windkick
Great Leader Sprucenuce
CBarca
Winter is Coming
The Franchise
34 posters

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

Rest of the Football World Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Rest of the Football World Thread

Post by windkick Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:43 pm

Winter is Coming wrote:When Pep leaves BM, were do you think he'll go? And/or were would you guys like to see him next?

From rumors United, Chelsea, City, Arsenal, Juve and PSG all have shown interest in him.

I think the rumors of him going to City are about as legit as a rumor can get. He has ties with some of the staff (they were at Barca when he was there), plus they can pay him stupid money.

I however, would love to see him go to Arsenal. But I know it won't happen.

windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Rest of the Football World Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Rest of the Football World Thread

Post by free_cat Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:50 am

alexjanosik wrote:Sanabria with a hattrick. Been impressive every time I have seen him. Do we have a buyback on him?

No, he defected to Roma form our Juvenil A.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:27 pm

free_cat wrote:
alexjanosik wrote:Sanabria with a hattrick. Been impressive every time I have seen him. Do we have a buyback on him?

No, he defected to Roma form our Juvenil A.

That is a shame. He looks a really good player. Could have been a cheap replacement for Suarez down the line.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:42 pm

Lol nah sanabria is not good enough for this level
Myesyats
Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:20 pm

At 19, you have already know that about him?

People said that about 24 year old Suarez, id be careful.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:22 pm

windkick wrote:
I however, would love to see him go to Arsenal. But I know it won't happen.

Why not?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:56 pm

linetty wrote:Lol nah sanabria is not good enough for this level

He is a kid and has played pretty well whenever I have seen him. Kid certainly has talent. And he was rated extremely in our youth team too.
I think it is a bit early to write him off.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:06 pm

No hype for cup world cup ffs :facepalm:.
@linetty where u at brah Sad

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:09 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
windkick wrote:I however, would love to see him go to Arsenal. But I know it won't happen.
Why not?
Just got a feeling Pep has his eyes on a big spending club, like City (they would pay him stupid money and he knows some of the staff already), or would shoot for the biggest named club in England (Utd). Arsenal tend to think very small, and Wenger doesn't appear to be leaving anytime soon. So factor in all those variables and I don't really think Arsenal would actually be in the running for Pep, even though I would love for him to go there. Any form of success and he would be considered as a positive, unlike the situation he has at Bayern.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:30 pm

All tho no official announcement, but seems like Pep is on his way out and City is the man next destination.

Thoughts?
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:21 pm

a bit early to talk about this don't you think?? lots can happen until then

but what would be the sense in replacing pep with ancelotti btw its like replacing lets say neuer and buffon, basically no difference
Myesyats
Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:24 pm

Well that is true, but tbh so many people have reported this even many credible sources.

However I don't understand your question? If Pep decides to leave (seeing its his decision) you want them to look for someone else instead of Carlo? Its not like their forcing him out to replace him with Carlo.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:33 pm

If Pep wants to leave then I understand their decision. No better option than Carlo out there. But if they want to get rid of Pep to get Carlo then it wouldn't make sense.
Myesyats
Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:20 pm

linetty wrote:a bit early to talk about this don't you think?? lots can happen until then

but what would be the sense in replacing pep with ancelotti btw its like replacing lets say neuer and buffon, basically no difference

Lots of sources are stating this today.

The reports are just not as focal due to Mourinho getting the stfuppercut by Abramovich Very Happy

God, I get such a great feeling out of seeing Mourinho failing. What do you guys think will be his next destination?
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:57 pm

I have no idea tbh can see him take a year off and then maybe go back to Madrid or maybe take over the Portuguese National team
Myesyats
Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:01 pm

He does have feelings for Mehdrid tbh. Can see him taking over after our Agent does them enough damage hmm

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:04 pm

I don't see him going back to Madrid. The damage he caused while he was there, seems like everyone was over his shit, from the president to the fans and his use of "negative football" to the way he treated the clubs most liked players.

Mou doesn't strike me as a guy that would take a lesser job at this point (like a Roma, for example)...so maybe a move to the Portuguese NT is maybe possible. I don't see many big clubs needing his services at the moment. He might be better off taking a sabbatical until something opens up
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:26 pm

Agreed, don't think he'll go to Madrid. Don't think he'll take a lesser job.

I could see him going back to Inter if they get CL football tbh, they would welcome him back there probably. However, the team needs a lot of work regardless, so I'm not so sure. I could see him going to Atletico if Simeone left, but I don't think that's likely right now. Perhaps Man U if the wanted him, but I'm not sure about that either, it would be a desperation move by them.

I think he'll take a break for a bit until something pops up. Maybe the Portugal NT.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:40 am

http://www.espnfc.us/blog/the-toe-poke/65/post/2760320/barcelona-youth-stars-dazzle-with-skills
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:28 am

Pirloisjesus wrote:He does have feelings for Mehdrid tbh. Can see him taking over after our Agent does them enough damage hmm

Feelings???

