+3
S
Warrior
rincon
7 posters

Go down

Rodrigo Bentancur Empty Rodrigo Bentancur

Post by rincon Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:33 pm

We've all heard about him but I dont think any of us have probably seen him play. We got an option for him by selling Tevez back to Boca on the cheap and Marotta confirmed a while back that we would activate it. Recently someone posted a picture of the contract and it seems confirmed that he will be at Juve in June.

Everyone has a lot of good words and hype for him in Boca.

Gago (his current teammate)
"I like him a lot, It has been 3 years since I watch him play and he has incredible potential. Im surprised, he must grow and learn but he has much quality"

His coach:
“Bentancur is still young, but very talented,”.

“He is a midfielder who combines great technique, a strong work rate, pace and above all he is very intelligent.

“Physically he’s pretty strong, is 1.85m tall and good in the air. In terms of his characteristics, I’d say he is similar to an early Pogba.

“Rodrigo is a versatile midfielder. I usually play him in a 4-2-3-1 system in an attacking role. Bentancur can pass well and I am convinced he can easily play in other midfield positions.”

Apparently Boca were reluctant to sell him on the cheap and the transfer includes a deal where they get part of a future sale. That points towards real belief that he will be great.

Lets see what he can do.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Rodrigo Bentancur Empty Re: Rodrigo Bentancur

Post by Warrior Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:36 am

Didn't know he was a physical midfielder, this becomes interesting. At this point i dunno why i always thought of him as the typical short, pacey, technical South American AM...

I'm 1.85m myself and i believe this is the perfect height for a midfielder. Most of the times, players taller than that have less agility and work-rate. And shorter than that... well i don't see it as a flaw, but when it comes to Juve, we already have a lot of short midfielders. That's why this summer i said: i prefer we don't buy Verratti for the moment Thumbs up

So i'm curious to see more of Bentancur
http://www.futhead.com/17/players/42471/rodrigo-bentancur/
he seems promising yet some Boca fans say he hasn't prove anything but i don't know what their opinion is worth since there might be frustration to see him leave
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:39 am

oh and i wouldn't care much about his FIFA rating, for young players they usually get it wrong.

But the comment section provides feed-back from fans
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:17 am

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:20 am

Bentancur 'South American Pogba'
Football Italia14 Hours Ago

Rodrigo Bentancur has made a huge impression on Juventus and his former Boca Juniors Coach trusts “in a year he’ll be compared to Paul Pogba.”

The Uruguayan only turned 20 in June, but while other new buys such as Federico Bernardeschi are struggling to get playing time, Bentancur already has four Serie A appearances and started both Champions League games.

“Here in Argentina, there were those who said Bentancur would remain at most for six months at Juventus and then return to Boca,” his former Coach Guillermo Barros Schelotto told Tuttosport.

“Instead, he is putting in some great performances for the Bianconeri and Uruguay called him up to the senior national team. I am proud of him.”

Bentancur stepped in at the last minute for injured Miralem Pjanic in the 2-0 victory over Olympiakos on Wednesday and was one of their best performers on the night.

“I know the lad and spent a year and a half working with him: we are talking about a player with exceptional quality,” continued former Boca boss Schelotto.

“He is intelligent and has incredible character: trust me, the best is yet to come. I had called him the ‘South American Pogba’ and I confirm he is at that level.

“Let Rodrigo have a full season in Europe and you’ll see in a year he will be compared to Pogba.

“The thing about Rodrigo is that he moves like a 30-year-old. Recovering the ball is a natural gift he has, but he’s young and still has so many areas he can improve in.

“He’s a box-to-box midfielder and what he really needs to work on is his performance in the opposite penalty area: he ought to be scoring at least five goals per season.”
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:28 pm

He does look better than Pogba when he arrived buy iirc Pogba was 18/19?

