Post by Red Alert Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:46 am

Suarez is due a brace. :coffee:

Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Liverpool vs Swansea - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool vs Swansea

Post by iftikhar Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:23 am

Johnson, Allen and Agger in. Your thoughts!!!
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:11 am

This is like re run Stoke away  Laughing 

Lets hope result is also same
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:21 am

Agger  :facepalm: 
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:21 am

WTF is Gerrard doing. Wake the hell up Stevie. You're the goddam holding player. Shelvey and De Guzman have so much fckin space because Gerrard is asleep. Terrible match by him so far. Hendo and Coutinho also need to wake up. Good goal by Hendo but he's been asleep.

Agger and Sturridge MOTM so far :bow: Agger saved us a couple of times with amazing interceptions. And Sturridge is cold as ice Proud

Gerrard needs a slap from Rodgers though for that sort of performance.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:22 am

Abramovich wrote:Agger  :facepalm: 

Are you even watching the same match you pos
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:24 am

5 points:

1) The day we get rid of complacency, the day we get the winning mentality. Game should of been buried when it was 2-0. :facepalm:Let's hope we settle in the second half.

2) Sterling is THE best prospect in the country. And by far.

3) Full backs aren't working. Both Flanagan and Johnson having difficult games. GJ looks rusty, which is understandable considering his time out of the game. His marking for their equaliser was Agger-esque...

4) Hendo + Coutinho not helping out Gerrard, Gerrard finding it tough against teams who to attack him. Surprise surprise.

5) WHY THE F*CK DID WE GET RID OF JONJO SHELVEY. ARGH.

Last edited by Red Alert on Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:26 am

Abramovich wrote:Agger  :facepalm: 

Er? What exact match were u watching lol
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:28 am

Honestly we need to bring in Allen for either Sterling or Coutinho and control the midfield

Defensive both Henderson and Gerrard has been pretty poor
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:30 am

calma eerybody, BR needs to just screw few players in the other direction, because our pressing is inconsistent

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:31 am

BeautifulGame wrote:Honestly we need to bring in Allen for either Sterling or Coutinho and control the midfield

Why would you take off Sterling?

He's been our best player after Sturridge.  Shocked 
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:33 am

McAgger wrote:WTF is Gerrard doing. Wake the hell up Stevie. You're the goddam holding player. Shelvey and De Guzman have so much fckin space because Gerrard is asleep. Terrible match by him so far. Hendo and Coutinho also need to wake up. Good goal by Hendo but he's been asleep.

Agger and Sturridge MOTM so far :bow: Agger saved us a couple of times with amazing interceptions. And Sturridge is cold as ice Proud

Agger? Agger's set-piece defending continues to be awful. Marking Bony (together with Johnson, but we already know enough about his set-piece defending) - until the free-kick is actually given. Then just lets Bony go unchallenged where ever he wants. Who gets a free-header to make it two - two. Not to mention in the FA cup game Agger got completely done for pace in Arsenal's 2nd goal. Some of us want to see an Agger - Sakho partnership, but I want to see a Skrtel and Sakho one - and not only for this season, either.

Flanagan, is he getting worse by the game or what? At least three times totally embarrassed by Routledge, resulting in dangerous attacks for them. Time for Kelly.

Still, what a game, though. A little lucky to be still leading - although Suarez's chip for our 3rd goal was absolutely sublime, that precision. Need to start defending better now.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:44 am

Art Morte wrote:
McAgger wrote:WTF is Gerrard doing. Wake the hell up Stevie. You're the goddam holding player. Shelvey and De Guzman have so much fckin space because Gerrard is asleep. Terrible match by him so far. Hendo and Coutinho also need to wake up. Good goal by Hendo but he's been asleep.

Agger and Sturridge MOTM so far :bow: Agger saved us a couple of times with amazing interceptions. And Sturridge is cold as ice Proud

Agger? Agger's set-piece defending continues to be awful. Marking Bony (together with Johnson, but we already know enough about his set-piece defending) - until the free-kick is actually given. Then just lets Bony go unchallenged where ever he wants. Who gets a free-header to make it two - two. Not to mention in the FA cup game Agger got completely done for pace in Arsenal's 2nd goal. Some of us want to see an Agger - Sakho partnership, but I want to see a Skrtel and Sakho one - and not only for this season, either.

Flanagan, is he getting worse by the game or what? At least three times totally embarrassed by Routledge, resulting in dangerous attacks for them. Time for Kelly.

Still, what a game, though. A little lucky to be still leading - although Suarez's chip for our 3rd goal was absolutely sublime, that precision. Need to start defending better now.

Thumbs up  Good non bias post.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:26 am

Well f*ck me, thank the football gods we won. It's like we were forcing Swansea to take points off us. Terrible terrible defensive display. Even the midfield was shit the first half.

Joe Allen :bow: changed the game when he came on. Setteld us a bit.

Sturridge MOTM :bow:

Suarez needs to frickin get his shit together. AWFUL display.

I don't think I've been this pissed during a match ever since last season.

Cannot stress how frickin happy I'm we got all 3 points.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:28 am

Skrtel was very poor, directly responsible for two goals IMO. We need to cut out the invidividual mistakes at the back... Not sure how you do that, but until we do that we're going to continue to have these heartttack games.

Gerrard was poor for the first half, but he picked it up in the second and we saw the results - one goal conceded from a penalty that he had nothing to do with.

Sturridge and Sterling were great, Suarez was solid although he seems to be getting frustrated with his goal drought. I thought Henderson was very good as well.

Anyway, three points, top scorers in the league. GTFI, 11 to go :bow: :bow:

COME ON YOU CANARIES
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:29 am

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:I think it will not be such an easy game, Swansea have always played well against us, it will depend on what tactics BR uses in this game
:coffee:
Also if someone noted down, Flano performed better when Moses came on

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:36 am

NO MORE CUP FINALS PLEASE

*bleep* hell, I'm more relieved than happy. Individual brilliance carried us here.

Suarez involved in 2 of our goals and it's an "awful" display? Lol. Looks like he's struggling in front of goal but he's still doing a job for us...
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:47 am

Yeah Suarez can be so much better. In his standards this is an awful display. He missed a golden one on one. His shooting was piss poor. But obviously he's Suarez so he was involved. For anyone else this game would probably be great but since he's Suarez, this was a really meh game for him.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:03 am

stevieg8 wrote:Skrtel was very poor, directly responsible for two goals IMO.  We need to cut out the invidividual mistakes at the back... Not sure how you do that, but until we do that we're going to continue to have these heartttack games.

Gerrard was poor for the first half, but he picked it up in the second and we saw the results - one goal conceded from a penalty that he had nothing to do with.

Sturridge and Sterling were great, Suarez was solid although he seems to be getting frustrated with his goal drought.  I thought Henderson was very good as well.

Anyway, three points, top scorers in the league.  GTFI, 11 to go :bow::bow:

COME ON YOU CANARIES

Skrtel was poor only in the penalty. I know he's been doing some shirt pulling this season, but that's the trademark of the likes of John Terry, who most of the time get away with it and get praised for their "tough defending". Not that I have complaints about the penalty, though, it was deserved and hopefully a lesson learnt for Skrtel. Shelvey's goal, it was one of those you can't really blame anyone for. A good cut-in by Dyer and a great first-time shot by Shelvey.

Agger's game was summed up in the substitution off for Toure. His every decisive defensive move was matched up by an uncertain decision in defense - the most obvious one being that Bony goal in the 1st half.

Like I said, Suarez set up Sturridge brilliantly, but otherwise Luis was trying a bit too hard, maybe. His goalless streak continues.

Flanagan, numerous misplaced passes and defensive mistakes, we need to play someone else at RB, at least for a change.

Henderson, what a game. What. A. Game. Totally saved us, two goals, including the winning one. MOTM.

Sturridge with a fantastic brace, too, and a very strong game. Better than Suarez today.

I don't agree with the Gerrard criticism, the only times I noticed him out of position, defensively, was when Flanagan had made a mistake and Gerrard moved in to cover the flank.

Coutinho a little careless in our half, two bad misplaced passes, otherwise decent.

Allen was good once he came on - and Sterling had gone a bit missing.

Well, our defense, pretty much everyone made mistakes and it showed, three goals conceded at home was shambolic. Feels great, though, that we managed to make up for it in attack - in spite of not creating as many chances as we might have expected. We we're pretty clinical, though. What worries me is that when our counter-attacks were not working, we were not able to properly control the game and create patient attacks. If other teams are able to "find us out" the same way, we might be in for some tough times.

Today, all that matters in the end is the three points, but a lot left to be desired about the performance.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:09 am

Okay I don't think anyone who watched the match can possibly say Skrtel was ok. He was tenfolds worse than Agger but Danny was the one who still got yanked by Rodgers. Danny is probably off in the summer and good for him.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:49 am

Art Morte wrote:
stevieg8 wrote:Skrtel was very poor, directly responsible for two goals IMO.  We need to cut out the invidividual mistakes at the back... Not sure how you do that, but until we do that we're going to continue to have these heartttack games.

Sturridge and Sterling were great, Suarez was solid although he seems to be getting frustrated with his goal drought.  I thought Henderson was very good as well.

Anyway, three points, top scorers in the league.  GTFI, 11 to go :bow::bow:

COME ON YOU CANARIES

Skrtel was poor only in the penalty. I know he's been doing some shirt pulling this season, but that's the trademark of the likes of John Terry, who most of the time get away with it and get praised for their "tough defending". Not that I have complaints about the penalty, though, it was deserved and hopefully a lesson learnt for Skrtel. Shelvey's goal, it was one of those you can't really blame anyone for. A good cut-in by Dyer and a great first-time shot by Shelvey.

Agger's game was summed up in the substitution off for Toure. His every decisive defensive move was matched up by an uncertain decision in defense - the most obvious one being that Bony goal in the 1st half.

Like I said, Suarez set up Sturridge brilliantly, but otherwise Luis was trying a bit too hard, maybe. His goalless streak continues.

Flanagan, numerous misplaced passes and defensive mistakes, we need to play someone else at RB, at least for a change.

Henderson, what a game. What. A. Game. Totally saved us, two goals, including the winning one. MOTM.

Sturridge with a fantastic brace, too, and a very strong game. Better than Suarez today.

I don't agree with the Gerrard criticism, the only times I noticed him out of position, defensively, was when Flanagan had made a mistake and Gerrard moved in to cover the flank.

Coutinho a little careless in our half, two bad misplaced passes, otherwise decent.

Allen was good once he came on - and Sterling had gone a bit missing.

Well, our defense, pretty much everyone made mistakes and it showed, three goals conceded at home was shambolic. Feels great, though, that we managed to make up for it in attack - in spite of not creating as many chances as we might have expected. We we're pretty clinical, though. What worries me is that when our counter-attacks were not working, we were not able to properly control the game and create patient attacks. If other teams are able to "find us out" the same way, we might be in for some tough times.

Today, all that matters in the end is the three points, but a lot left to be desired about the performance.

Flanagan was excellent in the second half i thought.Problem in the first half was he was hardly offered any protection by our midfield and struddige imo.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:50 am

Red Alert wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:Honestly we need to bring in Allen for either Sterling or Coutinho and control the midfield

Why would you take off Sterling?

He's been our best player after Sturridge.  Shocked 

I dont like saying but told u so  Razz 

Allen was excellent and changed the game for us.Must start against Southampton

Last edited by BeautifulGame on Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:51 am; edited 1 time in total
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:51 am

wtf Art?

Flanno was by far the best in the backline. Great performance from him imo.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:01 am

You cannot be serious saying Flanagan was good (or great) and the best in the backline. He was the worst. Watch the game again and I'm sure you'll agree. Their winger got behind him so many times with little effort it was painful to watch - and he did misplace a lot of passes. Seriously, pay attention to him and you cannot help but see it.

I don't remember other mistakes from Skrtel than the penalty.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:32 am

Liverpool vs Swansea - Page 2 DenseFormalItaliangreyhound

Liverpool vs Swansea - Page 2 VigilantFluffyBluewhale

Liverpool vs Swansea - Page 2 GlitteringParchedIceblueredtopzebra

Liverpool vs Swansea - Page 2 AnguishedOptimalEgg
McAgger