McAgger
Jonathan28
zigra
urbaNRoots
BarrileteCosmico
25 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 3 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:12 pm

There's a redditor who's received screeners for the first 4 episodes of S5 and is doing a Q&A.

Some mindblowing stuff for book readers who despise the showm Laughing

"Olly, fetch me the sword" instead of "Edd, fetch me a block" rofl

urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 3 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:21 pm

Is this the thread?

http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/31buih/spoilers_all_qa_re_season_5/

Looks like he has either deleted the comments or the moderators have
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:28 pm

Yeah that's the one, you can still see his anwsers here http://www.reddit.com/user/IncognitoFromWOTW

Sansa is marryimg Ramsay for real, and Brienne goes North...
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:40 pm

I don't belive this till I see it on screen.

Just in case it is: Worst show ever.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:41 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Yeah that's the one, you can still see his anwsers here http://www.reddit.com/user/IncognitoFromWOTW

He deleted all his answers. Oh well.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:49 pm

Meh, WatchersOnTheWall made a big deal out of it, they aren't supposed to spoil plot points.

Fro, what I remember:

Stannis's nod to Jon is in,
Jaqen H'gar returns as the Kindly Man
Margaery/Tommen consumate their marriage
Barristan tells Dany stuff about Rhaegar/Aerys
Mace Tyrell is Master of Ships and Coin, Qyburn is Master of Whisperers and Kevan is Master of War (probably Law)
Before Tyrion is abducted by Jorah he's having sex with a girl who looks like Dany (rofl), straight from ADWD.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:51 pm

Btw in that GURM interview he said that he hopes to beat S6, not that it definitely won't be out in 2015.

The dream is alive.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:53 pm

I hope we get a release date atleast in 2015. He's talking TWoW a lot recently which makes me kinda confident he's not far away.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:16 pm

Christmas 2015 would be great.

And Ados one year later.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:23 pm

zigra wrote:Christmas 2015 would be great.

And Ados one decade later.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:04 pm

Yeah ADOS will really take 10 years considering GURM won't have any deadlines.

The part about "a new twist that has arisen organically and would involve 4 or so characters" is really interesting. This is why I don't think the show=series from this point outward, GURM himself doesn't even know where it's going.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:41 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Yeah that's the one, you can still see his anwsers here http://www.reddit.com/user/IncognitoFromWOTW

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 3 Yzy4yqoh

D&D pls don't do this
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:56 pm

F off if Sansa is marrying Ramsay.

I am sure they introduced fake Arya?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:00 pm

Yeah, of that, I am sure Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:03 pm

D&D are clearly doing their own thing now, which is fine, but the problem is whenever D&D start deviating away from the source material, the writing starts to turn to shit Laughing
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:54 pm

Can Marxist theory predict the end of Game of Thrones?

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2015/apr/06/marxist-theory-game-of-thrones-lannisters-bankers-sex-power-feudal-westeros-revolution?CMP=share_btn_tw

Interesting article. BC, you'll like it.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:57 pm

Interesting but I disagree with the conclusions. I really doubt that it will be a change in the system but just a rearrangement of the current order. I suppose Stannis succeeding would prove this article right, as the bank backed Conte see for the throne, but I don't think anyone really believes that he will succeed.

Also westesteros will not get discovered in the last 2 books.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:26 am

But now, in the first four episodes of the fifth season, it’s clear that the show has made its decision, and is asserting itself fully as its own entity, keeping Martin’s intricate framework intact, of course, but now unafraid to tell new stories. For a while I thought that I might not watch this season, because I didn’t want anything that might be in the upcoming (right, George?) sixth book spoiled for me on the show. I also just didn’t trust television, even creatively assured television like Game of Thrones, to tell as complex and layered original stories as the books. Well, I’m glad the demands of my job (such heavy demands!) ultimately required me to watch the new season, because I suddenly don’t really care if I’m going to get spoiled. (And, really, likely wouldn’t even know for sure that I was getting spoiled until the next book comes out, which at this rate won’t be until I’m old and senile anyway.) It’s actually rather exciting not knowing where the story might be heading, to watch the show almost as someone who’s never read the books has watched the last four seasons. Bring on the new stuff, I say, as long as it’s this good.

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/04/game-of-thrones-season-5-review

Like I've been saying for a while, it looks like we won't know the difference between a book spoiler and a new tv show arc.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:23 am

This is by far the greatest thing that I have ever read.

http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/30mat2/spoilers_all_ddt_a_neverbeforeseen_theory/
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:05 pm

I just finished ADWD so I can start the show in peace.

I refuse to believe Jon is dead. Someone pls hold me Sad
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:23 pm

No way Jon Snow is dead Soul, at least not permanently. There are many theories on what will happen to Jon:

-The last phrase is "he never felt the fourth, only the cold" which could signify that he is not dead, just that the Others are coming

-If you read the ADWD prologue carefully you can see that a warg can get a 2nd life in their animal, thus Jon could still be alive within Ghost.

-It is thought that Mel could do a Thoros and raise Jon from the dead, possibly sacrificing Shireen's king blood.

The last 2 could work together.

If you have never read the theories or stuff people have come up with, you could spend hours reading this:

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/79775-a-compendium-of-theories/

Especially read R+L=J
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:56 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:No way Jon Snow is dead Soul, at least not permanently. There are many theories on what will happen to Jon:

-The last phrase is "he never felt the fourth, only the cold" which could signify that he is not dead, just that the Others are coming

-If you read the ADWD prologue carefully you can see that a warg can get a 2nd life in their animal, thus Jon could still be alive within Ghost.

-It is thought that Mel could do a Thoros and raise Jon from the dead, possibly sacrificing Shireen's king blood.

The last 2 could work together.

If you have never read the theories or stuff people have come up with, you could spend hours reading this:

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/79775-a-compendium-of-theories/

Especially read R+L=J

Thanks BC

I've been reading part 1 of this GL thread and the theories discussed are amazing; makes me wish I read the books earlier so I could have joined.

Which one's your favorite? I think the resurrection by Mel seems plausible
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:05 pm

Still hoping that Others are not the bad guys and Jon Snow lead the army of others against dictator denaerys
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:08 pm

The flames crackled softly, and in their crackling she heard the whispered name Jon Snow. His long face floated before her, limned in tongues of red and orange, appearing and disappearing again, a shadow half-seen behind a fluttering curtain. Now he was a man, now a wolf, now a man again. But the skulls were here as well, the skulls were all around him. Melisandre had seen his danger before, had tried to warn the boy of it. Enemies all around him, daggers in the dark. He would not listen.

I believe Jon warged Ghost when "he never felt the 4th, only the cold" just like Varamyr felt the cold in the Prologue. Melisandre then heals his body or resurrects or him or whatever, but in Winds I'm sure we'll see Jon in Ghost for a while.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:14 pm

RealGunner wrote:Still hoping that Others are not the bad guys and Jon Snow lead the army of others against dictator denaerys

I thinks it's plausible that Jon could turn heel, I mean how good can you remain when you get stabbed in the back by your own "brothers" but I don't see how the Others can not be the bad guys.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:43 pm

I was a big fan of high septon = Howland Reed but that one has been shot down by Elio Garcia (superfan and collaborator of GURM) so it's unlikely to happen. Now I'd say I'm pretty for Jon Snow finding Rhaeghar's harp in Lyanna' s crypt.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next