Also Pogba had that crazy jump in technique/creativity when he became able to change a game easily after a few seasons. We'll see if Bentancur grows in that direction or in a more regista one.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:50 am

This guy will drive Allegri crazy with choosing tactics and formation. My only doubt is whether he is ready for the big games or not.
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:07 am

Bentancur looks like he could have a lot of potentials, he is just way too raw. Needs to chill on the tackle. Everytime he plays for us I feel that he is a walking red card.

With time and maturity hopefully he can be legit.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:02 am

rincon wrote:Bentancur looks like he could have a lot of potentials, he is just way too raw. Needs to chill on the tackle. Everytime he plays for us I feel that he is a walking red card.

With time and maturity hopefully he can be legit.

I agree, he looks mature on the field, but I think he needs to grow in terms of the mental side of the game.
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:43 am

Great technique and understanding of the game. Just raw, like rincon said. It was nice when we were forced to play him at the start of the season due to injuries, shame we could not find any continuity in that but there's still a bit of time and no rush for a 20 year old

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:21 am

#Juventus are preparing to negotiate with #Boca Juniors to purchase the 50% sell-on clause agreed over midfielder Rodrigo #Bentancur (via @goal/Romeo Agresti)
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:32 pm

Good news
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:10 pm

That ball to Higuain( which he should've buried it) was just outrageous.  That would've been one of the assists of the season had that gone in. Showing  great promise but he's still raw and  makes too many mistakes but the potential is definitely there. I am looking forward to seeing more of him.

I think he's better suited to playing B2B than a regista tbh. I dont think he's composed enough for that role(atleast not yet) and going forward, he can be a real threat. We have zero(effective) midfield ball-carriers atm, he can be just that. For me, he's more a Pogba than a Pjanic.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:15 pm

He really should've started and should probably start more

Sturaro and Matuidi away to Crotone, jogo bonito

Mandragora dominated our midfield yesterday though

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:26 am

Luca wrote:He really should've started and should probably start more

Sturaro and Matuidi away to Crotone, jogo bonito

Mandragora dominated our midfield yesterday though

Max was talking about him the other day, complimenting him. The word is that likely he'll go on another loan to a better team, with half the serie a teams asking about him.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:28 am

It's a shame were not situated to go with him in the midfield, him and Bentancur together could be quite promising

But we need more experience and a "top" midfielder should be priority

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:26 am

Bentancur should go on loan for his sake. He is not ready. He needs so much playing time to become a proper player.

A season of regular playing time would iron out some of the signs of inexperience. We should send him to Atalanta if possible, specially in case they sell Cristante. Gasperini could do wonders with him there.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:52 am

What I like the most about Bentancur is the way he constantly runs and wants to be involved in the game plus he's not affraid to go into tackles.The talent is there but he needs experience.
I'd rather keep him at Juve, he's very young and will get his chances.We have lots of 30+ year midfielders he can replace in 2 seasons or so.A loan move might not be that good for him mentally.Better stay here and develop imo it's not that we have like 3 undisputed worldclass starters in midfield that he can't even think to compete against.
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:11 am

The kid got less minutes in Serie A than Sturaro. Only Howedes is below him.

He doesn't need that imo. He hasn't been a particularly useful player this season. I like to see him get minutes because he looks talented and its good for his development, not for us atm though. I don't know if we can afford much more of that next season, we couldn't this season.

He is only 21. Playing 3 or 4 times the minutes in Serie would be huge for him to develop imo. He can iron out the cards, fouls and tackles. That just comes with game time experience.

I remember how "ready" Pogba was when he came, Bentancur is not at that stage imo.

I think he may be a wonderful player if given proper room to grow. Room that we probably don't have atm for a player that doesn't give enough immediate guarantees. Allegri has shown that he likes reliability above pretty much all.

We might get a reliable performer sooner if we loan him for a season to another team in Serie A with a good coaching situation.

That's mostly from his perspective, of course if we dont improve the midfield then keeping him would be fine as well.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down