Juventus 2017/2018 Serie A and Coppa Italia thread - Page 21 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Juventus 2017/2018 Serie A and Coppa Italia thread

+18
S
Kaladin
Hapless_Hans
Marko85
Juventude
lucianomoggi
juvealbanian
jetvancake
DeviAngel
juve_gigi
Andrew
Tomwin Lannister
GiancarloC
Luca
Nishankly
dronte
Warrior
salmano9
22 posters

Page 21 of 31 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26 ... 31  Next

Go down

Juventus 2017/2018 Serie A and Coppa Italia thread - Page 21 Empty Re: Juventus 2017/2018 Serie A and Coppa Italia thread

Post by Luca Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:44 pm

Every time we see the absolute best from Pjanic, he gets injured and we miss out. Shame

Hopefully that means some time for Marchisio and/or Bentancur though

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Juventus 2017/2018 Serie A and Coppa Italia thread - Page 21 Empty Re: Juventus 2017/2018 Serie A and Coppa Italia thread

Post by Warrior Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:31 pm

Is it a serious injury ? Marchisio instead of Pjanic is what i expect Allegri to opt for. Never understood how our best player can be left on the bench on a daily basis. In my nightmares i see a double pivot of Matuidi-Khedira.

In my dreams i see a midfield of Pjanic-Marchisio-Sergej. Oh i dream of it a lot. As mezzala with a quality DM is how to get the best out of Pjanic. He is a CM who is world class by sequence, rest of the time A-/B+ with a punctual poor performance every month or so.

Bentancur is a bench player for now. I'd gladly see him as an improvement on Khedira but he isn't tall enough. I think that's why Max plays Khedira so often.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:29 pm

Main *bleep*' man Allegri wrote:“There’s no ideal pair, because I have so many players who can play together,”

“There’s [Sami] Khedira-[Blaise] Matuidi, [Rodrigo] Bentancur-Khedira, [Claudio] Marchisio-Matuidi… all pairs who could play together.''

“All I have to evaluate is Matuidi, because he missed half a training session and returned to the squad yesterday, so I need to see what condition he’s in.''

“Last year we played with two midfielders and four in attack, and one of those in the middle of the park was Pjanic, but the two wingers worked really hard and helped a lot in defence.''

“At the start of this season we conceded a lot of goals, so I had to change it a bit.''

“Maybe in a month or two we’ll play with one in midfield, or play with three at the back, it just depends on the situation.''

“The most important thing is for the team to know how to play in various systems and interpret games according to how we have to deal with them.''

“Tomorrow? I still have to evaluate the defence, [Andrea] Barzagli will be rested because he’s coming off a period where he’s played a lot so between [Giorgio] Chiellini, [Daniele] Rugani and [Medhi] Benatia, two will play.''

“[Stephan] Lichtsteiner will come back in, then on the left I have to choose between Alex [Sandro] and [Kwadwo] Asamoah.''

“On Wednesday we have the quarter-final of the Coppa Italia, a derby [with Torino] in which we have to go through.''

“Right now Cuadrado is out so we can play with three in midfield and three up-front with very different characteristics.''

“Then we’ve got a game three days after that, and with Torino maybe [Gonzalo] Higuain could stay out, or [Mario] Mandzukic could say out, or [Paulo] Dybala could stay out.''

“Then, two days after that, we have Cagliari and then we come back in a month when maybe someone will have dropped off a bit and will have to stay out.''

“Or maybe we’ll rest someone to give him a bit of extra motivation: sometimes the bench can be good.''

“The important thing is for there to be competition within the group as there is now, everyone is in good shape.''

“No-one likes the bench so they’re all working hard. I think that’s important, because Juventus have a very good squad and everyone should be looking to do more than their teammate.''

“The important thing - as I always say - is that each individual makes himself available to the others, because at the end of the day it’s them who win.''

“So those who give us great satisfaction will be the ones who go onto the pitch.”

Looks like back to a double pivot for tomorrow with Dybala in the attack

Lichtsteiner is playing so we will definitely concede. I'd say 3-1 tomorrow hmm

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:40 pm

Guys, were about halfway through the season. How do you rate it so far?

I'm quite happy with what we have been able to do. Another key player in Bonucci left, to me this was unfathomable after the last 6 years, at the start of the season it looked like it might cost us- it still might but I don't think so.

Were on identical pace as last season in Serie A, we have a manageable, not easy but tough, CL match up with Tottenham.

What's impressed me the most is Allegri's flexibility. A lot of managers would not have the courage to do something like bench Dybala or not play Douglas Costa at every moment [due to his profile, wages and transfer fee], but Allegri really doesn't care, just about results and who has earned the right to play. It is a sentiment lost on a lot of people, clubs, players and others. Team first.

Then obviously, the "big" matches of the season:
Lazio 1-2 in Torino
Milan 0-2 in Milan
Napoli 0-1 in Napoli
Inter 0-0 in Torino
Roma 1-0 in Torino

Apart from the Lazio match, which was in our hands to still draw, we have been brilliant in these matches.

So far, the most impressive players have been:
Benatia- for his resurgence
Matuidi- for becoming a staple of Allegri's 11
Bernardeschi- for showing us hope
Douglas Costa- simply for his match against Napoli, he can be brilliant and I think he plays a large role for us in 2018
De Sciglio- take a bow son. Benched Lichtsteiner in a way that Dani Alves even could not. He's been excellent, even scored a screamer of a goal
Szczesny- I didn't think we would see quite this much of him, quite so early, but I've been happy to see him play. I don't want to think about a Juve without Gigi but its quite refreshing to have a keeper the reflexes and athleticism that Szcezsny has shown
Pjanic- when he's at his best, we are at our best. He adds a dynamic to the midfield, attack and the defense that is a Pirlo level of influence
Chiellini- GOAT
Barzagli- still GOAT
Rugani- future GOAT
Higuain- will be more appreciated after he leaves Juve then while he is here

The Least Impressive
Lichtsteiner- extreme digression
Dybala- he lost his mind in October, which is a shame because he was having a Ballon D'Or type season. I'm not sure if he bought into his own hype, he's heartbroken, or what's the deal but its been the exact opposite of what we saw for the first 2 seasons and 6 games of this one.
Howedes- to be honest, in the 50 minutes he played, I thought we had a great transfer on our hands. It just hasn't gone his way. He needs to make 24 appearances to trigger his purchase clause. We can still purchase him if he does not but I can't see it, given his age and turbulent record of injury with us

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:38 pm

It's as i expected it, which is, Juventus being 2nd and Napoli 1st.

Allegri is impressive for getting results with NOT our best XI. Now pedal to the metal please. We are still in the race for a treble, virtually. At the start of the season, Max was deluded & dogmatic, but he got his mind back after the Sampdoria defeat. Since then, i am mostly satisfied.

Player by player review

- Buffon: World class
- MDS: Might be our next J-University graduate, the difference of level between now and his Milan days is flagrant. More and more he proves me wrong for being mad of signing him.
- Chiellini: World class
- Benatia: Started off real poor, now he is on a great streak. Needs to maintain this form.
- Pjanic: Excellent CM on paper, decent first half of the season on the field.
- Khedira: Given the important role he has within the squad... poor and needs to leave.
- Cuadrado: He doesn't feature in our best possible XI, yet i appreciate his presence. Nothing to criticize him for in particular, he was a pillar in the first months.
- Marchisio: World class, i absolutely dislike the way he is treated.
- Higuain: Sometimes great, most of the time only decent. He is a consistent goal scorer but for some reason i see him less decisive than before. Looks lazy.
- Dybala: We all know what he's capable of. Girlfriend problems are hard for your heart, but you would expect a football player to kill the pain by overperforming, not the other way around. Strange attitude.
- Douglas Costa: Sometimes great, sometimes poor.
- Alex Sandro: Sometimes great, sometimes poor, needs to wake up.
- Matuidi: No esthetics in his game, but we lacked an energy player in the midfield. I am mostly satisfied of his first 4 months.
- Barzagli: Used to be world class, now B-. Never again as RB please.
- Mandzukic: Mr. Grinta, deserves a lot of respect even if i don't like him as a winger.
- Pjaca: Injured most of the time
- Howedes: Injured most of the time
- Asamoah: He is a warrior, did a great job when we needed him the most. Not as talented as Sandro but he is someone who breathes Juve, gotta love him for that.
- Sczezcny: Great buy from Marotta, i am satisfied so far.
- Rugani: Had lots of chances at the start of the season but he never shine. His development is not as fast as expected but i still expect him to be a starter sooner than later. C+
- Licht: Legend, less than 10% of fuel left in the tank tho.
- Sturaro: *bleep* off
- Bentancur: Not impressive but decent, i missed most of the games he played.
- Bernardeschi: Excellent, needs more minutes. I want Max to integrate him faster than that, even based on merit he deserves it. I can't remember one single bad appearance.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:28 pm

The new and most changed players.

