iftikhar
mr-r34
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Pre-Season Tour 2015 Empty Pre-Season Tour 2015

Post by mr-r34 Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:44 pm

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/177650-2015-tour-annoucement

iverpool FC today announced that the club will be returning to Australia in July as part of their 2015 pre-season tour.

The first team will play games in Adelaide and Brisbane - the Reds' very first visit to these two cities.

They will kick off in Queensland against Brisbane Roar at the Suncorp Stadium on Friday July 17, and then face Adelaide United at the Adelaide Oval on Monday July 20.

Liverpool's fixtures in Queensland and South Australia are just one element of a programme of activity that the club is delivering in 2015 to bring Australian fans closer to the team they support

So much lost opportunity not getting this in sydney FML, going to make me travel to a ghost town and then a big country town.

You going to go RA?
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Pre-Season Tour 2015 Empty Re: Pre-Season Tour 2015

Post by iftikhar Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:21 am

I think they should have kept at least one from Sydney, Melbourne and Perth. Anyway, I guess they will also tour some Asian countries as well. Hope they don't make the schedule too heavy and spare enough time for recuperation & preparation for the season opening.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:53 am

So instead of going to Syd/Melb where all the people/supporters at, they decide they're going to South Australia? rofl Is there even 95k people living in Adelaide ffs?

Queensland is fair enough, decent weather, decent girls, decent state. But South Australia????? I mean ffs.

mr-r34 wrote:

You going to go RA?

Wouldn't mind going to Queensland tbh, but I might be in Bali in July. :\ You going?
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:48 am

Going to try do both TBH, still pissed sydney missed out, i got Splendour in the grass like 1 day after the brisbane game FFS.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:47 am

Is there even 95k people living in Adelaide ffs?
Doesn't Adelaide has a population of 1.2 million Suspect !!!

May be, they are trying to capture markets that's still ignored by other clubs. But like I said, they could/should have kept one of the big cities.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:23 am

They'll pack out Adelaide Oval, don't you guys worry.

We almost packed it out when Malaga came Laughing
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:04 pm

Kick wrote:They'll pack out Adelaide Oval, don't you guys worry.

50K+ capacity, not bad :coffee: . But long way off from ANZ No .

BTW, do they host football at MCG???
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:43 am

iftikhar wrote:

50K+ capacity, not bad :coffee: . But long way off from ANZ  No .

BTW, do they host football at MCG???

They only host cricket and Australian Rules football, not European football (so, soccer).

The Liverpool game there was a one off because it's the biggest capacity stadium in Melbourne.

iftikhar wrote:
Is there even 95k people living in Adelaide ffs?
Doesn't Adelaide has a population of 1.2 million  Suspect !!!

May be, they are trying to capture markets that's still ignored by other clubs. But like I said, they could/should have kept one of the big cities.

Adelaide's an empty hole.  Very Happy

All 80 of you. :coffee:

mr-r34 wrote:Going to try do both TBH, still pissed sydney missed out, i got Splendour in the grass like 1 day after the brisbane game FFS.

Everyone normally bends over for Sydney, genuinely surprised they're not playing there tbh.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:16 am

Pre-Season Tour 2015 LFC-KL-Press-Conference-180315-1

It will be the final clash of a four-game tour with Liverpool stopping off in Malaysia on their way home from Australia. The Reds are playing in Brisbane on July 17 and in Adelaide three days later. The destination of the first match has yet to be confirmed but the tour is likely to begin in Macau, China.
Seriously??? hmm :facepalm:
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:45 am

Canceled my pre season travels to adl and brisbane in favour of anfield in december Very Happy:D:D:D
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:25 pm

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-pre-season-reds-announce-9381216

True Thai Premier League All Stars, Bangkok, July 14
Brisbane Roar FC, Brisbane, July 17
Adelaide United FC, Adelaide, July 20
Malaysia XI, Kuala Lumpur, July 24
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:04 pm

And here's the yearly dose of Scandinavian tours in the pre-season:

Echo wrote:Exactly a week before the new Premier League campaign begins, the Reds will run out at the Olympic Stadium in Helsinki for a 5.30pm BST kick-off.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-confirm-pre-season-friendly-9456622
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:56 pm

Iiiiinteresting! The timing is probably a little bad for me, but if I can make that work (plus get a ticket), I'll be there!
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:35 pm

Art Morte wrote:Iiiiinteresting! The timing is probably a little bad for me, but if I can make that work (plus get a ticket), I'll be there!
Have you watched Liverpool before? I haven't and wouldn't have missed such a chance.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:44 pm

Liverpool played again today. It was too early for me to catch so I'll watch it later, but they won 2-1 with goals from Lallana and Milner. Apparently Henderson and Milner just bossed the midfield with their pressing and Milner's runs into the box.

Rodgers has said that Joe Gomez won't be going on loan and that he's been extremely impressed with the 18 year old, so he'll be getting a chance to compete for a starting position, and will definitely get games.

Really interesting is most of the commentary coming out. Liverpool have reverted to a high pressing, attack driven machine. Clyne, Gomez, Milner, Ings and Origi have been pressing and working like mad. We already know Coutinho and Firmino also have a great work-rate and love to press.

So the real question is can Benteke subscribe to this philosophy. If he can I see a really good season ahead.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:40 am

I watched the first half, the goal, FML someone bring in a defensive coach asap.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:22 am

When you have clowns like Skrtel in defense, that department will always be lacking.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:38 am

So I just watched the game and I have a few things to say.

1) Between Henderson and Milner we're going to get a lot of goals from midfield this season. They both make fantastic late runs into the box, and both know how to get into shooting positions. Milner looks more composed in the final third, but Henderson has a better final pass. They are looking really good together so far.

2) On their goal we had almost our entire team overloaded on the side, and then the Australian player made Skrtel look kinda silly. Still, Lucas at the very least had no business going all the way over there when he should have been more central.

3) The score could have been a lot worse. Their keeper played quite well...making big saves on Henderson, Ings, Sakho and Ibe. The Henderson one was actually the best one just a great reflex save.

4) Gomez looks legit. Rodgers has already said he's not going on loan and he's going to get a chance to fight for a starting spot...at the very least he'll get a bunch of games. For an 18 year old he was probably our best defender.

5) If Ings can work on his first touch he could be a sleeper to fight for that #1 striker position. He presses really hard, his link up play is good and gets into good positions.

6) Lallana is silky smooth. I know I wrote him off as a starter, and I still think that if Firmino adapts he will be a definite starter, but Lallana is just a really nice player to watch.

Again, still early and not against the greatest of opposition, but a lot of promising signs so far. 1g, 1a to Milner, 1g to Lallana and 1a to Henderson. Dat British representation. Clyne and Gomez put in some nice crosses too...also, damn Clyne is an ugly guy.

Oh, and finally, that white kit is maybe my favourite kit in recent memory. I've always liked white for a kit but the way it's designed, the red highlights...everything goes together so nicely. Just a beautiful kit.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:10 am

El Cujo wrote:also, damn Clyne is an ugly guy.

Laughing

It's his hairline. Makes his face disproportionally stick out. Otherwise he'd look normal, I think.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:53 pm

A few of your team's players just rocked up at my local futsal place. They played a game amongst themselves and then some cricket. It just happened to be a coincidence that I had an early game this evening and saw them there.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:30 pm

Depends on who was there. I would call you lucky if you got to see Lucas, Lallana, Sakho, Hendo etc. But if it was Bogdan, Ings, or Wisdom etc not impressed/10 Laughing Did you get any pics or autographs?
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:38 pm

Pre-Season Tour 2015 Lpool10
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:39 pm

Aha nice.

In other news I've only seen the goals, not the game, but Liverpool won 2 - 0 against Adelaide today. Milner and Ings the scorers. Milner's goal looked a bit offside, but it was a nice finish anyway on a pretty nice cross in from Ibe after a long run through midfield by Henderson to give it to Ibe. Second goal was a through ball from Clyne to Ings who took a touch then slid it under the keeper. Nice for him to get his first.

The defending didn't look exactly top notch though. I can't imagine Henderson ever running half the length of the field with the ball in the PL. Still, all wins so far is never discouraging.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:55 pm

According to reports, Lazio have opened talks with us to LOAN Sakho with option to buy at 15M euros.

Madame wants guaranteed game time before Euros next season, and Rodgers still hasn't made his mind up who he nwats to partner Skrtel next season (Hence starting Lovren ahead of Sakho today :facepalm: ) .

Aside that Sakho is comfortably our best defender and our best defensive play-maker ...it's a travesty that BR still hasn't decided on a set CB partnership to groom them for start of the season.

If we lose Sakho because Rodgers has a hard on for Lovren and is desperate to justify his purchase, it'll be absolutely idiotic.

Sakho is not only a top player, but an absolute gentleman of a person. The most like-able of our players. I haven't liked a player this much since Torres. Really hope it's him who starts with Helsinki in last pre-season match and not Lovren.

So worried Sad

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:56 pm

Obviously we cannot even consider letting Sakho go when our 3rd and 4th choice guys are Lovren and Toure. I believe it's just your typical Italian rumour.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next