Tomwin Lannister
Kaladin
RealGunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Firenze
18 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 31 - Page 20 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 31

Post by S Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:49 pm

Mole, just from a crowd reaction perspective, just imagine the men in the arena cheering for Cena ffs. Its like unheard of.

Sometimes or rather most times crowd reactions is what gets me hyped and really gets me invested into a match.

S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 31 - Page 20 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 31

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:52 pm

Well true, most of the time when Cena does get cheered it's because there's a lot of children in the crowd.

People my age and above don't tend to cheer for him, they'll do the sarcastic "John Cena sucks " in rhyme at best.

Also agreed on crowd reaction, if the crowd is dead it's hard to care too much about the match. Luckily there are very few good matches which don't get the crowd engaged.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:52 pm

One of my favorite Angle moments. It was like a shock to me when i watched it back then. This was in 2006 when Batista got injured and Angle was on Raw where he was going nowhere. Angle moves to SD and competes in WM22 main event that year which Mysterio won.

This was the time where he transformed into his 'wrestling machine' gimmick and say whatever you want but he was on fire with this gimmick. He was more of a tweener than a face or a heel and did some great promo work during this period. Still don't understand why he got drafted to ECW later that year though. It was stupid as *bleep*.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:13 pm

It was around the time he was leaving and had real personal issues.

So that's probably why.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:21 am

S wrote:

One of my favorite Angle moments. It was like a shock to me when i watched it back then. This was in 2006 when Batista got injured and Angle was on Raw where he was going nowhere. Angle moves to SD and competes in WM22 main event that year which Mysterio won.

This was the time where he transformed into his 'wrestling machine' gimmick and say whatever you want but he was on fire with this gimmick. He was more of a tweener than a face or a heel and did some great promo work during this period. Still don't understand why he got drafted to ECW later that year though. It was stupid as *bleep*.

That's one of my favourite moments too. I remember back at high school debating with my friends on who could legitimately win since the Smackdown roster was so depleted. Their 3 biggest stars were JBL, Rey Mysterio and Mark Henry. Not exactly brand leading calibre.

Regarding Wrestlemania and Royal Rumble; AJ and Cena is finishing at the rumble. I doubt they can stretch it out for another 3 months after feuding for 6 months. Owens vs Jericho for the US title is a possibility which is a shame since it could have been for the Universal title.

Taker ain't winning the Rumble but I still see value in a Taker/Cena or Taker/AJ match.

If Rollins hadn't been hogging the main event for the last two years I'd say he would be deserving of winning the Rumble. But he is beyond main event stale now and needs to do something else for a while.

I can actually see them being stupid and having Strowman win, leading to facing Reigns at WM.

Ambrose needs a bigger feud than Miz and IC title *cough* Cena *cough*.

My half fantasy / half predictions WM card would be:

Goldberg / Lesner
Taker / AJ
Cena / Ambrose
Rollins / HHH
Reigns / Strowman
Jericho / Owens
Miz / Joe? or Nakamura?
Orton / Harper
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:30 am

So I just realized that there are two (!) ppvs between Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania. So basically anything can happen. Is this the first time there's been two ppvs in-between? Not even the previous brand extension had this from memory.
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:52 am

The answer would be yes because they used to do one PPV a month regardless of brand split and we have all talked about how there is too many PPVs.

Also I disagree that AJ-Cena is ending at the Rumble, mainly because I think Cena is winning so they'll give Styles a rematch at least but I would agree it's unlikely it's going to the stretch to Wrestlemania.

Something I would like instead of Joe being involved in the Rumble where there's already a lot of monster type guys already is him involving himself in the AJ and Cena match and it leads to a Triple threat at Wrestlemania and Cena and Joe feud post Wrestlemania and AJ goes on to something else.

Assuming the Taker and Ambrose matches with Cena are not possible.

It's fresh, stops another AJ- Cena match, creates a new main eventer and sets up fresh feuds coming out of Wrestlemania.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:49 pm

Stays in character during interviews. Larger than life gimmick. Proud

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:43 pm

Reading a rumor ( not sure how true) that Goldberg and Lesnar are going to main event rofl

Would be the worse main event of all time, inb4 larger than life nonsense.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:24 pm

I am already least bothered about that feud. Would be such a hard slap in the face for the full-timers in the company if that happens.

Honestly there's nothing really interesting about this angle imo except that Brock is going to send him to Suplex City Laughing
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:09 pm

Sandow finally has a gimmick on TNA. He's better off player characters as opposed to being a regular old 'My name is x and I'm here to wrestle' guy.

