windkick
BarrileteCosmico
Motogp69
Onyx
rwo power
66 posters

Page 30 of 42 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 36 ... 42  Next

Go down

2013/14 Winter Transfer Rumours Mk. III - Page 30 Empty Re: 2013/14 Winter Transfer Rumours Mk. III

Post by Red Alert Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:23 am

Gil wrote:We single handedly made Liverpool relevant again by giving them Sturridge.

Mata can't even get games against Championship clubs these days. That coniving c**t (Mata went from fan favourite to simply a commodity almost overnight) Mourinho doesn't rate him particularly highly tbh, he's even played Willian and Hazard over Mata centrally on a few occasions.

The £40m will be put towards a big money striker in the summer. 29 year old Rooney I'm guessing.

You have to hand it to Mourinho he played this perfectly. Any other manager would be getting death threats if this happened under their watch.

So why not sell him in the summer?

Hazard is a lot better on the left and has time on the ball than when he's played in the middle.
Willian is pretty much in the team because of his workrate rather than his finishing/playmaking.
Oscar isn't going to play every game.
You've just sold KDB.

Mata could be key to you going on a trophy run and winning the league...

I wouldn't be surprised if Mourinho's making this all public to try and attract other teams to make a bid for him, thus driving his price higher. If he's to be sold, I'm certain it'll be in the summer rather than now in the winter.

Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

2013/14 Winter Transfer Rumours Mk. III - Page 30 Empty Re: 2013/14 Winter Transfer Rumours Mk. III

Post by Lex Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:25 am

United Proud flailing around in the transfer window, trying to hook on to anyone much like a drowning man tries to hook onto anything that will keep him afloat for another few seconds
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:27 am

It's the same type of panic buy as your lot signing Ozil... lol
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:29 am

How was Ozil a panic buy? Laughing
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:33 am

Firstly, you needed a CF, not a number 10.

Secondly, you signed him on DEADLINE DAY because he pretty much put in a transfer request when Bale was signed. So you only signed him because he was world class, and was available, rather than looking to sign a striker that you desperately needed.

He bottled it at Madrid, and wanted guaranteed playing time at Arsenal...

Not too mention Wenger was almost executed for not spending all summer (despite being linked to player X, Y and Z), and a loss to Villa turned majority of the fan base against him before he won majority of your fans back.

Last edited by Red Alert on Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:35 am

^ are you alright RA? United signing Mata will give them plenty of momentum in that top 4 race :facepalm: . I wish it was us panic buying instead of being cheap over 2 millions for signaling either Fernando or NDJ to fill in for Lucas. Its okay though, the committee is probably scouting some kid from Zimbabwe for the future Laughing

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:37 am

Red Alert wrote:Firstly, you needed a CF, not a number 10
Precisely. He's a luxury signing, not a panic buy

Red Alert wrote:Secondly, you signed him on DEADLINE DAY because he pretty much put in a transfer request when Bale was signed.
So we signed him when he was put up for sale. Not our fault that happened to be deadline day :coffee:

Red Alert wrote:He bottled it at Madrid, and wanted guaranteed playing time at Arsenal...
He knew he was going to be shunned due to the purchase of some Welsh fanny with shit hair, so he decided to ply his trade elsewhere. Can't fault him for that
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:39 am

@Sepi:

No doubt momentum from a WC can help you spark a top 4 finish, but they don't need him.

>Spend 40m on a player who you don't really need:

They don't need a CAM... lol

They have Rooney (who's probably better) and Kagawa (who can still play a role) and they just spent 30m on Fellaini ffs.

>To get into a competition to get 30m prize money to get out of the groups (no chance of them going far with Moyes there)

It's stupid. Get genuine wide players, fix your defence, and get a CENTRAL MIDFIELDER (that can defend) and fix the team proper.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:43 am

I don't care what it does to United RA. It increases this txhances of stealing our 4th spot massively. I care because my club is involved. If we were already adrift enough from them or not in too 4 race with them, I'd be furious. A dead Mats can create more chances playing in place of Valencia/Young/Kagawa. Put it this way, Mata signing for United could cause Suarez to leave us in summer if we don't get top 4 in expense of united. I don't gives *bleep* for next season, where we finish in May is my only concern and the variables which could affect it.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:53 am

All I mean is, it doesn't help them long term.

Any who, I think we should throw a loan bid for him (with an option to buy), and get Rodgers to convince Mourinho we're key to helping him win the league with our run in of games. It's not as if Mata can play against Chelsea on loan anyway. We have absolutely nothing to lose.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:19 am

Sepi making a strong showing for regaining his "King Patellar" title, but he has more competition these days than in the past...

But you're right, if there's on thing that past experiences have told us it's that spending big on players late in the January window (i.e. "panic buying") definitely works out well. And it's not like we have one of the best attacks in the league, or that we're being overrun in midfield in matches and conceding goals regularly... spending big on another attacking player right now is ABSOLUTELY a better option that nabbing a CDM to supplement our current midfield roster consisting of... 3 whole players [4 if you count the youngster who played as a CF/WF last year] (2 of whom are arguably injury prone). And it's not like Chelsea have indicated they're unwilling to do business with Liverpool at the moment or anything.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:26 am

RedOranje wrote:Sepi making a strong showing for regaining his "King Patellar" title, but he has more competition these days than in the past...

But you're right, if there's on thing that past experiences have told us it's that spending big on players late in the January window (i.e. "panic buying") definitely works out well.  And it's not like we have one of the best attacks in the league, or that we're being overrun in midfield in matches and conceding goals regularly... spending big on another attacking player right now is ABSOLUTELY a better option that nabbing a CDM to supplement our current midfield roster consisting of... 3 whole players [4 if you count the youngster who played as a CF/WF last year] (2 of whom are arguably injury prone).  And it's not like Chelsea have indicated they're unwilling to do business with Liverpool at the moment or anything.
We're interested in Salah.. why not Mata then? If BR thinks we need an attacking player then why not go for Mata instead of settling on poverty players like Salah?
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:44 am

Salah is a "poverty player"? Didn't realize. I suppose that makes last January pretty disappointing given we only signed two "poverty players." And man, those signings definitely look like poverty players on the pitch. What does that mean for our squad as a whole? Is it just a squad of "poverty players"? I mean, with 5 notable examples they all cost a similar or smaller amount and most came in with similar reputation/awareness. And there's certainly no disparity in wages, or playing style, or position, or fee, or negotiating club, or ego.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:00 am

btw I called this Mata Mourinho break up months ago....Chelsea fans tried telling me I was delusional Laughing Proud
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:06 am

Last season, Coutinho and Sturridge got into the team because their competition were Borini, Downing, Suso and Sterling for god's sake. Irrelevant. Look how well Coutinho is performing now.. surely he will be an important part in our top 4 quest? Sturridge was always class, people were just ignorant because he's English and was completely overlooked at Chelsea despite putting in his brilliant performances everytime. Coutinho was a revelation.

Salah, I guarantee you, will not be an immediate starter and will most likely fight off with Coutinho, Sterling for the third attacking spot. Just like many Kopites who were believing that we would field Aspas/Moses, Coutinho, Suarez and Sturridge in the same team and it never happened. A waste of *bleep* money. And if BR decides to field SAS, Coutinho, Salah, all of them at the same time, I'm afraid we are done, given the midfield options we have. If we want to play all these players at the same time, then we need physicality in the middle and we sadly don't have any. Probably they might start for a game or two and after we get horribly owned, BR will realize and switch to a midfield three again.

And that's not even the point. My point is we should be going after players like Mata (who are sure to improve our starting XI and I'm not talking about the price tag here) rather than going after Salah. Comparing him to Carroll and Torres purchases is completely irrelevant since Mata is a technically gifted player who can do everything an attacking player should do in our style of play.. create, score. Carroll is a useless donkey. Torres is a poacher who lost his most threatening attribute, his pace, which made him very limited as a player. I'm not saying we can realistically sign Mata, we can't.. but he is, hypothetically, much much better option to pursue than Salah.

