Art Morte
Benry
urbaNRoots
RealGunner
9 posters

Go down

Arsene 1000 Empty Arsene 1000

Post by RealGunner Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:48 pm

http://www.arsenal.com/assets/_files/scaled/696x392/mar_14/gun__1395395957_wenger_1000_presentation.jpg

Greatest Arsenal manager of all time. Not even manager but the greatest thing to ever happen to us. There are not enough words to describe what he has done for us. Other fans will never understand the influence has had over us and what he means to us. No other manager would have gone through the transitional period and still keep us amongst the best. No other manager could dream of going 49 games unbeaten in the league.

1000 games is a fantastic achievement. He has the best win ratio of any Arsenal manager. Hopefully we see him for more years to come with more success.

To Arsene

It is a major achievement to reach 1,000 games as a manager at such a high level and I would like to send my congratulations to Arsène. When I signed my contract with Arsenal I remember there were some doubts about my knee injury at the time but he had such faith in me. I paid back that faith as the team went on to win a number of prizes together.

Marc Overmars

I have a lot of respect for Arsène and his achievements at Arsenal. From day one we had the same philosophy about how to play the game. I think we were right because we were successful together during our time at Arsenal.

There are two things I remember about him above everything else - like me, he loves passion and quality. He has always had a great passion for football and he is always looking for quality. Congratulations Arsène.

Dennis Bergkamp

First of all congratulations to Arsène for reaching the milestone of 1,000 games. Having been at the coalface of football along with Arsène for so long, I feel I am in a position to assess his achievement.

No one can survive the football industry as long as Arsène has without certain attributes and qualities. His undoubted love of the game was always apparent but his abundant energy and desire over all of those years has allowed him to survive in such an intense profession.
Of course his ability as a coach, manager and teacher have brought huge successes to Arsenal Football Club. However, it is his convictions, beliefs and philosophies that will always remind me that he is a special person. Someone who set out his way at a great
football club and produced some wonderful players and teams. Well done Arsène on your remarkable achievement of 1,000 games.
Sir Alex Ferguson

I had six great years at Arsenal under Arsène's management. It was nice to have him as a coach and learn the way he think about football in all aspects. His knowledge is fantastic and the way he work with the players and for the club is something special. He works 24 hours a day looking after the growth of the club and development of the players, and has participated in the new Arsenal stadium development and helped many big players at the club.

I feel happy for him that he is reaching his 1,000 games at this fantastic club that I'm proud to have been part of. I wish him all the best for the future as he deserves it, for what he did until now for the Club and for football itself.

I hope Arsenal win something this year to calm down the pressure on him for a title. Many people question him about when it will happen, and one day when he leaves the club people will realise the importance of having him as manager. Thanks Arsène for helping me and teaching me without saying anything. Thanks for what you have done for our beloved Arsenal and for football. All my best to you and your family.

Gilberto

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Arsene 1000 Empty Re: Arsene 1000

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:13 pm

Fantastic interview with David Dein on Wenger: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26680514
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:35 pm

The tough times

"I don't think anyone could predict that, but building the stadium was a necessity because we had outgrown Highbury. We had a season-ticket waiting list of about 30-40,000 people, so we had insatiable demand and had to make sure we could get more people in. We had to move.

"But with that comes it's own tensions because the truth is we didn't have enough money at the time. We were really punching above our weight. We had to buy bargains, get players cheaply and develop our own. There was a balancing act between building the stadium and keeping the team competitive. The fact that Arsene has managed to do that is an enormous achievement.

"In a way I think he is a victim of his own success. Winning trophies set a new level, the expectations of the fans became very high. They want a trophy and I sympathise with that - I'm a fan. But in the Premier League there's another 19 clubs who also want the same thing.

"Nobody wants success more than Arsene does. He's as competitive as ever, but getting the talent is easier said than done. Arsene also believes in stability and you've got to say his track record is good. OK, they've had a barren patch, but this season hopefully it will all change.

"Where he goes from here is another story because it is very competitive out there. I've got no idea if he'll sign a new contract - personally I'd like him to continue, but it will be his decision.

"It's fairly common knowledge that every season Real Madrid were after him. Indeed, the French Federation would have loved him to be France coach. But he's been very loyal and I think we'll be very lucky to see anybody celebrating 1,000 games with one club at the top level again."

Fantastic by Dein
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Benry Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:06 pm

Can't disagree with any of that; the greatest thing there ever will happen to the club we love. Any knock on effect e.g. Youth setup, revenue, elite club status, future success.

Took the Chelsea of 80's early 90's and completely transformed the club.

For me his greatest asset and the thing I love most about him is his class and loyalty. Two things that have been eroded in the modern game.

All I can say is thanks for everything Arsene Wenger, for me you are the greatest of all time.
Benry
Benry
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:26 pm

1000 draw tomorrow, thank you.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:33 pm

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BjRTmyHCIAES8YZ.png
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:52 pm

Thank you for everything, truly the greatest manager. We will not see another manager do what Wenger has done and went through, the bar is set high and I wish all the best what ever he decides to do at the end of the season.

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:11 am

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:07 am

I know I've criticised him before, but what I have always stood by is that he is genuinely the best thing that has happened to Arsenal Football Club. And he has done so much for this football club. You can see he truly loves this club and the passion has always been there.

There will never be another Arsène Wenger again. And I say that with pride.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:59 am

KENNY DAGLISH:-
"In the last few years, people have started to take him for granted, but what he has achieved has been remarkable."

DAVID DEIN:-
"He has transformed the club, revolutionised the club. Whenever he leaves he will leave behind a phenomenal state-of-the-art training facility, a wonderful stadium, a very good squad and a legacy of what he's won."

SIR CHIPS KESWICK:-
“I think more important than the number is what he's done for Arsenal and actually for world football. He has made it back into the beautiful game, which it's often called but seldom achieved. I think that is the great achievement."

THOMAS VERMAELEN:-
"Everybody wants him to stay as long as he can. He's been incredible with what he's done for this club and for the players as well. We would be really happy to see him signing on for a few more years."

SIR ALEX FERGUSON:-
"I congratulate Arsene in reaching this momentous landmark. I always enjoy watching Arsene's sides – Arsenal play the right way. He has created a permanent legacy during his 1000 matches with the club."

THIERRY HENRY:-
"To reach 1000 games for one club is a historic achievement, but not a surprising one. He is one of the very best managers in the modern game."

CESC FABREGAS:-
"I just want to say congratulations. You made such a big impact on so many players’ careers, especially on mine. I owe you everything."

PATRICK VIEIRA:-
"What was impressive with Arsene is I would go in his office really upset wanting to make a point. I knew I was right, so my ideas were clear about what I wanted to tell him. When I came out, it was always him who was right!"

JOSE MOURINHO:-
"The tribute is to say I believe that any one of us, we would love to have the same privilege with our clubs. I admire him and I admire Arsenal."

HARRY REDKNAPP:-
"To reach 1,000 games in charge of the same club is a fantastic achievement - I don't think we'll see that happen again in the Premier League. 1,000 games at one club is incredible."

‪#‎Wenger1000‬
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 1991 Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:48 pm

About 400 too much.
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect