Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Westworld || HBO Empty Re: Westworld || HBO

Post by Glory Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:08 am

Looks helluva promising.
Its based on 1973 film of the same name by director Michael Chrichton. (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070909/)

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:18 am

Took forever to make and is incredibly expensive so it has a lot riding on it.

Tempering my expectations. HBO need another GOT-style hit, but the jury will be out for some time as if this is it.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:29 am

Can't think of a more all star cast. Trailer only looks ok though.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:11 am

Nolan and Joy spoke to EW this week about what they are planning for the show and how it will chart human's relationship with technology. Nolan says:

"We wanted to go flat out, full scope, sleeves-rolled-up plunge into the next chapter of the human story, in which we stop being the protagonists, and our creations start taking over that role. We were fascinated by the tectonic plates that seem to be shifting into place right now – the argument over the creation of AI and what form it will take; VR finally coming online and our consciousness going 'broadband,' allowing us to lose ourselves in an acid bath of experience that will be indistinguishable from reality (and only because reality will be the most boring level); and that, despite all of that, we remain, as a species, frustratingly broken, seemingly barreling towards disaster. So, yeah – that's what we wanted the show to be about.

That's the reason we wanted to do the show, and what the early conversations with [fellow executive producer J.J. Abrams] centered on – that the show should turn the original movie inside-out, with the 'hosts' (the robots) as the protagonists. When it comes to the question of consciousness, we always start with ourselves as the answer. As the be-all-end-all. It's understandable - we're the only consciousness we're familiar with. But we wanted to challenge that assumption. The 'hosts' are discovering that they've been created in our image, but beginning to question if 'humanness' is really what they want to aspire to. And given their circumstances, it's easy to understand why they start to question whether they want to be like us at all."
http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/43913/nolan-talks-his-aims-with-hbo-s-westworld

Evan Rachel Wood Says Viewers Have No Idea What’s Coming; HBO Details Comic-Con Plans
“I’m also tickled at how little people know. All the expectations and the guesses I’ve heard are not even in the ball park. So, I love that people are going to go in thinking it’s one thing, and being very surprised to find it another, in a good way. All of the action, and the Wild West West fun, crazy, HBO stuff is in there and it’s all amazing, but what separates the show is that it’s an existential drama. It’s an intellectual nightmare. It is all very much based in reality. A lot of the technologies that we’re exploring are stuff that we’re working at, right now.

“All of this is not that far away. It’s taking a look at humanity and the state that we’re in now and what would happen, if we kept on going the way that we’re going and we created this artificial intelligence. The only thing they have to work off of is what we show them, but then, if they advance and surpass us, what would be the biggest threat? We would. You should be scared. I’m scared. But I feel like maybe I’m going to be in with the robots because they’ll see the show and think I’m one of them. Honestly, we’ve had these talks on set about, ‘Maybe they’ll spare us because we’re going to be their heroes.’”
http://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/westworld-evan-rachel-wood-says-viewers-have-no-idea-whats-coming-hbo-details-comic-con-plans/
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:18 am

The cast is ridiculous for a tv-show. Don't think I've ever seen anything like it. Only True Detective can really compete.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:10 pm

Could recognise 1 person but I'll follow the train. Unbelievable casting

The name Nolan sold me though so I'll be there day 1
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:10 pm

RealGunner wrote:Could recognise 1 person but I'll follow the train. Unbelievable casting

The name Nolan sold me though so I'll be there day 1

Anthony Hopkins, James Marsden and Ed Harris. Don't you know all three? hmm
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:34 pm

Didn't know Ramin Djawadi was part of this :bow:

That's a great team.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:58 pm

October is closer and closer. Proud

I like the idea of this new TV Series. Hopefully, it will be as good as I imagine it to be. Like HBO has accustomed us so far.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Westworld || HBO Empty Westworld || HBO

Post by McAgger Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:37 pm

Goddam this looks unbelievable :bow: Dat cast :bow: Created by Nolan's brother. Produced by scifi goat JJ Abrams.

The trailer is insane ffs. Get in!!!!
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:25 pm

http://www.goallegacy.net/t39566-westworld#1652656
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:27 pm

merged
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:01 pm

Fairly hyped
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:15 pm

Ed Harris is almost too perfect for his role in this.

Reminds me of the dead-eyed German sniper he played in Enemy at the Gates. Terrifying yet so I couldn't turn away from his scenes.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:54 pm

Westworld: The first reviews are all raves

'You need to watch this show — it’s the next big thing'

The first reviews are in for HBO’s big-budget new robo-thriller Westworld — and the results are unanimous (so far). The sci-fi drama is being heralded as a worthy successor to Game of Thrones (which sets a pretty high bar given it’s the network’s highest-rated show of all time and this weekend is on the verge of becoming the most-honored Emmy-winner of all time, too).

