Gil
jibers
Winter is Coming
Valkyrja
Hawky
21 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Villa vs. Raul? - Page 2 Empty Re: Villa vs. Raul?

Post by jibers Tue May 27, 2014 9:16 pm

McAgger wrote:28 year old Xavi was being schooled around by disinterested-past-it Guti. Laughing

Only when Guardiola came did Xavi really reach that prime level. Before that Xabi shat on him. You *bleep* idiot jibs.

What are you on about? So Guardiola was coach when Xavi was the best player in the Euros. So when you make a player the centre of the team they don't play better? A bit of common sense here mate. Xavi started being the centre. Obviously as a cm if you have less touches you have less influence. I suppose Messi is worse than Higuain seeing as Pipita was part of the Madrid team that raped Barcelona pre Pep. What nonsense.

jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue May 27, 2014 9:18 pm

I answer this the same way, every single time

Go watch Barcelona-Milan in 04, see how stupid that comment is, then come back and apologise.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue May 27, 2014 9:19 pm

The Franchise wrote:I answer this the same way, every single time

Go watch Barcelona-Milan in 04, see how stupid that comment is, then come back and apologise.

Go watch Madrid Barca in April 2008 and come back and apologize to me.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue May 27, 2014 9:19 pm

It's hard to argue with fan boys when their favoutite players are said to be not as good. xavi being a better footballer takes nothing away from Alonso. Alonso is a fantastic Thugista.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue May 27, 2014 9:20 pm

jibers wrote:
McAgger wrote:28 year old Xavi was being schooled around by disinterested-past-it Guti. Laughing

Only when Guardiola came did Xavi really reach that prime level. Before that Xabi shat on him. You *bleep* idiot jibs.

What are you on about? So Guardiola was coach when Xavi was the best player in the Euros. So when you make a player the centre of the team they don't play better? A bit of common sense here mate. Xavi started being the centre. Obviously as a cm if you have less touches you have less influence. I suppose Messi is worse than Higuain seeing as Pipita was part of the Madrid team that raped Barcelona pre Pep. What nonsense.

Xavi reached is prime in 2008. That's what I said. The Euro's was 2008 you *bleep* bellend. At club level only when Guardiola came did he show that same sort of level at Barca that he did at the Euros.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue May 27, 2014 9:21 pm

McAgger wrote:

So by that Pipita is better than Messi? What a silly comparison. At the end of the day, Xavi has reached a level Alonso cannot simply achieve. Xavi is regarded as SPains best player of all time by many as was the centre of SPains success. Saying a player raped another player is just silly. Barcelona were worse than the last 2 months under Tito.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue May 27, 2014 9:22 pm

McAgger wrote:
jibers wrote:

Xavi reached is prime in 2008. That's what I said. The Euro's was 2008 you *bleep* bellend. At club level only when Guardiola came did he show that same sort of level at Barca that he did at the Euros.

Are you drunk fella?
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue May 27, 2014 9:22 pm

Apologise for what? What would showing that game prove?

You realise who is the one making claims here? It's you, by saying Xavi was nothing pre Pep/did nothing special. Which of course is total nonesense, unless of course you never watched or you dont know what your talking about.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue May 27, 2014 9:24 pm

jibers wrote:
McAgger wrote:

So by that Pipita is better than Messi? What a silly comparison. At the end of the day, Xavi has reached a level Alonso cannot simply achieve. Xavi is regarded as SPains best player of all time by many as was the centre of SPains success. Saying a player raped another player is just silly. Barcelona were worse than the last 2 months under Tito.

GTFO that was just a sarcastic remark to his idiotic answer. Pointing out one match to me Laughing

Why the *bleep* are you bringing up Pipita and Messi. That's got nothing to do with it you pos. And you know we're not talking about the absolutely top level that Xavi reached you pos. I'm saying in 2006 Alonso was indeed better than Xavi. Once Xavi reached his prime he was much better.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue May 27, 2014 9:27 pm

Yes, because thats all Xavi had. One match, his entire career pre Pep, he was actually crap Laughing

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue May 27, 2014 9:28 pm

The Franchise wrote:Yes, because thats all Xavi had. One match, his entire career pre Pep, he was actually crap Laughing

That's not what I said.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue May 27, 2014 9:30 pm

McAgger wrote:
jibers wrote:
McAgger wrote:

GTFO that was just a sarcastic remark to his idiotic answer. Pointing out one match to me Laughing

Why the *bleep* are you bringing up Pipita and Messi. That's got nothing to do with it you pos. And you know we're not talking about the absolutely top level that Xavi reached you pos. I'm saying in 2006 Alonso was indeed better than Xavi. Once Xavi reached his prime he was much better.

McFagger, do you love me?

At least you know. Then what are we arguing about?
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue May 27, 2014 9:32 pm

jibers wrote:

Someone said Alonso was better than xavi in 2006. I said yes I agree. And in my opinion that's true.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue May 27, 2014 9:33 pm

You aint sayin nothin'.

People who actually bothered watching could see Xavi was better even then. Plenty games to prove it.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue May 27, 2014 9:35 pm

McAgger wrote:
jibers wrote:

Someone said Alonso was better than xavi in 2006. I said yes I agree. And in my opinion that's true.

I don't agree tbh. I thought Xavi was better and I was praying we got him because there were rumours Sad

jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Tue May 27, 2014 9:36 pm

Xavi did not magically became better in 2008, after Pep he was just used in a way that maximised his potential imo, he became the integral part of a team that focused so much on fast circulation of the ball and passing.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue May 27, 2014 9:37 pm

Alonso has never been better than Xavi lol. Alonso only reached WC level in the 08-09 season before that Benitez wanted to bench him for Gareth Barry. Laughing
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue May 27, 2014 9:40 pm

Gil wrote:Alonso has never been better than Xavi lol. Alonso only reached WC level in the 08-09 season before that Benitez wanted to bench him for Gareth Barry. Laughing

and look how it turned out  Laughing 
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue May 27, 2014 9:42 pm

Gil wrote:Alonso has never been better than Xavi lol. Alonso only reached WC level in the 08-09 season before that Benitez wanted to bench him for Gareth Barry. Laughing

That's the reason he wanted to leave rofl

That WC player Proud
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue May 27, 2014 9:43 pm

F is Alonso lol
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue May 27, 2014 9:47 pm

Alonso, the most instrumental part of our team that got us to 2 CL finals only reached WC in 2009 rofl

Gil just because you are an idiot and didn't know of Alonso's quality before 2008 doesn't mean he wasn't good Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed May 28, 2014 7:21 pm

The Franchise wrote:

F is Alonso lol

Dat Xavi dictating as usual Proud

anyway , it would be so nice if this thread actually got back on topic . lol

Raul or Villa , what's your take . Would like to read your opinion on this , what you have to say about a persistent class opponent such as Raul and of course , how you see Villa , a former Barcelona player next to Raul. I didn't add in my post that , Villa is holding on just as good , if not better at this age than what Raul did . Although i do doubt if Villa can look as good in his twilight years , he doesn't seem particularly affected by age , just by injuries in the last couple of years.

Raul had problems too , back problems i think , yet he managed some very decent and impressive performances at Schalke . Not sure if Villa's stint at Atletico is the equivalent to Raul's case , but after Atletico i have doubts as to if he can continue on at the big stage , seeing Atletico's game is very intensive and requires every single player in that team to work their socks off. In that sense , i feel we're watching a similar scenario to Raul's again , where Villa is playing his last trully big games . I'd say both have been at least fantastic after their prime years , even though for Villa it might seem a bit premature to say accurately .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Wed May 28, 2014 8:03 pm

McAgger... Ease up with the petty insults.
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed May 28, 2014 9:45 pm

In terms of Villa vs Raul, its very hard to say. I mean Villa played the majority of his career as a 9, only with Barca and now Atletico does he play differently.

Raul was always a second striker, his role similar to that of Villa's now (when Costa plays) actually.

In terms of qualities, Villa was quicker and faster and great with both feet.

Raul had those moments of incredible brilliance , was there a better player at chipping the ball over the on-rushing goalkeeper, until Messi?

On NT level, people can make all the excuse in the world but Raul was unperforming. Forget about Spain who underperformed generally, he himself was playing below the expected level. Spain had plenty of quality, the entire team played poor.

I recall strongly in from like 96-02, they had players like Hierro, Nadal, Luis Enrique, Guardiola, Guerrero, Baraja, Morientes, Baraja, Valeron, Mendieta...all in their primes. They as a team always dissapointed, despite playing great football...so dont tell me they didnt have players, they had plenty players. They just failed to perform how they should.

Thats not a knock on Raul's greatness, things happen, his quality was pretty low on the list of reasons for it not going well. But indeed, he underperformed and so did the team.

Really, I dont know who was better. Ill cop out.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed May 28, 2014 9:57 pm

Raul.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu May 29, 2014 5:57 am

The Franchise wrote:In terms of Villa vs Raul, its very hard to say. I mean Villa played the majority of his career as a 9, only with Barca and now Atletico does he play differently.

Raul was always a second striker, his role similar to that of Villa's now (when Costa plays) actually.

In terms of qualities, Villa was quicker and faster and great with both feet.

Raul had those moments of incredible brilliance , was there a better player at chipping the ball over the on-rushing goalkeeper, until Messi?

On NT level, people can make all the excuse in the world but Raul was unperforming. Forget about Spain who underperformed generally, he himself was playing below the expected level. Spain had plenty of quality, the entire team played poor.

I recall strongly in from like 96-02, they had players like Hierro, Nadal, Luis Enrique, Guardiola, Guerrero, Baraja, Morientes, Baraja, Valeron, Mendieta...all in their primes. They as a team always dissapointed, despite playing great football...so dont tell me they didnt have players, they had plenty players. They just failed to perform how they should.

Thats not a knock on Raul's greatness, things happen, his quality was pretty low on the list of reasons for it not going well. But indeed, he underperformed and so did the team.

Really, I dont know who was better. Ill cop out.

yes, but that players are nothing to the likes of Xavi and Iniesta.

and IMO Raul is a better chipper than Messi. The guy could have made a chip from basically any position and angle
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next