Looks like a flamboyant LGBT gimmick. Proud

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:10 pm

They obviously don't care about making stars (think they have actually tried harder to do it this year though)  but that isn't what bothers me about the notion of it.

It's the fact that almost every segment between the two is boring as hell and the story is irrelevant.

We all know the match will be shite if it goes longer than 5 minutes but I could stomach that if the build and everything that involves that wasn't hot garbage.

I watch this to be entertained (why I stopped watching raw as it's devoid of any) how you get to that entertainment I really don't care. Goldberg and Lesnar hasn't provided me with any outside of a brief moment of shock when Lesnar got squashed.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:30 pm

I have just looked and we have never had two ppvs between the Rumble and Wrestlemania ever. So the theory about Raw wins the Rumble because SD will determine their no 1 contender at Elimination Chamber goes out the window.

I read a fantasy booking that didn't have Goldberg / Lesner at Wrestlemania, but rather paired up with Goldberg / Reigns and Lesner / Styles. I think I'd actually rather see that.
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:43 pm

I think most people just assumed that there would be a chamber match for the No 1 contender and tbf it's a plausible assumption so it would rule the chance of a Smackdown guy winning the Rumble.

Thinking about it though it probably doesn't, either way I'm looking forward to both. Always liked Chamber matches and Rumble is fun as long as the winner is telegraphed to make it predictable.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:56 pm

This really is going to be the best Rumble in years. The star quality is amazing, and most importantly after Meltz's latest report, it isn't predictable either.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:00 pm

The Official WWE Thread - Part 31 - Page 20 E9c1de025e390241ce9d22ab6da14edd
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:18 pm

Casciavit wrote:This really is going to be the best Rumble in years. The star quality is amazing, and most importantly after Meltz's latest report, it isn't predictable either.

I was just looking at it and there is 13 guys already announced for it, i wonder how many people will actually announce they will be in it and how many they will leave and not say anything about.

The least amount of people who have zero chance to win it ( ala tag teams and people who do nothing all year round) the better IMO.

So far the only people in it who are not main eventers or ones who are they are trying to push to said status are the New Day which is fine but i'd like it if there isn't many if none other tag teams.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:20 pm

Agreed with Cas, this RR has the potential to be the best in years.

One thing: who writes/directs the PPVs between SD and Raw writers? Hopefully its that SD writer who's names escapes me
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:47 pm

I imagine it would be a mix of two and Vince either OK's something or not.

Although it's not that important as far as the Rumble is concerned IMO considering the type of match it is.

As long as it's not predictable and the match keeps us all guessing the rest will work itself out.

They have two weeks to not *bleep* it up lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:30 am

I watched WM30 again to see if my opinion changed because I like Bryan the GM tbh.

Nah still an overrated as hell show.

Cena and Bray could have been good as the story leading was admittedly different but it wasn't really taken advantage of.

Brock and Lesnar was very meh and as I felt at the time and still do breaking the streak was moronic especially as it was only done to get network subscribers.

Only opinion that actually changed was the main event was much better than I remembered but that aside I can think of better shows in 2016 tbh.

Wrestlemania 31 was a much better show than 30.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:19 am

Brock vs Lesnar was a good match imo. I think Brock should have won, but Lesnar winning made the most sense. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:21 pm

If you said that about their Summerslam match I'd agree tbh.

Basically how I felt about the show is that Bryan carried it completely, which I suppose considering he bookended the show and the story going in is probably the point but I can't escape that feeling.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:24 am

Rewatched Bryan-Orton-Batista. It was pretty good, but I still maintain Reigns-Lesnar was the best main event since HBK-Taker at WM26.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:21 am

I thought there's no way that's true.

But I looked at it. The other main events are Rock and Cena twice in a lifetime, Cena-Miz, Bryan-Orton-Batista and that's it.

So yeah you are probably right, hopefully this year's main event isn't trash but I'm not holding my breath.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by footyfan01 Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:00 am

The signing of Niklas Süle means that Mehdi Benatia will not come back to Bayern. Juventus expected to buy him in the summer

Bayern to take their €21m option & buy Coman, Juve to take their €18m & buy Benatia - Bayern to pay Juve the additional €3m and all is done

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:34 am

footyfan01 wrote:The signing of Niklas Süle means that Mehdi Benatia will not come back to Bayern. Juventus expected to buy him in the summer

Bayern to take their €21m option & buy Coman, Juve to take their €18m & buy Benatia - Bayern to pay Juve the additional €3m and all is done

That's alright but none of those guys will do anything in WWE, vanilla midgets with shit physique.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next