Robespierre
Art Morte
chad4401
The Franchise
Gil
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Pep Confidential - Pep Guardiola Bio and Quotes Empty Pep Confidential - Pep Guardiola Bio and Quotes

Post by Gil Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:13 pm

Pep Confidential - Pep Guardiola Bio and Quotes Pepcon10

"Tiki Taka is a load of shit, a made-up term. I won't allow my brilliant players to fall for that rubbish. It has no purpose" - Pep

Other noteworthy quotes: Pep Guardiola on Manchester United: “I like this atmosphere. I could see myself coaching here one day.”

Pep on Bayern's 5-0 aggregate loss to Madrid last year: "I got it totally wrong. A total mess. The biggest *bleep* up of my life as a coach.”
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Pep Confidential - Pep Guardiola Bio and Quotes Empty Re: Pep Confidential - Pep Guardiola Bio and Quotes

Post by The Franchise Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:25 pm

Barca fans been saying this for years. I dont kow what it is.

What Pep does is just football, just common sense. He is obviously a genius, but its just a ton of common sense all about controlling the 2 most important things in the game.

The ball and the space both teams play in.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Pep Confidential - Pep Guardiola Bio and Quotes Empty Re: Pep Confidential - Pep Guardiola Bio and Quotes

Post by chad4401 Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:44 pm

Spot on franc, especially the commonsense part, the only thing i liked about barca, your team plays properly at least in pep first couple seasons, that why you guys made it look easy, instead of volume shooting and running at pace for 90 mins rofl

chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:51 pm

Tell me something I didn't know.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:13 pm

I agree about it , but anyway the real rubbish are these autobiographies. You'd write everything so as to sell copies.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:37 am

The above is no autobiography - some journalist asked Pep whether he was allowed to write a bio of him and almost didn't believe his luck when Pep said "yeah, sure". That author apparently was allowed to accompany Pep almost everywhere, if I remember correctly what I read about how that bio supposedly came into existence.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:58 am

Everything needs a label :coffee:
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:00 am

Robespierre wrote:I agree about it , but anyway the real rubbish are these autobiographies. You'd write everything so as to sell copies.

My favorite is when a 20 year old releases an autobiography. Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:09 am

Agreed with Pep. hmm

Counter-attacking >>>>>>

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:15 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Robespierre wrote:I agree about it , but anyway the real rubbish are these autobiographies. You'd write everything so as to sell copies.

My favorite is when a 20 year old releases an autobiography. Laughing

Bro, Don't bash my autobiography!

OT: I think it's just a name, considering it was a distinctive style.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:30 am

Yohan Modric wrote:Agreed with Pep. hmm

Counter-attacking >>>>>>

You look very handsome in your avatar MT.

But you smell like garbage, can I take you out ? Wink

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:07 am

he said of United: “I like this atmosphere. I could see myself coaching here one day.”

3/4 years and Pep will be managing United. Could def see it happening.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:20 am

I don't get the tiki taka part , was it Pep who said so ?
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:46 am

Bénin wrote:I don't get the tiki taka part , was it Pep who said so ?
He's saying that tiki taka isn't a tactic, it's a style. Which is true
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:47 am

rwo power wrote:The above is no autobiography - some journalist asked Pep whether he was allowed to write a bio of him and almost didn't believe his luck when Pep said "yeah, sure". That author apparently was allowed to accompany Pep almost everywhere, if I remember correctly what I read about how that bio supposedly came into existence.

Theres a book called White Angels which is the RM equivilant of that, and that was a great book, will be buying this one for sure
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:07 am

they don't want to get pigeon-holed. Even if they deny it... there is a very specific style to Pep and it's not the same as the dutch one, even if it's based on it. The spacing is smaller, the play is slower and the scheme doesn't use a 9. With the dutch, the fullbacks were running hard, you had fast wing players and, although he was a good football player overall, the 9 had a definite role. I mean look at Costa with NT... they have no idea how to use him. At least Pep is adapting a bit to Lewandowski... but Lewa looks nowhere near as dangerous as when he was with Dortmund. Also, Ribery has yet to play so you don't really know.

It's like the Italians saying that Catenaccio is a made up term back in the day, although now they accept it because they don't use it anymore.

If a term has negative undertones, you're not going to accept it. It's normal. Doesn't make it less true.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:05 pm

He hates it because people call it tiki taka instead of positional play lol.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:11 pm

LVG laying the foundation for Pep once again :coffee:
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:49 pm

He hates it because everyone understands something different under "tiki-taka" and sports pretty much confirms it with his idea that "tiki-taka = can't use a #9, lack of fast wingers" and whatnot.

First of all the term hasn't been invented with Pep. It has been used back in 2008 for Aragones' Spain and they were playing successfully not with 1 but even 2 strikers. If I'm not completely off the mark it even dates back to 2006. The term "tiki-taka" was supposed to describe the sound the ball makes of the quick passing combinations the Spaniards played. "Tick tock tick tock tick tock" = "tiki-taka". Nothing else. It doesn't even imply possession football let alone "false 9", "false wingers" etc. That's why Pep hates it. Everyone interprets something different with it.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:53 pm

Where dat kudos button at ffs
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:59 pm

The Franchise wrote:Where dat kudos button at ffs

Giving me back my 100 % would do. :coffee: 75 % makes me look like some thug but a poverty thug because real thugs are on 25 % or have a "banned" tag but can still post. Just for posting some titties. Sad

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:02 pm

Laughing

Nice try
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:52 pm

It was actually first use to describe Johan Cruyff's Barca team when he was the manager...  but it didn't describe a style.  It was just the Spanish way of describing total football in a catchy way by a broadcaster (forget who).  When Spain NT adopted Barca's style, they used again since it was catchy for the media...

The word evolved to actually describe a different style of play under Pep.  It was no longer just a catchy word.  They could have used a different word since it's meaning was different, but they didn't.  They could have called it "extreme tiki taka" Laughing

So yeah, like many words, "tiki taka" has evolved and taken on different meanings based on its use.  I can list many words like that.... not seeing your point.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:11 pm

sportsczy wrote:It was actually first use to describe Johan Cruyff's Barca team when he was the manager...

How so? Any source? A quick research reveals that my suspicion about 2006 was right. It was Andrés Montes who came up with the phrase as a commentator during the World Cup on La Sexta.

http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andr%C3%A9s_Montes
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiki-taka#Origins_and_development

You can also read it up in "The linguistics of football" (ISBN 978-3-8233-6398-9)

If you don't see my point I will make it short and clear. This:

sportsczy wrote:there is a very specific style to Pep and it's not the same as the dutch one, even if it's based on it. The spacing is smaller, the play is slower and the scheme doesn't use a 9. With the dutch, the fullbacks were running hard, you had fast wing players and, although he was a good football player overall, the 9 had a definite role. I mean look at Costa with NT... they have no idea how to use him.

has no relevance to "tiki-taka".

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:14 pm

i don't use wiki for anything because it's written by amateurs (literally).... i'll see if i can find the source. But i remember clearly hearing a TV guy use it to describe Cruyff's Barca back in the day. It wasn't used when Cruyff was still the manager. It was after. In the early part of the 2000s when talking about Cruyff's Barca.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next