Onions
42 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Style vs Results - Page 4 Empty Re: Style vs Results

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:32 pm

che wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:
No offense meant, but there is absolutely no logic in this statement.

You're saying a Chelsea team with an spent Malouda, blunt Kalou, old players all round and under-performing massively in the league(6th position) were NOT underdogs against a prime Pep Guardiola Barca with a prime Messi who was the reigning Balon D'Or holder? A Barca team that many tagged as the greatest team in the history of football at the time? We were NOT underdogs? Or even against Juup Heynckes' Munich team?

I'm really just trying to know for sure if that's what you think. Were we underdogs or not?

first of all, prime barca? i'm not talking about 2009... chelsea faced a team that lost a title to madrid, with players like drogba, mata and lampard in the lineup... now i'm sure you'd say they were world class back then (not to mention cech, terry, ivanovic and ramires) outside this argument but let's not get into that... plus if i remember correctly malouda and kalou combined for like 40 minutes of football in those two games lol, very convenient of you to mention them

the logic is that if "being an underdog" is a justification for parking the bus, and chelsea may or may not have been that two years ago, then there is zero justification for using this caveman bullshit against atletico madrid, against whom chelsea most certainly were not the underdog, and it most certainly doesn't deserve any appreciation
So basically what you're saying is that the Chelsea team that finished below Newcastle at 6th in the league were on par with a Barca team that finished 2nd to Madrid. Right.

And I mentioned Malouda and Kalou because they actually played. Especially Kalou. Same Cech, Terry, Ivanovic, etc you mention are the same players that were in the team throughout the horrible spell we had so what are we saying?

Anyway, the "justification"(since that's the word you're choosing) was that we had neither the midfield nor the attack to go toe to toe with Barca in an attacking game. It would have been extremely foolish and arrogant to try any other tactic versus Barca OR Bayern and we would definitely had lost. But I guess we should have done something else and entertained the "neutrals" just for the sake of it.

Mentioning "justification" for playing that defensive just shows how elitist you think your point is. In other words, you're saying there is no reason whatsoever any team should even think of using those tactics under any circumstances.....because it bores you. Therefore, any team that uses those tactics is rubbish team etc etc.

You don't HAVE to be an underdog to use play defensively. Every coach has a right to play his team however he sees fit and with whatever tactics he thinks will make his team progress and as long as its not cheating and its fair, then there's no problem with it at all. Whether you think your team doesn't have the right players to play as you would want(2012) or its an away strategy to avoid a loss(do you actually realise that that was the first leg and it most likely wouldn't be that way at Stamford Bridge?), they're free to employ whatever tactics. As long as its completely fair and there's no cheating involved.

This is getting tiring, honestly. Carry on.

Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by boyzis Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:47 pm

If you play against a team parking a bus or buses Smile the best way to do so is by parking your own bus and forcing the defending team to leave their shape and try and get them to come out  Laughing

I thought I would share this idea seems great no one applied it practically 

boyzis
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by boyzis Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:49 pm

Off course you get a boring match but it won't be after a team scores

boyzis
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:17 pm

Style if you are a neutral

Results if you are a fan
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:03 am

boyzis wrote:If you play against a team parking a bus or buses :)the best way to do so is by parking your own bus and forcing the defending team to leave their shape and try and get them to come out  Laughing

I thought I would share this idea seems great no one applied it practically 
Actually my team RWO usually parks the bus, too (as we have no money whatsoever to buy players who can actually create stuff), which is why we usually get points against better teams (who run into counters that way as they try to make the game against us), while we usually lose points when we play against other weak teams who park their own buses. The latter usually is not a beautiful thing to behold, though.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady2Moss Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:55 am

Results.

As my man said; Just win baby!

Brady2Moss
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:55 am

if i want to see live telecast or video, i want to see my team win in style

if i only have a chance to google the result, i don't care my team play full attacking or ptb, i just want win

style, when watch in video

result, when watch in newspaper or google for result

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4