The Demon of Carthage
Doc
Sushi Master
footyfan01
9 posters

Go down

Mino Raiola got 27M from Pogba Sale Empty Mino Raiola got 27M from Pogba Sale

Post by footyfan01 Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:51 pm

"The sale to United earned us €105m plus €5m in bonuses, a clause that gets triggered if he signs a new deal with United or is sold for more than €50m.

"This results in a profit of €95m, of which €27m will be paid to Mino Raiola and his company. Taking fees into account, our net profit on Pogba comes at €72m."

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1862/premier-league/2016/10/25/28840542/juventus-reveal-paul-pogba-agents-huge-fee-for-move-to?ICID=HP_BN_5

No wonder he keeps moving players, must have got a big feel on Miki or Zlatan too. No wonder the inflated fees, who knows the clubs actually get?

Agents are making a killing & playing with the lives of players!

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Mino Raiola got 27M from Pogba Sale Empty Re: Mino Raiola got 27M from Pogba Sale

Post by Sushi Master Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:59 pm

Yeah, this was all discussed in the infamous Pogba thread.

I don't think Pogba with his multi million dollar contract, house, advertising rights and all the shiny things that end up with him getting more money is exactly regretting that deal hmm

Plus, he has the final say on all these deals. If it went through it was because he approved it.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Mino Raiola got 27M from Pogba Sale Empty Re: Mino Raiola got 27M from Pogba Sale

Post by Doc Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:21 pm

They forgot to mention the 5% GL tax and Sports' 3% fee.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:49 pm

I'm sorry, I must be missing something, and I'm not being sarcastic here because I MUST really be missing something.

Help me out here guys, why are agents getting paid this much? What is this priceless service they are providing to world football? Wouldn't the sport be the same or even better without them?

Take the Pogba deal for instance, let's look at all the parties involved:

1. Juventus: they are selling the player, so their role is well-defined and important. The deal would fall to the ground without them.

2. Man.United: They're buying they player; again their role is well-defined and important and the deal would crumble to the ground without them.

3. The agent: a mysterious entity with an ill-defined role. The deal would still go through without it as we all saw during the pre-agent football era.

So to pay someone with a secondary role this much is completely illogical to me. I know they work with percentage and their cut increases as the transfer fee goes up, but still, it's baffling.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:56 pm

So fecking easy for some people to make money it's annoying.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:59 am

That's not his normal fee. It was written into Pogba's contract when he renewed with Juve that Raiola would get a big chunk of any transfer fee. His normal fee is much less than that.
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:07 am

agents have always made a lot of money, not just in football. as long as you have a major client, in a major sport, you stand to gain a lot. players don't go for meetings pertaining to their transfers, unless its in the closing stages, so the agent is their representative, and if you really want said player, you try to appease his agent....when a team will sign a player at any cost, then the agent himself has a lot of leverage. the middle man/woman always gets his/her cut...its the way it has always been, not just in sports.

i'm not sure how far back the pre-agent era was. but there have been agents in the sport for a very very long time. and if there was a pre-agent era, players being shortchanged led to the introduction of agents. they serve a huge purpose especially for players who understand little to nothing about business and finances. these days some players even have more than one agent to make sure they're not being cheated

difference is, back then we hardly knew the names of players' representatives. now guys like raiola and mendes are brands in their own right. but as far back as the 60s, (and probably even further) players had representatives
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:05 am

The Demon of Carthage wrote:I'm sorry, I must be missing something, and I'm not being sarcastic here because I MUST really be missing something.

Help me out here guys, why are agents getting paid this much? What is this priceless service they are providing to world football? Wouldn't the sport be the same or even better without them?

Take the Pogba deal for instance, let's look at all the parties involved:

1. Juventus: they are selling the player, so their role is well-defined and important. The deal would fall to the ground without them.

2. Man.United: They're buying they player; again their role is well-defined and important and the deal would crumble to the ground without them.

3. The agent: a mysterious entity with an ill-defined role. The deal would still go through without it as we all saw during the pre-agent football era.

So to pay someone with a secondary role this much is completely illogical to me. I know they work with percentage and their cut increases as the transfer fee goes up, but still, it's baffling.

I have no idea either. No idea at all.

The only reasonable explanation would be that Raiola got compromising pictures of everybody involved up his sleeve.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by sumon_blue Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:00 am

Off Topic
"He's (Pogba) a top player and I think he could be a phenomenal central defender, with the quality of his pass, his aerial game, his agility in such a big body," Jose told Sky Sports
sumon_blue
sumon_blue
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down