throw on defenders and absorb pressure and we concede, no one should be sugar coating this, it's all klopps fault. Liverpool should never ever sit back and rely on defense, we have no clue.

Watford were doing nothing that second half, but we have then the last ten minutes to come back in and test their luck.

Awful tactics, honestly there's something wrong at the club if your defense has been bat shit awful for over five years now.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:59 pm

If your defense has been bat shit awful for over five years now , it's likely not Klopp's fault if he can't fix them , it's more likely you need better players.

What do you expect Klopp to do , figure out the secrets of life in order to make Mignolet and Lovren and James Milner LB work wonders in defense ? And how many full 90s the front guys can run their minds out to help in defense till they physically and mentaly break ? Defense is a collective thing , of course , but unless there's quality at the back , you're going to pay for it , no matter how accurate the tactics are.

I personally do not understand Liverpool. Do you guys lack in money or something , are there any big financial issues? You'd think Liverpool with all that PL money , the money they must surely make themselves and of course what the owners can provide , you'd think they'd have more than enough money to get players that should be playing for Liverpool.

Last night i wasn't joking when i said i couldn't remember Liverpool's CBs , i read Unique's world class squad and i thought , who's world class there? But never mind that , shortly after i couldn't even remember the full backline. I only remembered Clyne and Mignolet. In short , just go buy some better players , i sincerely do not understand what is it that Liverpool is waiting for when they have the means.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:07 pm

They can't really attract big name players and many players probably wouldn't want to go when they lose a key players here and there. Their owner has a baseball team in the States and probably puts more attention there. Liverpool will have to do something like Atleti or Dortmund and invest smart.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:28 pm

are people on here that clueless about football or what. its nothing to do with the players. its the defensive system klopp plays that kills us. listen people for the last fooking time. since klopp took over Liverpool have a wost defense than we did before he came. when it comes to open play we push the fullback so far forward that they cant possibly get back to cover a counter attack so the 2CB are badly exposed so no matter who we buy at CB he will be left with no cover. the fullbacks at the club are not great we know that Moreno being the worst of the lot. klopp came in and benched him to play milner at LB. now 4 transfer windows later and we are back with moreno at left back whos fault is that if its not klopps. set plays. for 18 months we have played this shitty zone making bullshit teams sussed it out after day one. its not that hard to do is it. Liverpool get the big centre backs to mark empty space and the other team just put the ball in the empty space and get there best header to attack it. its that simple yet after 18 months klopp either cant see the problem or b don't know how to fix the problem I'm not sure which is worst tbh. listen if we are saying we expect klopp to win the title and champions lge then you could say he don't have good enough players. but don't tell me we don't have good enough players to get the fooking basics of defending right.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:18 pm

Klopp is pushing their fullbacks too far forward and that means their back can be exposed. Who else does that at 2017 ? lol Klopp ?  

Maybe some of the players you have can't do it properly , i don't know , say for example when you admit the fullbacks are not good enough maybe that's what i said too , not good enough players ? I've seen countless fullbacks get far up and back in time , if Pool's can't it's not Klopp's issue , it's theirs. Now if Klopp wants to work with this Moreno and Milner LB then you're right , he's got issues. But , there are teams out there which do all these things and don't have terrible defensive displays . And as far as set plays goes , well i don't have the full picture with Liverpool on this one so i'll give you that , but that's not always a tactical thing . Or only tactics , it's most likely both.

Did you watch Real last season? Do you know how many defenses , good decent and bad , they destroyed using setplays and crosses in general ? You can't do shit about this with lesser defenders , no matter who's applying it. Even good/some of the best defenders will struggle , you can set up however you like , or mark the shit out of anyone , something will come through. A proper set up against setplays can help , won't work the same against every team but it can help , but most important thing are the quality of the players doing whatever they set out to do.

I remember in 13-14 we suffered greatly from set plays. Allegri tried all the shit you can imagine , nothing worked. Do you know why? Because we had shit players at the back , it's that simple mister. We eventually got some better players and imagine , much worse coaches , and it was less shit. We were shit elsewhere , but set plays weren't the main problem anymore. Just want to say , it's not the wall that trully keeps you safe , it's the men defending it. Tactics are extremely important and maybe Klopp is messing it up big time somewhere , i won't insist i don't give a shit about Klopp , but who's applying all that on the pitch is what trully matters in the end.

Not saying Klopp is faultless , but whatever it is and maybe you're right about it , let me say once more no matter how accurate the tactics , unless there's quality at the back , you're going to pay for it.

