Manchester United 2016/2017 Premier League Season (+ CC & FA Cup) - Page 3 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Manchester United 2016/2017 Premier League Season (+ CC & FA Cup)

+10
Nishankly
RealGunner
jibers
Busby Babe
urbaNRoots
RED
Firenze
B-Mac
Vlad the Impaler
Glory
14 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Manchester United 2016/2017 Premier League Season (+ CC & FA Cup) - Page 3 Empty Re: Manchester United 2016/2017 Premier League Season (+ CC & FA Cup)

Post by B-Mac Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:22 pm

confident we will crush Hull

they have played scrubs like Swansea and a 1 season wonder Leicester

B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Manchester United 2016/2017 Premier League Season (+ CC & FA Cup) - Page 3 Empty Re: Manchester United 2016/2017 Premier League Season (+ CC & FA Cup)

Post by Vlad the Impaler Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:31 pm

I feel there's so much hype around our team. I don't like it because we aren't proven with this squad yet.

I think it is a little bit unhealthy! Too much pressure all of a sudden. Luckily, we have players who can manage the pressure and others who can learn to deal with it.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:29 am

I would start this.

dDg
Val-Bailly-Blind-Shaw
Herrera-Pogba
Mata-Mcky-Martial
Ibra

Although I am well aware Rooney and Fellaini will start.

I am concerned Martial might get dropped for this, even if its not for Rashford it could happen for Mcky. Hope not. Martial needs to play as much as possible at this juncture. Dropping him will only make things worse. He is our 2nd most important player after Pogba. He is more important than Zlatan for me. Its so unfortunate people are actually forgetting how deadly and wc he was last season. Sad Its like we are becoming the English Real madrid. that when we get a brand new toy, we hop on the sorry brigade that start finding faults in our earlier ones. I will never forgive Mou if he find some excuse now and start to sideline the kid.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:53 pm

Fergie time aka Mou time.

Rashford and Mkhy need to be starting.

Shaw was my MOTM :bow:
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:55 pm

Hull were excellent. Last season we would have dropped points in this. Great to see the spirit returning to the club.
Rashford Proud
Rooni did well to get that assist.
Bailly and Blind are looking a strong pairing actually. Luke Shaw impressed. Smile
So effing relieved we didnt drop points here. Now bring on Man City!! Twisted Evil

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:50 am

Mourinho's post match conference threw some interesting new light on what he is planning to do re our attack. When asked about whether Rashford and Zlatan can play together he said in some games he will try it, with Z playing deeper. Especially in games we will dominate the opposition.

So does this beg the question, is Rooney not as much a sureshot starter as everyone of us fans think he is going to be this season ? Obviously if Zlatan is brought down to accommodate Rashers, then no way Wayne can be in the side as Mou has said he will play him only in positions closer to the goal. So rooni playing in CM is not going to happen.

No wonder Jose is recognizing what we all fans have understood long ago that rooni is the obvious roadblock to our attacking play. His lack of pace, poor touch and slow building up of our play is one of the main reasons why our attack still is lacking some tooth. And if Jose could shun someone like Casillas out of Medrid then its fair to believe he can do the same with a player like rooney too, albeit if its done slowly and gradually.

Its imperative therefore though for all our other attackers to look good. Rashers need to continue knocking on the door.

Either way learned Fellaini's out of the derby match. We need pace upfront to hurt Pep's high line. Players like Mata and Rooni should be of no use against them therefore. We have to play Mkhi and Rashford in that game. WE HAVE TO.

Herrera-Pog
Rash-Mkhi-Martial
Zlatan

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:53 pm

Nice posts, Glory!

I feel like it is more important than ever to win against City (and Chelsea too), because somehow even though I don't like to say it, I believe it will be a close three horse race for the title. And this puts more pressure on the team, but hey, they also have pressure (not as big as ours though).

It makes the league more competitive and makes the derby matches more decisive than ever.

I am happy for the late win. The lads fought amazingly!

Agreed that we will need more pace, especially when we face top teams.

I am not sure about Fellaini. I think there is a chance he will play in the derby. He played in that home win (4-2 vs City) from two seasons ago in April and it was one of the only two good matches we've had in EPL with van Clown.

City changed a lot since that match, I know, but if we choose to play more compact, Fellaini can steal a lot of balls in the midfield and also he can be important in both defense and attack at aerial duels.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:19 am

Didnt Mourinho say its bad, I mean his injury? Now unless he's playing mind games with Pep to make them believe he wont play and to keep him out of Belgium call up(unlikely as unlike some others Fellaini is passionate to play for his country and is an important member in their setup too), I cant see Felli in the derby.

Anyway I dont think even if he plays, he will have an impact in that game. Wily Pep can set his nippy players to run around him and force fouls. Sterling especially looks rejuvenated under him this season. Without Aguero he could be their main player. Theres a chance of Sane making his debut as well. So too many quick players and not sure someone like Fella is the right guy to counter that ploy. If it were stronger, physical players then he would have fit like a T, not doubt.

However I wont mind if we play Blind in midfield and Smalling in CB that game. Blind as DM can give Pogbito license to wreck havoc driving with the ball. Schneiderlin, Herrera and Carrick too are decent options. Let us how it pans out.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:57 am

Less than a week for the Manchester derby. We need a bit more activity here I reckon to build up the hype.
Cant wait honestly. We need our big players to turn up. Zlatan and Pogba please respond. Proud

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:08 pm

I'm hyped

can't wait to dump Pep and City on there asses at Old Trafford

crowd will be electric given that it's not at the emptyhad.

Zlatan, Pogbito and Rashford scoring :coffee:
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:09 pm

Let's do this Proud
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:18 pm

OMG!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=40&v=rb9l6tbHi0Y Proud Its on!!

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:19 pm

Bad decision to start Lingard and Mikhi.

Played off the park in the first 40 minutes, and effectively lost the match in the 1st half.

Ibra should have been more composed when he had the opportunity on goal to make it 2-2.

Meh. Derbies- win some, lose some. They have bragging rights this time.

Still early in the season, we've got enough time to recover and get back on track.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:58 pm

Not that sad honestly. We werent bad.

Although I have a feeling this match might just trigger the beginning of wayne rooney binning project. With Pogba seemingly ineffective in a 2 man mid, the club wont jeopardize and let our world record purchase suffer cos of a player stinking up his best position however big name that player is. Even if the board wont approve of it, Woody the businessman wont give a shit. Its obvious he wouldnt want to see his investment go buggers.
Everyone knows we have to play a 4-3-3 to get the best out of Pogbito as he need to license to roam and rooni is the obvious reason why we arent still able to play that golden formation.

Hope this match is the prelude to that much needed Fellaini/schneiderlin-Pogba-Herrera midfield with fat rooni nowhere on the field..

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:05 pm

Glory wrote:Not that sad honestly. We werent bad.

Although I have a feeling this match might just trigger the beginning of wayne rooney binning project. With Pogba seemingly ineffective in a 2 man mid, the club wont jeopardize and let our world record purchase suffer cos of a player stinking up his best position however big name that player is. Even if the board wont approve of it, Woody the businessman wont give a shit. Its obvious he wouldnt want to see his investment go buggers.
Everyone knows we have to play a 4-3-3 to get the best out of Pogbito as he need to license to roam and rooni is the obvious reason why we arent still able to play that golden formation.

Hope this match is the prelude to that much needed Fellaini/schneiderlin-Pogba-Herrera midfield with fat rooni nowhere on the field..

Season ending injury is the only way we get rid of Rooney, imo.

That mofo got a hold on the club like a vice grip. I don't think even Mou has the balls to drop England's media darling so early into the season.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:51 pm

We played hoofball for the whole second half. @RED what do you have to say to that?

Pep has shown time and time again that he is on another level to Mourinho when it comes to coaching players. I can't even be mad. That was the best 1st half display of positional domination I have seen for a long time in this prehistoric league, and the 2nd is van Gaal away to Liverpool in his first season. We will never play that way because Mourinho can't coach his players to play like that. We are a counter attacking team that just hoof and sit back and hoof.

Mou threw players under the bus as well. Pathetic. I'm worried about the long term future of our club tbh.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:25 pm

We played hoof ball to counter City's pressing, and I felt we improved in the 2nd half. Dominate them aerially and physically as we hold the advantage over them in that regard.

Biggest issues for me was the choice to play lingard and Mikhi so soon after recovering from injuries, they both looked rusty. Playing a midfield 2 of Pogba and Fellaini, they were bypassed to easily for my liking, left gaps for City players to run into. And sloppy defending from Blind contributed to that dreadful 1st half.

Mou is not absolved from any blame. I feel it was typical mou big game performance. Give the oppo far too much respect and play conservative football.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:48 pm

jibers wrote:We played hoofball for the whole second half. @RED what do you have to say to that?

Pep has shown time and time again that he is on another level to Mourinho when it comes to coaching players. I can't even be mad. That was the best 1st half display of positional domination I have seen for a long time in this prehistoric league, and the 2nd is van Gaal away to Liverpool in his first season. We will never play that way because Mourinho can't coach his players to play like that. We are a counter attacking team that just hoof and sit back and hoof.

Mou threw players under the bus as well. Pathetic. I'm worried about the long term future of our club tbh.

Van Gaal was brilliant in that first season. That Liverpool away game you mentioned, then the Spurs home game that season where we won 3-0. I dont think I have seen us dominate opposition like that in a long time. LvG was looking business then.

If he had done anything as remotely close to that in his second, I would have backed him completely even if that meant we missing out on CL and not winning the FA cup mind you. But lemme ask you whats your justification for the utter bollocks of a second season from him eh ? We were playing teams out of the park during that impressive first season spell with a 4-3-3 with Herrera and Carrick and Fellaini and yet the old man chose it would be better to needlessly tinker the formation ?

There were absolutely no signs that things were looking up last season. Where was his positional football then ? Now dont retreat and say it will take time in England for tactically inept players to get used to it and stuff. The thing is we were already improving in the latter end of his first season. The players were actually getting his methods. Yet he abandoned all that and came with a new system in the second season??

I dont think any United fan can be blamed for voicing dissent for that. Our football actually regressed. Now I dont know whether it was because of his refusal to accept he was wrong and inflexibility to move on but if you are saying we could have played like City played today this season had we kept LvG then sorry, from what we have seen from lvg last season, I personally cant put my money on that. He was a mess and seemed like taking us nowhere quite honestly. Tell me one match from last season where we played football like that Liverpool away game. May be one or 2 were there courtesy different reasons but over a period of time consistently(like that run in his first season) there was nothing to show.

I hate Mourinho fiercely too same as you do, believe me. But when Mou came, we got to admit the team retained that winning mentality which wasnt there for 3 seasons. He may be shit tactically and will leave us in a lurch once he departs, but we needed that boost, that he has given us even if its for short term I will take it (no other option anyway as Giggs was never the answer) We may get Pochettino I firmly believe 2-3 seasons later.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:03 pm

Glory wrote:
jibers wrote:We played hoofball for the whole second half. @RED what do you have to say to that?

Van Gaal was brilliant in that first season. That Liverpool away game you mentioned, then the Spurs home game that season where we won 3-0. I dont think I have seen us dominate opposition like that in a long time. LvG was looking business then.

If he had done anything as remotely close to that in his second, I would have backed him completely even if that meant we missing out on CL and not winning the FA cup mind you. But lemme ask you whats your justification for the utter bollocks of a second season from him eh ? We were playing teams out of the park during that impressive first season spell with a 4-3-3 with Herrera and Carrick and Fellaini and yet the old man chose it would be better to needlessly tinker the formation ?

There were absolutely no signs that things were looking up last season. Where was his positional football then ? Now dont retreat and say it will take time in England for tactically inept players to get used to it and stuff. The thing is we were already improving in the latter end of his first season. The players were actually getting his methods. Yet he abandoned all that and came with a new system in the second season??

I dont think any United fan can be blamed for voicing dissent for that. Our football actually regressed. Now I dont know whether it was because of his refusal to accept he was wrong and inflexibility to move on but if you are saying we could have played like City played today this season had we kept LvG then sorry, from what we have seen from lvg last season, I personally cant put my money on that. He was a mess and seemed like taking us nowhere quite honestly. Tell me one match from last season where we played football like that Liverpool away game. May be one or 2 were there courtesy different reasons but over a period of time consistently(like that run in his first season) there was nothing to show.

I hate Mourinho fiercely too same as you do, believe me. But when Mou came, we got to admit the team retained that winning mentality which wasnt there for 3 seasons. He may be shit tactically and will leave us in a lurch once he departs, but we needed that boost, that he has given us even if its for short term I will take it (no other option anyway as Giggs was never the answer) We may get Pochettino I firmly believe 2-3 seasons later.

I just don't think LVG was a good fit at the end of the day just like Pep was never going to be a good fit. United are a counter attacking team and we see football differently to Pep and LVG. No United team has played like that or will ever play like that. The players we have also lack intelligence. Rooney, Fellaini etc are all brainless.

The only times I have seen us dominated like that were in the 1994 when Cruijff was Barcelona manager, Barcelona under Pep in 2011, Athletic Club in 12 under Bielsa and now City under Pep. No coincidence how those teams are coached. We are a kick and rush team, simple.

City dominated us simply because they are just better coached and coached in a way to gain numerical superiority in every area of the pitch. I envy them for getting Pep.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:58 am

RED wrote:We played hoof ball to counter City's pressing, and I felt we improved in the 2nd half. Dominate them aerially and physically as we hold the advantage over them in that regard.

Biggest issues for me was the choice to play lingard and Mikhi so soon after recovering from injuries, they both looked rusty. Playing a midfield 2 of Pogba and Fellaini, they were bypassed to easily for my liking, left gaps for City players to run into. And sloppy defending from Blind contributed to that dreadful 1st half.

Mou is not absolved from any blame. I feel it was typical mou big game performance. Give the oppo far too much respect and play conservative football.

+1
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:08 am

Manchester United 2016/2017 Premier League Season (+ CC & FA Cup) - Page 3 14322410

I hope the lads will have the necessary ambition to come back to a good form. We need a win, we play away and almost everything seems to be against us.

Now it's the moment to show some attitude!

If they (our players) will play with determination, I am pretty sure that they will win this game.

I am glad that Rashford is in the starting XI. It would have been better with Mata as CAM anyway.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:44 pm

Why are we so sh*t?

Can someone please explain it to me.

I just don't have the answers.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:38 pm

It's van Gaal (:
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:51 pm

Watching our decline is sad.

Watching rooney continously get 90 mins is sad.

RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:53 pm

RED wrote:Watching our decline is sad.

Watching rooney continously get 90 mins is sad.

Mourinho is like the modern Capello. Football has left him behind. He is tactically incompetent when his teams cant counter.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:07 pm

Jose 'Rooney will not play in midfield' Mourinho Rolling Eyes

Same as the previous two managers, doesn't have the balls to drop him. Pathetic.

Where is that PSV player Moreno who injured Shaw last season to do us a favour on you-know-who...
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next