Highburied
McLewis
The_Badger
Art Morte
8 posters

Go down

Players leaving Tottenham Empty Players leaving Tottenham

Post by Art Morte Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:42 am

Yeah, so, I guess this is being / has been discussed in some other threads, too, but here we go anyway:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jan/15/tottenham-etienne-capoue-tim-sherwood

So it's basically saying that Tottenham are looking to sell Capoue, willing to sell Holtby and that Chadli wants out. In other rumours there's been talk that Lamela would like to leave, too.

Gotta say I find this amusing. First loading your squad up and then in the next window, in the middle of the season, too, start shifting them out.

Anyway, that's an interesting bunch of players more or less available. Where should they go if Spurs get acceptable offers? Are Tottenham right or wrong to sell these guys if deals materialise? Would you like any of them at your club and for what price?

I would take either Capoue or Holtby to Liverpool if the price was right. A half a season loan with an option to buy would be ideal, but I don't think Levy is going to bend over for such deals.

Chadli wants to play in order to fight for a WC place. He hasn't been to bad when I've seen him, would be a decent addition to some Premiership clubs in need of wingers, like Aston Villa, Norwich or West Brom - although if he moves I guess it's going to be outside of England.

I don't think Lamela is getting a move even if he wants out after Tottenham paying so much for him.

Don't know why Levy sacked Redknapp, though. That was a wheeling and dealing match made in heaven.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Players leaving Tottenham Empty Re: Players leaving Tottenham

Post by The_Badger Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:23 am

I think Redknapp whoring himself to the FA like a cheap prostitute rubbed Levy up the wrong way. That's why he was sacked.

As for these players; I think if some like Lamela want any chance of getting selected for the World Cup they need to leave this month.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:21 am

In terms of Lamela, maybe we're looking at this the wrong way. I tend to agree with the decision to keep him at Spurs.

A lot has been made about him not fitting into Sherwood's 4-4-2 because his current skillset. Shouldn't this be the other way around? Shouldn't Coco be trying his best to conform to what Sherwood wants out of a wide-player? Surely that would open up a spot for him in one of those wide positions. It just seems to me that Coco hasn't really attempted to do that on top of just not acclimating to English life on a whole.

If I'm him and I want into Sabella's WC team, I'd be doing my utmost to get time with Spurs. If that means learning how to track back on the wing then so be it. I think it would make him a better and more versatile player.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:06 pm

Sherwood's 4-4-2 hasn't been that rigid, though, Adebayor has been all over the pitch and Eriksen a bit, too. I don't see why Lamela couldn't play either of those roles, especially Ade's. But if he's not good enough to bench either of them, then it's a problem for him...

But I really don't think Lamela is going anywhere, if not for anything else but Levy's unwillingness to lose face by selling the club's record signing after just half a season.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:31 pm

Very Happy

Such a good thread.

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:04 pm

Who's going to want to stay in that s***hole anyways.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:47 pm

Art Morte wrote:Sherwood's 4-4-2 hasn't been that rigid, though, Adebayor has been all over the pitch and Eriksen a bit, too. I don't see why Lamela couldn't play either of those roles, especially Ade's. But if he's not good enough to bench either of them, then it's a problem for him...

But I really don't think Lamela is going anywhere, if not for anything else but Levy's unwillingness to lose face by selling the club's record signing after just half a season.

That's the thing about Coco. He's got another gear that he's gone to quite a few times with Roma. In that type of form, I do think he could bench Ade as he would add a completely different dimension to Spurs up front. Problem is, he needs a run of games and confidence to get there. Both are hard to come by at the moment for him unfortunately.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:11 am

To be honest, we all missed the obvious when we were salivating all these glorious transfers Spurs were making and the squad they were building for the "future."

This is a World Cup year, when every player with even a sniff of making the World Cup were going to force things to get games so they could hopefully make their respective squads. I can't fault them for that, and if loans will accomplish this I would prefer that route given that I think we bought a lot of quality even if some of it overlaps.

Chadli came out today and emphatically said he doesn't want to leave and wants to fight for his spot. However, he thinks that spot is playing centrally :facepalm:

Lamela was a long term purchase and I know what he's capable of so I would hold out for him unless we made a profit or got a player of equal or superior quality and value.

Holtby just wants to play, and personally if we aren't going to play a real dedicated DM I'd rather see him sit next to Dembele than Paulinho.

Capoue is surplus because of Bentaleb which is ridiculous, because I rate Capoue as superior or at least equal to Sandro. I would rather hold onto them and send the kid out on loan for some seasoning.

Once again, this was a lack of vision on the part of Levy. He is great at the negotiating table, but he doesn't have what it takes to be our Chairman.

In terms of our formation, we run 2 forwards but we are still running a 4/2/3/1, but with Ade sitting deeper into the midfield with Soldado up top so he can receive and distribute.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:12 am

Ahh but Moto all of it is useless if Sherwood is in charge...

Dat vision by Levy :bow:
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:46 am

McLewis wrote:In terms of Lamela, maybe we're looking at this the wrong way. I tend to agree with the decision to keep him at Spurs.

A lot has been made about him not fitting into Sherwood's 4-4-2 because his current skillset. Shouldn't this be the other way around? Shouldn't Coco be trying his best to conform to what Sherwood wants out of a wide-player? Surely that would open up a spot for him in one of those wide positions. It just seems to me that Coco hasn't really attempted to do that on top of just not acclimating to English life on a whole.

If I'm him and I want into Sabella's WC team, I'd be doing my utmost to get time with Spurs. If that means learning how to track back on the wing then so be it. I think it would make him a better and more versatile player.

so basically you are saying he has to work on his weaknesses , and become a balanced player , that sounds great , however i think its far better for him to leave BPL and join a team either in La LIga or serie A and focus on his abilities , dribbling and possibly increase the of the ball movements and become a top class forward player rather than mediocre all around player , mainly because he is physically not strong enough to pull that of .
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down