We can't get any attacking player that'll come around 10m who will straightaway boost our starting XI because we possibly have two of the best already that we bought in that price range last season that are a part of our starting XI. However, there are a LOT of players around 10m that will SIGNIFICANTLY improve our midfield options.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:18 am

Or pursuing Mata would simply be a waste of time and resources on a target that's clearly not coming due to his parent club... a club, I should not need to keep reminding you all, that refused to discuss the transfer of one of their back-up fullbacks this window, nevermind a vastly superior player.

And your last paragraph is such a divergence from the rest of it I have no idea if it's meant to support the same point or a different one, and therefore have no idea how to even begin to approach it.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:26 am

Wasn't Liverpool after Mata and Aguero at one point and then Aguero ended up at City and Mata at Chelsea? Then CHAD ended up at Liverpool

Back to the rumors please
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:38 am

windkick wrote:Wasn't Liverpool after Mata and Aguero at one point and then Aguero ended up at City and Mata at Chelsea? Then CHAD ended up at Liverpool

Back to the rumors please  

No. Aguero has mentioned once or twice that he has a fondness for LFC and that fueled a few stories from the usual places but there was never serious interest. And the summer we were supposedly in for Mata we ended up signing Downing instead... a month earlier and for roughly the same price. The links of both with Liverpool were nothing more than paper talk, by evidence.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:49 am

i remember Sepi fapping over the Mata to Liverpool rumours back in the day Laughing
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:51 am

B-Mac wrote:i remember Sepi fapping over the Mata to Liverpool rumours back in the day Laughing
Until he spent a month or more explaining to anyone and everyone why Downing was the superior player and signing.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:57 am

My last paragraph is just my opinion - we don't even need an attacking player but rather a proper midfielder and they're the only ones in the market who will be value for money (the argument that you're making). If we want to get an attacking player, then there's no use of getting Salah because he won't straight away improve the team and for getting someone who'll straight away improve the team, we'll need to splash some significant money.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:10 am

ExtremistEnigma wrote:My last paragraph is just my opinion - we don't even need an attacking player but rather a proper midfielder and they're the only ones in the market who will be value for money (the argument that you're making). If we want to get an attacking player, then there's no use of getting Salah because he won't straight away improve the team and for getting someone who'll straight away improve the team, we'll need to splash some significant money.
That much, at least, I can agree to.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:32 am

Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews 35m
Sky Sports News understands the deal to take Chelsea's Juan Mata to Man Utd is a step closer - full details on #ssnhd from 6am.

Proud
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:04 am

I would be surprised if Mourinho sells him in January abroad, let alone in England

then after did Manchester United refuse to sell Wazza to Chelsea ?!?
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:56 am

Natalie Portman wrote:
Gil wrote:Mata will happen imo. He hasn't even seen the pitch since that Southampton outburst.

Makes perfect sense for Mourinho.

Chelsea are done with Man U this season. Even if they meet in CL, Mata can't play.

Man U on the other hand, are yet to play Chelsea's title rivals...so Mata at Man U increases their chances of getting something from those games.

Mourinho doesn't care that Mata is only 25 and could be at United for years and eventually haunt Chelsea. He only cares about getting the title this year and next. He know he won't be at Chelsea in start of 2015-16 season, so who cares if United have a competent manager by then and can be a force again, some of it thanks to Mata.

God....I hope this doesn't happen. We should put a bid and make Mata make a choice. At worst, it'll force United to pay up more money.

You convinced me. Mou you feckin genius :bow: Maybe Fergie even persuaded him over wine hmm

and LOL at Salah poverty player.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:11 am

Etienne Capoue's proposed move to Napoli is at risk because of Tottenham's "absurd" asking price, according to the player's agent.

“The problem is not the player or Napoli –Tottenham just want a lot of money," Fischer told Radio Crc.

“What they’re asking for is absurd. But we are only on January 21 and there is still hope."
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 42 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 36 ... 42  Next