How would you rate 14/15 football season? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

How would you rate 14/15 football season?

+14
Red Alert
Kick
DeletedUser#1
rwo power
The Franchise
RED
BarrileteCosmico
McAgger
guest_07
VendettaRed07
Winter is Coming
futbol
Kaladin
RealGunner
18 posters

Go down

Rate

How would you rate 14/15 football season? Vote_lcap20%How would you rate 14/15 football season? Voting_bar 20% 
[ 4 ]
How would you rate 14/15 football season? Vote_lcap30%How would you rate 14/15 football season? Voting_bar 30% 
[ 6 ]
How would you rate 14/15 football season? Vote_lcap25%How would you rate 14/15 football season? Voting_bar 25% 
[ 5 ]
How would you rate 14/15 football season? Vote_lcap15%How would you rate 14/15 football season? Voting_bar 15% 
[ 3 ]
How would you rate 14/15 football season? Vote_lcap10%How would you rate 14/15 football season? Voting_bar 10% 
[ 2 ]
How would you rate 14/15 football season? Vote_lcap0%How would you rate 14/15 football season? Voting_bar 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 20

How would you rate 14/15 football season? Empty How would you rate 14/15 football season?

Post by RealGunner Tue 26 May 2015, 22:40

General football over the top leagues and Cl/EL included

I thought the season was a bit shit tbh. Not as good as the season before. Kinda glad it is over.

However there were quite few high points. The incarnation of MSN, Messi taking over from Enrique after their fallout in Jan, Madrid losing to Juve, Juve making the CL final, La Liga's top 4 in general were great to watch, Sanchez lighting up the PL in his debut season and Dnipro Dnipro making EL final much to robes' amusement.

But like I said, it wasn't particularly a memorable season. Only La liga managed to provide enough quality while entertainment obviously came from PL.

Discuss
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

How would you rate 14/15 football season? Empty Re: How would you rate 14/15 football season?

Post by Kaladin Tue 26 May 2015, 23:01

0/10 would not watch again
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

How would you rate 14/15 football season? Empty Re: How would you rate 14/15 football season?

Post by futbol Tue 26 May 2015, 23:15

GOAT Liga was superb as usual. Madrid looking like beasts at the start of the season with DAT 22 game winning streak and their best Clasico performance in ages in October, looking ready to dominate. Meanwhile Barca dropping points against Moyseh. But then Coachessi takes over and the rest is history. Proper title race up until the 2nd last day. Valencia and Sevilla battling it out for 4th place. I think both played their best season in ages and despite losing out on top 4 Sevilla still have the chance to make the CL through the EL. The top 5 have been all great in GOAT Liga. Molenation

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Tue 26 May 2015, 23:15

Obviously if we win the treble it'll be one of those unforgettable ones for Barca fans, but I agree other then La Liga, every other league titles was decided in New Years, with exception of Ligue 1, expect PSG eventually run away with it.

CL was a bit entertaining I'd say. Didn't watch too much EL so can't really comment on that.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Tue 26 May 2015, 23:28

Worst premier league season I think I've seen. Every single "big" or important match was awful offered like no drama and were generally lacking in action. CL was meh, but the final could be good.

MLS is probably the best it's ever been now, but still pretty lacking in comparison to what it should be.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue 26 May 2015, 23:32

Premier League was dire. Last season Liverpool offered quality and Moyseh offered entertainment. This season it's just been dire all around. Chelsea the only quality team objectively but subjectively with trademark Mourinho shit on a stick football. Liverpool and United unwatchable for most of the season. Arsenal just the usual Arsenal. A stretch where it's "Wenger out" mode and everyone is injured, a proper title challenge out of question and the trademark early CL bottlejob in full force. Then around March they get their shit together and go on a winning streak to secure 3th/4th place for good and it's "Wenger in, only 1 or 2 signings away from winning the league" mode again. Rinse repeat. Southampton deserve respect. Pardiola deserves knighthood. Everyone else irrelevant.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Tue 26 May 2015, 23:33

although epl was not as exciting as before, here are

The five best Premier League games of 2014-2015

Everton 3 Chelsea 6, August 30

Sweeping forward with an almost reckless abandon, Jose Mourinho's reshaped Chelsea struck twice in the first three minutes as they fired a warning to their title rivals at Goodison Park. Sparked by the astute signings of Diego Costa and Cesc Fabregas, Chelsea showed why they were already established as the pace-setters in a title race they would eventually win at a canter. Brazil-born Spain striker Costa netted in the first and last minutes at Goodison to provide a fitting coda to a result that foreshadowed Chelsea's march to their first Premier League title since 2010.

