Not sure if Cassano or Balotelli hmm

Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

The 2014/15 Calcio Saga - Page 4 Empty Re: The 2014/15 Calcio Saga

Post by Twoism Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:20 am

Robespierre wrote:Gazzetta writes that Cassano quarelled with his Parma's teammates and so Parma is thinking to sell him.
Another cassanata Proud

Already made up, I think.

How's Botta ? Think Parma try to get him on loan
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:52 am

Juveman17 wrote:Not sure if Cassano or Balotelli hmm

pfft, Cassano's antics predate Balotelli's by half a decade at least.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:28 am

Forza wrote:
Juveman17 wrote:Not sure if Cassano or Balotelli hmm

pfft, Cassano's antics predate Balotelli's by half a decade at least.

Yea its a shame though how similar balo is to cassano now Sad
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:52 am

Why do Napoli fans hate Insigne?
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:14 pm

Because he is incredibly inconsistent and anyway it's not so easy for many players to play with club of own city tbh .. just asking to Fabregas . but this is valid expecially for Napoli. A city who gives you much when the results are okay, but it is a city who quences you even more when the results are not good . Expecially for Napoletani . Because of course they have more pressure and there is a partcular care on him . Probably also for this reason , despite Serie A produced always many Napoletani players, more than Milanesi and Romani , rarely these play to Napoli or they are difference makers there ( Quagliarella was the last example).
Di Natale preferred to stay at Udinese than playing in Napoli, he has always suffered the pressure for high levels ( National Teams) ,let alone Napoli lol Laughing
Spoiler:
this would have been Napoli l's lineup if they were as Athletic

so much pressure , so many expectations and there were incredible expectations about Insigne after his year to Pescara .

Most thought he was a top player, but he looks like a poor man's Giovinco in this Napoli .

So there is also much disappontment about him.

And besides he is preferred to Mertens wrongly , and in this case they aren't the only ppl to ask the sense about it.

Mertens >>>
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:18 pm

Twoism wrote:
Robespierre wrote:Gazzetta writes that Cassano quarelled with his Parma's teammates and so Parma is thinking to sell him.
Another cassanata Proud

Already made up, I think.

How's Botta ? Think Parma try to get him on loan

Botta was mediocre with us.
I was enough disappointed because I waited something of better from him  , he made some unreal things in Argentina ffs (tbh he got injured seriously about these things and he was stopped for a year) of course I didn't wait same things but at least I hoped he could be useful as back-up.

Anyway he has a good  market in Italy for medium-small teams, he can prove good for this level, I don't know if he will go to Parma tbh because he has many requests

Chievo and Torino are the club who are insisting mostly for him

Parma can't  be excluded anyway because it seems that we are interested to Biabiany (  ffs :facepalm: he's okay for Parma , but not more tbh . I remind him in Inter Laughing )  :facepalm:

I would loan him to you if you catch again Schelotto anyway Very Happy
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:38 pm

Botta agent said Parma might not be a good place for hom anyhow due to compettition and he needs play time. Lucarelli, Parma captain tweeted that Cassano fought with team mates is bullshit news
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:39 pm

Infact according Sky Italy today Botta is very close to join with Chievo.
Also Schelotto
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:42 pm

We about to get Lodi & Bellomo so that's good news at least. Still like Schelotto though
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:45 pm

Good signings mate.
Lodi is top 3 Free kickers in Serie A imo , he will be very useful also for this
The most important thing is to have kept Donadoni anyway , he was close to Lazio before of taking Pioli
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:26 am

Robespierre wrote:Good signings mate.
Lodi is top 3 Free kickers in Serie A imo , he will be very useful also for this
The most important thing is to have kept Donadoni anyway , he was close to Lazio before of taking Pioli

He's actually 2nd in Europe for the last 5 years

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/pitchside-europe/reflection-why-vanishing-spray-could-lead-vanishing-goals-085429322.html

Very boring read but from the chart he actually had top conversion rate & shots on target. Also lol Ronaldo number of FK
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:26 pm

Twoism wrote:
Robespierre wrote:Good signings mate.
The most  important thing is  to have kept Donadoni anyway , he was close to Lazio before of taking Pioli

He's actually 2nd in Europe for the last 5 years

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/pitchside-europe/reflection-why-vanishing-spray-could-lead-vanishing-goals-085429322.html

Very boring read but from the chart he actually had top conversion rate & shots on target. Also lol Ronaldo number of FK

yes at the beginiing I was going to write " he is the best of Serie  A about it " but then I wasn't sure  ... not surprised about it, he is really impressing as free kicker, you 've always sensations he can score, and when he doesn't score, he is close to do it. One of best free kicker seen in Serie A probably (the best was Mihajlovic :bow: )

He was close to Inter and Milan 2 years ago in January transfer window, but Catania asked  so much  because it was fighting for Europa League place

I don't think he is adapt to that level , for pressure etc , but he is perfect for Parma 's dimension
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:14 pm

Mihajlovic was an amazing free kick taker. Maybe the best I've ever seen. :bow:
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:13 am

Fiorentina with no Rossi or Cuadrado, Roma got this Cool

Perfect way to start our victory tour :bow:
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:21 am

There are just over 3 days left until the transfer window closes. At the moment, you'd have to say that Juve are far ahead of the rest of the competition after Roma sold Benatia, despite Juve not making any excellent signings themselves. Inter have made some decent signings, Fiorentina have held onto their best players (for now) and Napoli are stagnant. Milan has definitely weakened even further, despite getting rid of over half of the deadwood in last season's squad. Lazio will be there or thereabouts, but don't have the depth for top 3, as usual.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:25 am

Serie A will be business as usual, boring uptop with 1 or 2 horse race at best but damn exciting from 3rd down to bottom of the table. The quality will be horrible but more competitive than ever, CL spot and relegation battle that is.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:20 am

Juve are ahead, but not far ahead imo.

The loss of Conte counteracts the loss of Benatia for me.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:09 pm

Juventus remain ahead at this stage, not simply due to their quality on paper but the mental strength that any champion side possesses, however Roma have brought in excellent depth during the summer. Benatia represents a loss, however Roma's organisation and team work ethic was at the heart of their defensive improvement as much as any individual reinforcement. Where for years Roma possessed the most frustrating capacity to leak goals in the entire league, they demonstrated a fundamentally different attitude in the defensive phase last season and I've no doubt that Garcia will compensate for the loss of Benatia.

Napoli should still present a very solid challenge for the Champions League spots, however losing their qualifier to Bilbao will have taken the wind out of their sails and they look no more convincing in defence than last year. It is a cliche, but conceding the fewest goals often wins you the league and it will likely let them down at the final hurdle, though I think they'll still maintain a top three position simply due to the firepower they possess up top.

I had Milan as capable of a challenge for the top three before Balotelli's departure and in hope of the arrival of a competent RW, however we've crippled ourselves in the last week and we will only further add insult to injury in the final days. Our hope is that we can bring a defensive discipline and fire to our season and simply grind until we can make up for the errors of our market in January or beyond.

Inter have the squad on paper to do some damage but Mazzari seems intent to stifle their creativity and persist with a three man backline and they still require great depth up front in my eyes. With the right line up and without injuries they could match almost anyone on their day, so they'll still do well, however I expect a repeat of last season, with frustrating moments seeing them fall short of their potential.

It will make for an entertaining Champions League race as Twoism stated though, along with Fiorentina.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:13 pm

Juve - New coach, pirlo injured for the start (will have to adjust their style of play for a bit),we could see them drop a few points at first. Morale of a lot of the players down from WC. Not a scary attack.
Fiorentina - If they avoid injury , they'll be crazy good.
Lazio - Will be up top but likely not enough for top 3
Inter - Fresh, hungry, improvements in all areas... I can see them doing very well this season, finally making a comeback. Top 3 for sure.
Roma - Looks like they've improved in every department, minus their defense, but I feel like they've done okay to replace. Good enough. If I'm to be honest, I think they're the favourites to win it
Milan - I don't see them as being THAT bad to be honest. Defense has improved with Alex & Armero. Attack has improved with El Shaarawy's return (people complain about no balotelli, but remember, el shaarawy is back). I think Torres will be a good addition and could even refind himself in Serie A. Less pressure for him there.

it's a lot about how these teams do against the lower teams.
Roma & Juve were capable of this last season.
Inter, Fiorentina, Milan, etc. may be good to beat Roma & Juve, but probably not good enough to find consistency against the lower teams.

should be a great year.

also does coefficients increase by number of goals (eg. does inter winning 6-0 better than winning 1-0 for coefficient?)
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:27 am

Thoughts on the draw for Italian teams ?

Really,apart from Roma,i think all other Italian sides have got reasonable groups and i expect most of the teams to surpass group stages atleast.

If Roma drop out of the group stages,you can bet your ass,they wouldnt give a damn about EL with all their eyes on the Scudetto so as a Juve fan i hope they can cause a shock in the CL.

Anyways, i expect a co-efficients feast for Serie A this yr.If Inter or Napoli for example are not in the race for the CL spot through the league,i am pretty sure they'll try all their best to go all the way in the EL and secure CL spot by winning the whole thing.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:59 am

I'm unsure of how seriously Torino will take the competition and how they will cope with playing twice a week, so even though it's an excellent group they've been drawn into, I could see them stumbling. Essentially everyone bar Roma should get through, though I actually feel that Roma will be able to upset City. It's not a failure if they don't get past the group stages however.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:04 am

I don't mind Roma going out at the groups, gives them a bigger chance at the league but i'd rather more competition and an extra fat stack of money for next Summer rather than us walking the league and complaining about funds.

That's assuming the league is similar to last season, I don't have as much faith in us or Roma to do anything like what happened last season at times with seemingly endless winning runs.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:23 am

Like I said in my initial reaction, we need to avoid the EL. We do that by either getting out of the group or going out altogether. I'd prefer to progress out of the groups personally. All 3 of the teams we're playing are beatable at the Olimpico. It's just away from there that we'll have problems. We definitely have to do the double against CSKA if we have any hope of getting out of the group. The EL will be a drain on resources while also not bringing in enough cash for the club. Roma's overriding objective is the scudetto. I feel confident we'll be back in the CL next season so whatever happens this season is just gravy.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:38 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:I don't mind Roma going out at the groups, gives them a bigger chance at the league but i'd rather more competition and an extra fat stack of money for next Summer rather than us walking the league and complaining about funds.

That's assuming the league is similar to last season, I don't have as much faith in us or Roma to do anything like what happened last season at times with seemingly endless winning runs.

The difference is very minimal though if they do or do not make it out of the groups.We're talking about a 6-7m difference at best.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:47 pm

Caceres with the 1st goal of Serie A :bow:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin