Giving religious education for Under 15 children should be banned - Page 3 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Giving religious education for Under 15 children should be banned

+13
Unique
McLewis
Tomwin Lannister
Cruijf
futbol
El Gunner
rwo power
DuringTheWar
Great Leader Sprucenuce
DeletedUser#1
Freeza
RealGunner
Adit
17 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Giving religious education for Under 15 children should be banned - Page 3 Empty Re: Giving religious education for Under 15 children should be banned

Post by futbol Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:56 pm

Stupid teacher. "God moves in mysterious ways" could've answered all your questions. hmm

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Giving religious education for Under 15 children should be banned - Page 3 Empty Re: Giving religious education for Under 15 children should be banned

Post by rwo power Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:58 pm

She tried that. That was when I told her that she was obviously teaching religion because she was too stupid for maths and natural sciences. I admit she was not amused... XD
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:59 pm

rwo power wrote:She tried that. That was when I told her that she was obviously teaching religion because she was too stupid for maths and natural sciences. I admit she was not amused... XD

lmaoooooooooooooooo

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:02 am

I had to spend the rest of that class outside on the corridor, but I didn't really feel I was missing out on anything  XD

They really should have given me extra maths or chemistry classes instead of religion and textile design. The poor teachers suffered badly from me XD
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:13 am

Was that in elementary school? Luckily I had the choice between religion classes or "Lebenskunde" (whatever the English translation is).

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:19 am

No, it was in the 5th and/or 6th form in the Gymnasium*. As I was on paper "Protestant" (actually "evangelisch") until 14, I was unfortunately not allowed to skip religious education.

I always envied one of my school mates who had no religion from birth and another who was muslim, as they were allowed to take a "Freistunde" (they could hang around at school without having to attend the class).

Fortunately I could take philosophy later when I was allowed to leave the church at age 14.

*) "Gymnasium" is the highest secondary school branch in Germany where you can make the Abitur at the 13th (and nowadays 12th) form.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:45 am

rwo power wrote:Well, for example

- "Why is god against magic when it is obvious that Jesus works with magic to heal people?"

- "Why are the evangelists contradicting each other, if the Bible is considered the word of god - and when they were only humans writing this down, then how can it be considered the word of god?"

- "Why is Maria considered a virgin even after giving birth, because at least then she can't technically be a virgin anymore"

- "If there are intelligent alien lifeforms out there which very likely look very alien, wouldn't that mean there are either different gods that formed the different species after its own design or none at all and everything just evolved without the need of any god?"

(yeah, I have learned to read with science-fiction novels, astronomy books and books about medicine, hence I knew a bit more about such stuff than the average school kid XD)

- "Why didn't the bible god already show up to the Aztecs or Aborigines, if he originally created the world from scratch?"

- "Why are people suffering from diseases and accidents even if they are committed, pious believers?"

- "Why did god play games with the devil and allow Hiob to be tortured and made to suffer, just to placate his ego?"

Well, stuff like that. You can imagine that a normal teacher was not really prepared to deal with stuff like this. ^^
yep. they are hard questions for them to answer. my brother just went with this. if adam and eve were the first people on earth then wouldent it be incest when they had kids. and if so does the bible say incest is ok. needless to say that put them on the spot.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:01 am

Actually I mentioned that Adam and Eve thing, too - and I added that only sons were mentioned as their kids, so did Eve also have further kids with her sons, or how exactly were things going after Paradise XD
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:15 am

rwo power wrote:Actually I mentioned that Adam and Eve thing, too - and I added that only sons were mentioned as their kids, so did Eve also have further kids with her sons, or how exactly were things going after Paradise XD

Jesus that's extreme Laughing
The Bible world was like Game of Thrones eco smile
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:49 pm

I have a question.

How can someone consider themselves muslim if they don't really practice it? Isn't it the whole point?

You're either something or you're not.

