lszanto
sportsczy
DeletedUser#1
Onyx
16 posters

Go down

Eto'o: "A fool called me an old man" Empty Eto'o: "A fool called me an old man"

Post by Onyx Thu May 15, 2014 10:50 pm

Samuel Eto'o has described Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho as a "fool" for questioning his age and vowed to play on at the highest level for some time to come.

Eto'o told africanfootball.com: "Thanks for informing me that it will be my last World Cup.

"Today, I am 33 years old. And it is not because a fool called me an old man that you must believe it.

"And you may have noticed that the old man was better than the youngsters.

"Some believe I am going to retire in the United States or in the Middle East, but I have regained the joy of the Champions League and I am going to carry on playing in the Champions League. Where? I am not going to tell you.

"But I am going to carry on playing because physically and mentally I feel great.

"So I am going to go to this World Cup and to the next one when I will be 37.

"Some did it at 42, so I can still play in two more World Cups."

Following Chelsea's final game of the season at Cardiff, Mourinho suggested Eto'o would depart this summer, at the end of his one-season deal.

http://www.itv.com/sport/football/article/2014-05-15/etoo-slams-chelsea-boss-mourinho-over-age-comments/

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Eto'o: "A fool called me an old man" Empty Re: Eto'o: "A fool called me an old man"

Post by DeletedUser#1 Thu May 15, 2014 10:54 pm

the dressing room implosion at Chelsea, will be epic next year Proud

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Eto'o: "A fool called me an old man" Empty Re: Eto'o: "A fool called me an old man"

Post by sportsczy Thu May 15, 2014 10:55 pm

He's right.  He may no longer be the Eto'o of old.  But he can still be very effective if used properly.  Mourinho lost the plot in terms of an attacking philosophy at Madrid.  It was all about punting the ball towards CR7 and letting him do his thing.  It failed in his last year at Madrid and now it failed with Hazard at Chelsea.  

If i play Chelsea, i sit back and let them come to me because they have no idea how to build an attack or how to defend against a counter attack.  No reason to try and create play against a Mou team unless you have a decided advantage in the midfield.  The blueprint against him is very clear.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Thu May 15, 2014 10:58 pm

sportsczy wrote:He's right.  He may no longer be the Eto'o of old.  But he can still be very effective if used properly.  Mourinho lost the plot in terms of an attacking philosophy at Madrid.  It was all about punting the ball towards CR7 and letting him do his thing.  It failed in his last year at Madrid and now it failed with Hazard at Chelsea.  

If i play Chelsea, i sit back and let them come to me because they have no idea how to build an attack or how to defend against a counter attack.  No reason to try and create play against a Mou team unless you have a decided advantage in the midfield.  The blueprint against him is very clear.

It's a shame managers that are paid millions to study this stuff for a living can't work it out when some guy on a forum has it all sorted.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu May 15, 2014 11:45 pm

You would need to see or at least hear this interview to know in which way Eto'o meant the word "fool". He might have said it with a big smile, meaning nothing negative with it, like you might call your best friend a fool (or worse).

Eto'o looked OK this season. Nothing special. I doubt Chelsea are going to keep him - although Mourinho likes to keep some of these oldies around. Also, if Eto'o is sure he'll be playing in the CL next season, Turkey is the only option that immediately comes to mind (if it's not Chelsea). Unless Monaco are feeling a bit desperate.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Thu May 15, 2014 11:47 pm

Both Pep and Mou are victims  Clubber 
He has beaten Ibra :bow:

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu May 15, 2014 11:47 pm

He is not staying at Chelsea is he? Atletico madrid would suit him, but wages...
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu May 15, 2014 11:49 pm

Atletico Madrid need a striker they can sell on in a year or two :coffee:
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Thu May 15, 2014 11:55 pm

internazionale...
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu May 15, 2014 11:56 pm

Atletico will probably go for Bacca/Immobile etc. Also wouldn't be surprised if they went for an expensive option like Jackson Martinez.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu May 15, 2014 11:59 pm

lszanto wrote:
sportsczy wrote:He's right.  He may no longer be the Eto'o of old.  But he can still be very effective if used properly.  Mourinho lost the plot in terms of an attacking philosophy at Madrid.  It was all about punting the ball towards CR7 and letting him do his thing.  It failed in his last year at Madrid and now it failed with Hazard at Chelsea.  

It's a shame managers that are paid millions to study this stuff for a living can't work it out when some guy on a forum has it all sorted.
They don't because there's pressure to not only win but play beautifully at many of the top clubs.  Only under rare circumstances (and i mean very rare) are historical elite clubs allowed to play conservative... if the managers at these clubs play ugly football in most of the big games, they would get kicked out on their arse (which is what happened to Mou at Madrid btw).  And then you have managers that are just too proud to lower themselves to playing a certain way.

For the elite clubs, it's not just about winning.... it's how you win as well.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by che Fri May 16, 2014 12:18 am

lszanto wrote:

simeone worked it out... and klopp... and benitez... and heynckes... and guardiola...
i don't quite understand how someone who lost 5/7 cl semifinals he's been to is viewed as a tactical mastermind
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri May 16, 2014 12:58 am

reaching 7 semi finals is no easy task to begin with...
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri May 16, 2014 1:02 am

He's not talking about Eto'o you morons. Someone claimed he was lying about his age that's who he was clearly referring to.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 16, 2014 1:06 am

Gil wrote:He's not talking about Eto'o you morons. Someone claimed he was lying about his age that's who he was clearly referring to.

He's not talking about himself?

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri May 16, 2014 2:19 am

Mourinhio: Reaching Champions League semi-final is like a trophy.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri May 16, 2014 2:43 am

Betty La Fea wrote:
Gil wrote:He's not talking about Eto'o you morons. Someone claimed he was lying about his age that's who he was clearly referring to.

rofl gold
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Fri May 16, 2014 4:05 am

sportsczy wrote:Only under rare circumstances (and i mean very rare) are historical elite clubs allowed to play conservative... if the managers at these clubs play ugly football in most of the big games, they would get kicked out on their arse (which is what happened to Mou at Madrid btw).  And then you have managers that are just too proud to lower themselves to playing a certain way.

Did you see Bayern pre-LvG?
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by boyzis Fri May 16, 2014 6:09 am

sportsczy wrote:
They don't because there's pressure to not only win but play beautifully at many of the top clubs.  Only under rare circumstances (and i mean very rare) are historical elite clubs allowed to play conservative... if the managers at these clubs play ugly football in most of the big games, they would get kicked out on their arse (which is what happened to Mou at Madrid btw).  And then you have managers that are just too proud to lower themselves to playing a certain way.

This I have been saying this you explained it very well. +2000000000000000

boyzis
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri May 16, 2014 6:25 am

Can't wait till Mourinho dominates football again. Two "poor" seasons in a row and the haters come crawling out of their caves.

He supposedly plays "ugly football" yet he holds the La Liga scoring record.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by nadinkrah Fri May 16, 2014 7:50 am

lol @ thats why he left Madrid. By parking the bus against Man UTD and almost beating Dortmund.
nadinkrah
nadinkrah
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri May 16, 2014 7:55 am

Betty La Fea wrote:

rofl 
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu May 22, 2014 1:41 am

Samuel Eto’o has again hit out at his detractors – notably the Chelsea manager José Mourinho – over his age.

In an interview with the Confederation of African Football website, the 33-year-old Cameroon striker made reference to Mourinho as a “puppet” after previously describing his boss as a “fool” in comments which are almost certain to signal his departure from Stamford Bridge.

Eto’o, who won the Champions League under Mourinho while at Internazionale, said on cafonline.com: “Contrary to what a puppet says about my age, I am still physically fit. At 33, I feel real good. I have proven that I could do better than youths.”

Mourinho was caught on camera making unguarded comments suggesting Eto’o was older than his official age earlier this season.

Eto’o, who scored 12 times for the Blues, celebrated his next goal by acting like a geriatric and repeated his aim is to continue playing at the top level in Europe.

“And I wish to also say that I am not going to the United States or to the Middle East,” said Eto’o, who is out of contract at Chelsea following a season-long deal after leaving Anzhi Makhachkala. “I will continue at the top level. I will continue to play the Champions League.

“My romance with this competition is far from over. I will not tell you where, but I will be at the top level.

“I am 33 and I have two World Cups to play. Before me there are other players who went on until the age of 41. So I can continue.”

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/21/samuel-etoo-puppet-jose-mourinho-chelsea

Well, safe to say it won't be at Chelsea where he will continue to play in the Champions League x)
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down