sportsczy
titosantill
The Demon of Carthage
futbol_bill
10 posters

Go down

Sporting Director Empty Sporting Director

Post by futbol_bill Thu 17 Dec - 12:00

There is a lot of talk here about club returning to have a sporting director. A couple of former sporting directors have been mentioned. I actually hope there is some truth to this, however with Flo you can't count on him making such a reasonable move!

There is one name that I think would make a fantastic director and that is Vincente Del Bosque. He has just announced today he will be retiring (from coaching) after this summer's Euros. He is a great assessor of talent. Madrid background, would be perfect guy for the job. However one big problem. He hates Flo (and rightfully so), so we are back to as long as Perez stays on the job ...........
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Sporting Director Empty Re: Sporting Director

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu 17 Dec - 12:28

Marca is reporting Real Madrid is trying to land Sevilla's Monchi.

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu 17 Dec - 13:31

as you all probably know, i'm not so taken by sporting directors. i like them, and i think their job is important, not primarily to the football aspect of things, but also in terms of general sports, branding (not like the marketing department ofcourse), and holding people accountable (avoid the crap with the copa del rey). i'm more for the coach being given more authority, and not being placed as subordinate to the sporting director. they should both be on equal footing, not sporting director blabbing about the coach changing his coaching methods or what formation to play

for this reason i like monchi, he's done well at sevilla, forget their europa league conquests,(i give that credit to coaching) he has been at sevilla for like the last decade, when they were one of the best teams in this league under juande ramos, and his transfers have been consistent, shrewd and impeccable- signing of kanoute, sales of reyes, ramos, alvez and the moneys acquired till now

the reason i don't mind him, and the biggest feature i want a sporting director to have is - anonymity (not ted danson kind of anonymous lol). a sporting director who's hardly in the public eye, never says much, allows coach to take the credit and allows coach look like the boss, is someone i don't mind. i've followed madrid and the league for years, and monchi always flew under the radar, i admire that.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu 17 Dec - 13:32

its for that reason i don't want former coaches, they have the tendency to go into coaching mode, yet, if given the choice to coach, they won't take the job. they become like us fans,and that disrupts things. i never liked sacchi ; i watched his milan sides and take nothing away from him for that, but as a sporting director, he spoke too much.

i never liked valdano neither. and whilst del bosque is more reserved than both, not sure i want him, at least not over monchi, and not sure he'll even consider the job. he detests florentino, as he rightly should, and that's evidenced by him turning down opportunities to come back and receive lifetime achievement plaques from florentino at the bernabeau.

my point; a sporting director who lets the coach manage and choose how he wants to build the squad would be my choice, and not a director who builds the team himself and moves for players he wants even though he's not the one managing the team
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu 17 Dec - 13:41

It's gonna be difficult landing him though. He's one of the best, if not the best, and he seems pretty committed to Sevilla.

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu 17 Dec - 14:26

Not to mention it would be entirely cosmetic anyhow... Flo would use whoever it is as a puppet.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu 17 Dec - 14:32

lol @sportsczy, he wanted to use raul. i heard raul wasn't interested. that would have been very cosmetic, and would have swayed a lot of the madrid public. i liked raul, but i wouldn't have wanted such a move. inexperienced, and i'm not up for hiring people just cos they played at madrid.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Fri 18 Dec - 7:41

if the flo really get a sports director after this kind of season just for show, then I have zero hope for the club until he leaves.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamirr Fri 18 Dec - 8:01

I have no hope. For me this is officially an abusive relationship. Crying or Very sad
Shamirr
Shamirr
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri 18 Dec - 8:58

How would people feel about Pedja. He gave us ElPipa and Marcelo after all. I would not mind having him back. I thought he was quite good
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri 18 Dec - 11:17

pedja had some gaffs too e.g. the registering of both huntelaar and lass when they had both played european competition. i won't blame him for the failures to sign villa, kaka, cesc and capdevilla (all names promised by ramon calderon), i'll blame calderon for those. but, compared to valdano and sacchi, pedja's okay. he minds his business, and never spoke about formations or any of those things. certain journalists are tipping mourinho for a madrid return. if that's the case, my guess is there will be no sporting director
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Fri 18 Dec - 11:27

Wasn't Mijatovic sacked mostly because he said he will sign Ronaldo and he didn't?
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri 18 Dec - 12:04

titosantill wrote:certain journalists are tipping mourinho for a madrid return. if that's the case, my guess is there will be no sporting director

Florentino denied those reports yesterday.

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri 18 Dec - 12:23

i know. but its for that reason i posted that. we're all hoping such move isn't made. but i can't count how many things florentino has denied that have gone the other way.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri 18 Dec - 12:48

Pedja was sacked when Perez took over. He wanted the same sporting director he had in his first stint

There is no chance in hell Mourinho comes back. By now everybody knows he wont be able to get along with a Club for more than 1 season. Doubt he'd want to come back after his mentally draining last season with us
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sat 19 Dec - 15:49

I sort of get the feeling that thinking about a single person as the main decision maker concerning the club's sporting decisions is arguably reflective of the current and arguably unsubstantial decision making mechanisms taking place in the club.

There should maybe be an entire committee formed of educated individuals that can help in constructing positive frameworks from which all types of sporting decisions can be made.

Lets say Florentino brought in a one man symbol in the form of a Valdano, Raul, or this Monchi fellow, how many and what kind of thorough and meaningful changes would that one person be able to organize even if Florentino were to give them authentic power?
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat 19 Dec - 15:53

is that you TMO???
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sat 19 Dec - 15:58

Yes, hi sports (hi everyone).
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat 19 Dec - 17:45

@nicolas cage, i'm not all up for an entire committee. only becomes more bureaucratic and can get political. more importantly, all those guys will be on salary. i don't know the wages involved but paying a committee of people wages of what should go to only one or at max two sporting personnel doesn't seem efficient, i know madrid has money but with these fat contracts these players are getting i doubt florentino wants to start flushing out cash on sporting directors. i still say, as long as the manager is given the right authority without interference from the powers that be (florentino or a sporting director), we can manage. and if we must get a director, it shouldn't be a figure head or puppet move. he should know what he's doing, be experienced and let the coach  do his job
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat 19 Dec - 19:50

Nicolas Cage wrote:Yes, hi sports (hi everyone).

Good to see you my man!!!
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun 20 Dec - 1:20

I thought tmo was permabanned hmm
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by shadexticos Sun 20 Dec - 4:57

nothing we say actually matters. the most logical choice never gets chosen as long as florentino perez is there. Ancelotti is going to Bayern, Florentino Perez is our president, Benitez is our coach, Barca just won club world cup. MSN continues to shine. Nothing matters.

shadexticos
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down