Arsenal 2 Manchester City 2, September 13

Displaying an abundance of attacking talent and more significantly, the frailties that would eventually undermine their respective title challenges, two of the league's most eye-catching teams served up a cracker at the Emirates Stadium. Sergio Aguero gave City the lead mid-way through the first half, but Jack Wilshere and Alexis Sanchez -- giving an early glimpse of what would prove a fine debut season -- struck after the interval for the Gunners. That should have been enough to ensure a winning Arsenal debut for Danny Welbeck, fresh from his transfer from Manchester United, but City defender Martin Demichelis bagged an 83rd-minute equaliser for the defending champions.

Leicester City 5 Manchester United 3, September 21

Louis van Gaal's startled expression spoke volumes after the new Manchester United manager's first real experience of the chaotic nature of the Premier League. It had already been a rocky start for Van Gaal in his first season in charge, but even the well-travelled Dutchman could not have expected a meltdown of the magnitude that United experienced against promoted Leicester at the King Power Stadium. Leading 3-1 after a dominant opening, featuring a superb scooped strike from club-record signing Angel di Maria, United then capitulated, leaking four goals in 21 second-half minutes as they were run ragged by former non-league forward Jamie Vardy. Incredibly, it was the first time in 853 Premier League matches that United had let a two-goal lead turn into a defeat.

Queens Park Rangers 2 Liverpool 3, October 19

With three minutes left at Loftus Road, Liverpool looked on course for a fairly unmemorable 1-0 victory courtesy of a Richard Dunne own goal -- then all hell broke loose. First, Chile forward Eduardo Vargas equalised with his first goal for QPR, then Philippe Coutinho restored Liverpool's lead in the 90th minute. There was still just enough time left for a sensational twist in the tale when Vargas levelled deep into stoppage time, only for Steven Caulker's own goal to hand Liverpool the points with virtually the last touch of a breathless finale.

Tottenham Hotspur 5 Chelsea 3, January 1

A brilliant demolition of Chelsea's previously impregnable defence served as a spectacular coming-of-age party for Tottenham striker Harry Kane. Playing as though they were still suffering a hangover from the New Year's Eve celebrations, the Blues could not cope with the power and lethal finishing of 21-year-old Kane in just their second defeat of a season with few other bum notes. Kane struck twice either side of a Danny Rose goal and an Andros Townsend penalty, giving rampant Tottenham a lead that even their occasionally porous back four could not squander. Nacer Chadli sealed victory for Spurs, with Costa, Eden Hazard and John Terry netting in vain for the visitors.

http://english.astroawani.com/sports-news/football-five-best-premier-league-games-2014-2015-60700

Last edited by guest_07 on Tue 26 May 2015, 23:33; edited 1 time in total

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue 26 May 2015, 23:33

Awful. Terrible season for PL. Garbage title races in almost all leagues. CL was decent. Didn't even get any outrageous goals or anything. Just meh.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue 26 May 2015, 23:35

Inb4 this becomes a "How do you feel about your team's performance this season?" thread

La Liga: 11/10, the fight had two teams fighting til the very end, Xavi got a proper send off and even CR was happy with the result after he secured his pichichi once the league was lost

Premier: 3/10 Every team's level seemed to take a significant dive except for Chelsea, who secured the league in late February after City went through a bad streak. Some teams surfaced as a result of this (notably Southampton) and our lord and savior Kane has emerged for the first time, but the quality of the football was generally poor by everyone. The fact that United was able to make the Top 4 says everything you need to know.

Ligue 1: 9/10 Great title race by 3 teams, tons of excitement and Bielsa going full Bielsa from 1st place to EL finish.

Serie A/Bundesliga: 1/10 over before it started
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue 26 May 2015, 23:38

I would give Bundesliga 2/10. Dortmund in relegation places for a while in the middle of the season was an entertaining sight.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue 26 May 2015, 23:44

Meh. average. 6/10. A mixture of lows and highs. A sea of dull uninspiring football, baffling line-ups and subs by LVG and the highs of doing the double over Liverpool, that comedy win at the Emirates and that run of form where we played some cracking football starting from the win v Spurs to the spanking we gave City.

