UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid vs Sevilla discussion - Page 2 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid vs Sevilla discussion

+12
guest7
Thimmy
Pedram
Doc
Jonathan28
RealGunner
Cyborg
Zealous
titosantill
halamadrid2
Valkyrja
Onyx
16 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid vs Sevilla discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid vs Sevilla discussion

Post by Onyx Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:54 pm

Lineup according to Marca.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BuxLzvMIgAAR3_U.jpg

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid vs Sevilla discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid vs Sevilla discussion

Post by Cyborg Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:50 pm

Casillas
Carvajal Varane Ramos Marcelo
Khedira Kroos Modric
Bale Benzema James

Ronaldo and di maria to come on in the second half.

Ronaldo shouldn't start the game despite him wanting to. He is returning from injury. Madrid should be able to dispatch sevilla without him.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:57 pm

Carlo confirms Kroos and James will start. Says that Jame's position will be in attack or AM from time to time. Think Ronaldo might start on the bench

Last edited by halamadrid2 on Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:01 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:Carlo confirms Kroos and James will start. Says that Jame's position will be in attack or AM from time to time. Didn't deny DiMaria leaving though like he did with Khedira.

James
Bale Cristiano/Benzema

may be a possibility.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:04 pm

yeah sort of something like that I had in mind. Midfield will probably be Modric-Kroos-DiMaria

Google translate:

Carlo on James: "I think he can play in all attacking positions in band, behind a front and a little further back, attacking midfielder I'll try in this position from time to time.." .

On who will start in goal: We still do not know if the two goalkeepers play depending on the competition or know but do not say The only certainty is that tomorrow Casillas plays.".

On rumours of DiMaria leaving: Di Maria has worked well and it's important what happens outside does not enter the locker room."

On Kroos: "will help because he has has a lot of tactical skill to its position in the field. "
--------------------------------------------
Little bit sceptical on the Kroos bit. But seems like he knows what he is doing
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:55 pm

Valkyrja wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:Carlo confirms Kroos and James will start. Says that Jame's position will be in attack or AM from time to time. Didn't deny DiMaria leaving though like he did with Khedira.

James
Bale Cristiano/Benzema

may be a possibility.

or this

Casillas
Khedira Kroos Modric
Bale Benzema James

I think ancelotti really likes khedira. he may just stay this summer.

he had a great world cup alongside kroos as well.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:19 pm

Cyborg wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:

James
Bale Cristiano/Benzema

may be a possibility.

or this

Casillas
Khedira Kroos Modric
Bale Benzema James

if he goes with a classic 4-3-3, bale will play on the left imo
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:55 pm

Valkyrja wrote:
Cyborg wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:

James
Bale Cristiano/Benzema

may be a possibility.

or this

Casillas
Khedira Kroos Modric
Bale Benzema James

if he goes with a classic 4-3-3, bale will play on the left imo

i think he will go with the 4-3-3

i agree with you, bale may play there.

he may play james in a free role with benzema and bale up top.

but i like the midfield
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:13 am

Carlo Ancelotti appeared in the Cardiff City Stadium press room the day before the final of the European Super Cup. The Whites’ manager revealed that “Kroos and James Rodríguez will start” and analysed the match against Sevilla. “The team is ready to play the match at full throttle, but it won’t be easy because we’re playing against a team that really hurt us last year and they have spent time preparing for this match”.

“Sevilla’s style is the same as last season and they have changed the midfield with some new players. The quality of my squad is important to try and win if they have the same desire and determination to win as we had last season. If we do that we could have a very positive season”.

Ronaldo’s fitness
“Cristiano Ronaldo is fine. He has no issues and has done everything he needed to in order to be fit to play tomorrow. The problem he had is more than behind him and I think he will start the season really well”.

Kroos and James to start
“They will play from the start. Kroos is going to help us because he is very good tactically. James is an excellent player. He is very strong and runs a lot. He can play up front or as an attacking midfielder. I’m happy with the signings because the quality of the team has improved. Without a doubt”.

Bale’s motivation
“He had an excellent season. He didn’t take part in the preseason and needed time to acclimatise. He’s very fit and psychologically ready. I don’t know if he’ll play tomorrow. He’s at home but he could start on the bench”.

He is one of the best players in the world.. Everyone knows that, but what’s more important to me is that he feels comfortable with us. Last season he was very important. There is a lot of competition in this team. I say Bale deserves to win individual titles, but I could say that Ramos and Ronaldo deserve them too”.

Future at Real Madrid
“The first press conference and we’re already talking about losing the job. I’m happy to be with this team. We always have to win and to me it is a great honour to be the coach of this team, which has brought in new players and made investments to improve this season”.

