MJ
Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
El Gunner
Sri
37 posters

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:44 am

I'm just going to assume that he'll be better than everyone in Arsenal's midfield bar Cazorla and Özil.

Make no mistake. Arsenal WILL win the league this year.

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Sri Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:51 am

Stop it with this propaganda dammit

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:10 pm

Wenger said: 'I would prefer to have the players back from injuries.

'Welbeck is two to three weeks away and I am confident I will not find a better player than Welbeck on the market.'
I agree with injured players coming back but saying he cant find any better is just ridiculous. Laughing  I remember when Diaby was 2 weeks away and we all saw how that turn out.... Very Happy

Would be nice to have back in 3 weeks, need all our players back.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3400841/Danny-Welbeck-two-three-weeks-away-not-better-player-market-insists-Arsene-Wenger.html#ixzz3xJygbHkW
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:22 pm

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2016/mathieu-debuchy-set-to-accept-aston-villa-loan/

good Luck but Sagna will be 1st choice for France in either case Afro
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:41 pm

So...a new RB

Would love Hugo Mallo from Celta. But he is young so doubt he would take the rotation role.

We need a Monreal version of RB. Defensively solid and technically good. Bellerin might be a great talent, but he has a long way to go. Need some constant threat otherwise he will stagnate like Gibbs

Options?

and please no Jenkinson.

Chambers is a CB/DM

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:45 pm

RealGunner wrote:So...a new RB

Would love Hugo Mallo from Celta. But he is young so doubt he would take the rotation role.

We need a Monreal version of RB. Defensively solid and technically good. Bellerin might be a great talent, but he has a long way to go. Need some constant threat otherwise he will stagnate like Gibbs

Options?

and please no Jenkinson.

Chambers is a CB/DM

What's wrong with Jenkinson?
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:46 pm

His level is West Ham.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:55 pm

RealGunner wrote:His level is West Ham.

His level isnt even westham atm, needs to go back to Charlton.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:01 am

Santi suggested Nacho
Gabriel should suggest Mario Gaspar to Wenger :coffee:
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:38 am

MJ wrote:
RealGunner wrote:So...a new RB

Options?

and please no Jenkinson.

Chambers is a CB/DM

What's wrong with Jenkinson?
Lol you seriously asking that
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:01 am

I'm surprised Arsenal fans, of all fanbases, would write off a relatively young player who seemingly is out of his depth at a club of our stature.

Like a player could ever prove himself and surprise people, especially one with a relentless work ethic.

Like that could ever happen.

Spoiler:
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:50 am

Yeah, but I genuinely can't see that happening with Jenks. You can't always stick to every single player hoping that one day he will finally breakthrough and stamp his authority. It's a fast football world today, if we get a good chance at snapping up a promising or experienced RB that can challenge Bellerin immediately then we have to make that move instantly.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:04 am

El Gunner wrote:Yeah, but I genuinely can't see that happening with Jenks. You can't always stick to every single player hoping that one day he will finally breakthrough and stamp his authority. It's a fast football world today, if we get a good chance at snapping up a promising or experienced RB that can challenge Bellerin immediately then we have to make that move instantly.

There's no reason to ignore the opportunity to sign a better player than Jenkinson, of which I'm sure there will always be many if we're being realistic. Just wouldn't rule him out as a backup RB or someone who can challenge Bellerin. Still young and has proven to be a solid PL RB, even if it's at a lower level.

Plus Jenks has top bantz.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:10 am

Top bantz when he makes a reckless, facepalm tackle in the box which leads to a penalty or a facepalm baby backpass that the opposition player latches on to and scores.

But okay, let's see what Wenger does with him after this season.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:50 pm

I think Jenks is alright as a backup, given that he still has room for growth.

But my preferred option would, of course, be to find the RB version of Nacho. Bellerin has been fantastic, but he's still young and has a risk of hitting a plateau - and by god we've done with enough of sour youngsters. It'd be good to have an experienced lad who can push Bellerin on, as well as challenge him for the spot on a weekly basis.

Debuchy, clearly, is an investment down the toilet now.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:17 pm

MJ wrote:
El Gunner wrote:Yeah, but I genuinely can't see that happening with Jenks. You can't always stick to every single player hoping that one day he will finally breakthrough and stamp his authority. It's a fast football world today, if we get a good chance at snapping up a promising or experienced RB that can challenge Bellerin immediately then we have to make that move instantly.

There's no reason to ignore the opportunity to sign a better player than Jenkinson, of which I'm sure there will always be many if we're being realistic. Just wouldn't rule him out as a backup RB or someone who can challenge Bellerin. Still young and has proven to be a solid PL RB, even if it's at a lower level.