Benatia started so so bad and became so great. Lets hope he keeps this up.

Time to leave/retire for Licht. Great for Asamoah for being solid and useful again.

De Sciglio looks wonderful just needs to stay fit more. The drop of quality when he doesn't play is too much.

Bentancur and Rugani still look like the future, not a huge half season for them but solid.

Bernardeschi just looks great. His touch, his passes, shots, dribbling and quality. Does the most possible with his too few minutes. Deserves and probably will get much more time.

Costa started as I expected (poorly) but improved tons. His Napoli game and his performances around it where great. He can be great to watch and much more well rounded than just a winger.

RIP Howedes.

Hope Szczesny continues being great and become our #1 after Gigi.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:06 pm

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2018 LADS !!! FORZA JUVE !!!

This is the year to complete our transition, Marotta is already on it (Forza juve)

Let's wish ourselves a 2018 year with:
- Benevolence, peace of mind & adventures in our personal life
- a J-treble in our football fan life
- and more importantly... a decent end of career for Buffon
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:35 am

Happy new year! Let 2018 bring you all much upventus and may Buffon be with you.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:14 pm

Derby della Mole tomorrow in the QF of the Coppa!!

I missed the last match so I'm looking forward even more to this.

Allegri some turnover is expected but nothing was fixed.

De Sciglio trained but won't play. He'll be back for the next Serie A match. Cuadrado and Buffon are out. RB is between Licht and Sturaro. Rugani and Szczesny play. Barzagli/Benatia for the other spot. Dybala plays. Marchisio likely as well.

Most likely 4-3-3, Higuain/Mandzukic and Costa/Berna for the spots.

Possible 11

Costa - Higuain - Dybala
Matuidi - Marchisio - Pjanic
Sandro - Chiellini - Rugani - Licht
Szczesny
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:18 pm

With this XI we can destroy them

Dybala is back in form after some weeks of embracing the dark side... thank god the J-di academy (and Master Nedved in particular) was there to wake him up.
I expect him to go on a decent streak of goals, starting tonight.

Chiellini won't play tho (not that i care for Coppa)
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:15 pm

Our lineup:

Szczesny; Sturaro, Rugani, Chiellini, Asamoah; Marchisio, Pjanic, Matuidi; Dybala, Douglas Costa; Mandzukic

Sturaro and Asamoah as fullbacks with Matuidi and Douglas Costa (right) as wings. RIP width Laughing Expect tons of cutting in and central attacks. At least we have Dybala, Pjanic, Marchisio and Costa (on the right) playing off of Mandzukic so some sexyness from the center is in order.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:17 pm

Sturaro right back Molenation

Mandzukic going to bang in some headers

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:11 pm

VAR Laughing

No consistency at all
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:40 am

Happy New Year Everyone!!!!

Forza Juve!!!!!

The treble is still near...
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:02 pm

@Warrior @Luca our boys are playing together cheers

@Cagliari

Szczesny; Sandro, Chiellini, Benatia, Barzagli; Matuidi, Pjanic, Khedira; Bernardeschi, Dybala; Higuain
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:20 pm

Ah, Pjanic back Proud

3 man midfield
Bernardeschi, Dybala and Pipita Molenation
Barzagliback

What a time to be alive

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:12 pm

Szcsesny that save Cool Cool
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:15 pm

Bernardeschi with that shot off the post earlier ffs
Dybala with a perfect free kick hitting the cross bar

Pjanic and Dybala fighting over a free kick though, can’t wait for that to be blown out of proportion

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:29 pm

Szczsesny ffs

Sandro needs to wake up, he's having a shit match once again. Does not defend.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:30 pm

Szczesny ffs

Barella is ruining us

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:33 pm

This guy is such a bs ref
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:35 pm

This ref...
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:35 pm

Cagliari #17 stomp on our players hands 2 times rather than 1

Both Pjanic and Dybala
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:36 pm

Yeah^

Very physical first half. Tons of fouls. Cagliari is playing us very physical

Pipita, Dybala and Bernardeschi need to do more. Bern has been the best of the 3

They’re playing very physical on Sandro and has caused him to make a few mistakes already. It’s quite clear that outside of the front 3 and Pjanic, Sandro is the only other attacking threat on the field and they’re playing him hard

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:42 pm

Szczesny :bow:

What a keeper
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:43 pm

We haven't had a keeper with such reflexes in 10 years, when Buffon had those reflexes Proud

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 31 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26 ... 31  Next