You don't need to be a tactical connoisseur of football to understand that less adequate players will allow obvious weaknesses even if you use the best tactics possible , which even weaker teams will identify and hit there . It's really funny if you think Klopp doesn't see or acknowledge the team's problems , it's pure banter if you think Klopp doesn't see any of it and you or me do .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:01 am

Dante wrote:it's likely not Klopp's fault if he can't fix them
But it is. At the end of last season (or at beginning of transfer window) our CB options looked like this:

Sakho (probably the best of the bunch) was told (in no uncertain terms) that he has no future in Liverpool.
Matip
Lovren (bench quality)
Klavan :facepalm: and
Gomez (a kid coming after injury lay-off)

And what did he do??? Instead of swiftly roping-in a (at the very least) quality CB, he wastes two months in pursuit of VVD. Considering we were (are) ready to pay 40-50 mil, it wasn't the lack of fund that was the problem. Question is why there wasn't any alternative??? Is VVD the only quality CB in Europe???
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:17 am

Have to agree with that. If the defense (and the defenders) is poor then by now its Klopp's fault. He has had 3 transfer windows to make moves. His whole "finding internal solutions" thing is nice, but it's costing Liverpool since he can't get them work well.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:39 am

Tbh i just wanted to understand their situation a little better , it matters not to me who's to blame or fault it is , if Klopp wants to work with Lovren and Moreno and Mignolet and wants to improve them , lol go ahead and good strength to the fans .

If he sees VVD as the right profile and sees him as an absolute must buy , to pair him with Matip and use the rest as depth , i wouldn't necessarily disagree with that either.. Maybe they could have bought some other CB already but if it's another Lovren or something , would that be worth it ?

Let them try all they can for VVD , there are good CBs to pair Matip to be had elsewhere too , but if they indeed are in the hunt for him all this time , then maybe Klopp sees him as the right profile , so i can understand if they insist for that.

But in any case , it's not like i am here talking to defend Klopp or whatever , i would blame Klopp as well if he's that hesitant or stubborn to change things.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:13 am

for the first goal yesterday under klopps system firmino was marking the big guy ( forgot his name ) who scored the goal. now if you were using man marking at set plays you use your best headers to mark there best headers which would of meant matip marking the big guy instead. now it would be stupid to say matip would have 100% won the ball but it would also be stupid to say he would not have more chance of winning it than firmino.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:39 am

Klopp has had ample time to fix the defence with either new personal or different tactics, the defense is as shit if not worse then Rodgers reign.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:03 am

mr-r34 wrote:Klopp has had ample time to fix the defence with either new personal or different tactics, the defense is as shit if not worse then Rodgers reign.
its the tactics mate. forget that fancy zone marking bullshit. why mark space. space does not score goals players do. also in free play teams just defend deep and wait for us to push the fullbacks so far up field that they have no chance to get back when we lose the ball. teams just sit in and as soon as we push the fullbacks high up the pitch they win the ball play it into MF who then just knocks it out wide in the space the fullback leaves who then just runs down the wing making the CB come over to cover which leaves one CB in the box to mark the 2-3 players rushing in to put the ball in the net. htg its so basic and so easy to see its unreal. for a start there is no point pushing the fullback on to a team that has 10 men behind the ball because it just puts more players into a small space which makes finding space even harder. its so simple tbh. what we should be doing is man marking from set plays. put our best headers onto there best headers and challenge the ball. on open play against teams that sit in we should sit back a bit and give up a bit of possession of the ball to draw them out and then press them and hit on the counter. the problem I have with klopp is he gets done time and time again by the same tactics.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:15 am

bump
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:21 am

He isn't going anywhere.

Feel for RG and Co.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:24 am

Arsene Wenger Sack Watch - Page 2 EVBWenF
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:26 am

Wenger has successful turned us from a highly successful club to a living meme. Nobody can top that.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:18 am

Jay29 wrote:Wenger has successful turned us from a highly successful club to a living meme. Nobody can top that.

Pippo.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:37 am

Here's a wild idea:

Wenger doesn't like to spend
NUFC (owner) doesn't like to spend

Seems like a match :coffee:
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:47 am

iftikhar wrote:Here's a wild idea:

No thanks.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:44 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

No thanks.

Laughing
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:11 am

You know it's time to go when you used to be considered a GOAT tactician but now Newcastle fans don't want you.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:21 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

No thanks.

You jest, but would you accept him in reality if that ever happened?
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:44 pm

legend rofl
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend