EL Patron
sportsczy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
DeletedUser#1
Onyx
72 posters

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Official: Chelsea sign Fabregas - Page 9 Empty Re: Official: Chelsea sign Fabregas

Post by VendettaRed07 Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:43 am

This just strikes me as a weird signing. Coming off a season where Mou benched and sold Mata in favor of Oscar, I just find it weird to go after Cesc. I have a feeling he'll just be ostracized after a while

VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Official: Chelsea sign Fabregas - Page 9 Empty Re: Official: Chelsea sign Fabregas

Post by CBarca Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:39 am

I clicked the link and I'm not seeing it on the page. Am I just up too late and missing it or has it been edited or what?
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:41 am

CBarca wrote:I clicked the link and I'm not seeing it on the page. Am I just up too late and missing it or has it been edited or what?

it's been edited out

so that means someone in Barca realized it was classless

But despite glowing starts to each campaign, Cesc’s contributions to the cause gradually decreased as each season drew to a close. From being someone who joined in with the attack, supplying and scoring goals, the magic tended to fade later on in each season. He only scored one, six and one goals in the last 24 games of each season. For some reason, he was never as good in the second half of a season as in the first. wrote:
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:46 am

It has been edited. Seems they saw the backlash and decided to paint it white.

Here's what was on there earlier

Official: Chelsea sign Fabregas - Page 9 Captur10

Cesc left Barça for the Gunners when he was just 16, and stayed in London for eight successful seasons (2003-2011). He became one of Arsenal’s most iconic players, but there was much hope among Barça fans that he’d return home one day, as he did on August 15, 2011. In all his time with Arsenal, he had only won one FA Cup and one Community Shield, yet on returning to his native Catalonia, he won two further titles in his first two games . the Spanish and European Supercups, and scored three goals in his first four appearances. Guardiola had been right to bring Cesc back home. He slipped right back into the FCB system as if he’d never been away.

But despite glowing starts to each campaign, Cesc’s contributions to the cause gradually decreased as each season drew to a close. From being someone who joined in with the attack, supplying and scoring goals, the magic tended to fade later on in each season. He only scored one, six and one goals in the last 24 games of each season. For some reason, he was never as good in the second half of a season as in the first.

And a bunch of other stuff.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:49 am

here the screenshot of the page before it was edited

Spoiler:
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by che Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:08 am

Peccadillo wrote:These particular principles apply to any industry, football included.

Just say "footballing reasons" like every other club does. A detailed explanation is neither required or expected.

yeah that's how the real world works

"mr applicant, i see here that you were fired from your previous job, why was that?"
"managerial reasons... so when do i start?"

i think it's hilarious, more clubs should be doing this rather than the usual PR nonsense that everyone could see through
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:44 am

finally we got rid of the cancer
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:02 am

Collblanc wrote:finally we got rid of the cancer

Inb4 Cesc knocks you out of the CL with a goal or assist.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:14 am

no one is saying cesc is bad, he just didn't fit our team and held us back no doubt he is talent just not for us.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:18 am

That statement looked like one of Gil's posts here in Goal-Legacy.

Mes Que Un Club indeed.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:23 am

Collblanc wrote:finally we got rid of the cancer

Donuts wrote:no one is saying cesc is bad, he just didn't fit our team and held us back no doubt he is talent just not for us.

When is Cancer not bad?  scratch 
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:28 am

alright let me rephrase that, no one that has any real value to their posts is saying that cesc is bad. xD
it was a good set of business, Barca sold someone they didn't need and Chelsea got a good player for a pretty decent price i couldn't be happier for both sides
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:33 am

Donuts wrote:alright let me rephrase that, no one that has any real value to their posts is saying that cesc is bad. xD
it was a good set of business, Barca sold someone they didn't need and Chelsea got a good player for a pretty decent price i couldn't be happier for both sides

Fair enough.

I think that is why the deal did not take ages to materialise. Cesc needed a new club, we needed a CM, Barca didn't want too much money going to Arsenal.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:05 am

VendettaRed07 wrote:This just strikes me as a weird signing. Coming off a season where Mou benched and sold Mata in favor of Oscar, I just find it weird to go after Cesc. I have a feeling he'll just be ostracized after a while

Oscar's form has gone completely downhill since Mata left. Mourinho saw this and bought Mata 2.0 to get the best out of Oscar again. Seems to work as well. First day of Cesc's signing and Oscar is already putting in his first world class performance since December. Cesc will play the Benchbregas role.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:10 am

http://neymarketing.wordpress.com/2014/06/09/requiem-for-a-dream-how-barcelonas-prodigal-son-became-their-most-damaging-signing-in-a-generation/

(..) Cesc interchanged with Iniesta on the left hand side of central midfield and attack. Neither is particularly pacey and Messi was under medical and technical orders to limit his sprinting, so as not to risk a further aggravation of his troubled hamstring. Tata’s solution to this lack of pace was to play the lightning-quick Neymar on the right. At first it all worked. Iniesta scored the opener at the end of a move straight out of the classic Barcelona mould. Real Madrid were passed into the ground and coolly scythed open. Then the capital side stood back up and hit back where Barcelona were weakest.

While there was a confusion down the left, with Fabregas and Iniesta typically occupying similar spaces, on the right it would be fair to say that there was nothing. Neymar himself was on his way back from injury and was being played out of his preferred position. This was done to get more from Cesc, but it resulted in getting a lot less from Neymar. Even worse, it left the always defensively-suspect Dani Alves completely exposed, with no cover at all. Madrid and especially Angel Di Maria were rampant. They equalised, took the lead and could have extended it by two, three, however many goals. Barcelona were in absolute disarray and Martino did not seem to have an answer. Most of the viewers did though. Fabregas had to come off, with either Neymar moving to the left or also coming off, as both had been utterly anonymous.

Neymar was eventually taken off in the 67th minute, after having won the penalty that pulled Barcelona level at 3-3. Cesc was taken off ten minutes later and Messi converted another penalty to win a game which was acclaimed as one of the great Clasicos. The question that many Barcelona fans and observers were asking though was just how decisive a victory could they have achieved had Martino chosen the ‘right’ line-up from the start. The huge win though kept the inquisition to a minimum.

Then he made the same mistake again.

The Champions League quarter-final first leg against Atletico Madrid was always going to be a close affair; Barcelona had met them three times already during the first half of the season and all three games were drawn. Further, with Valdes ruled out for the season and Pique subbed off injured after ten minutes, they needed to take something from the game. In this, arguably the biggest game of the season thus far, Fabregas was once again a shadow. With his side trailing to a wonderful strike from Diego Ribas, Martino finally took off Fabregas and restored Neymar to the left wing, with Iniesta also dropping back into his true position in midfield. The effect was as quick as it was brilliant. Iniesta fed Neymar with a perfect pass and the Brazilian scored a stunning equaliser.

77th , 67th , 61st. Those were the times in the three huge games that Martino chose finally to take Cesc off. Each time he was deciding sooner. It seemed plain that he had learned the lesson. But no. Astonishingly, again just eight days later in the Copa del Rey final against Real Madrid, Martino once more deployed him on the left to interchange with Iniesta and, once more, it did not work. He was substituted in the 60th minute and Barcelona lost.

Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:19 pm

yeah that's how the real world works

"mr applicant, i see here that you were fired from your previous job, why was that?"
"managerial reasons... so when do i start?"

i think it's hilarious, more clubs should be doing this rather than the usual PR nonsense that everyone could see through

What the f are you talking about?

clubs sell players all the time and guess what in many of the cases the reason for selling is because the player has been bad. but to sell a player and officially say "he was bad so we sold him" is as classless and disrespectful as it can get.

pathetic act from Barcelona. wow.

Last edited by Mamad on Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:22 pm

Real Mehdrid fans be mad because Barca got rid of the cancer. Proud

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:41 pm

Fußball wrote:Real Mehdrid fans be mad because Barca got rid of the cancer. Proud
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:14 pm

Peccadillo wrote:These particular principles apply to any industry, football included.

Just say "footballing reasons" like every other club does. A detailed explanation is neither required or expected.

And yet, I expected it.

And it was hardly detailed.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:27 pm

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/football/first-team/detail/article/cesc-fabregas-three-years-in-numbers

Barca changed the story on Cesc Laughing They realized that the comments were too low even for the current management of Barca. When are your elections again? Even for a Madrid fan, your management is making me angry lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:03 pm

This current Barca management so unclassy, on and off the pitch.

Pretty pathetic to take a stab at him like that.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:15 pm

Some intern is going to get fired Lmao Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:23 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Some intern is going to get fired Lmao Laughing

Should be hired sports director tbh with that sort of expertise. hmm

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:52 pm

That was class statement by Barca.

I for example loved it when LFCTV didn't wish Torres best of luck in the future, as they do with everyone else.

Cesc was a main culprit in Barca's glory years to end, basically forced Barca to buy him, and bitched and moaned all the time playing utter garbage. Why would they wish him well ?

Well in Barca, and congratulations for getting rid of the cancer, and THANK YOU so much for dumping this waste and finished player on a PL rival of us Proud

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:54 pm

cant wait till he gifts barca a goal in the CL  Proud 
MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:57 pm

Natalie Portman wrote:That was class statement by Barca.

I for example loved it when LFCTV didn't wish Torres best of luck in the future, as they do with everyone else.

Cesc was a main culprit in Barca's glory years to end, basically forced Barca to buy him, and bitched and moaned all the time playing utter garbage. Why would they wish him well ?

Well in Barca, and congratulations for getting rid of the cancer, and THANK YOU so much for dumping this waste and finished player on a PL rival of us Proud

I think his move to barca was more mutual than you claim it was.. or I must have imagined half the Spanish squad trying to force a Barca shirt onto him at the world cup final.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next