Great Leader Sprucenuce
Blue Barrett
LeSwagg James
McAgger
Freeza
24 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 37 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by LeSwagg James Mon May 15, 2017 4:59 am

What could possibly possess you guys to want KD to get a ring? Suspect

LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 37 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by CBarca Mon May 15, 2017 8:36 am

I'm barely invested in the NBA. I don't care about it much and at most I catch a couple Bucks games a year. I like watching highlights primarily, and that's generally what I do. Follow the highlights and the stats a bit. With that in mind, I just love watching KD. He's such a pure and gifted scorer. He dragged Westbrook and the thunder to some good moments and came up just short. How mobile he is for his height astounds me, and he's just a really fun player to watch.

From all accounts I've read, he seems to be a genuinely great guy, and his *bleep* you media attitude is something I appreciate as well. He's an insanely gifted player who has struggled a bit with injury and deserves a ring before he retires.

Everybody thinks he's the devil but I see him as the good guy of the NBA tbh :coffee:
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon May 15, 2017 12:03 pm

LeSwagg James wrote:What could possibly possess you guys to want KD to get a ring? Suspect

Because it means the cavs won't get a ring Molenation

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Mon May 15, 2017 5:44 pm

So y'all just going to act like he isn't the biggest coward in the history of the NBA, and maybe all of sports hmm
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon May 15, 2017 6:40 pm

Is he though? hmm

Why was he obligated to stay with OKC or join another team? To me it's the only move that made any sense. He joined the best team he could have with the best chance of winning.

To me it would've been silly for him to join a team like Washington or Boston which would've been a severe downgrade.

At the end of the day, the league is filled with cowards who just want rings and don't care how they acquire them.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Mon May 15, 2017 7:52 pm

He wasn't obligated to stay with OKC at all, but he could of want anywhere but to the Warriors simply because they beat him. Who the *bleep* goes to the team that beat them?

He choked in game 6 and 7 of that series too, which is a bigger slap in the face to the Thunder and their fans.

LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Mon May 15, 2017 8:01 pm

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 37 20170510
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon May 15, 2017 8:58 pm

LeSwagg James wrote:He wasn't obligated to stay with OKC at all, but he could of want anywhere but to the Warriors simply because they beat him. Who the *bleep* goes to the team that beat them?

He choked in game 6 and 7 of that series too, which is a bigger slap in the face to the Thunder and their fans.

I'm not disagreeing but what would going to a lesser team accomplish? What if he joined the spurs or Houston? That would've been better? If he joined the cavs would that have been better?

To me, it would've been a bigger slap in the face of OKC and their fans if he joined a worse team than OKC. He wants a ring, and in his prime, he took a 1+1 deal.

I'm not saying I like the move but I can rationalize it. I can rationalize it like LeBron's decision and then non decision when he returned to Cleveland.

The league is shit and filled with weak personalities.

And it's a non disputed fact that it's significantly tougher to both come out of and play in the west compared with the east.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon May 15, 2017 9:33 pm

KD gave OKC the best years of their lives and he doesn't owe them anything. He wants a ring and he went to the best available option to get a ring. I understand that. I don't hate him for it. Will it ruin his legacy a bit? Sure, but he'll have a ring.

Am I going to be pissed at players like Modric who left Spurs to go to Madrid? Nope. Same thing for KD.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon May 15, 2017 10:52 pm

CBarca wrote:KD gave OKC the best years of their lives and he doesn't owe them anything. He wants a ring and he went to the best available option to get a ring. I understand that. I don't hate him for it. Will it ruin his legacy a bit? Sure, but he'll have a ring.

Am I going to be pissed at players like Modric who left Spurs to go to Madrid? Nope. Same thing for KD.

Bad comparison. That's like comparing someone from a Euroleague team signing for the NBA champs.

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon May 15, 2017 11:57 pm

It would be like if Ronaldo said *bleep* this after the 5-0 and joined Barca lol.

Durant deserves all the shit he receives for that decision, with that said I have nothing against him as a person and he's clearly fantastic to watch.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue May 16, 2017 12:09 am

It's more like Figo to Real Madrid, Baggio to Juventus (from Fiorentina) and even Higuain to Juventus from Napoli this passed summer.

I think the other issue is he left in his prime, if Durant was LeBron's age and left, probably not as many people would have an issue I could imagine.

Like I said, I can rationalize the move and if he did choose any other team, the NBA wouldn't be what it is. Star players group like parasites onto whichever host team is the hot place to be at the time.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue May 16, 2017 12:38 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:It would be like if Ronaldo said *bleep* this after the 5-0 and joined Barca lol.

