VendettaRed07
McAgger
Tomwin Lannister
S
73 posters

Page 13 of 23 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 23  Next

Go down

Where will Sterling be next season ?

OFFICIAL :  Raheem Sterling joins Man City - Page 13 Vote_lcap7%OFFICIAL :  Raheem Sterling joins Man City - Page 13 Voting_bar 7% 
[ 2 ]
OFFICIAL :  Raheem Sterling joins Man City - Page 13 Vote_lcap4%OFFICIAL :  Raheem Sterling joins Man City - Page 13 Voting_bar 4% 
[ 1 ]
OFFICIAL :  Raheem Sterling joins Man City - Page 13 Vote_lcap4%OFFICIAL :  Raheem Sterling joins Man City - Page 13 Voting_bar 4% 
[ 1 ]
OFFICIAL :  Raheem Sterling joins Man City - Page 13 Vote_lcap56%OFFICIAL :  Raheem Sterling joins Man City - Page 13 Voting_bar 56% 
[ 15 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
OFFICIAL :  Raheem Sterling joins Man City - Page 13 Vote_lcap19%OFFICIAL :  Raheem Sterling joins Man City - Page 13 Voting_bar 19% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 27

OFFICIAL :  Raheem Sterling joins Man City - Page 13 Empty Re: OFFICIAL : Raheem Sterling joins Man City

Post by Curtinho Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:35 pm

Yeah I don't see Sterling flopping at City. They are very well set-up to support his talents. I don't think he'll ever become one of the best players in the world, but they don't need him to. They already have Aguero, Silva and Touré around him. He's going to be in a similar situation to what he was with Rodgers and Suarez -- but he's older, more experienced and more physically mature. Chances are City will really enjoy him, and for a long time...especially since they won't be relying on him to be their main, or even secondary, goal threat.

Unless of course the fame and money outside of football affect his on-field play. Impossible to know what direction that stuff goes though.

That said Firmino is the better, more proven player (as long as he can translate his Bundesliga form to the EPL), and we got him for half the price. Still good business either way, though obviously you'd rather Sterling actually want to be at Liverpool and develop there.

Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL :  Raheem Sterling joins Man City - Page 13 Empty Re: OFFICIAL : Raheem Sterling joins Man City

Post by chad4401 Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:48 pm

manu fans returning to their former glory, now their toying with madrid for a goalkeeper Proud
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:53 pm

Unique wrote:
El Cujo wrote:

To be honest Origi looked phenomenal today. May have even been our best player. Lots of effort, pressing, good link-up and was the centre of a lot of scoring chances. If he can remain composed he will score a lot of goals with that kind of movement/on ball/physical ability. I don't think I can confidently sit tight without buying a reliable goal scorer to play striker, but I hope Origi gets a lot of games as striker this season. He looks a nice fit for the team and will link up incredible with Firmino and Coutinho IMO.
tbh origi was class today. cheers

Glory wrote:Cant understand the fuss. Liverpool has 3 strikers already on top of another 2 seemingly wasteful ones (balo and lambert). What are they planning to do with Ings and Origi if they sign yet another starting cf. Mind you they dont have cl this term and so the fixture list will be comparatively lesser than last year. EDIT : sorry, forgot about Europa league entirely.

IMHO should give Origi a chance, see what he can do before jumping in to sign another striker. He fits their system far better than someone like Benteke I think. And then theres Ings who is underrated.

Clever move would be to use the sterling money on strengthening their defense, so that they wont have to play someone like Can everytime out of position.
And Thats also because the striker market right now is crap.
Pool are in much better situation than they think they are imo in regards to their strike force.
We united need addressing the issue far more than them actually.

:coffee:

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:59 pm

The only issue is that if it doesn't work out the manager's job is on the line. It's a huge gamble to take especially after last season. As much as I like Origi, and I also really like Ings, it's too much of a risk for almost any manager to take. He's almost in a position where he has to buy a striker with a decent pedigree.

Though if he does take the risk and it pays off it would be amazing. Could then put money towards midfield/defence as you said.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:09 pm

RealGunner wrote:

they even have sky blue paper for contracts rofl
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:20 pm

Getting so much money by a player who doesn't want to stay and he 's not going to renew it's an uneal deal tbh for Liverpool
Besides he should cost the half than this at least ... How much has spent City for Mangala, Bony and Sterling ? Shocking :facepalm:
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:22 pm

Who lost this war?
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:24 pm

Robespierre wrote:Getting so much money by a player who doesn't want to stay and he 's not going to renew it's an uneal deal tbh for Liverpool
Besides he should cost the half than this at least ... How much has spent City for Mangala, Bony and Sterling ? Shocking :facepalm:

Well Robes, it's a great deal, only if we actually spend the money wisely. Which we most likely won't do.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:27 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Who lost this war?
Everyone involved. QPR won.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:44 pm

I'll bet Seppi's sister that Markovic will be the better player than Sterling in about 3-4 years.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:50 pm

RedOranje wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:Who lost this war?
Everyone involved. QPR won.

I dunno, you could look at it like QPR sold a ÂŁ50m player for ÂŁ10m.

I'm hopeful that we won and City lost. We'll see.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:28 pm

Sterling: "The thing that excites me the most is the world class squad we have and knowing we have a team that is capable of winning things year in, year out"

All he cared about was being a contender every years and wasn't about the money, Sterling :wub:

Sterling: "He [Joe Hart] told me what a really good football club this was and how nice the fans are."

Proud
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:31 pm

nasir6371 wrote:Sterling: "The thing that excites me the most is the world class squad we have and knowing we have a team that is capable of winning things year in, year out"

All he cared about was being a contender every years and wasn't about the money, Sterling :wub:

Sterling: "He [Joe Hart] told me what a really good football club this was and how nice the fans are."

Proud

Dat rubbing it in Laughing
Inb4McEggz
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:40 pm

What did City win last season? Laughing Big fat nada just like Liverpool.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:47 pm

nasir6371 wrote:Sterling: "The thing that excites me the most is the world class squad we have and knowing we have a team that is capable of winning things year in, year out"

Proud
true. Im sure I read somewhere sterling took a pay cut to join city.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:49 pm

Don't call me James wrote:What did City win last season? Laughing Big fat nada just like Liverpool.

It's not about one season, it's about contending every year which City does.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:53 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Don't call me James wrote:What did City win last season? Laughing Big fat nada just like Liverpool.

It's not about one season, it's about contending every year which City does.
do you or anyone els think adding sterling will make city a better team than chelsea or see them win the Champions league.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:56 pm

Adding Sterling WILL make them a better team. But they will have to add more players to try and be better than Chelsea. Which they will now do probably.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:58 pm

RealGunner wrote:Adding Sterling WILL make them a better team. But they will have to add more players to try and be better than Chelsea. Which they will now do probably.

fancy a forum bet.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:05 pm

TBH I don't get why Liverpool fans here all of sudden act like Sterling is some scrub who wasn't one of their best players.

Sure he played your asses and went about a lot of stuff the wrong way, but don't misplace that anger on degrading the dude's ability and potential.

Are we going to have to listen to you guys whining everyday for the rest of this season when Sterling inevitably adds quality to this City team? No, *bleep* off mates.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:08 pm

El Gunner wrote:TBH I don't get why Liverpool fans here all of sudden act like Sterling is some scrub who wasn't one of their best players.

Sure he played your asses and went about a lot of stuff the wrong way, but don't misplace that anger on degrading the dude's ability and potential.

Are we going to have to listen to you guys whining everyday for the rest of this season when Sterling inevitably adds quality to this City team? No, *bleep* off mates.
this comming from a arsenal fan. Arsenal fans are still booing ex players that left in 1975. And lets not forget how much stick nasri. Rvp. Cesc. Ade. And countless others get from arsenal fans.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:09 pm

RealGunner wrote:Adding Sterling WILL make them a better team. But they will have to add more players to try and be better than Chelsea. Which they will now do probably.

City's problem was that the players weren't consistent and plaers like Yaya weren't pulling their weight. Chelsea aren't that good, the other teams were just poor.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:14 pm

[quote="jibers"]
RealGunner wrote:Adding Sterling WILL make them a better team. But they will have to add more players to try and be better than Chelsea. Which they will now

City's problem was that the players weren't consistent and plaers like Yaya weren't pulling their weight. Chelsea aren't that good, the other teams were just poor.
a lge and cup double and champions league semis. Yeah chelsea are rubish
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:17 pm

Unique wrote:
El Gunner wrote:TBH I don't get why Liverpool fans here all of sudden act like Sterling is some scrub who wasn't one of their best players.

this comming from a arsenal fan. Arsenal fans are still booing ex players that left in 1975. And lets not forget how much stick nasri. Rvp. Cesc. Ade. And countless others get from arsenal fans.

Stop your phrasing mate! Don't pull me into a pool with my collective noun, pls quote me bitching about those players on here.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:18 pm

Selling potential bench player for 50m Proud I was just commenting on his interview. Idgf what he does at City. He'll be decent because he's a decent player. But never world class to improve them to win trophies year in year out.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:20 pm

El Gunner wrote:
Unique wrote:

Stop your phrasing mate! Don't pull me into a pool with my collective noun, pls quote me bitching about those players on here.
so of the thousends of arsenal fans that do it your one of a few that dont. What are the chances of that. Slim to bullshit im guessing.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 23 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 23  Next