animal.crackers
Sushi Master
Great Leader Sprucenuce
43 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Football Leagues TV Money - Page 5 Empty Re: Football Leagues TV Money

Post by Forza Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:47 am

farfan wrote:midget league doesn't have enough relevant teams to rival with serie A .
True. Also, Italian TV companies are just willing to pay more for Serie A than Spanish TV is willing to pay for La Liga. Both leagues get most of their money from domestic TV rights, not international.

Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrickature Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:02 am

La Liga have been missing a trick for years. The pool of talent they have their is immense - think how many Spanish players playing in the Premier League and they're not really missed.

But as stated above all the tv money goes to Barca and Madrid. If they shared it out better than the other clubs would be far more competitive and the league in my opinion would be the best in the world.

The problem is Barca and Madrid are too powerful and won't let it happen.

Which means they're left with a league like the Scottish one a few years ago, where 9 times out of 10 it's between the same 2 sides.

Say what you like about English football but the Premier League is the number 1 league.
Carrickature
Carrickature
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:17 pm

Ok this has just made me severely angry Laughing

90+ in TV money alone but we can't afford to spend money apparently Rolling Eyes
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:26 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:90+ in TV money alone but we can't afford to spend money apparently Rolling Eyes

Well, I guess part of the problem in the UK are the player wages. I bet a lot of the money goes into the money the players get.

BTW, I recently stumbled over this overview of the money it took to assemble the 2013/14 squads of the top leagues, just for comparison with the TV money the clubs get:
Football Leagues TV Money - Page 5 Premie10
Source: http://www.myoldmansaid.com/aston-villa-squad-cost-compared-premier-league/

Last edited by rwo power on Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:29 pm

that's from january, so the summer window is not included.

By now Man Utd have the most expensive squad, just as Barca should be beyond 300m, and Arsenal have probably overtaken us hmm
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:31 pm

Yeah, I added that it's for the 2013/14 squads above. I'd love to see a current version for the 2014/15 squads.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:33 pm

It used to be a figure on transfermarkt under the squad overviews (total purchase value), but it's gone since a while hmm
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:35 pm

Wages are paid for by 50k fans at every home game among other things.

There's really no excuse for it and our wages paid isn't much anyway, most of the players get 40k or less.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:35 pm

Yeah, transfermarkt.de got much worse after their redesign. I'm missing the penalty statistics for the goalkeepers, too.

By the way, I'm very impressed by Schalke's numbers. Knappenschmiede :bow:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri May 01, 2015 1:49 am

Real Madrid and Barcelona will no longer monopolise the television money in Spain after a new deal was announced on Thursday.

Spain's two biggest clubs have negotiated their own agreements for the sale of broadcasting rights in recent years, giving them a huge advantage over the rest of the teams in La Liga, but that trend will now end after the Spanish government gave the green light for a new deal to be brought in.

Barca and Madrid (who were receiving €150 million per year - three times the amount earned by other clubs in the Primera Division) will no longer be able to sell television rights individually, with a new centralised system spreading the wealth throughout the top flight.

The new deal sees 50 per cent of the share distributed equally between all 20 Liga teams, with the other 50% determined by other criteria, such as league position in the previous five seasons, capacity to generate funds through broadcasting and social relevance.

It means Madrid and Barca will continue to earn more than the rest, but only because they are the two biggest, most popular and most successful sides in the country - and the new agreement is the fair deal other clubs in Spain have been calling for over the last few years.

"This Royal Decree aims to end the enormous imbalance of income," Spain's Culture and Sports Minister Jose Ignacio Wert said after the agreement was announced on Thursday.

And Miguel Cardenal, Secretary of State for Sport, added in a statement: "It was necessary. This way, Spain won't lose ground on the other great leagues. It's a historic day for Spanish football."

Finally, LFP president Javier Tebas said: "A new league is born. This was necessary for the development and growth of our sector. A new story begins for Spanish professional football."

http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2015/04/30/11294462/new-tv-deal-ends-barcelona-and-real-madrid-monopoly?ICID=HP_BN_6
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri May 01, 2015 2:03 am

Big lulz that the government had to get involved.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri May 01, 2015 3:01 am

When there is a duopoly the government has to step in and regulate that...

In any case, this is at best a temporary solution. As a permanent one it's pretty bad compared to the other major leagues.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri May 01, 2015 10:33 am

great news, isn't it?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Football Leagues TV Money - Page 5 Empty How the new La Liga TV revenue deal willl work

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri May 01, 2015 9:17 pm

There's a surprising lack of information about how the proposed deal works, so I went to twitter for info:

https://twitter.com/RobertoBayon_ (financial journalist dealing with Spanish clubs)

Looks like Barca and Real will have a guarantee to make at least as much as they currently make for the next 6 years, but there's also potential to make more depending on how good a deal they are able to negotiate. If the TV deal goes for 1B Barca/Real could make up to 97m, if it goes for 1.1B then they could make up to 105m, if it goes for 1.475B then they could make up to 140m and if it goes up to 1.7B then they could make up to 160m.

In all scenarios Barca and Real will make a minimum of what they currently earn (140m as of 2010) so I'm not sure how that will work out if they can't get at least 1.475B for the league rights.

With a 1B contract the minimum for the lowest paid club would go for 24-28m. This is more than every club but Real, Barca, Atleti and Valencia made, so it's a raise for 80% of the clubs, in many instances doubling their income. It could be even more if they get more than 1B for the TV rights.

The big winner, and instigator I think, is the Hacienda (tax authority) who under this new deal will be able to hold TV revenue for any unpaid taxes. So this will force clubs to get their act together or get that deducted.

The new deal won't go into effect until 2016-17. Next year BEIN sports wil also establish itself in Spain which could increase the pool of bidding networks. As far s I can tell, this only affects the rights for domestic TV revenue.

According to different sources Valencia, assuming they remain mostly where they've been placed in the past, would go from making 48m to 60-70m. I assume Atleti would see a similar increase.

This page goes into more detail about the specific breakdown of income.

92% would go to the clubs
1.5% would go to high level athletes and amateur football (Segunda B and women's football)
3.5% would go for teams that get relegated from their category
1% for the LFP
2% for the RFEF

Of the 92% that goes to the clubs, 90% goes to first division and 10% to Segunda A.

For 1st division teams the breakdown for individual clubs is: 50% equal parts, 25% results over the past 5 seasons, 25% notoriety factor

For Segunda A teams the breakdown for individual clubs is: 70% equal parts, 15% last season's results, 15% for notoriety factor.

They also indicate that they currently value the league at 700-1000m euros but think they can grow it in the medium term to 1500m. Another 300-500m could be added from international rights.

Some of my own comments:

Seems like the "25%for notoriety factor" is how they got the big teams to agree to this change, and where they plan to get the money to ensure that Barca and Real don't lose money. If this is successful and they manage to get a deal for 1.5B (the level at which Barca and Real wouldn't need special assurances to make as much as they do now), would those clubs be willing to let go of these provisions?

Also who is popular enough in 2nd division to be able to pull a notoriety factor clause?!

Right now all the clubs combined, in both divisions, make 700m. They think that they can get about 1000m from collective bargaining. This in itself is a good reasons for why this should have happened ages ago.

The performance is based not on the current table but the "past 5 years' performance". What happens if a club is relegated/recently promoted?

Spain has 3m subscribers for paid sports channels whereas England has 9m. Seems like they will have to work hard to get those numbers up if they want to get a good deal. This makes their rosy estimates very shady in my opinion.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat May 02, 2015 2:09 am

Fantastic bc top poster
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Footyfan Sat May 02, 2015 8:17 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:There's a surprising lack of information about how the proposed deal works, so I went to twitter for info:

https://twitter.com/RobertoBayon_ (financial journalist dealing with Spanish clubs)

Looks like Barca and Real will have a guarantee to make at least as much as they currently make for the next 6 years, but there's also potential to make more depending on how good a deal they are able to negotiate. If the TV deal goes for 1B Barca/Real could make up to 97m, if it goes for 1.1B then they could make up to 105m, if it goes for 1.475B then they could make up to 140m and if it goes up to 1.7B then they could make up to 160m.

In all scenarios Barca and Real will make a minimum of what they currently earn (140m as of 2010) so I'm not sure how that will work out if they can't get at least 1.475B for the league rights.

With a 1B contract the minimum for the lowest paid club would go for 24-28m. This is more than every club but Real, Barca, Atleti and Valencia made, so it's a raise for 80% of the clubs, in many instances doubling their income. It could be even more if they get more than 1B for the TV rights.

The big winner, and instigator I think, is the Hacienda (tax authority) who under this new deal will be able to hold TV revenue for any unpaid taxes. So this will force clubs to get their act together or get that deducted.

The new deal won't go into effect until 2016-17. Next year BEIN sports wil also establish itself in Spain which could increase the pool of bidding networks. As far s I can tell, this only affects the rights for domestic TV revenue.

According to different sources Valencia, assuming they remain mostly where they've been placed in the past, would go from making 48m to 60-70m. I assume Atleti would see a similar increase.

This page goes into more detail about the specific breakdown of income.

92% would go to the clubs
1.5% would go to high level athletes and amateur football (Segunda B and women's football)
3.5% would go for teams that get relegated from their category
1% for the LFP
2% for the RFEF

Of the 92% that goes to the clubs, 90% goes to first division and 10% to Segunda A.

For 1st division teams the breakdown for individual clubs is: 50% equal parts, 25% results over the past 5 seasons, 25% notoriety factor

For Segunda A teams the breakdown for individual clubs is: 70% equal parts, 15% last season's results, 15% for notoriety factor.

They also indicate that they currently value the league at 700-1000m euros but think they can grow it in the medium term to 1500m. Another 300-500m could be added from international rights.

Some of my own comments:

Seems like the "25%for notoriety factor" is how they got the big teams to agree to this change, and where they plan to get the money to ensure that Barca and Real don't lose money. If this is successful and they manage to get a deal for 1.5B (the level at which Barca and Real wouldn't need special assurances to make as much as they do now), would those clubs be willing to let go of these provisions?  

Also who is popular enough in 2nd division to be able to pull a notoriety factor clause?!

Right now all the clubs combined, in both divisions, make 700m. They think that they can get about 1000m from collective bargaining. This in itself is a good reasons for why this should have happened ages ago.

The performance is based not on the current table but the "past 5 years' performance". What happens if a club is relegated/recently promoted?

Spain has 3m subscribers for paid sports channels whereas England has 9m. Seems like they will have to work hard to get those numbers up if they want to get a good deal. This makes their rosy estimates very shady in my opinion.

Fantastic post but don't you think 1B more revenue is a bit of an over-statement. Isn't 1.151 to 1.4/1.5B odd a more realistic assessment as in your initial post. While this deal isn't maybe as equitable as say EPL but is still massively better than the previous one. 50% of the money is equally divided which is huge. Say you get 700M to be divided among teams(with a 1.5B odd deal), then each team gets 35M which is actually quite good.

Team like Athletico which maybe got 40M odd will get likely get 70M odd as apart from 50% equitable distribution they will be money based on League Position(Someone with say No.3 Position will earn good money), social relevance etc will also some peanuts kind of money.

I think what is happening is the cake expanding/doubling up odd and Real/Barca essentially having similar revenue or a slight increase while say the additional 700M is getting distributed among the smaller clubs. 35-40M of guaranteed revenue will be fantastic for some of the cash strapped clubs.

Ofcourse this is only a start, I think after 5-6 years when the next deal comes the cake will expand even more and the smaller clubs will get a huge chunk of it & Real/Barca get even less and with time we will transition into a more equitable distribution

Footyfan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat May 02, 2015 2:31 pm

I think it's definitely possible that they could get a deal for more than the 1B they want, but since this seems to be mandated by the government rather than coming from the private sector I wonder if they have the proper channels in place to really make the most out of it right away. Deals of this kind have a maximum duration of 3 years in Spain due to anti-monopoly laws so it'll be interesting to see how much more they will be able to increase the price until then. BEIN coming to Spain could play an important part, since they seem to be pretty price insensitive. Also by then (2019-20) Spain should be completely out of the recession and people will have more disposable income to spend on things like football.

But yeah, pretty much everyone is winning right away except for the big two. International rights will be sold the same way so that pie will get bigger too. Good times to be a smaller club in Spain, unless you are Barca/Madrid or in heavy debt.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:36 pm

Football Leagues TV Money - Page 5 DNd9kAVWkAAjZXF
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:46 pm

Time to be proud IMO
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:51 pm

Juventus rofl

Most money but still sell their best player every summer.

Joke club tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:53 pm

Juventus is a BIG BALLER BRAND

Not surprising to see Juve, QSG and Bayern among top 5 since they don't have to share european income with other domestic clubs.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:27 pm

Juve Proud

What a comeback from a club that was on the cusp of going to Milan like levels some years ago

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:54 pm

what is this system where we win 3 CLin the past 5 years and the floppiest CL team of all time juventus makes more money then us? that system is crap, needs to be revamped
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:11 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:what is this system where we win 3 CLin the past 5 years and the floppiest CL team of all time juventus makes more money then us? that system is crap, needs to be revamped

Its alright, you got that Morata money after all

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue May 29, 2018 9:03 pm

Mohamed Bouhafsi
@ mohamedbouhafsi

The @ Ligue1Conforama is now worth 1.153 billion per season! # rightsTV

Ligue 1 got a huge deal starting from 2020-2024 from Mediapro worth 1.15 billion euros a year. The same MediaPro deal which got terminated by Serie A :

The Spanish broker had won the bidding war for the rights in February for €1.05bn, but Sky Sport Italia won a court case to have the tender suspended for not respecting Italian antitrust regulations.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue May 29, 2018 9:05 pm

they overpaid by about 1.14 billion
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine