Valkyrja
Great Leader Sprucenuce
BarrileteCosmico
StrugaRock
RealGunner
36 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Official: Real Madrid sign Danilo - Page 3 Empty Re: Official: Real Madrid sign Danilo

Post by Donuts Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:27 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Donuts wrote:gotta admire's portos transfer history though the profits they have made make me tear up when i look back at barca's.

You won't admire it as much when you realise the large majority of their sales goes to third parties and so does the large majority of money spent.

Porto's way of doing things is nice in theory but it's nowhere near as outstanding as media will have you believe.

i admire any club that doesn't buy an injured player whose yet to play his first game in and it's april.
or a club that doesn't buy an unknown such as douglas..

Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Official: Real Madrid sign Danilo - Page 3 Empty Re: Official: Real Madrid sign Danilo

Post by farfan Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:33 am

Donuts wrote:gotta admire's portos transfer history though the profits they have made make me tear up when i look back at barca's.

You won't admire it as much when you realise the large majority of their sales goes to third parties and so does the large majority of money spent.

Porto's way of doing things is nice in theory but it's nowhere near as outstanding as media will have you believe.

they don't spend that much really .

the third party owners usually cash in after porto sells the player to other european suckers .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:25 am

That's my point......

They don't spend as much as they would do because it's partially paid for by a third party, same reason why a large percentage of sales doesn't go to them.

Just like Atletico on a lot of their south American deals, they got hardly any of the money Monaco paid for Falcao.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:28 am

Donuts wrote:

i admire any club that doesn't buy an injured player whose yet to play his first game in and it's april.
or a club that doesn't buy an unknown such as douglas..

Actually, Douglas was known... as complete shit. It wasn't a scouting issue but more of a corruption deal.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Pip Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:39 pm

Danilo is much better offensively than Carvajal. Unless something strange happens in the next season, I expect Danilo to take the starting position.

Pip
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:48 pm

Since when do you measure defenders by their offensive output??? No wonder Ramos is regarding as one of the best CBs if not the best by some and not real no nonsense defenders like Pepe

Actually I just checked his stats he has similar outputs to Carvajal offensively. Tiny winy higher numbers but they are so small it wouldn't make a difference

Not only is Carvajal a better defender than him but he is as good offensively. Meh another Coentrao. All hype no substance. At least I hope he isn't as injury prone as the Portuguese. We could have just as easily bought Rafael Da Silva for a fraction of that price share Danis workload in 10-20 games which I am sure he'd be capable of
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:55 pm

he's better technically hala...  Bale/Carvajal are truly poor passers with low footy iq (although Carvajal is better).

This is another result of Bale being who he is.  With Carvajal, we are a non-threat on the right because the duo doesn't work.  Danilo is able to create more...  like most Brazilian fullbacks, he's like a midfielder playing fullback.  

I hate it because this is caused by Bale.  You put James in front of Carvajal and there would be no reason for this... but since we bought Danilo, it means that Bale is going nowhere soon and Carvajal is being sacrificed.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:57 pm

Hala talking like Caravan is some sort of defensive beast and he's seen Danilo on a regular basis Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:14 pm

Bitch please I saw Danilo before he was known. When he was still a little boy playing in that poverty Brazilian League.

@Sport, why is having Carvajal there a problem? He is super defensively and we have never really relied on our RB for nearly 6-7 seasons now maybe more. We have the better players on the left hence Marcelo has many outlets. Danilo will be equally"poor" when he comes. It's impossible to form any sort of understanding with Bale. Put Marcelo there and it'd be the same

We have more pressing needs than splashing out on an unneeded player in a luxury position.

halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:15 pm

i dont think we signed Danilo with the grand thinking that he would improve Bale play on the right or anything like that.

looks more simple to me. It's all about improving depth at fullback, and if we are going to sign another player, we might as well go for what's considered top tier talent at the position. Danilo is that at the moment.