That word has been exaggerated enough, especially in Mourinho's context.

Even he hasn't openly claimed to have that much feelings for Madrid. He has been that vocal about his feelings only for two clubs - Chelsea and Inter Milan.

Rafa Benitez no doubt is a waste of time but I have already said what I think of him in more than one thread. Here let's talk about Mourinho.

My personal opinion is that it's not easy for him to get a big job any time soon. The key reason for that is top clubs will have to wonder whether he is worth the risk. After all which coach can you hire today who is likely to fight so much with the media, just as much with the club management and even with some members of the playing squad.

Look at Sir Alex Ferguson for example. Yes he had issues with certain players and sent them away. Yes he had a few run ins with the media but he didn't take it too far. Most importantly he never said a word against his own club's management. While many people blamed the Glazers in so many ways not a word from Sir Alex against them any time. He never talked in terms of I - not being given this and that. It was always about we.

So the question is with all the trouble Mourinho is likely to cause is he worth it? Was he ever worth it? Maybe at one time he was. At Chelsea earlier and later at Inter Milan he is not known to have had significant tussles with the squad. At Chelsea in his first tenure he had problems with the board towards the end but he had good relations with the media. At Italy he was completely against the media (as part of an us vs. them strategy) but he had no issues with the club management. It's only at Real Madrid that he began to have major issues with the squad. That it was repeated at Chelsea, presumably the top club in his heart, only goes to show just where he stands now.

With all that he seems to have lost a lot of his ability to get results. A few years it was impossible to even imagine a Mourinho team battling relegation. Last season even when they won the title the surrender to PSG in the UCL was quite meek. Even the season before they didn't show much against Atletico in the semi final. While at one time lesser known coaches were not expected to have much of a chance against Mourinho, nowadays they are quite likely to get the better of him.

So considering all that is he worth hiring? I don't think so. Manchester United would have to fire Louis vaan Gaal sooner or later but hiring Mourinho would be a case of from the frying pan to the fire. The only big club where he could fit is I think Inter Milan but considering how they are developing under Roberto Mancini it would be stupid to drop that project now. Any other big club that may have a vacancy I can't see Mourinho fitting into. Rumors are abound that Pep is going to leave Bayern Munich but Mourinho is not their kind of manager. They want playing style and they want a good reputation in the media. They don't want to be known as the club whose pastime is to attack referees. Then there was a mention of Roma. Again I feel for Roma style is very important and they should try to find someone who will let them play the football they want.

So perhaps Mourinho can twiddle his thumbs at home. This unless he is ready to step down to a smaller club and rebuild his reputation.

BTW I forgot about it but just noticed it in an above post. The Portugal national team may be a nice, perhaps even the best, option for him. Will that lead to more fights with Cristiano? Let's wait and watch.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:36 am

linetty wrote:If Pep wants to leave then I understand their decision. No better option than Carlo out there. But if they want to get rid of Pep to get Carlo then it wouldn't make sense.

Nowhere have I read that Bayern want to get rid of Pep but somehow he supposedly wants to leave.

Carlo Ancelotti is always a good option and he is one of the best players' coaches out there but somehow he has never found sustained success in league football.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:38 am

BTW how has Fabregas become so deeply involved in the sacking of Mourinho?

There are rumors that he was the player who said I'd rather lose than win for Mourinho. How did that rumor come about?

Some time back I had read he was one of the players offering full support. The real trouble makers were Hazard and Costa. However now in the eyes of the Chelsea fans he is one of the three rats along with these two. This in spite of his open support for the former manager in social media.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:40 am

Pirloisjesus wrote:Don't know what needs fixing more RM squad or RM fax machine Laughing

Good one Very Happy

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:43 am

The Franchise wrote:
futbol wrote:Liverpool reking Southampton 5-1 in the Cup. Klopp. :bow:

I am quite surprised at the difference he has made to the team is such a short time. It is a credit to the players efforts and his teaching methods.

I think Klopp brings with him an aura that kind of uplifts everything around him. In a nutshell I could say

Klopp = Mourinho(earlier version) -nastiness +(attractive football)

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:45 am

alexjanosik wrote:Yes, at the time I did suggest Rodgers as a possible replacement.
Thought it would be a calculated gamble. I did like the way he played in that season they almost won the league. But then, over the next year he didnt build on that and play a consistent style. Kept changing too much and after 3 years, his team still didnt have an identity and style of play.
Maybe its just bad luck. Lost Suarez and Sturridge and didnt have a striker all season. Maybe he was carried by Suarez.

No doubt Suarez's impact was huge but I keep saying Rodgers was very unlucky not winning the title that season. Also it seriously was horrendous luck to have to sell Suarez and at the same time lose Sturridge to injury.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:19 pm

I think it's so sweet that Claudio Ranieri who Jose Mourinho needlessly humiliated several times in the media was the one to strike the last nail in his coffin at Stamford Bridge.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next