Klopp: "I felt pretty alone in this moment.."

+11
free_cat
jibers
RED
Jay29
farfan
McAgger
Curtinho
Sri
Lucifer
Art Morte
Hapless_Hans
15 posters

Go down

Klopp: "I felt pretty alone in this moment.." Empty Klopp: "I felt pretty alone in this moment.."

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:43 pm

Both in the post game interview and press conference, new Liverpool manager Juergen Klopp has called out, or expressed his bewilderment about, crowds of Liverpool's supporters leaving the stadium with several minutes to play, while their team was chasing the equalizer against Sir Pardew's Crystal Palace.
In the press conference, he stated that he "felt pretty alone in this moment", alluding to the YNWA thing of which Pool fans like to pride themselves.

Pretty clear stuff. Has any manager critizised home fans this openly? Guess Klopp didn't imagine the famous Anfield crowd would be so dissapointingly worse than the Yellow Wall?

at 2:18
at 4:15
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 34037
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Klopp: "I felt pretty alone in this moment.." Empty Re: Klopp: "I felt pretty alone in this moment.."

Post by Art Morte Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:30 pm

Jürgen's got a point, I agree with him. Personally whenever I see fans leaving when there's only one goal in it, I like to think they're more like neutrals than actual hardcore fans of the team.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18259
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

Klopp: "I felt pretty alone in this moment.." Empty Re: Klopp: "I felt pretty alone in this moment.."

Post by Lucifer Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:32 pm

Least expected from Liverpool fans though

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 8392
Join date : 2015-06-16
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Klopp: "I felt pretty alone in this moment.." Empty Re: Klopp: "I felt pretty alone in this moment.."

Post by Sri Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:46 pm

I particularly dislike it when Arsenal fans leave games early to avoid getting stuck in traffic/rush, given the archaic infrastructure and narrow streets around the Emirates. It's a different cause, but the effect is very similar unfortunately.


Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank
Posts : 13950
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Klopp: "I felt pretty alone in this moment.." Empty Re: Klopp: "I felt pretty alone in this moment.."

Post by Curtinho Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:04 pm

I dislike it when any fans leave the game before the game is over, regardless of the score. Stay and support your team. Good or bad whether you want to boo them or cheer them or whathaveyou if you are a real fan, IMO, you will stay to the end.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 4626
Join date : 2014-02-12

Back to top Go down

Klopp: "I felt pretty alone in this moment.." Empty Re: Klopp: "I felt pretty alone in this moment.."

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:49 pm

Pretty sure most of these attendees leaving early are doing so because of traffic, queues etc.
And obviously they can do what they like, but it shows their priorities, that they're more invested in getting home without too much fuzz than they are in the game and supporting their team.

You don't expect the full stadium to be full of die-hard supporters of course, as Art said, but it creates a strange picture if crowds of people directly behind the bench, on the best seats, get up and leave, in such a stadium where people are so close.
And you would expect people who got a ticket to be interested enough in the game, especially a close one, to see it out.

It doesn't give a feeling of intense comeback support, that's for sure, and that's what Klopp was aiming at.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 34037
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Klopp: "I felt pretty alone in this moment.." Empty Re: Klopp: "I felt pretty alone in this moment.."

Post by McAgger Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:50 pm

Every set of fans do it. Specially in England. Sadly it's what the game has come to.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina
Posts : 28304
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 106

Back to top Go down

Klopp: "I felt pretty alone in this moment.." Empty Re: Klopp: "I felt pretty alone in this moment.."

Post by Guest Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:52 pm

It was over after that goal though.

1 goal or not that was clearly a winning goal that knocked whatever fight liverpool had out of them.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Klopp: "I felt pretty alone in this moment.." Empty Re: Klopp: "I felt pretty alone in this moment.."

Post by farfan Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:53 pm

Finally Liverpool fans are exposed for what they truly are .

I was getting tired of hearing how great of a fanbase they are just because they sing a song from some Broadway musical before every match .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City
Posts : 5511
Join date : 2013-05-30

Back to top Go down

Klopp: "I felt pretty alone in this moment.." Empty Re: Klopp: "I felt pretty alone in this moment.."

Post by Jay29 Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:58 pm

It's a problem throughout England at the moment, and one that's hard to understand. Fans complain about paying too much for tickets, but then walk out on the game with 10 minutes to go and the result in the balance.

