RED
Busby Babe
B-Mac
8 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Juan Mata - Page 4 Empty Re: Juan Mata

Post by Glory Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:29 pm

The more I see that second Mata goal the more I look at Oscar and Willian... and despair.

From shed end. Proud

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:19 pm

Lumiere_Blanche wrote:
The more I see that second Mata goal the more I look at Oscar and Willian... and despair.

From shed end. Proud

hah!

Last 2 games he showed us the Mata that won 2 consecutive POTY awards at Chelsea.

We had glimpses of it every now and then during the year he's been here, especially when he teamed up well with Kagawa away at Newcastle last season, but now it seems official. He looks like he's enjoying this new found role and playing alongside his buddy Herrera. Great chemistry they have on the field.

Had his best game in a United shirt, away at a ground we normally struggle in, took control of the game and kept things ticking. Even managed to squeeze in a goal of the season contender.

In that type of form, 37mill seems a bargain.

Juanfield.

Hugs Proud
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:39 am

Time for Mata to shine as a #10. He has to dictate the shows, Rooney must be the most forward player. Also Depay with a free role given can be lethal if LvG implements free form attacks in the final third.

In other words, Depay and Mata, a young guy with fantastic physical and great shooting and an experienced player with excellent ball control, very good at long balls due to his top quality in-game vision, should provide a better offensvie contribution with Rooney being played more like a #9.

It still depends on where will Mata exactly play but we all believe he will be seen most often on the right wing. But Mata's role, like every other's individual from United depends on the tactic and the style of play adopted. If Depay takes a role on the central axis of the pitch Mata will probably stick to the right side but if Depay will be played on the left wing and nobody behind Wazza, Mata and Memphis will probably provide us with more dangerous runs from outside to inside (which can happen either way from Mata anyway).

Honestly I prefer the idea of a 4-2-3-1 with Mata playing on the right side, on the paper, but on the pitch he should be able to cover bigger distances and adjust to the needs of the team at a certain moment.

But if Mata will be used again in a limited area of the field, with limited movement and generally limited to the right wing by the tasks given by LvG, it will probably be a shame because he will stop providing the other attacking players with passes and supporting runs, thing which happened a lot in the past season and this is why even us (the fans of GL) complained in this thread about the lack of inspiration and consistency from Mata.

I'm afraid that a mistake in the formation can cause the other players to struggle and our team with LvG's style of coaching is always a ticking bomb. Hope we won't be disappointed, there is huge potential in Mata and the team in general.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:23 pm

He's so meh, really hope we buy a winger soon
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team