He doesn't even start for West Ham anymore lol.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:23 pm

The problem of course is that neither Jenkinson nor Debuchy can challenge Bellerin.
That's bad, as you need a player to be challenged for his starting spot daily for him to improve.
That's why the logical conclusion is that in order for Bellerin to keep improving, so he can fulfill the fantasmorgoristical potential we all know he has, you need to sell him.
Then Debuchy and Jenkinson and challenge each other whichs sounds about right.

As both Confucius and Mike Dunn have remarked, if you love someone, then set em free.

Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:58 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
MJ wrote:

He doesn't even start for West Ham anymore lol.

Over the last month or so, yeah. But Coquelin and Campbell. So.

hmm
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:12 am

I'd rather let Jenkinson and Bellerin battle it out then play the waiting game in the transfer market. Bellerin is very hard to displace from the starting line up given the form he has shown so far. We need a top class full back and I don't see many of those going around. Could always bring back Sagna I suppose hmm
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:45 am

Jenk had good start for West ham but apparently went total ham not sure if it's a system thing or losing motivation but looks not so good for an Arsenal return. I still like him though, more of my bias
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:27 am

I'm not going to be upset if Arsenal end up choosing some other new player over Jenkinson, but I too haven't totally given up on Jenks as some kind of long-term squad option yet. Overall he's done well at West Ham, he's still only 23, plus he loves Arsenal. I feel it's premature to close the door on him totally, even though he may never reach higher than 'West Ham player' and a better option could come in and compete with Bellerin.

I feel a bit sorry for Debuchy. The guy showed up and made himself a pretty seamless replacement for Sagna, which was no small task, and then after some crap injuries he found himself displaced by a turbo-charged freak of a young right-back. That's football, that's life, etc., but even still, damn. He's a good player.

In other news, the Leicester scout responsible for Mahrez & Kante is apparently coming to Arsenal: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/12104189/Arsenal-raid-Leicester-for-highly-rated-scout-who-helped-sign-Riyad-Mahrez-and-NGolo-Kante.html
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:24 pm

Could our "British Core" which was lauded not so long ago be breaking down slowly?

Ramsey, Wilshere, Walcott, Gibbs, Jenks, The Ox, Chambers, Welbeck.

I think its fair to say that they have all been a bit hot and cold, with the exception of Gibbs who is simply overshadowed by Nacho but is a solid back up and has proved himself willing to fight his way out of his current rotation role. Ox & Chambers are investments for the future and still too young. Most would fairly feel that Welbeck deserves more time to prove himself following his injury.

To my mind Ramsey, Wilshere and Walcott are all worth considering letting go should the right clubs come knocking with the right amount of cash.

I doubt any clubs would risk splashing out the 25m+ that we could've got for Wilshere a couple of seasons ago now. So I'd say he is worth holding onto for sure. I think most people realise if he can have a good run without being injured he could go into beast mode at any second.

Ramsey - top player but where does he fit into our current system when we have Ozil? Barca linked with him regularly.. could cash in on him now and get someone in where there is more room for improvement such as right wing, CB or striker. I'd like to keep him but hes going to have to adapt to playing deeper and would then be the natural successor to Cazorla. Same could be said of Wilshere tbh. He works on the right but it just isn't his best position.

Walcott.. questionable consistency, cognitive dissonance on his best position, overpaid. Could get in a handsome fee for him from the likes of Liverpool etc and bring in a Mahrez or Shaqiri or dare I say, J Rod.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:16 pm

Armadillo wrote:To my mind Ramsey, Wilshere and Walcott are all worth considering letting go should the right clubs come knocking with the right amount of cash.

Yeah, but then we would already need some pre-contracts/agreements with worthy replacements. Not Shaqiri or J.Rod pls.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by GenBlizkin Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:25 pm

Deulofeu for Walcott.
GenBlizkin
GenBlizkin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:33 pm

Since there are quotas to meet during squad registration we can't carelessly get rid of our home-grown players. And besides that I don't see any worth in letting Ramsey, Wilshere or Walcott go. What we should do is re-evaluate how we're using them.

Walcott's a striker now and can be a good option for us down the middle. A few bad performances on the left wing where he's hardly played his career shouldn't take away from that fact. It was only a couple months ago that he was in great form, playing down the middle.

Wilshere's injury prone but has a level of talent that can make an impact in short bursts. He's not going to be a 40 game a season player anymore at this rate, but impact from the bench and in short runs of games he can be valuable.

Ramsey is quality and for that reason shouldn't be offloaded even if he does present a positional dilemma.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:58 pm

Can't help but feel when a new manager comes in there's going to be some players who won't see the time of day.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next