Last night, we equalise late against Spurs, and have a good 15 minutes to chase a winner. With 5 mins to go the stadium starts to empty. This is a damn North London Derby, one of the biggest games of the year. People have paid £60 to come watch and they prioritise getting home fractionally earlier over potentially seeing their team win. Don't know about the rest of you, but if I shelled out £60 for the ticket, I'm staying to the very end and clapping the team off regardless of the result.

Amy Lawrence actually wrote a piece about this today for the Guardian.

A more hilarious/facepalm worthy example of this happened with my local club, Southend, last season. They were in the League 2 play-off final. It was extra-time and they went a goal down. It got to the final few minutes of extra time and fans started leaving early. Southend equalised in the final minute to take the game to pens. Cue the Sky camera changing to show Wembley Way (that is, the road leading up the stadium) and the fans that just left running to try and get back in the stadium. Southend won on penalties and got promoted.

Imagine if you was that fan who walked out early, got home early, turned on the news, and found out your team scored a last min equaliser and won a penalty shootout.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla
Posts : 19996
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Klopp: "I felt pretty alone in this moment.." Empty Re: Klopp: "I felt pretty alone in this moment.."

Post by Guest Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:09 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:It's a problem throughout England at the moment, and one that's hard to understand. Fans complain about paying too much for tickets, but then walk out on the game with 10 minutes to go and the result in the balance.

Last night, we equalise late against Spurs, and have a good 15 minutes to chase a winner. With 5 mins to go the stadium starts to empty. This is a damn North London Derby, one of the biggest games of the year. People have paid £60 to come watch and they prioritise getting home fractionally earlier over potentially seeing their team win. Don't know about the rest of you, but if I shelled out £60 for the ticket, I'm staying to the very end and clapping the team off regardless of the result.

Amy Lawrence actually wrote a piece about this today for the Guardian.

A more hilarious/facepalm worthy example of this happened with my local club, Southend, last season. They were in the League 2 play-off final. It was extra-time and they went a goal down. It got to the final few minutes of extra time and fans started leaving early. Southend equalised in the final minute to take the game to pens. Cue the Sky camera changing to show Wembley Way (that is, the road leading up the stadium) and the fans that just left running to try and get back in the stadium. Southend won on penalties and got promoted.

Imagine if you was that fan who walked out early, got home early, turned on the news, and found out your team scored a last min equaliser and won a penalty shootout.


Is £60 seen as a lot? I know people in the United Kingdom are generally paid less than people in America, but as a tourist there a lot of places they had us going we spent a lot more than £60 pound on some nights out.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Klopp: "I felt pretty alone in this moment.." Empty Re: Klopp: "I felt pretty alone in this moment.."

Post by RED Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:11 pm

It's not only about fans leaving early, I'm sure he's also perplexed at how Anfield is as quite as a wake. Most overrated support in world football.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 10249
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Klopp: "I felt pretty alone in this moment.." Empty Re: Klopp: "I felt pretty alone in this moment.."

Post by jibers Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:11 pm

Welcome to England.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 10236
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Klopp: "I felt pretty alone in this moment.." Empty Re: Klopp: "I felt pretty alone in this moment.."

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:16 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:[..] People have paid £60 to come watch and they prioritise getting home fractionally earlier over potentially seeing their team win. Don't know about the rest of you, but if I shelled out £60 for the ticket, I'm staying to the very end and clapping the team off regardless of the result.

Amy Lawrence actually wrote a piece about this today for the Guardian.

Thanks for the article link. Interesting, I'll quote it again as it fits so well
http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/nov/09/english-football-early-leaving-syndrome?CMP=share_btn_tw

money quote
Amy Lawrence wrote: Paradoxically, the more expensive the ticket, the likelier the early leaver.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 34037
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Klopp: "I felt pretty alone in this moment.." Empty Re: Klopp: "I felt pretty alone in this moment.."

Post by Jay29 Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:27 pm

Betty La Fea wrote:Is £60 seen as a lot? I know people in the United Kingdom are generally paid less than people in America, but as a tourist there a lot of places they had us going we spent a lot more than £60 pound on some nights out.