Achieved the bare minimum by getting top 4. Next season will and should be a different story for a club with United's aspirations.

As for the league- 2/10. worst season in years. Chelsea won the title back in October. Top 4 was settled in November. Relegation was mildly interesting.

Just awful.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed 27 May 2015, 00:54

PL had the double whammy sadly. Low quality teams and low entertainment value in the big games.

The City - Arsenal game was a refreshing change if only because Arsenal finally woke up to the reality of how to defend in big games which was a pleasant surprise. But overall, low entertainment.

Somehow despise their quality players and inventive coach, Man Utd game were quite boring. That was disappointing. Winning games is a different matter what I can forgive them for not doing, but I dont get how the football wasnt interesting.

Basically I am repeating all of what Futbal said.

The CL though was interesting for me. Monaco and Arsenal, PSG and Chelsea and Bayern vs Barca were 3 sets of games I look back on fondly, each had a "story".

The Monaco and Arsenal was how disrespected Monaco were yet how stout they were in defence with so dangerous on the counter, and even looking the better passing team at some crazy moments in the game.

PSG and Chelsea, Ibrahimovic unjustly ruled out, decisions going against PSG...then Chelsea old boy Luiz becomes a hero.

Barca and Bayern with Pep's crazy first 15 minutes tactics produced one hell of a first game. In my opinion the most open semi final 1st leg I have seen in longer than I can remember. The amount of space as amazing. Then a power struggle with Barca coming out on top.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed 27 May 2015, 02:23

My favourite goalie lead Gladbach to their first ever CL run. What's not to like about that? cheers
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed 27 May 2015, 02:59

Sad indicament when my favourite part of the season were early rounds of EL qualifiers, cheering for Icelandic and Kazakhstani teams, and being enraged that Legia Warsaw were cheated on vs. Celtic.

August was my favourite month of the season, and I believe that says it all.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed 27 May 2015, 08:28

I liked it.

But it could have been better, certainly.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed 27 May 2015, 09:37

Natalie Portman wrote:Sad indicament when my favourite part of the season were early rounds of EL qualifiers, cheering for Icelandic and Kazakhstani teams, and being enraged that Legia Warsaw were cheated on vs. Celtic.

August was my favourite month of the season, and I believe that says it all.

You were quite loud in January / Feb. hmm
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed 27 May 2015, 10:18

Off course, if you are PL fan you will say it sucked, because all PL teams sucked in europe. Also, the league was as good as done since January. This same happened in Italy and Germany.

But for me, it was a fantastic season. I enjoyed inmensely the game Schalke almost kicked out Madrid at the Bernabeu and off course the Juve knockout, and Barça's run in all the CL was unparaleled.

League season was competed and with emotion until the last games either, and with a lot of quality. The first half of the season Madrid and Atletico played very well, and in the second half it was Barça.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed 27 May 2015, 10:19

Not bad overall. Main problem was most of the leagues had run away winners with no intrigue of the title race. But still interesting for the CL/EU places. Quite standard stuff in the other comps and overall. I remain satisfied especially with Barca in the current position Smile
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed 27 May 2015, 11:27

I echo the sentiments about the Premier League. The the title race was over around February as City dropped off and the other possible contenders were a long way off and had been all season, so Chelsea winning it became a formality. The top four looked exciting for a while but typically Spurs, Southampton and Liverpool couldn't sustain a challenge so it ended up being the usual suspects. The less said about Europe, the better.

Obviously a lot of the stronger clubs were poor in the first half of the season and by the time they started getting their act together it was too late to make a significant impact on the season. No matter how much Sky tried to hype up the run-in, there were only two or three significant games, at best.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed 27 May 2015, 11:59

BarcaLearning wrote:Quite standard stuff in the other comps and overall.
Other than Bayern winning, the BL was actually no standard stuff whatsoever. Or did you expect Dortmund in the relegation places for a long time during the first half, Schalke completely imploding and dropping out of the CL places together with Dortmund, while Wolfsburg and Gladbach went on record runs plus unfancied Augsburg reaching 5th place?
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed 27 May 2015, 12:57

Even as a proud Premface I'm going to have to agree the Premier League season was shite.

No title race.
No top-4 race.
Only a few memorable matches & moments.
Even the relegation battle was underwhelming.

Leicester's survival run and Pardew at Palace were the best things this season. Says it all.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down