McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

The Walking Dead III - Page 7 Empty Re: The Walking Dead III

Post by Firenze Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:47 pm

one of the best episodes in the entire show  IMO

a lot of ppl were calling Morgan a bitch for his actions so it was great to see how his mindset and principles formed, shot up to one of the best written characters in the show over the course of 60 minutes.

this season's definitely been the strongest so far for me, just so long as no Glenn resurrection.

The actor that played Eastman is great, only seen him in a handful of things over the years unfortunately.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:11 pm

Firenze wrote:one of the best episodes in the entire show  IMO

a lot of ppl were calling Morgan a bitch for his actions so it was great to see how his mindset and principles formed, shot up to one of the best written characters in the show over the course of 60 minutes.

this season's definitely been the strongest so far for me, just so long as no Glenn resurrection.

The actor that played Eastman is great, only seen him in a handful of things over the years unfortunately.

Agreed 100%. Except for the timing of the episode, this should have been in S5.

GOAT episode. Literally and figuratively.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:20 pm

great episode followed by just plain fking lazy writting.

Eastman just happens to push morgan away and getts bitten, instead of just poking a hole through the walker's skull Laughing Mad Rolling Eyes rofl rofl :facepalm:
MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:33 pm

seeing a lot of ppl hating on the episode surprisingly (although the acting performances are being universally acknowledged as great) I mean, I think a lot of people just wanted to see the aftermath of the Glenn situation so they feel frustrated (tbh I feel like an episode like this was needed now, the action has been relentless so far this season, a flashback allows us to take a much needed breather, without disrupting the current timeline) and also, I see people trying to argue that Morgan's way of living is wrong and that it's costing people their lives, it's like the entire exchange at the end with the guy he told the story to was lost on them. This is just Morgan's way of doing things, it saved him, of course he's going to hold onto that. You don't have to agree with it, but at least appreciate the insight we were given into his character ffs.

The writing was unusually strong for this show lol, be interested to see who penned the episode or if it was the usual ppl.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:30 pm

I definitely enjoyed the episode.

Sure, I mean, it was difficult not to want to see how the situation from the previous episode continued, I understand that some fans will be disappointed that they're being made to wait how the real important stuff unfolds.

That said, this was a great episode. There was something about Eastman that made him an interesting character and how things developed between him and Morgan was very well written. It was a long episode with seemingly little happening, but I didn't feel bored at any point.

On Morgan: I agree with Firenze, this episode did wonders to Morgan as a character. It completed his character arc and put some serious depth in him. And it was all very credibly written and presented. Before this episode I was feeling a little bit that I can't take Morgan seriously with his "all life is precious" philosophy, but now it's much easier to understand and accept. It's been basically a choice between that or insanity for him.

In the back of my mind I'm already thinking how he will clash with Rick & co. and/or what will be Morgan's final fate. It's obvious that the current Rick and the current Morgan cannot happily co-exist. They are going to clash, I'm just wondering how dramatic it will be. Could easily see Morgan's philosophy lead to someone's death in Rick's group. Ffs, he almost already left that house's door unlocked where that Wolves guy had just told him he's going to kill every Alexandrian if he just can!
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:52 pm

The character development and acting in this episode was phenomenal. Thought it would be a filler just to stall Glenn's fake death but damn I was impressed how good this filler was.

Eastman's character was fantastic (Eventhough his death was awful). When he was talking about that guy killing his family, that sudden change of tone and atmosphere was quite impressive.

People are salty because they have to wait another week to see what happened with Glenn lol.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:55 pm

Firenze wrote:seeing a lot of ppl hating on the episode surprisingly (although the acting performances are being universally acknowledged as great) I mean, I think a lot of people just wanted to see the aftermath of the Glenn situation so they feel frustrated (tbh I feel like an episode like this was needed now, the action has been relentless so far this season, a flashback allows us to take a much needed breather, without disrupting the current timeline) and also, I see people trying to argue that Morgan's way of living is wrong and that it's costing people their lives, it's like the entire exchange at the end with the guy he told the story to was lost on them. This is just Morgan's way of doing things, it saved him, of course he's going to hold onto that. You don't have to agree with it, but at least appreciate the insight we were given into his character ffs.

The writing was unusually strong for this show lol, be interested to see who penned the episode or if it was the usual ppl.

Art Morte wrote:I definitely enjoyed the episode.

Sure, I mean, it was difficult not to want to see how the situation from the previous episode continued, I understand that some fans will be disappointed that they're being made to wait how the real important stuff unfolds.

That said, this was a great episode. There was something about Eastman that made him an interesting character and how things developed between him and Morgan was very well written. It was a long episode with seemingly little happening, but I didn't feel bored at any point.

On Morgan: I agree with Firenze, this episode did wonders to Morgan as a character. It completed his character arc and put some serious depth in him. And it was all very credibly written and presented. Before this episode I was feeling a little bit that I can't take Morgan seriously with his "all life is precious" philosophy, but now it's much easier to understand and accept. It's been basically a choice between that or insanity for him.

In the back of my mind I'm already thinking how he will clash with Rick & co. and/or what will be Morgan's final fate. It's obvious that the current Rick and the current Morgan cannot happily co-exist. They are going to clash, I'm just wondering how dramatic it will be. Could easily see Morgan's philosophy lead to someone's death in Rick's group. Ffs, he almost already left that house's door unlocked where that Wolves guy had just told him he's going to kill every Alexandrian if he just can!

Yea agreed with that.

Eventhough I still think Morgan Vs Rick is a red herring and things might not go faction vs faction in the end. Specially with the amount of enemies out there.

Morgan might try to bring back Rick to sanity though. However I really hope he fails doing that. Rick atm is the BEST rick in any season. Giving him the same teaching as Eastman gave to Morgan won't work and shouldn't work.

Can definitely see Morgan dying soon though. Doubt he'll last.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:06 pm

I can't shake this feeling that Morgan is going to cost to Rick's group. There are just way too many indicators that they're dropping in that direction.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:10 pm

Could be

Eventhough I think Rick is going to cost the group.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:37 pm

Longest Walking Dead episode ever :yawn:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:20 pm

Firenze wrote:I see people trying to argue that Morgan's way of living is wrong and that it's costing people their lives, it's like the entire exchange at the end with the guy he told the story to was lost on them. This is just Morgan's way of doing things, it saved him, of course he's going to hold onto that. You don't have to agree with it, but at least appreciate the insight we were given into his character ffs.

At the point we'd reached with Morgan (Wolves attacking, no insight given into how Morgan went from psycho to monk so easily), his tone sounded self-righteous, especially when we're used to the savage dog-eat-dog world the Ricktatorship lives in. Now that we got his back story, it's more understandable.

It's not about right and wrong but we've seen that trying to do good in a bad world backfires, as does being a savage at times. But, overall, we've had precious few moments of kindness being repaid like it was with Morgan and Eastman or Michonne and Rick or anyone being trusted really.

Did like the episode a lot, really disliked how they killed off Eastman. Can't tell if an episode like this confirms Morgan's safety for the rest of the season or that they're fattening his character before an inevitable slaughter.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:21 pm

Btw, anyone notice Steven Yeun (Glenn) wasn't included in the opening credits?
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:29 pm

Anyone seen the filming pics for the 2nd part of the season making the rounds? Some heavy spoilers there.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:45 pm

This episode has wiped out the little doubt left in my heart that I might be wrong about Morgan and that he may very well turn out to be a smart, together guy.

Dude is the human form of the Black Death. You want your community to crumble? Bring in Morgan and watch it burn.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:10 am

MJ wrote:Can't tell if an episode like this confirms Morgan's safety for the rest of the season or that they're fattening his character before an inevitable slaughter.

A part of me wants Morgan in the show long-term, another part would like to see his downfall this season, because it has potential to be epic.

I'd like them to make more episodes like this one, btw. Think about if Eastman had lived and had joined Alexandria together with Morgan. Now, what a character introduction that would have been! An instant emerge of an intriguing character with lots of potential for different story arcs. Instead we get a random dude (Heath) showing up at the gate, hear Eugene make lame jokes about their hairstyles and, boom, that's your new character in the show.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:14 am

urbaNRoots wrote:Anyone seen the filming pics for the 2nd part of the season making the rounds? Some heavy spoilers there.

instant ban if you post it here
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:35 am

By the way is the name Eugene now 100% stereotyped as someone who's a bit mentally and socially challanged in modern pop culture hmm
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:32 am

El Gunner wrote:By the way is the name Eugene now 100% stereotyped as someone who's a bit mentally and socially challanged in modern pop culture hmm

Confirmed: the 'E' in El stands for Eugene.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:04 pm

And just like that my internet alias has been compromised.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:19 pm

So just watched the Morgan episode. My god why the *bleep* they had to make 1 hour long. This could have been done in 40 minutes. I understand they had to do this at one point this season with Morgan to give him the backstory because last time we saw him he was a lunatic but they dragged it. Eastman was a good character but killing a skilled martial artist like that rofl

I felt worse for the goat tbh.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:38 pm

Bit of a meh episode IMO. Weakest so far.

Nothing really happened and it was all about the aftermath.

Rick got laid which was good I guess. Maggie's best performance in years.

Those Sewer Walkers were easily the best part of the episode. Amazing art work

Carl and Kid A fight rofl rofl rofl I mean Carl who has been through years of fighting zombies n shit couldn't fight against this random scrub kid rofl

Deanna giving Rick the ownership of Alexandria though Proud Proud Proud

Glenn????????????????????? What is this???????
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:02 pm

LMAO loved that Glen part.

Best thing about this episode. These guys are serious trolls.

The rest was distinctly average. This season was due one though so no complaints from me.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:04 pm

RealGunner wrote:
Nothing really happened and it was all about the aftermath.  

Maggie's best performance in years.

Glenn????????????????????? What is this???????

It was a bit of a non-event, this episode, but I was expecting that after the lightning fast start to the season. Yeah, it was a bit boring, but I think a breather episode like this was needed, too. My favorite thing was how the Alexandrians are starting to crack.

I didn't really find anything good about Maggie's performance, but the writing for her continues to be terrible. Her lover and the father of her unborn child is probably dead, but there was hardly any proper reaction from her. Weak acting, but also weak writing. She's lost her father, sister and now boyfriend yet it looks like none of that has any serious effect on her character. It's just awful, the worst part is that now that it was revealed she's pregnant, I'm afraid they might not kill her off.

Didn't like how they continued to be vague about the Glenn situation.

Also was surprised to see Rick just running for the gate after the last time we saw him he was trapped in the motor-home, getting surrounded by walkers. A bit cheap to bail him out of that situation without any explanation.

I'm expecting the next episode be about Daryl, Abraham and Sasha (and maybe close the Glenn file for good), since they didn't feature here and their situation is very much open. It could be good stuff.

Last edited by Art Morte on Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 19 ... 31  Next