EL Patron
Hapless_Hans
Chumlum
RealGunner
40 posters

Page 3 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Go down

Who do you want as our next manager?

Next Manager thread - Page 3 Vote_lcap45%Next Manager thread - Page 3 Voting_bar 45% 
[ 5 ]
Next Manager thread - Page 3 Vote_lcap18%Next Manager thread - Page 3 Voting_bar 18% 
[ 2 ]
Next Manager thread - Page 3 Vote_lcap36%Next Manager thread - Page 3 Voting_bar 36% 
[ 4 ]
Next Manager thread - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%Next Manager thread - Page 3 Voting_bar 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 11

Next Manager thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Next Manager thread

Post by Eman Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:04 pm

Tuchel's Dortmund have not impressed me at all. I think he's taken them backwards as a club since he took over from Klopp. Sarri has been at Napoli for 1 year and has made them better but not winners...Harry Redknapp had an impressive year once. Sampaoli is doing very well at Sevilla, but he didn't make that team, Emery did, and in a year he may be considered shit for all we know.

Meanwhile, the others you mentioned all joined teams that were either a) already absolute class and could afford to risk making a bad appointment moreso than we can now because the team would find ways to win or b) worse than we are right now and which could never have attracted a big name anyway. Anyway that's really my main point here.

I see what you're saying, you make a good point and I'm not saying never give people chances because of course you have to. A name isn't everything. But we're all sitting here pointing at various guys who have not consistently proven anything and acting like the club would be mad for not appointing all of them as if they're all obvious choices. Now is not a time to take a risk on a nobody manager in my opinion. Now is the time to get someone who has won year in year out to reduce the risk of another shitty season by as much as possible.

Someone like that could also fail of course as failure in this game is always more likely than success, but if we do not get someone who has an incredible CV then we are being naive in the face of a crisis situation and taking the other extreme side of the spectrum (compared to the 'devil you know side') which is the 'grass is greener' approach to this appointment. If we want to win, and win ASAP in light of this season's results, then going after just anyone is more likely to fail than succeed.

We have a team name that can attract a huge manager. Why would we not jump on that right now? The longer we wait, our attraction could diminish.

Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:17 pm

Ideally we get the best and most proven manager. But in reality these managers are not always available and maybe don't even want to join us.

So what do you do next? Go with the next best manager or continue with whatever we're doing with Wenger?
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:33 pm

Out of stubbornness, I'd go with Wenger. I've never been part of the Wenger out team until the past few months and I'd still prefer to see him win than anyone else. I accept that the correct approach would be someone else but I'd prefer to go with him until the perfect option materializes. I think it should be doable this summer though given the handful of top level managers with uncertain futures.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:56 pm

Sampaoli is doing very well at Sevilla, but he didn't make that team, Emery did, and in a year he may be considered shit for all we know.

This is wrong. Sevilla signed 14 players after Emery left and sold 15. There was little of Emery's team left before Sampaoli took over. This is 100% Sampaoli's team.

That aside, people are pointing at these names because right now they are better managers than Arsene Wenger. When you watch their teams you see players who have improved, who play above their actual level, who adhere to structures and tactics and who compete with bigger teams. They show an ability to adapt to different situations and make decisive moves when the situation calls for it.

We have now a manager who is not improving players anymore, who has talent that is under-performing, whose team has no structure and poor tactics, whose regularly humiliated against bigger teams, who hardly adapts his team and only makes subs after 70 minutes or when there's an injury. A team that was carried by Ozil last season and has been carried by Alexis this season. Was carried by van Persie in 2012 and Ramsey in 2014. Who gets top four because his team are less shit than the competition. Who's team isn't getting better despite spending tons of money in the last three season.

You just can't keep a coach like that one, especially not on the pretense that we're "waiting" for someone special/elite.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:26 pm

Sampaoli also won two Copa Americas with Chile. An amazing achievement.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:39 pm

Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:33 pm

Next Manager thread - Page 3 Massimiliano-Allegri

Next Manager thread - Page 3 474525336

Next Manager thread - Page 3 Allegri_with_Milan_players_(cropped)_-_2

Next Manager thread - Page 3 Massimiliano-allegri-1487265382-800

Next Manager thread - Page 3 Gettyimages-592322960

Next Manager thread - Page 3 Massimiliano-allegri_7fclzuaqwtgc1as2avthlup0q

Next Manager thread - Page 3 Allegri-with-his-girlfriend-Gloria-Patrizi

Class on the field and off the field Molenation
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:39 am

Football Italia reckon Luciano Spalletti has a verbal agreement with Juve to take over from Allegri at the end of the season.

http://www.football-italia.net/99494/cds-spalletti-has-juventus-deal

So there could well be a pretty good manager available at the end of the season.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:54 am

Welcome Arsene
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:04 pm

Getting Allegri would be absolutely tremendous, and it would be pretty stupid for Juve not to try and keep him.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:38 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Getting Allegri would be absolutely tremendous, and it would be pretty stupid for Juve not to try and keep him.

Hans, would you give your thoughts and opinion on Allegri for us please?
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:45 pm

We're all just setting ourselves up for heartbreak.

Wenger will go to a continental club and win things straightaway, miraculously abandoning all of his late-Arsenal flaws along the way.

Allegri will stay at Juve or go to another big club.

