Winter is Coming
Firenze
RealGunner
futbol_bill
Kaladin
25 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

This Madrid team is the best of all time - Page 2 Empty Re: This Madrid team is the best of all time

Post by farfan Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:17 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:You guys already forgot the quarterfinal?

What about it? are you implying that Bayern were somewhat superior?  I recall them needing an own goal gift from Ramos to even make it to extra time before any refereeing controversy. Laughing

farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

This Madrid team is the best of all time - Page 2 Empty Re: This Madrid team is the best of all time

Post by farfan Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:24 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Best team in weakest era of all time more like.

Least we forget this is the same team that 3 years ago was considered not good enough.

The only thing that has changed is everyone has gotten worse and Zidane, so unless Zidane is a prodigy there's only one possible conclusion that can be made.

Some of you may not like hearing this but it's the truth, football is in absolutely sorry state at the top.

With that said Madrid and it's fans shouldn't care, they are in the history books regardless and it shouldn't matter.

But to everyone else look at what you're seeing, Bayern are on the way down, Barca are a front 3 and nothing else, Italy has nothing to offer outside of Juventus and England has nothing to offer at all.

Meanwhile we have the same Madrid team of 3 years ago which nobody thought was this good and they are dominating football....

I'm a logical person and logic is only pointing in one direction.
this is patently false, this is not the same Madrid of 3 years ago. We did not have Casemiro 3 years ago, and most of our players have gotten significantly better.

This Juve was propped up before the final as the best defense since the great milan, shutting out Messi and MSN, we made a joke of them.

Also, when Barca were dominating in europe, we were not this good, england was still shite and italian teams were this level, if not worse. But no, when Barca or other teams are winning it's a great era. When Madrid is winning we are dominating a weak era.

This madrid is the accumulation of years of hard work and we now have everything.

Not to mention Marid have been good for 3 years now save for the bizarre collapse in the second half of Ancelotti's last season and the 6 months under the hilariously incompetent Benitez.
The Bayern that Madrid thrashed 3 years ago weren't exactly scrubs either. Laughing
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:29 pm

I agree with Raul "this is the best Madrid in history". Can't argue with him :coffee:
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:31 pm

Yes, Bayern under Pep were historically good and dominant, yet we wiped the floor with them. we have gone up against some histroically elite teams to reach our successes. Atletico have been the best ever in the past seasons, Bayern, This Juventus that was propped up as the best italian team since the great Milan, with their BBC and their 90 mil rated CF who had finally become good in big games.

We made history, i can't call this team the best of time because i dont like those labels, but not even the great Barca under pep won back to back CL. It's a feat that takes a special kind of focus and strength to achieve and we did it. This Madrid is historically good, 3 CLs in 4 years, back to back CLs. Argue that lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:44 pm

Reason that we were able to go back-to-back is that this team competes with 23 players. Every other previous team had a top 11... when one went down for whatever reason, those teams couldn't compete at the same level.

Heck, even without Ronaldo, Modric, Casemiro, Bale, Benzema, Varane, Pepe, Carvajal, Marcelo, etc.... we didn't drop our level.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by BORUSSIA!! Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:26 am

they couldn't even beat a below standards barca this season and lost 4-0 to them last season.

only got through bayern with heavy ref help.

they're quite average tbh.

BORUSSIA!!
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:22 am

idk. This team is damn good no doubt about it. But best all time?! I mean they couldn't beat us the 2 times they faced us this year and got wrekt at home last year by us; they didnt even win the Copa Del Rey.

Peps Barca was mowing everything in site, not just focusing on the big prizes. Also like to say this year Barca were absolute crap in a TON of games, and yet we only finished 3 behind this god like Madrid, and won the league last 2 years and the copa del reys. Look at Peps first few years compared to Zidane and they are remembered by not only our quality on the pitch but the way we dominated games with our style of play. I look at this Madrid team and I think, goddam that fkin bench alone could finish in the top 4 in any league, let alone that starting 11. I don't think jesus christ the way they play is terrifying, i think it's been perfectly assembled to have an insane amount of depth and quality (and obviously they play damn good too, but not Peps Barca good). They could afford so many games late in the season to heavily rotate and not even use Ronaldo and they were still squashing teams due that depth. Peps Barca was basically the same starting 11 strong but average to no bench. *bleep* ZZ has 2 teams, and that to me is why they were constantly ahead of everyone else, they were always fresh and well rotated. I credit Flo here, no doubt, but best team ever? Nah, we beat them and we sucked balls this year. Not even gonna touch and the total horeshit ref job in the Bayern series, as even Pep had the Chelsea game so yea, luck is heavily needed to win the big tournaments (club or national team level, is what it is). Unless some of the big name bench guys leave to start somewhere else, this team will continue to always be fresh and better than everyone, but just in a single match against some of the "best teams of all time"? I would take either of Peps 2 UCL winning teams against this one...especially the team that won the 2011 final.  And before a madridista jumps down my throat, I'm not dissing this team, I'm just going by how we dominated everyone (and if this crap version of Barca can beat you why not our superior versions..)