Durant deserves all the shit he receives for that decision, with that said I have nothing against him as a person and he's clearly fantastic to watch.

Oh I'm unaware OKC had a fierce, century long and politically charged rivalry with GSW. Sorry, my bad. I thought OKC got a team a couple years ago and were lead to relevancy singlehandedly by Durant, and would never have touched where they got without him.

Let me revise the comparison. It's like Ronaldo going to Madrid from Man U.

You guys are massively overplaying it. I didn't like it either and I wanted him to stick it out at OKC. I've got family in OKC and I've always liked the thunder. I've been to OKC, it's a great city. But you expect me to be upset he left that choker/stat padder Westbrook to go to a team where he had the best chance of winning things?
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue May 16, 2017 12:48 am

I just meant he left a legitimate contender who only didn't beat Golden State because Durant himself choked.

To join the team that beat him lol, it's cowardly AF so no we are not overdoing it.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue May 16, 2017 12:58 am

Luca wrote:
LeSwagg James wrote:He wasn't obligated to stay with OKC at all, but he could of want anywhere but to the Warriors simply because they beat him. Who the *bleep* goes to the team that beat them?

I'm not disagreeing but what would going to a lesser team accomplish? What if he joined the spurs or Houston? That would've been better? If he joined the cavs would that have been better?

To me, it would've been a bigger slap in the face of OKC and their fans if he joined a worse team than OKC. He wants a ring, and in his prime, he took a 1+1 deal.

I'm not saying I like the move but I can rationalize it. I can rationalize it like LeBron's decision and then non decision when he returned to Cleveland.

The league is shit and filled with weak personalities.

And it's a non disputed fact that it's significantly tougher to both come out of and play in the west compared with the east.

Yeah, it would of been better if he joined the Spurs or Rockets Laughing

If OKC lost to the Spurs and then he joined the Warriors I wouldn't have any problem what so ever with his decision.. it's all about going to the team that beat you

Figo is the only comparison that I can think of in the footballing world.. unless Madrid knocked out Barca in a champions league the the year before that, Durant's move is worse imo
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 16, 2017 1:02 am

Lets go Al Horford!

The only reason I have watched this series at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue May 16, 2017 1:08 am

I'll agree to disagree tbh, personally think you lot are crazy

Durant is with the majority of other athletes who would have made that move. I disagree with it but I understand it.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue May 16, 2017 4:35 am

Celtics Proud
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed May 17, 2017 1:53 am

WE KEEEEPT THE PICK

WHAT'S UP BROOOOOSKIIISISIISISIS
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed May 17, 2017 1:56 am

1. Celtics
2. Lakers
3. Philly

Lonzo Ball to Lakers probably Laughing Can't wait for the Lavar train
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed May 17, 2017 2:00 am

holy sh we finally got a #1 pick

Nets fans on suicide watch Laughing
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed May 17, 2017 2:03 am

dmize wrote:holy sh we finally got a #1 pick

Nets fans on suicide watch Laughing

Laughing That trade.

Congrats though!

We were the biggest winners though. This was our entire future on the line. We won our 2019 pick back Proud

Celtics getting a no1 overall while being in a conference final though Laughing

Lavar has talked Lonzo to Lakers into existence. Almost meant to be, unless we take Josh Jackson.

Markelle is no doubt no1 right?
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed May 17, 2017 2:06 am

Yeah, Fultz no doubt

And yeah, I'm glad LA kept their pick and Philly did not get two top 4 picks. They are in our division.

Plus, Fultz vs Ball rivalry incoming
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed May 17, 2017 2:07 am

Markelle 1 and Lonzo 2 for sure.

I wonder if Boston keeps the pick or shops it for a Paul George or Jimmy Butler type deal.

This is going to be a great off season trade wise I feel, lots of movement.

Boston has so many great pieces as it is. This signals the rebirth of the Lakers. Sacramento has the 5 and 10 which is also something. And this is a good draft class.

Then we have players like Paul George, Jimmy Butler, Chris Paul, Kyle Lowry and Gordon Hayward- all amazing players that could be on the move.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed May 17, 2017 2:14 am

I think PG3 wants to be a Laker. I don't think we would give up #1 unless he extended first.

I think we have a decent shot at Hayward in FA
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed May 17, 2017 2:30 am

There's zero doubt in my mind that's Paul George is going to join us next year. He isn't even trying to hide it. I would be pissed with his appearance on Kimmel last night if I were a Pacers fan.

Danny Ainge is amazing though. One of the greatest rebuilds ever. Went so fast.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next