Next is left back, and so the links with Alaba and Gaya

@Hala, Carvajal isnt that imo as you paint him to be imo. at least, he doesnt do enough to differentiate himself from most fullbacks. quality is dire at the position worldwide, and he does nothing outstanding. poor crossing, poor passing, average defender, not great in the air. what he has, it's fantastic quickness and aggressiveness.

personally, i cant stand the way teams target him on crosses, hopefully danilo correct that.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:20 pm

Until Carlo retreats into his "rotate??? Aint nobody got time for dat" attitude................. When that happens we are going to have one very unhappy player on the bench. A player in Gaya's mould would've been perfect. A very good players who nobody gives a fck about if he is benched. Both Danilo and Carvajal are one step from being perma starters for their NTs and when one gets to play all the big games we are all going to clock on who Carlo prefers and the press will have a field day making up drama. I mean they've already started with their "Carvajal is ready to listen to offers" bs

@ nick, he has the best defensive stats in our team. Could be level with Pepe haven't checked his. His passing is very good but like any other defender with no outlet passes the ball back all the time. His frosses can be better I agree but apart from that he is great. He is a great header for a short player and nearly always wins his duels. If anything he could be the best RB in the world right now. Only in the world of perfection is he lacking a tiny bit

Last edited by halamadrid2 on Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:20 pm

And that's the issue Hala...  our over-reliance on the left side of the attack has killed us against the top teams over the past 7 years for the most part.  Also, Ronaldo is no longer the Ronaldo of before...  he can't force the issue.  We need balance on the attack.

You don't spend 30+ mil for depth...  just like we didn't spend 30+ mil on Coentrao for depth.  If Coentrao wasn't perma-injured, Marcelo would be gone.  Danilo is coming in to start and he will be given a chance to win the job.

I don't think Danilo is going to cover Bale btw... but Flo is stubborn.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:24 pm

Carvajal is not the second coming of Djalma Santos, lol, Azpilicueta is the best spanish fullback atm (right or left), carvajal, unless he massively gets better is not benching him. If Carvajal wants to go, he can go, we will replace him lol

Last edited by Mr Nick09 on Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:25 pm

No our tendency to concede goals is that kills us in big games and our poor finishing. Apart from that we needn't improve anything in terms of positions bar that RW
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:27 pm

But Nick... why create a problem where there is none. Shouldn't we be looking at CM help? The whole "block Barca" reason is stupid if true. Unless it's a generational player, you can't block all the good players from going to your rival.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:29 pm

How long have i been talking about improving fullbacks sports? this is fine to me, the deal was only made official because porto are quoted, and there was competition, so we closed it. It's not a problem at all.

The CM help will come in the summer, nothing has changed.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:30 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Carvajal is not the second coming of Djalma Santos, lol, he isnt not even better than Azpilicueta. he is not close to starting for spanish NT. If Carvajal wants to go, he can go, we will replace him lol

Nick at it again with his grass is greener on the other side bs

I remember you fapping all over Bale before he signed until reality came creeping forward and slapped you across the face

We dont live in Fifa world were we buy new players when we feel like it. We have a a team that should be continually played together to gain better chemistry not break it up every year when we find the new hyped up player

"If Carvajal wants to go he can go" seriously?????

What in the world has this world come to

halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:36 pm

me flapping all over bale, that's some delusional shet you are spitting lad.

I didnt say carvajal can "feck off", stop rewordings the things that i say, it's ridiculous. that's how high your integrity arguing with someone go?

I am all for bringing the best talents and having the best players possible in the squad. Carvajal hasnt competed with anyone for his role, virtually everyone else has. His turn, if he wins it out, i will be delighted, but i dont feel like he is some kind of generational talent we need to cater or protect.

and yes, i am a Real Madrid fan lol, get off your high horse, i will defend my opinion. i have no reason to think the same way you do. If Carvajal is not happy with the situation and doesnt want to compete, he can go. we will sign someone else. Mario Gaspar is having a terrific season too
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:52 pm

@Nick, I reworded it. My bad I read it incorrectly

Do you really want me to dig up the quotes. I really cba but if you insist I can...

My problem is not the player its the whole concept of having two very good RBs rotating with eachother when both are good enough to start. The rotation wont last and one of these promising players will leave. Compare this to Gaya for example, comes in for 15 mill with nobody but LaLiga fans knowing who he is. A very good LB who could fill in for Marcelo when he needs rest and one we could have for many many years. Mark my words in two seasons we will be in the market for another "back up" RB because one left. Why make our lives harder when we could by a RB in Gaya's mould and be done with that position for at least half a decade

I am aware you dont like our fbs and called Siquera better than Marcelo just this past summer Laughing so I know your stand regarding this very subject so I'll just say agree to disagree

I am too happy right now. NO BALE FOR OUR NEXT GAME. *bleep* YEES....
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:37 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Carvajal is not the second coming of Djalma Santos, lol, Azpilicueta is the best spanish fullback atm (right or left), carvajal, unless he massively gets better is not benching him.  If Carvajal wants to go, he can go, we will replace him lol

This is the attitude that made our team lose its identity. You dislike Perez's policy, but in reality you are influenced by it. We can't replace everyone. Sell Carvajal, sell Ramos, sell Marcelo, sell everyone that actually give their all every time they play and feel pride for wearing this jersey. We praise to the sky mercenaries like this Danilo guy or Coentrao who besides being a douchebag played 3 good games in his entire Madrid career which overshadowed tons of bad and average performances. Juanito wouldn't have been a Madrid player in this era.

Last edited by Valkyrja on Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:39 pm

yes, go ahead wasting your time looking for me "flapping" all over bale lol.

Of course the rotation wont last, you do it to weed out the better talent. You create rotation when your starter is not a dominant player in his role and you look to improve that position. Quality at RB is globally dire, so i appreciate the intent of this move, it's all about improving. Carvajal hasnt "earned" spot, he just took over from a disastrous arbeloa.

Im pretty sure Gaya is well known, and he too would come in the same spirit, to compete with Marcelo, although, Marcelo is playing the best stretch of his career.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:43 pm

i'm going to miss arbeloa Sad
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:48 pm

Valkyrja wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:Carvajal is not the second coming of Djalma Santos, lol, Azpilicueta is the best spanish fullback atm (right or left), carvajal, unless he massively gets better is not benching him. If Carvajal wants to go, he can go, we will replace him lol

This is the attitude that made our team lose its identity. Sell Carvajal, sell Ramos, sell Marcelo, sell everyone that actually give their all every time they play. We praise to the sky mercenaries like this Danilo guy or Coentrao who besides being a douchebag played 3 good games in his entire Madrid career which overshadowed tons of bad and average performances. Juanito wouldn't have been a Madrid player in this era.
time to grow up lad. these guys play professional sports, they are paid to perform and to "give their all" lol. Or maybe Ramos gives his all when he takes a break every season and plays like Albiol, i dont know.

THey are all mercenaries, just look at Ramos hustling to get a huge contract lmao.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:30 pm

I don't mind the Danilo signing... what i do mind is that it all but guarantees that Bale is going nowhere. So the incremental improvement is negligible if at all.

That said, with both Coentrao and Arbeloa gone this summer, we do need depth at fullback. So after CM, i do see this as a need.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Pip Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:05 am

I really like Danilo. Is a very good player. But he plays good in Portugal, not for NT, not in a top division. That is the only reason he has question marks from me. But I think playing for Real Madrid will help hide the indecisions he makes.

I agree with the people before who says Carvajal is not a very good offensive right back. I did not notice much that he is targeted during set pieces but I will try to see those scenes more often. It is interesting because they are both so young.

Pip
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:17 am

Carvajal is a surprise for me because he was known as an offensive fullback at Castilla...  his defense was questionable.  Then he spends 1 year in Bundi and becomes the opposite Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next