This is incredible what they are doing but I won't jump up and say they are the best team ever as they are still falling behind us in the league constantly and also in the the copa during this dominant run in Europe and like I said Peps Barca was winning everything. If anything I think that means the quality in Europe is falling while our league is still showing it's quality. Would explain why Madrid are showing more dominance in Europe but not in our league. Makes since if you look at how dominant la Liga has been in both UCL and Europa. Real has been winning the Cup lately but all the other La Liga clubs are doing great as well in the last 6 years or so. So I agree with whoever said European teams in general suck nowadays. So European teams fell a notch lately while La Liga is playing damn good. I mean during this run, they don't even have to worry about the Premiere Leagues at all, as they are all basically crapping the bed or tired due to that crazy schedule they have and what not and out of Serie Z you only have Juve to worry about. There is deff a lack of quality nowadays in Europe (I mean look at this god tier Warriors team in the NBA and the league it's been facing in the playoffs...does that make them the best team of all time?! They are an amazing team in a weak ass era. Not a diss on the Warriors, more so a diss on the rest of the league. Same way I feel about Real and the rest of Europe.)

Wouldn't shock me if Real/Barca keep taking turns winning UCLs for the next 2-3 years.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:09 pm

This is like saying that federer isn't the best ever because he has a losing record to nadal lol

This sports come down to what you win, not against which team you win.

And boy did we achieve something unique

Last edited by Mr Nick09 on Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:54 pm

Right, I'm not shitting on Madrid though. I was waiting for someone to say that. I'm giving props, my point is that La Liga as a whole is doing great in Europe while the other European teams in general took a step back in the same time the Spanish teams stepped up. Perfect storm is what I'm saying regarding that.

And yes, I maintain that in order to be best you have to dominate everything like Pep did. We were beating the crap out out of everyone including Madrid and winning the leagues and copas. You guys are dominating the Champions league, but in that same span Barca is still the one winning the league bar this year, and winning the copas 3 years straight now. So yea, if you guys couldn't beat this crap version of ours that severely struggled against pretty much everyone this year, then I don't see why it would beat the version that beat you 2-6 or 5-0. Those Pep sides were something else and dominated teams in a beautiful way.

My 2 cents on this. Amazing feat, will go down in history, but I don't think it's the best team ever.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudio84 Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:29 pm

I think we deserve a place in history as one of the greatest team ever for winning back to back Champions, something the considered best team in the history couldn't win, it's debateable, no doubt Barcelona's Pep was more shineful than us but it depends on how you see it, we despite not winning the CDR were more effective

Claudio84
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:54 pm

How can Mole talk about weakest era when he himself said he barely watches any football?

Anyway, I get you WindKick, I and all find it hard pressed to see this side as the "greatest team ever" but I do think they would be talked about in very high regard like the Milan team of the 80s etc.

Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:58 pm

Sacchi's Milan didn't even win the league in the two years they won back to back CLs. Proud
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:00 pm

farfan wrote:Sacchi's Milan didn't even win the league in the two years they won back to back CLs. Proud

Thank you for being here.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:02 pm

Also this weakest era shit.
Pep's GOAT team faced this Madrid team

Casillas, Ramos, Cannavaro, Metzelder, Heinze, Robben, L. Diarra, Gago, Marcelo, Higuain, Raul (c).

What a line up of world beaters
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:05 pm

Freeza wrote:Also this weakest era shit.
Pep's GOAT team faced this Madrid team

Casillas, Ramos, Cannavaro, Metzelder, Heinze, Robben, L. Diarra, Gago, Marcelo, Higuain, Raul (c).

What a line up of world beaters

Don't forget the legendary Bayern side that had Demichellis, Breno, Christian Lell, Luca Toni, Oddo, Altintop and the outstanding Van Bommel. Coached by his majesty Jurgen Klinsmann
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:45 pm

Been saying for a while, this Real team has been very underrated, they after all well beat Bayern, Ateltico, just being better than so many top teams, sad to say they are so good from a Barcas fan POV but cant deny it, they just grew and got better and better as the season progressed. Credit to Zidane and all the players, fearing an Real era coming Sad Apart from everyone contributing, particularly is the age of some of the key players are quite young, Kroos, Casemiro, Modric, what a midfield. Cavarjal has really been a beast for them. Ronaldo keeping his level and form. I think Benzema also so underrated, he doesnt get as many goals but his overall work has been great for them.

I hope it doesnt last, but who else is gonna get the better of them, not being optimistic about Barca Sad They might even win three CLs in a row if they can keep this going.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:52 pm

Find me one quote where you called us underrated
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:00 pm

windkick wrote:Right, I'm not shitting on Madrid though. I was waiting for someone to say that. I'm giving props, my point is that La Liga as a whole is doing great in Europe while the other European teams in general took a step back in the same time the Spanish teams stepped up. Perfect storm is what I'm saying regarding that.

And yes, I maintain that in order to be best you have to dominate everything like Pep did. We were beating the crap out out of everyone including Madrid and winning the leagues and copas. You guys are dominating the Champions league, but in that same span Barca is still the one winning the league bar this year, and winning the copas 3 years straight now. So yea, if you guys couldn't beat this crap version of ours that severely struggled against pretty much everyone this year, then I don't see why it would beat the version that beat you 2-6 or 5-0. Those Pep sides were something else and dominated teams in a beautiful way.

My 2 cents on this. Amazing feat, will go down in history, but I don't think it's the best team ever.

Agreed, but this Real team could really become that if they keep it up. See what happens next season if they can do it, and if us or other teams can stop them.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:02 pm

Freeza wrote:Find me one quote where you called us underrated

Too many to choose from? Very Happy I mean in general many ppl this season have underrated Real, be it them being lucky, Benzema, Ronaldo, etc. They team did get better as time went but still.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2