windkick
Jay29
RedOranje
fatman123
DeletedUser#1
34 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Do you enjoy supporting your club ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you enjoy supporting your club ?

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:45 am

Yes.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Do you enjoy supporting your club ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you enjoy supporting your club ?

Post by Robespierre Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:22 am

It is as a drug. It cause dipendence. It is impossibile to be without it.
When your club is is so wretched as to ruin the whole days you have the temptation to be done to watch it for the season. Why further ruin your mood for a thing like football, as if didn't you have enough problems every day?!?
I think it now for example, yes,  I can't say to enjoy me now . Only suffering to be fair.
But nothing will change, duly you will be in front of TV to support  your club . And if you will try really  to not watch it, won't resist more than 20 minutes to inform you about the result.And you will do it consistently.
In a life can happen everything, you can forget the most varied things, but never will forget to inform you about the result of your club.
It's definitely the most irrational feeling in human history.You support something that doesn't belong you directly but you put it in the first place (or nearly so).
A win of your club can be the closest thing to an orgasm.
There is no a real sense to it. A dependence cannot have it.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Emaharg Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:06 am

Been supporting Arsenal since 1994 gone through a lot of good times and probably lost most of my hair from watching them as well. Obviously pleased with the club recently only club I will ever support.
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:10 am

Love Liverpool.

It's been a roller coaster in recent years, but it look's like we're close to seeing the golden sky.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:10 am

I used to support Liverpool about late 90s to early 2000s, it was a lot of suffering, especially towards the end, I just got fed up. Im glad I stopped, otherwise It would of been more years of suffering largely Loool! I still like them, but just not like in the past. It seems recent years they also got rid of the mentality of must win title and trophies which pulls down some of the unrealistic expectations from earlier years. Who knows, with Man U down now (big factor compared with their constant top b4), and Liverpool if continue to improve, it could be real joy, but still some way to go, lets see.

Barca given me a lot of job since I started really supporting back in about early 2008. I always like them too, along with some other teams, but watching them rise with Peps era was unbelievable Smile

Also supporting Man C and they are finally getting act together with Mancini gone, wOO Hoo! And toppling Man U! WOOOOOO~!!!

I wish there is a team I can support in Italy, but now there just isnt one. For German league I like Bayern, but I also like Dortmund atm.

Overall its good to have team u support, but also able to be neutral and enjoy others u like.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:57 pm

I can't imagine my life without supporting Milan.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:18 pm

Questioning a United manager has never been more fun (I did question SAF's team selection at times). At least the hunt for the last gasp equalizer or game winner is more exciting this year.
Zero
Zero
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:53 pm

Supporting United is always fun, and still is. Yes this year has been different considering this is the first time I have been alive that a man named Sir Alex Ferguson isn't on the touch line. But over that time he was there I think the one thing that he instilled in every true United supporter is loyalty, times are tougher now but there will never be a point where I don't support this team and the players on the pitch no matter how shite some of them may be (Fellaini).

and heck I support the Toronto Maple Leafs hockey team here in Canada, so supporting United is easy compared to that Laughing

Toronto FC :facepalm:
This club to this point in there existence (since 2007) does not deserve the support it receives, neither do the owners, but Toronto and Canada being such a melting pot of culture that it is, naturally has a massive football/soccer crazy population and have received tremendous support despite being a consistent failure year after year with mismanagement on and off the field. This is my local team tho and I support them because I want them to become successful, and want ownership to understand that us supporters and this city deserve a winner for our loyalty...keep in mind this same ownership owns all other major sports franchises in the city as well that I also support, and none of them have had success since the hockey team (Toronto Maple Leafs) last won the Stanley Cup (League Championship) back in 1967. Despite all this failure tho, all the teams that they own are some of the richest in there leagues, just showing the loyalty that this city has to there local sports teams....win or lose
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:17 pm

Liverpool has been a part of my life since quite a while now, Its been a rough few years for me, Liverpool doing badly didnt help. Its a reason im really pessimistic with Liverpool (@Sepi).

But every week feels incomplete without watching them play. Football and Liverpool FC are a very big part of my life, My loved ones have understood that by now lol. Going to the city of Liverpool and watching the match at Anfield was an experience i'll never forget.