It's a high enough price to instigate fan protests. £60 is about average for a top tier fixture like Arsenal/Spurs. Some would have paid more for the really good seats. Throw in obscenely overpriced stadium food and the cost of travelling (train tickets would cost around £20, for example) and it adds up to an expensive day/night out.

Ticket prices are certainly a joke when compared to Bundesliga prices.

Hapless_Hans wrote:Thanks for the article link. Interesting, I'll quote it again as it fits so well
http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/nov/09/english-football-early-leaving-syndrome?CMP=share_btn_tw

money quote

The whole thing at the Emirates last night is made all the more weirder when, after the goal went in, the fans were the loudest and most atmospheric they've been in ages. Then five minutes later they were gone. Like they thought their work was done or something.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla
Posts : 19996
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Klopp: "I felt pretty alone in this moment.." Empty Re: Klopp: "I felt pretty alone in this moment.."

Post by free_cat Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:32 pm

I always stay until the end. Except once, I left a little bit earlier because it was decided in our favour, and I missed the 5-2 vs. Lyon.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 8546
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Klopp: "I felt pretty alone in this moment.." Empty Re: Klopp: "I felt pretty alone in this moment.."

Post by Guest Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:01 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:Is £60 seen as a lot? I know people in the United Kingdom are generally paid less than people in America, but as a tourist there a lot of places they had us going we spent a lot more than £60 pound on some nights out.

It's a high enough price to instigate fan protests. £60 is about average for a top tier fixture like Arsenal/Spurs. Some would have paid more for the really good seats. Throw in obscenely overpriced stadium food and the cost of travelling (train tickets would cost around £20, for example) and it adds up to an expensive day/night out.

Ticket prices are certainly a joke when compared to Bundesliga prices.


I think a large part of that is that Germany is a much cheaper place to live than the UK too. Premier league tickets cost more than bundesliga because living in the uK costs more.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Klopp: "I felt pretty alone in this moment.." Empty Re: Klopp: "I felt pretty alone in this moment.."

Post by Freeza Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:22 pm

Didn't know there were Madrid fans in Liverpool
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 23421
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Klopp: "I felt pretty alone in this moment.." Empty Re: Klopp: "I felt pretty alone in this moment.."

Post by Arquitecto Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:18 pm

Of course he felt alone and rightfully so.

Liverpool and the cauldron of Anfield that was the banner of England in Europe and pride of the nation in its fandom has simmered down to similarly what Emirates stadium is, a pathetic fanbase which you can hear the camera rolls and nuts being chewed over what once was.

Anfield ever since Rafa's final year, settled its atmosphere down as it once more lit up in the same season King Kenny returned, only to show its true face on conditional fans.

How? The old guard which was composed of people from Clubmoor, County, the Greenbanks and Riverside that were middle class representative of the loudest, fearless and most passionate fans have now become millennial instant gratification social media goons who not only pay attention truly to the game yet see it more as a novelty.

The old guard and faithful singing kopites remain as our fanbase overall still is amazing yet gone are the days where "Fields of Anfield Road" and "You'll Never Walk Alone" were sung so loud that you could hear them over the crowd as thus shutting the song down to let them carry the tune. Take a look at the Kop, half of them are our generations gutless goons who cross their arms and look upon fear as if singing will kill them, with their dear-in-headlights glare and fearful over the shoulder glances. It wont get any better as us getting better should not JUST be the reason for our incremental increase in decibel.

Klopp obviously hasn't followed since his heydays of watching Liverpool or probably some cherry picked memories far away from recent years as the man is naïve to think he'd experience the same, especially coming from a club with a bigger and better stadium, better home and away fandom coalition by A MILE, far louder and more consistent regardless of the result and just an overall better atmosphere.

I always feared his reaction of disappointment when he came down to Anfield, only to be severely underwhelmed that its not what he thought in his mind to how he glorified it. Sadly, what he came to see one of the biggest reasons he came to LFC.

And fans leaving in the middle of a game despite our search for an equalizer, with a new and proven coach who has shown promise and results so far in the BEGINNING of his tenure.

It has me embarrassed and ashamed to see that as a Liverpool fan.

And I disagree with you KSA, as we aren't overrated as what our fanbase was, had been easily amongst Europe's best, as we would be overrated if rated like what you see, rated now. Yet the attention going off from LFC and general interest has had people fail to catch up to how underwhelming our atmosphere has been.