If you're muslim...you shouldn't drink, you should do prayers 5 times a day (wash your feet before all), don't eat pork, don't touch any muslim women or see them without hijab unless they are your sister/legal wife/mom/aunt/grandmother....etc. You should also go after anyone who used to be Muslim but converted out, because they are "Ka'faar" and according to Quran and Hadiths have to be killed

If you want to be proud of that religion...you should put up with the demands.

O I AM MUSLIM, BUT LET'S HAVE A GLASS OF WHISKEY !! doesn't wash...I'm sorry.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:52 pm

It's not just about Islam...actually all religions.

I'm here visiting family in Texas....and I went on Tinder.

literally half the girls' profiles : "CHRISTIAN, LOVE GOOD, JESUS AND FAMILY, PROVERB 24:3" etc, yet their camel toe is flashing in their photos and they are on the site that is designed for casual sex before/after marriage.

Very Happy I love how people want to be remembered as religious, without doing the stuff the religion requires them to do !!!

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:04 pm

"religion is the opiate of the masses"

all religion is evil, because they were made for one thing only; power

it blinds people. wake up
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:23 pm

FennecFox7 wrote:"religion is the opiate of the masses"

all religion is evil, because they were made for one thing only; power

it blinds people. wake up

Those are all platitudes, I think most of us have heard them 100 times before.

Anyway what wrong with opiate?

"Sport is the opiate of the masses"

If you've seen middle age to old age fans still acting like adolescent children, who have spent most of their intellectual life arguing "x is overrated" "y is crap" "we need a new striker", etc, you know that statement is equally true Very Happy
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:40 pm

DuringTheWar wrote:"Sport is the opiate of the masses"
"Bread and circuses" anyone? Very Happy

I guess the point is that more wars were fought in the name of religion than in the name of sport. Although in some countries, the fans' attitude comes close ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:26 am

I'd gone through 3 religions by the time I was 15 Laughing

Started in the Japanese church, stopped going to church when I figured I didnt really like what I was reading in the Bible. Quit all together when the pastor told me, and I appreciate him for being honest with me like a good man, that my cousin chrissy was in hell for killing herself from being bullied at school.

Attended a Masjid for a bit. Nice people, but I never really quite fit in there culturally.

Settled on the practice of nichiren around 14-ish, and have been quite content with it.

My uncle is dating a single mother from my families church, and the kid(about 9) asked me yesterday why I don't go to church. I just told him we all believe in different things, and that if it works for a person, let them have it. He looked confused when I told him I was a buddhist, but he quickly said "ok" and started talking about some other random topic. Whether or not a kid learns religion, they are probably better off if they are given an education that values in evaluating the world around them through an objective lens.

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:35 pm

Betty La Fea wrote:My uncle is dating a single mother from my families church, and the kid(about 9) asked me yesterday why I don't go to church. I just told him we all believe in different things, and that if it works for a person, let them have it. He looked confused when I told him I was a buddhist, but he quickly said "ok" and started talking about some other random topic. Whether or not a kid learns religion, they are probably better off if they are given an education that values in evaluating the world around them through an objective lens.

I really wish these kinds of conversations were the only ones kids had when they ask about religion. We of course don't know if the kid ended up actually thinking about it, because he's friggin' 9 years old, but I kind of feel like there's a lesson in your comment that everyone should learn.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:05 am

VivaStPauli wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:My uncle is dating a single mother from my families church, and the kid(about 9) asked me yesterday why I don't go to church. I just told him we all believe in different things, and that if it works for a person, let them have it. He looked confused when I told him I was a buddhist, but he quickly said "ok" and started talking about some other random topic. Whether or not a kid learns religion, they are probably better off if they are given an education that values in evaluating the world around them through an objective lens.

I really wish these kinds of conversations were the only ones kids had when they ask about religion. We of course don't know if the kid ended up actually thinking about it, because he's friggin' 9 years old, but I kind of feel like there's a lesson in your comment that everyone should learn.

He probably didnt think about it, but I hope what I said was able to be stuck somewhere hidden deep inside his mind.

His mom is a pretty hardcore Christian though so we'll see if it stuck when he gets older.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3