Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Milan - Roma Empty Re: Milan - Roma

Post by Dante Sat May 09, 2015 9:19 pm

that goes without saying . It's quite obvious how much the rest of the players enjoy working with each other in order to create . they try stuff ffs

and the score. lol Roma

the tilt is real

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat May 09, 2015 9:19 pm

Totti Proud
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat May 09, 2015 9:43 pm

Good match lads.

Honda roasted us all game. Absolutely furious with Torosidis over on that left hand side.

That penalty was rubbish honestly. Poor mistake from Tagliavento. We didn't deserve that goal as Lopez even guessed correctly.

That said, Milan showed up and did well. Good on you for rising to the occasion and taking advantage.

Good luck in the rest of your matches this season.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat May 09, 2015 9:48 pm

That was surprising...
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat May 09, 2015 9:59 pm

Honda was very good tonight , yes. Did his part and more , i would say. Also enjoyed Van Ginkel , even though Roma should have defended better than that on his goal.

The absence of Menez really is a blessing in disguise for us , at least in this game it was . Quite strange to see us playing a legit good game after all this time , but i'll take it. As for Roma , i think 'tilt' is the correct word here .

I really didn't expect this result tonight . I saw positive characteristics and finally some good moments here and there. Some football ffs , as it was , i am glad we did something and didn't just stand on all 4 like we usually do after the first half.

But really , despite the improved display by the team ; i think Roma just wasn't there tonight . It didn't really feel like we were playing the true Roma , to their full potential , or form . Still happy to see that we won , but not particularly excited or anything for the next games.

This has happened before , we won a good team and then we drag our feet for a series of games , because #justMilanthings

whatever the case , we have literally nothing to play for . A win in a derby , no matter it's quality , is always and forever welcomed , but yeah , even if we won all games till the end of the season it won't change the outcome of this pathetic season.

P.S

I still don't understand why Roma bought Doumbia.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun May 10, 2015 1:01 am

Dante wrote:
I still don't understand why Roma bought Doumbia.

My sources on Garcia's WhatsApp group say that Doumbia made Garcia win the treble with Montpellier in his FIFA 15 manager mode.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun May 10, 2015 1:46 am

Great post Dante. Unfortunately i was unable to watch the match as i was 39000 feet in the air. appaling win, i heard that Inzaghi got sent off? Laughing
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun May 10, 2015 3:08 am

Hoooly shiiiit we're BACK BABY
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun May 10, 2015 4:05 am

Who would've thought that Destro would score when given the chance to lead the line for once? Rolling Eyes
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sun May 10, 2015 2:27 pm

HONDA Proud
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun May 10, 2015 2:40 pm

Casciavit wrote:No Menez = better team performance

hmm

I always thought Menez was a great player. I wanted to know Milan's fans opinions on him, whether is he actually a bad player (and in which aspects exactly) or could he be mismanaged?
Myesyats
Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun May 10, 2015 3:00 pm

He started the season well, as with most of our players, and was even diligent enough to defend with the team as a whole. Nowadays he trods around the pitch when he loses the ball or complains, falls down etc. He's also selfish in his play, and isn't mindful of others. He been our source of goals though, and we usually deploy the 'pass to Menez and hope he does something special'. Its a love/hate thing, i couldn't care if he left this summer, we'll look for others. He let too much get to his head this season imo
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by celikmilan Sun May 10, 2015 10:36 pm

I am not so much for selling him. He just need players to play with and a coach who's gonna tell him when to stay or when to take reins in his hands. Plus, a coach who are gonna put him on the bench when necessary.
celikmilan
celikmilan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sun May 10, 2015 11:13 pm

Just saw the game. Overall a surprisingly good performance, although the result obviously means nothing.

Great to see us finally playing some good football though. We moved the ball well, defended with discipline, committed men on the break and were dangerous, and controlled large portions of the game. Like I said, it means absolutely nothing, but it was refreshing to see a team that has played awful football so consistently play like we did yesterday.

Van Ginkel and Honda especially were very good. I hope we can hold onto Van Ginkel for another season or even buy him outright; he's been treated very poorly by Pippo and was unfortunate with that injury but when given chances he's shown promise. Honda is kind of a bittersweet thing, because I love Suso and I want to see him develop, and unless we switch to a 4-2-3-1 next season it'll be an either/or thing with them two.

Absolutely love the new kits by the way, although I still don't get the deal with the logo Laughing
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sun May 10, 2015 11:15 pm

Also, on the topic of Menez, he can't get out fast enough as far as I'm concerned. He's ruined way too many promising attacks because of his selfishness to justify the few moments of magic he's produced. As today showed, we play much better without a wannabe Messi strolling around the pitch anyway.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Thu May 21, 2015 1:46 pm

I shan't dwell on this game for long given that it's no longer recent but I just wanted to note a few observations.

Unsurprisingly, Menez's absence did wonders for our combination play. Interestingly, we saw Destro drifting out to the right fairly regularly and taking the ball down against the fullback and inviting the overlap with Bonaventura regularly coming inside from the left into the centre when this occured and a midfielder pushing up into the channels. It's interesting that we didn't see this in the following game against Sassuolo, I suspect due to Peluso's superior aerial ability compared to Torosidis, but it functioned as an excellent way to involve Destro more often in the game and rendered Astori's aerial prowess pointless at times.

It was an impressive result but not always an impressive performance but Roma fortunately only threatened in spurts. Early in the game, Pjanic was causing us a lot of trouble drifting in between the lines of midfield and defence with Poli failing to keep proper tabs on his movement. The situation essentially resolved itself however with Gervinho being replaced by Ljajic due to injury which altered Roma's structure in attack and Poli faired much better there after. We were most fortunate that it was not Iturbe - or even Verde - who was sent on at first. When Iturbe did arrive, his pace was a highly potent threat with Bocchetti struggling at left back against a true winger and we were fortunate to hold onto our lead. Had Antonelli been able to continue we might have held up better but we fundamentally failed to react as a side and it was a good thing that time was on our side.

Honda and Van Ginkel were of course the standouts. Honda's work on the counter was excellent, though twice he failed to find Poli on the break which might have helped us to put the game to bed but he had already done much to win it for us. Van Ginkel had his best game for us since his performance against Sampdoria and I'm glad he grabbed a goal, though I don't envision any future for him in Milan.

Despite the result, it was still hard to be all together happy after the match. We've nothing to play for and I'd have been more pleased with a better performance overall but seeing the team prove that we can win tough matches and look better with Menez was a victory in itself. Hopefully the ball hog leaves for Monaco in the summer.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down