Anfield is historical and YNWA is magical even though nowhere near as loud as before yet only so long we can hang onto those branches until it breaks and we fall into the category of Emirates, Stamford Bridge and Etihad.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Sociedad
Posts : 11790
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Klopp: "I felt pretty alone in this moment.." Empty Re: Klopp: "I felt pretty alone in this moment.."

Post by rwo power Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:53 pm

Well, here's the fan future for you:
Spoiler:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko
Posts : 20978
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Klopp: "I felt pretty alone in this moment.." Empty Re: Klopp: "I felt pretty alone in this moment.."

Post by Guest Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:16 am

rwo power wrote:Well, here's the fan future for you:
Spoiler:
That looks really cool.

We can't have stuff like that over here. It would be hacked to show porn, or to write racial abuse, if it was technology in Football stadiums Laughing

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Klopp: "I felt pretty alone in this moment.." Empty Re: Klopp: "I felt pretty alone in this moment.."

Post by iftikhar Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:58 am

rwo power wrote:Well, here's the fan future for you:
Spoiler:
Sad No pale
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 9346
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 50

Back to top Go down

Klopp: "I felt pretty alone in this moment.." Empty Re: Klopp: "I felt pretty alone in this moment.."

Post by RED Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:09 pm

Arquitescu wrote:Of course he felt alone and rightfully so.

Liverpool and the cauldron of Anfield that was the banner of England in Europe and pride of the nation in its fandom has simmered down to similarly what Emirates stadium is, a pathetic fanbase which you can hear the camera rolls and nuts being chewed over what once was.

Anfield ever since Rafa's final year, settled its atmosphere down as it once more lit up in the same season King Kenny returned, only to show its true face on conditional fans.

How? The old guard which was composed of people from Clubmoor, County, the Greenbanks and Riverside that were middle class representative of the loudest, fearless and most passionate fans have now become millennial instant gratification social media goons who not only pay attention truly to the game yet see it more as a novelty.

The old guard and faithful singing kopites remain as our fanbase overall still is amazing yet gone are the days where "Fields of Anfield Road" and "You'll Never Walk Alone" were sung so loud that you could hear them over the crowd as thus shutting the song down to let them carry the tune. Take a look at the Kop, half of them are our generations gutless goons who cross their arms and look upon fear as if singing will kill them, with their dear-in-headlights glare and fearful over the shoulder glances. It wont get any better as us getting better should not JUST be the reason for our incremental increase in decibel.

Klopp obviously hasn't followed since his heydays of watching Liverpool or probably some cherry picked memories far away from recent years as the man is naïve to think he'd experience the same, especially coming from a club with a bigger and better stadium, better home and away fandom coalition by A MILE, far louder and more consistent regardless of the result and just an overall better atmosphere.

I always feared his reaction of disappointment when he came down to Anfield, only to be severely underwhelmed that its not what he thought in his mind to how he glorified it. Sadly, what he came to see one of the biggest reasons he came to LFC.

And fans leaving in the middle of a game despite our search for an equalizer, with a new and proven coach who has shown promise and results so far in the BEGINNING of his tenure.

It has me embarrassed and ashamed to see that as a Liverpool fan.

And I disagree with you KSA, as we aren't overrated as what our fanbase was, had been easily amongst Europe's best, as we would be overrated if rated like what you see, rated now. Yet the attention going off from LFC and general interest has had people fail to catch up to how underwhelming our atmosphere has been.

Anfield is historical and YNWA is magical even though nowhere near as loud as before yet only so long we can hang onto those branches until it breaks and we fall into the category of Emirates, Stamford Bridge and Etihad.


First and foremost, +1 on a top post. Secondly, I said overrated because you'd be amazed at how many people place Anfield, in general, among the best atmospheric stadiums in England, even Europe,  when that couldn't be further from the truth in this and day and age.

In the past? Of course, I'm not denying it, it's why the stadium gained such a rep. I think perhaps it's that kind of rep that has the board complacent in not trying to solve the issue, look into introducing a singing section, appropriate better links to transportation around the ground so people won't look into leaving early to dodge traffic, etc.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 10249
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Klopp: "I felt pretty alone in this moment.." Empty Re: Klopp: "I felt pretty alone in this moment.."

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum