Firenze
RealGunner
Tomwin Lannister
Pedram
Onyx
17 posters

Page 34 of 44 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 39 ... 44  Next

Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 16 - Page 34 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 16

Post by RealGunner Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:58 pm

Well they really have to tone down on mentioning Putin imo. They probably are thinking how to run this feud with keeping politics far out of it. Eventhough that's difficult.

Unlucky Swagger.

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 16 - Page 34 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 16

Post by Onyx Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:25 pm

There's no such thing as 'living in the past'. Fundamentals are whatever worked in pro wrestling. It doesn't matter if they were swerves or OTT matches, fact is it worked.

Swerves, shock factor or OTT matches aren't exclusive to just 1998 or 1999. Trash TV? Yes, that's exclusive to the late 90's.

Vince won't change anything because he's making money from kids and women. But if WCW existed right now, would he change? Yes, he would. Which means the product right now isn't good enough.

Right now there's no reason for WWE to change or improve the product. They do whatever is adequate. Until there's legitimate competition again or they go out of business, nothing will change.

But what we can all admit right now is the current product isn't good enough and it's not the best WWE can offer.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:27 pm

ok mate. If that's what you think. Fair enough.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:28 pm

Just read that Punk stole all his moveset including GTS from Kenta lol.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:37 pm

Bryan stole the running knee from him too. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:39 pm

Grantland has an interview with Sting, who discussed appearing in WWE 2K15. Here are just a few highlights:

If he will appear onscreen for WWE:

"I'll just say that I'm all in and very willing to participate. Believe me."

The response to the WWE 2K15 promo:

"One of the interesting things I read about the promo video was that for anybody who thought the generational gap would be not in Sting's favor, well, we can put that to rest. The way the crowd reacted was amazing — and even the younger kids who don't know who I am. The painted face, that video — I'm the sort of guy who's really hard to please, but when I saw that video, with the violins playing, it was great."

If he wishes that he would have been a part of WWE sooner:

"Yeah, you know what they say about hindsight. I can look back now and wonder why I didn't do this earlier. But it is what it is, and I'm excited right now. It's like Vince used to say every time I came close to signing but never did: "Don't forget to cross your t's and dot your i's, and someday we'll do business together." And here we are. It's a video game, but that's for starters, and we'll see how it develops from here. I'm glad it turned out the way it did."

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:41 pm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:49 pm

Casciavit wrote:You must be bored RG, actually debating with MT Laughing

It's ok, I give people a chance nowadays, as opposed to wiping the floor with them. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:36 am

Proud
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:57 am

Yohan Modric wrote:

It's ok, I give people a chance nowadays, as opposed to wiping the floor with them. hmm

don't make me dust off the boxing gloves pos

I was actually typing out something earlier but it turned into a tl;dr and I lost interest, might finish it off tomorrow, wasn't disagreeing with you or RG since you both had good points but I might throw my two cents in. Either way when Vince steps down and Triple H presumably takes over I still don't think we'll ever return to the golden era (attitude era when it was most popular), the market's changed since then and they've spent way too long rebranding the perception of the company. We might get a better, more focused product overall but the tone of the company will remain IMO, and that's the main thing I take issue with. Just not as entertaining to me.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:01 am

you stand no chance against the mighty mt.

If he thinks you should put Ketchup in Water and drink it. There is nothing in the world that would change his opinion Proud
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:03 am

RealGunner wrote:Just read that Cens stole all his moveset including AA from little kids who play smackdown here comes the pain lol.

Disgusting.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:05 am

Firenze wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:

don't make me dust off the boxing gloves pos

I was actually typing out something earlier but it turned into a tl;dr and I lost interest, might finish it off tomorrow, wasn't disagreeing with you or RG since you both had good points but I might throw my two cents in. Either way when Vince steps down and Triple H presumably takes over I still don't think we'll ever return to the golden era (attitude era when it was most popular), the market's changed since then and they've spent way too long rebranding the perception of the company. We might get a better, more focused product overall but the tone of the company will remain IMO, and that's the main thing I take issue with. Just not as entertaining to me.

That's the point I was making. The tone of the company will remain the same. It's not Vince or HHH that will change, but it is the fans who should stop thinking that the product will be any different, specially not drastically. It's different market in different times. Each era is different. That's how it's always been.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:06 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Just read that Cens stole all his moveset including AA from little kids who play smackdown here comes the pain lol.

Disgusting.

niccah pls
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:11 am

Product is meh IMO, not just about attitude era its the storylines in general.

Extremely boring.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:21 am

Wait till the GOAT comes back this sunday

http://media.giphy.com/media/ALWTMBw7VJ9kY/giphy.gif

Proud Proud Proud Proud

If the beast incarnated lose to Bryan or Reigns, I am legit 100% quitting from watching WWE. No joke.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:25 am

If Lesnar was fulltime you'd have a point lol, guy like that would instantly increase the quality.

That's another issue, best guys are part timers lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:15 am

Doubt anyone's saying the tone of the product will change. Nothing will change unless there's competition again or if WWE start's going out of business.

But it's clear though that the product that's geared towards adults is much superior to the current family friendly tripe we get.

WWE has always been PG and family friendly. But they pushed the envelope when they had WCW competing with them, which resulted in the AE. But they have no reason to go back to that with all the sponsors etc they have nowadays.

WWE don't need to rehash the AE in 2014. They just need use certain aspects of it in order to improve the current product.

But they won't improve at all because they have no competition and because they're doing fine financially.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:34 am

Linda McMahon's inspiration to become a senate and her political campaign has indirectly ruined WWE, she's the one behind all this PG BS.

And to make matter even funnier, after all this things she did to "improve" WWE's public image she still failed in her campaign.  rofl 

Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:06 pm

The Rock's diet for his Hercules movie coming out soon:

The Official WWE Thread - Part 16 - Page 34 FhNqhjOl

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:10 pm

holy shit :bow:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:50 pm

Apparently CM Punk and WWE had some sort ofparting of ways between them before the WWE.com roster change and Punk’s tweet on Tuesday.

Partial source: PWInsider

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:04 am

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:31 am

Yohan Modric wrote:The Rock's diet for his Hercules movie coming out soon:

The Official WWE Thread - Part 16 - Page 34 FhNqhjOl

Is human blood a valid substitute for Neman Lion blood?
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:07 am

As noted, Bray Wyatt was busted open by Ric Flair at last weekend’s WWE live event at Madison Square Garden. Wyatt spoke with the CBS affiliate in Tampa Bay today and reacted to what happened:

“I look at it as an honor. Madison Square Garden. Ric Flair. John Cena. At the end of a long, long, long war, a little [bruise] is not so bad. I’m used to having stitches and things all over my body, so I didn’t even know I was bleeding. I thought I was blind!”

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:09 am

Bray Proud

Proper lad.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 44 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 39 ... 44  Next