Harmonica
Hapless_Hans
M99
28 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Ribery: I deserved Balon D Or - Page 2 Empty Re: Ribery: I deserved Balon D Or

Post by Lord Awesome Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:32 pm

He's right about him not winning the Ballon D'Or. Wouldn't agree with the rest though. Schweinsteiger & Lahm are the other two players that should have been mentioned.

Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:17 pm

What a horses ass. I mean the guy didn't even finish second. I can't wait for this little troll to get out of the headlines.

I think someone should tell him if he wants to win an individual award for best player in the world maybe he should muster up more than 1 goal in the Champions League.

I also find it a little strange why he all of a sudden thinks he should be the one to be credited for what his team achieved. I mean the guy isn't the best attacking player in the world or really even in any of the major tournaments his team won while I don't think that could be said for the likes of Lahm or Neuer.

I've never seen someone come in third place put up such a stink about not wining something.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:21 pm

What I don't understand is the amount of messi fans (note that I don't say Barca fans) are claiming that Ribery has a point and that Ronaldo didn't deserve it.

Yet they justify Messi winning it when Inter won a Treble and Spain won the WC. I just don't get it  scratch

Last edited by FalcaoPunch on Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:22 pm

FalcaoPunch wrote:What I don't understand is the amount of messi fans (note that I don't say Barca fans) are flaming that Ribery has a point and that Ronaldo didn't deserve it.

Yet they justify Messi winning it when Inter won a Treble and Spain won the WC. I just don't get it  scratch 
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:28 pm

FalcaoPunch wrote:What I don't understand is the amount of messi fans (note that I don't say Barca fans) are claiming that Ribery has a point and that Ronaldo didn't deserve it.

It's not really the same, tho, is it?

I mean, Ribery last year >>>>> Sneijder that year. And Messi was, individually, the best player during most of 2010, where as C.Ronaldo really only was the best from october - december last year, and the rest of the year it was between Ribery and Messi. I mean, you do remember that when the season ended last year, no one were talking about how C.Ronaldo deserved the Ballon D'or, heck most people were even hating on Messi for being the favorite ahead of Ribery. Nor did he have a great start for the new season. Until Messi got injured against Almeria, Messi was the topscorer with 8 goals, while C.Ronaldo only had 3 at that point. And it was only then that C.Ronaldo played as the best.

and if you don't belive me that C.ronaldo wasn't considered the best by the end of last season, then just go back and see how many votes he managed to get for the european player of the year. 3, that's how many he got. And 1 were from A Bola and another from MARCA, which means that only 1 neutral journalist though that C.Ronaldo was the best. If you want to compare, Messi had around 15+ I belive, where as Ribery had over 30+..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:53 pm

harhar11 wrote:
FalcaoPunch wrote:What I don't understand is the amount of messi fans (note that I don't say Barca fans) are claiming that Ribery has a point and that Ronaldo didn't deserve it.

It's not really the same, tho, is it?

I mean, Ribery last year >>>>> Sneijder that year. And Messi was, individually, the best player during most of 2010, where as C.Ronaldo really only was the best from october - december last year, and the rest of the year it was between Ribery and Messi. I mean, you do remember that when the season ended last year, no one were talking about how C.Ronaldo deserved the Ballon D'or, heck most people were even hating on Messi for being the favorite ahead of Ribery. Nor did he have a great start for the new season. Until Messi got injured against Almeria, Messi was the topscorer with 8 goals, while C.Ronaldo only had 3 at that point. And it was only then that C.Ronaldo played as the best.

and if you don't belive me that C.ronaldo wasn't considered the best by the end of last season, then just go back and see how many votes he managed to get for the european player of the year. 3, that's how many he got. And 1 were from A Bola and another from MARCA, which means that only 1 neutral journalist though that C.Ronaldo was the best. If you want to compare, Messi had around 15+ I belive, where as Ribery had over 30+..

How is it not the same?
Ribery is essentially saying that "I won everything so how is it possible Ronaldo won"
Inter had several stand out players, i.e. Milito, who greatly influenced Inter winning the treble. Messi I believe had one trophy that year if I'm not mistaken. Then spain won it's first world cup and many argued that Iniesta could have won it as well.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:54 am

I never said anything about Ronaldo deserving it or not and BTW I think it's a toss up between Messi and Ronaldo and either winning it is fine with me because, HELLO there the two best players in the world and it's an individual award.

With Messi being out it's logical to give it to Ronaldo. I think everyone knows had Messi been healthy he would have won it. But he wasn't and such is life.

As an attacking player you need to score more than 1 goal in the worlds best competition in a non world cup year.

Do you know the hate and ridicule Messi and Ronaldo would receive had they scored one goal in the CL or under 20 in a season?

I mean Ribery basically elected himself as the guy on Bayern who should win the individual awards and I really don't know why he thinks he is the most important cog on that team. It's not like great teams get short changed with awards, they win TROPHIES. They already received the awards and accolades for there greatness.

Sure your team should be successful for you to win an individual award but just because your team won the competition unless you were powering the team by yourself or personally willing them to victory it doesn't have much to do as an individual award.

Messi won over Sneijder because he's a better player by a pretty good margin, it's pretty simple and that's why Ronaldo won this year because he's a much better player than Ribery. I don't know why people have to make this so difficult.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:16 am

Because they are nothing a like, Messi was statistically better then, he was statistically better now. Messi won 2010 Spanish League, Supercup, La Liga best attacker, La Liga best player and Golden shoe equaling Spanish scoring record, scoring numerous wonder goals. The same he won 2013.

Cronaldo didn't do any of that.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:17 am

Dnmac4 wrote:I mean Ribery basically elected himself as the guy on Bayern who should win the individual awards and I really don't know why he thinks he is the most important cog on that team.
Dunno if Ribéry elected himself - from all interviews I heard, about everybody at Bayern supported him as main cog in the Bayern machine, too.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:31 am

He is kinda right.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:11 am

A lot of people have grown tired of Cristiano being put on a pedestal because of his records. Heck even a large section of Madrid fans are getting tired of the negative effects he has to the rest of the team. Madrid are never going to be a great team and probably will continue to flop every year in the champions league while he is there. Only casual fans and his fanboys continue to support his quest for the ballon dor
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:29 pm

FalcaoPunch wrote:How is it not the same?
Ribery is essentially saying that "I won everything so how is it possible Ronaldo won"
Inter had several stand out players, i.e. Milito, who greatly influenced Inter winning the treble. Messi I believe had one trophy that year if I'm not mistaken. Then spain won it's first world cup and many argued that Iniesta could have won it as well.

Like I told you, Ribery was the best player in his club, Sneijder was not and Messi for most of 2010 was the best player in the world, C.ronaldo was only the best for the last 2 months. I would even say that last year, Messi had more months where he was the best player in the world, than C.Ronaldo and yet I don't think that Messi deserved the ballon d'or for last year..

And no way in hell did Iniesta deserve the ballon d'or in 2010. First of all, he was injured for most of the season with Barca and even missed one game at the WC, against Honduras, because of injury.

Last edited by harhar11 on Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:02 pm

Ribery: I deserved Balon D Or - Page 2 Article-2327215-19E0FB00000005DC-878_634x416

Ribery: I deserved Balon D Or - Page 2 Messi-nih-LFP-laksawng-a-hmuh

Ribery: I deserved Balon D Or - Page 2 Article-2510526-1989665000000578-543_634x695

Ribery: I deserved Balon D Or - Page 2 635133364315235426w-16116

Ribery: I deserved Balon D Or - Page 2 Ribery_trophy_2013.jpg

Ribery: I deserved Balon D Or - Page 2 Image_2236_0

Ribery: I deserved Balon D Or - Page 2 1154402-18102603-640-360

Ribery: I deserved Balon D Or - Page 2 2hoxr2x

=

Ribery: I deserved Balon D Or - Page 2 Cristiano-Ronaldo-Winner-of-2013-FIFA-Ballon-dOr
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2