We will hire Pardew with strict orders to keep the #brand valuable by finishing top 17 every season, no exceptions tolerated.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:52 pm

Arquitescu wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:Getting Allegri would be absolutely tremendous, and it would be pretty stupid for Juve not to try and keep him.

My thoughts and opinions on Allegri can't have much weight because I don't watch his team regularly.

I can attest that I have seen him change the game via subs and tactical adjustments in astonishing fashion at the first leg Bayern-Juve last season.

But most of all, he *bleep* won Serie A with AC Milan. Looking at the state of AC Milan, how it was developing at that point already, that's an achievement that can't be overstated tbh
As a thank you, they fired him rofl rofl
These absolute morons rofl rofl
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:39 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Arquitescu wrote:

My thoughts and opinions on Allegri can't have much weight because I don't watch his team regularly.

I can attest that I have seen him change the game via subs and tactical adjustments in astonishing fashion at the first leg Bayern-Juve last season.

But most of all, he *bleep* won Serie A with AC Milan. Looking at the state of AC Milan, how it was developing at that point already, that's an achievement that can't be overstated tbh
As a thank you, they fired him rofl rofl
These absolute morons rofl rofl

While Allegri was a frustra(ted)ting figure at Milan at times I agree sacking him solved close to nothing as the problem was the management itself. Truly a coach who is fun to watch given he evolves and learns from his mistakes each year.

Thanks for the assessment.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:39 pm

Watching Allegri figure out the team while the management changes it up on him every summer is one of the highlights of my season. His flexibility, his tactical set ups, his management of young players, his subs, etc. all great. But above all is the GOAT press conferences.

Sexllegri even has the GOAT personal life.
Next Manager thread - Page 3 ALLEGRI06_672-458_resize
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:44 pm

Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:02 am

Ffs please
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:29 am

Allegri seems about as tailor-made an Arsene successor as could be, right now -

1. Strong track record of success
2. Willing & able to make adjustments
3. Coming from a classic league back on the rise
4. Calm, composed, but no pushover
5. Not some exciting but un(der)tested figure with a "project," but instead a bit of a high-level pragmatist
6. As Rincon says, GOAT personal life (good for competing in the Banter League)

A handful of other managers might fit this bill if they were available, but of widely mooted options, Allegri really does seem the best bet in my opinion. (Especially since the likes of Simeone, Sampaoli, and Enrique seem long shots at best.) He's basically atop my own personal short list of possible successors.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:12 am

Most importantly he doesn't dress like a high school gym teacher.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:09 pm

He better bring the catenaccio mentality

Need them 1-0s and 0-0s ffs

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:15 pm

Reports from Turkey claim that Boro Primorac, who's been a coach at Arsenal for 20 years and one of Wenger's "right hand men" since his Nagoya days, is set to take over as manager of Konyaspor at the end of the season.

If you want to read something into that: Wenger hasn't changed his core coaching staff since arriving at Arsenal, so it's unlikely he's decided now is the time for shake up. Primorac is one of Wenger's closest friends/confident. Maybe it suggests a decision has been made.

But we'll see, obviously.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:32 pm

Next Manager thread - Page 3 Tumblr_n9slnr63dM1sg49umo6_250

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:41 pm

It's funny because it actually feels like the Allegri rumour seems to have something to it.
It's basically so bizarre and out of the blue (why would Allegri leave Juve to come to Arsenal) that it might just be the simple fact that, yes, Allegri could be about to leave Juve, and yes, Arsenal would be the job he could very well see himself doing.

If you think about it, Arsenal is an amazing job opportunity for a coach.
Rich as *bleep*, huge brand name and an attractive destination for players (many player who are now 25 used to root for Arsenal as 10 year olds and stuff), owners that are not obnoxious, not too much pressure to win anything, yet a lot of rewards to gain in reputation by actually winning something.

I mean, give Arsenal fans a CL quarter final and they will love you already.

Attractive city, attractive league, club with a great reputation, practically unlimited means and a good team already.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:30 pm

What's funny is that some people would have you believe that we couldn't attract top managers and players if Wenger leaves despite near perfect conditions at the club (especially for a manager).
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:07 pm

I won't be heartbroken if Wenger leaves for a major club and succeeds. That would only further prove the point that Arsenal and he needed to shake things up. He's still a great manager and I think he's still sharp enough to prove that somewhere else but the formula has gone stale here.

I'd be happy to see him succeed and wouldn't necessarily look at the situation with regret if we weren't immediately successful following his departure.

Allegri would be great though. Arsenal is a hugely attractive destination for a coach so no one should have to be sold on coming here. Lots of money, prestige and the lure of London and the Premier League.

The Primorac news is interesting although I'm still thinking (cautiously) that Wenger is waiting for a strong finish to the season to stay.

City and then Chelsea/Spurs if we make it to the FA Cup final exacerbates that.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by GRude Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:13 pm

• Tottenham
• Shakhtar
• Schalke
• Marseille
• APOEL
• Benfica x2
• Malaga
• Galatasaray
• Monaco
• Porto
• Wolfsburg
• Leicester City

All have made it to the CL quarterfinals more recently than us. rofl rofl rofl  What an utter fraud Wenger is. But apparently we can't find someone who can out perform Harry Redknap and Craig Shakespeare rofl
GRude
GRude
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next