The first choice keeper for the match
“I still don’t know or I do know and I’m not going to tell you. Tomorrow Iker will play because he’s doing well and he deserves to win this match. Last year he did really well in the Champions League and he deserves to play. I think he is a great keeper and last year he had a great season, as he will this year. Everyone makes mistakes in matches. To err in football is normal. We have to learn from them. I have complete confidence in him”.

The possible transfer of Diego López
“I spoke to him yesterday and he’s looked for a good chance to leave. I thanked him and wished him luck for the future. I have a lot of affection for Milan and I think he will do well there”.

The exit of Di María and Khedira
“It’s a problem we don’t need to speak of today. Di María has been training to play this match and we are lucky that this issue has not reached the dressing room. We cannot know now what will happen in the future. We have to wait until the 31st of August. Khedira is a Real Madrid player with a contract. Both he and Di María are players on the team and both of them want to win titles with Real Madrid”.

Bale could start on bench? da fuq is he playing at. He is the only one who actually looked ready ffs

halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:37 am

Yeh Bale's been playing all pre-season. He should start.

Also James should be tested at LCM so we don't have to change formation.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:45 pm

Overworking Bale doesn't make much sense tbf, we have some important games coming up against Atleti.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:35 pm

Real Madrid starting 11:

Casillas; Carvajal, Pepe, Ramos, Coentrao; Modric, Kroos, James; Bale, Benzema, Cristiano Ronaldo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:34 pm

Looks like we're sticking with a similar formation to last season.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:41 pm

FT 2-0

Kroos with an impressive game and passing, look fine defensively too.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:47 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:FT 2-0

Kroos with an impressive game and passing, look fine defensively too.

Kroos looked very, very comfortable and was a joy to watch whenever he had possession. James was very wasteful in possession, and was even responsible for the most shaky moment of the match, defensively, when he headed the ball into the box, towards Ramos. Luckily, it didn't result in a goal conceded. Looks like he'll need some time to adapt.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:50 pm

Yeh he'll need time to adapt. I still think Di Maria's superior and a better fit to our current team however. tongue 

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:57 pm

i would have liked di maria to make an appearance, but good win....modric and kroos in the middle of the park looked comfortable, but i'm not sure how they'd fare against stellar opposition. anyway, its a step by step process
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:58 pm

Dont understand why James was brought in to begin with if Di Maria is staying.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:34 am

varane should start.

modric and kroos will be taken apart against a better side

even an energetic, pressing mid table side will pose difficulties the defense with only those two in midfield.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:01 am

@se7en, i was a little upset seeing di maria during the trophy presentation still in his training gear, the guy has done nothing to warrant him seating on the bench....if he indeed stays i hope he gets to play a lot of games. James may be a good buy as time goes on, he looks like he has the skill set and potential. but right now, besides his price tag, i find it difficult to justify him benching di maria....even as an attacking midfielder, i think i'd still pick di maria over him.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:36 am

Varane was also in his training gear thom

As an AM its James > Di Maria
As an RW it's still James > Di Maria

In our system we used last year 433/442 it's Di Maria > James and anyone else on our team as a LM/LCM.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:20 am

Apparently Woodward was at the game talking to Perez. Either it was for Khedira who looked miserable during the trophy celebration or it was DiMaria in which case he is going to have to offer alot of money due to them not being in CL. But Carlo did say we will have to wait till 31st of August, I think DiMaria being linked away is affecting his own preparations. PSG are out of the race, Monaco are out of the race, just United now once they are ruled out we can finally prepare properly with him as a starter.

As for the game, we dominated from start to finish but they didn't pressure Kroos I wanna know how he will do under pressure, we will find out against Atleti. Ronaldo looks ready as hell, glad for that. James had an underwhelming game, he looks like a baby fish in a sea, almost lost. Probably too restricted on that left side. Defending needs to improve by him. Isco was great when he came on. Coentrao played very good too. Benzema had an average game but I have come to accept that. Pepe ffs looks like he hasn't lost an inch of speed and he is in his thirties, he can cover for anyone with that speed. Varane is going to find jt hard to start with Pepe around

on to the next one........
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuru Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:28 am

well the fact the both didn't play means that most likely both of them will leave, oh well, I really wanted Di Maria to stay.
Kuru
Kuru
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:34 am

Kroos is a boss Proud

Oh and our kits are fuxking hideous :facepalm:
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:38 am

Kroos was pressured at times, but he releases the ball really quickly and knows what he's doing, so I think he'll be fine.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:04 am

I dont think there is a team out there who do it as well as Atletico besides maybe Bayern. So if he can get through that I am confident he will succeed
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next