As the legendary Shankly said;

“If you can’t support us when we draw or lose, don’t support us when we win.”
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:22 pm

Liverpool or Milan; every step of the way without a glance in looking back.

Football and supporting these two clubs have taught me more than I could ever know, in growing up observing and supporting the essence and progress of these clubs. It has been a supremely gratifying experience as I further admire those who support less fortunate clubs, posing retrospect to how bad my club(s) situation can really be, despite the standard required.

Downside is that I have never faced depression since I was 13-14 (frivolous reasons) as football is the single only factor in my life that has caused me to be upset/down about a certain loss in all factors. Losses such as the transfer of important players who were heroes or the unfathomably crushing loss of when Milan lost to Barcelona at Camp Nou last year, Chelsea knocking out Liverpool in 2009 etc. Many advise me that I should not take so much stake in their success onto my emotions, yet years of investing my belief and emotion into these teams have only caused that, no matter where my mind is or how busy I am.

They are an integral part of my life as it will remain that way until I rest in my grave.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:50 pm

Of course. Although the losses (both on and off the pitch) in recent years were crushing at times, there is a certain level of pride that I have in supporting Arsenal that makes the mere watching of a game, regardless of the result, an absolute highlight of my week. If we play the way we're capable of, even in games that mean very little, I see the entire world in a more positive light until the next game, and if we don't, the sadness that I feel is still beautiful in its own way because it came from something I love. As a sports fan I understand that it makes no sense, but I associate Arsenal with the very fabric of my being. My life would have a gaping hole in it without being able to watch the club.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:50 pm

Football as a fan is not to be enjoyed. It's to suffer and agonize. I though everyone knew that.  Very Happy 

Once every 100 days of being a fan, you enjoy it, and then you never forget that and want moar. Very Happy
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyDaBeast Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:24 pm

Ac Milan and Dallas Stars. Past, Present and for the future. Even my family and gf knows NEVER to step in the chamber that is called my room when one or the other is playing lol
TonyDaBeast
TonyDaBeast
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:07 am

of coarse I do , Its Roma , the most Romantic club in the world
Roma >Football
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:20 am

Lupi wrote:of coarse I do , Its Roma , the most Romantic club in the world
Roma >Football

What is A.S Roma without football?  hmm 
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:54 am

no
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Wolfsburg

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:02 pm

no
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:44 pm

Harmonica wrote:no

Why?
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:48 pm

Read the title of the thread before opening and was like, "pls go, Sepi". But he actually makes a good point.

Do I enjoy watching Arsenal?
My life as an Arsenal fan has mostly been in our trophy-drought years. I started following in 2003 at the age of 6, and I just fell in love really. Of course my football knowledge wasn't as good as it is now, matter of fact, I didn't know much about the prestige and passion about football that age so, needless to say, I didn't "enjoy" our Invincibles-era that much, although from that age I started watching literally every match. That's one thing I consider myself unlucky. Now that I have more passion for the club and more knowledge about football Arsenal haven't won a thing in 9 years.
But as you all know, supporting and be fanatic is not all about just winning. It's about the love and passion you develop for the club, that which I now have for Arsenal FC. It's about the way it unites people. How you can just run into a stranger, start up a conversation about which club they support, all the more better if he/she supports the same club as you, and then you just get it off. That's what it's also about. And that's what it has given me.
So do I enjoy supporting Arsenal FC? Yes, I absolutely do!
Sure it has been frustrating over the years. There were times when I would actually get to stress/angry level number 10 and an Arsenal result would absolutely determine my mood for the whole weekend. I hated that. I sorted that out over the last 2 years. It's not that I have become less passionate or anything like that. No not at all. I feel my love for the club grows day-to-day. Evident that I have become more interested in the more non-footballing things associated with the club over the years. Like reading about the owners, the club's financial status, about the academy, and of course joining our football forum and twitter as well and starting to interact with football fans and starting to learn more about tactics and stuff like that.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:01 pm

for me, boca juniors with riquelme is & was very enjoyable

between boca won 5-0 without riquelme,

& boca won 2-0 with riquelme

i chose the later

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:10 pm

I would also like to add that Arsenal is a part of me now.
I really can't imagine my life without Arsenal, tbh. Like a few things/people in this world it makes me ecstatic one moment and then the next moment absolutely disappoints me, but it's only Arsenal that I always come back to and put my trust into again.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2