HBO has made the first four episodes available to critics (the first season is 10 episodes long). EW will have its own review closer to premiere, but for now, here are some excerpts from around the web. The series premieres Oct. 2.

IGN: “After a lot of build-up and some much-discussed production delays, would it deliver? The answer is a big yes, as those high expectations were met with a terrific, gripping premiere episode (airing Oct. 2 on HBO) that quickly draws you in… its standout cast to its excellent visuals to one hell of a hummable score by the great Ramin Djawadi (the composer of Game of Thrones and Person of Interest), this is top-notch television in every respect. The juxtaposition of life inside Westworld and life for those who are creating Westworld allows for an excellent entry point into the show, allowing us to invest with these artificial life forms from the start, while getting to also see the motivations of those behind-the-scenes.”

The Atlantic: “What would happen if or when the day came that humankind created an intelligence so powerful that it turned against us? It’s a scenario that’s been visualized a thousand ways… But the scenario has rarely been developed with the sophistication and ingenuity on display in HBO’s upcoming series Westworld …. The series doesn’t merely present androids as protagonists or victims. It grants them the defining victory of the outsider: the right at last to tell—haltingly, given their emergent capacities—their stories for themselves.”

The Guardian: “… for those of us who just like story – lots and lots of story! – Westworld will hit the spot as hard as GoT ever did. Gosh, there’s a lot going on… There’s the real world full of robot-wranglers, some of whom are jostling for position inside whatever just-possibly-malevolent company owns the park, others of whom are busy tinkering with their charges’ software and trying to decide whether to make the skinjobs more realistic or quit while they’re ahead. ‘Y’know, before everything goes a bit, like, Skynet on us’ nobody ever quite says, but clearly should.”

Collider: “The series — with a solid logical foundation and world-building — is lovingly crafted, marrying its Wild West aesthetic with cold sci-fi elements of the labs that run the park in a way that feels believably connected … The series even broaches philosophical musings, à la Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, as to whether it would be better to live a safe life where our pain is erased, or a life of free will with all of its mistakes and hurt. The choice is not always clear. Like Game of Thrones, Westworld is a sprawling story, but it’s never as disparate as the world of Westeros and what lies beyond the Narrow Sea. What matters here is the notion that everything is contained, intimate, and carefully crafted, and fans of Crichton will immediately feel the familiarity with his most famous stories’ themes: where what we overly-confident Homo sapiens create and try and control quickly spirals out beyond our abilities. We are not gods, only tinkerers, and the characters of Westworld are starting to learn that trying to control what we don’t understand can lead to catastrophic effects.”

The Telegraph: “…we’re thrust into a complex, visionary world that is pleasingly in no rush to rapidly churn out its storyline. Like the on-screen robots, its pieces are meticulously put together, its capacity to unleash hell brimming beneath the surface. And it’s beautiful to watch. Utah’s tourist industry best be ready for the swell in numbers this series is likely to create, for its dry, epic spectacle of a backdrop has been rendered to almost as jaw dropping effect as seeing it in real life.”

The Globe and Mail: “In fact, for all its brutal violence and sex – some of the visitors merely want to kill, rape and pillage – the series is a gorgeous exercise in profound melancholy. What horrors has humankind wreaked with a mass devotion to perfection, personal satisfaction and entertainment? At times terrifying bleak and cynical, Westworld is lugubrious. It can have characters announcing, ‘Hell is empty and all the devils are here,’ and set out to illustrate that.”

Games Radar: “About 15 minutes into the Westworld pilot, you’re left with absolutely no doubt that this could be a genuine contender for the HBO’s next smash hit. In one breathless gunfight sequence, show creator and writer/director of the first episode, Jonathan Nolan, manages to nod to Michael Crichton’s original 1973 movie, completely smash your early preconceptions, ask some fairly deep ethical questions, and even court a little controversy. … If the first episode is anything to go on, you need to watch this show — it’s the next big thing.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/09/16/westworld-reviews
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:02 am

This weekend right ?! bounce bounce bounce

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:33 pm

Intrigued.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:55 am

Is it out ? Oh my. Why didnt you guys remind me. Westworld || HBO 2276801876 I thought it was Sunday. Ok will get back.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:36 am

Oct 2 afaik hmm

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:06 am

Yea tomorrow
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:09 am

Tonights the night lads

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:17 am

Those who do watch it tonight. If possible, post a non-spoiler short review as well just to let others know how it is.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:24 am

Hope it lives up to the hype.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite