izzy
CBarca
Hapless_Hans
Winter is Coming
Cruijf
33 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Ronaldo has cemented his place above Messi - Page 2 Empty Re: Ronaldo has cemented his place above Messi

Post by Bankz Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:16 pm

But on a more serious note though, how do we even convince a newbie here that GL is a serious forum at this rate? With all these sorts of ridiculous posts everywhere (me inclusive sadly), that we don't even know if people are trolling or serious anymore. I think this started since last season tbh.. We see people trolling messi, neymar, benzema, ronaldo, that I don't even know if I should even take this forum seriously anymore Sad

The only person(s) post I take seriously these days are titto, franchise, demon, GLS and maybe one or 2 more. I don't even take my posts seriously again ffs Very Happy I enjoy valks and farfans posts/trolling tho as in their case you know they're trolling :facepalm:

Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Ronaldo has cemented his place above Messi - Page 2 Empty Re: Ronaldo has cemented his place above Messi

Post by Kaladin Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:18 pm

https://twitter.com/KxngYubee/status/752252828400422912
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:18 pm

Proud
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by jontsu Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:21 pm

Lol hilarious Very Happy he has booked another ballon d'or for sure, i remember the times when he was the defending ballon dor holder and many people were laughing at him like is this the best in the world after some dreadful overall performances. Funny times ahead again, Grats for portugal i never believed in them, they proved me wrong, iceland really saved them scoring the last min goal and the lusitanians avoided the qualifications of death side.
As for me, one singular match which Cronaldo didnt play, or a tournament where they finished 3rd in the easiest group possible isnt enough to determine wheter he's had a better career lol. Baguettes were close scoring but they have never impressed me, not since Zz era, Germany would of been too much to handle, but antything can happen in one single match, just knew the lusitans would stand a great chance.
jontsu
jontsu
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:26 pm

Bankz wrote:But on a more serious note though, how do we even convince a newbie here that GL is a serious forum at this rate? With all these sorts of ridiculous posts everywhere (me inclusive sadly), that we don't even know if people are trolling or serious anymore. I think this started since last season tbh.. We see people trolling messi, neymar, benzema, ronaldo, that I don't even know if I should even take this forum seriously anymore Sad

The only person(s) post I take seriously these days are titto, franchise, demon, GLS and maybe one or 2 more. I don't even take my posts seriously again ffs Very Happy I enjoy valks and farfans posts/trolling tho as in their case you know they're trolling :facepalm:

You take Mole seriously? Laughing
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:40 pm

Molenation  Proud Ferguson has just delayed his death with 2 years.

#FergieTime:
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:44 pm

Bankz wrote:But on a more serious note though, how do we even convince a newbie here that GL is a serious forum at this rate? With all these sorts of ridiculous posts everywhere (me inclusive sadly), that we don't even know if people are trolling or serious anymore. I think this started since last season tbh.. We see people trolling messi, neymar, benzema, ronaldo, that I don't even know if I should even take this forum seriously anymore Sad

Just having a bit of fun man, I would have thought that would be obvious to most people really. If you can't make fun out of this situation then why bother imo.

Also I have been on this forum for 5 years, after a while you just don't feel like being serious.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:47 pm

Eder: "Ronaldo gave me confidence. he told me I was going to score."

Molenation
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:31 am

True but its not necessarily bout this particular thread. As u can see in the 1st 1 - 5 posts here, I joined in on the trolling here. It makes it fun I know and that am comfortable with. Moreso, I hold your opinion highly like I said earlier, cause I somehow seem to know when you're trolling and when you're not, like valk, & farfan for instance.
Its just that its become a 'thing' on GL now. It kinda started last season where constructive criticism turned into blatant trolling and eventually turned into a mindset that it became so consistent/regular that you get the sense that these posters actually even believe these things Very Happy

The main victims on GL are mostly Benzema, Messi, Neymar and Ronaldo. Just because of one not winning a NT title or having a normal dip in form or not scoring 40+ goals every season.
You even see their own club fans basically comparing them to average players/scrubs and even meaning it.

What's more? You even see threads comparing suarez and R9 and the like ffs.. So, at this point, do you really call it banter? Who knows we'd even start seeing the maradona vs lampard threads very soon Very Happy
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:39 am

Bankz, I don't think the poster who started the Suarez vs R9 debate was joking. He was genuinely serious.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:43 am

So this is praising kommander by trolling. or between it.
If you want to see serious version of this thread check redcafe
Kebab
Kebab
Cant go to the last pages in mobile version. There is no page numbers

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:47 am

Kebab wrote:So this is praising kommander by trolling. or between it.
If you want to see serious version of this thread check redcafe

TBH most people there are still shooting down the idiots saying CR is better than Messi. In fact somebody said that all this proves is that Portugal can win with Eder up front and Agentina can't win with Aguero and Higuain Laughing
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:00 am

Harmonica after finding out Portugal won Euros

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7m7ewouLQXA
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:18 am

Winter is Coming wrote:Harmonica after finding out Portugal won Euros

lol I laughed so hard. Especially when he did what he did around 1:13. Apparently, that's how people cast out demons eco smile

Thanks for the laugh mate!
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:45 am

Winter is Coming wrote:Harmonica after finding out Portugal won Euros

sounds like a joke, but i really won't be surprised if this happened. and then when the dust has settled and calm sets in, off to whoscored for some good ol stats.....he may be unto something this time, as cristiano didn't exactly light up the tournament
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:20 am

for comedy value, goallegacy is the place

for serious discussion, bigsoccer

for more "serious" tone, redcafe

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:18 am

for comedy value, barcaforum is the place

Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:43 pm

Always maintained that Ronaldo was > Messi.

Still don't see a reason to change my mind. :coffee:
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:18 am

While it is a troll thread, the topic does merit some serious discussion.
While before the Euro triumph, the overwhelming majority would have preferred Messi(70 to 30 I would guess).
The CL win and Euro triumph may just have evened things a bit. I see a lot more people choosing CR post the Euro triumph. It is funny how much difference a couple of weeks can make.
Messi looked odds on favorite to win the Copa and CR looked like getting dumped out in the groups.
Now Messi has quit the NT, getting a lot of flak for the decision and CR getting a lot of undeserved praise for Portugal winning.
Messi had a legendary Copa while CR had a ppoor Euro. Still Messi gets criticized and CR gets praised.
Thats just the way it works.
Reminds one of the 3 way fight for supremacy between Zico, Platitni and Maradona in the 80's. Before 86, both Zico and Platini were comfortably ahead of Maradona.
But after the 86 triumph, Maradona left both in the dust. Although the circumstances are different( Maradona was outstanding while CR was poor), we might see a more even contest between Messi and CR from now on.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:09 am

the 3 way fight was a little different. platini by 86 or 87 had peaked, maradona had started coming into his own in maybe 84, and zico really should have stayed in brazil, that might have kept the debate going. But after 82, (which was supposed to be his moment in the sun), he was hardly in that bracket. for me the rivalry was primarily platini vs diego. the only people keeping zico around by 83, were staunch brazilian fans . it wasn't like some sharp turn around, it was a very gradual process. hell, zico i think was left in the dust from as early as 84.

to be fair, both those guys were much older than maradona so that could be a solid explanation for their different peaks. its not like they were all the same age and starting around the same time. cristiano and messi are much closer in age than maradona was to the other two. hence him coming to form whilst they had started getting knackered
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperFloren TheLegend Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:06 pm

Godnaldo obviously surpassed Messi's legacy this summer
SuperFloren TheLegend
SuperFloren TheLegend
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:25 am

Ronaldo has cemented his place above Messi - Page 2 14237648_1108603765894302_1131435186684159944_n

'Can't argue with facts' - harmonica

Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:49 am

As it should be
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:11 am

So take CR and run/dribble whole team and score from any distance. Just like a created player. And Messi cant even get past 1 player and looks useless. Far from reality

It should be
CR
Dribbling - 82
Passing - 75
Speed - 92
Acceleration - 88
Shot power - 95
Shot accuracy - 88
Technique/Ball control - 85

Messi
Dribbling - 97
Passing - 97
Speed - 88
Acceleration - 95
Shot power - 88
Shot accuracy - 95
Technique/Ball control - 95

But in this way fifa would lose millions of fans

Kebab
Kebab
Cant go to the last pages in mobile version. There is no page numbers

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:36 pm

Obviously abilities like passing and dribbling are ridiculously inflated when it comes to Ronaldo.

But what i don't understand is how they rate strength/physique since Messi keeps his feet after every challenge and Ronaldo falls down like a little biatch but the difference in those categories between them is always like 20. Also when Messi attempts, he often wins his head challenges suprisingly.
Myesyats
Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:44 pm

Don't worry, FM would rectify those stats properly when the new one releases later in the year.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next